Chapter 11

Confession

 

Chapter 11

Part 1

Friends and Enemies.

 

Mi Cha’s POV

 

“Hmmpp! Hey girl’s do you know why my oppa is acting cold towards me?” I asked Soo Jin. We were on one of the practice rooms in the music building.

 

“Unnie, it might be that that keeps on following our oppas.” Hae Won said while trying to play something on the piano.

 

“Omo! De unnie. That new transfer girl is always around our SS501 oppas.” Ae Ri exclaimed while trying to polish a dance step.

 

“Remember the day you arrived and all the SS501 oppas were absent? They were absent because of her. Especially Youngsaeng and Kyu jong oppa, I heard they were taking care of her the whole night and day because she was sick.” Soo Jin answered. I was becoming angrier as they told me things that happened, especially when that transfer girl arrived.

 

“If I know she was just faking it, she didn’t look sick at all when she came back to classes three days ago. Our oppa’s kept on checking on her, I so hate that .” Hae Won exclaimed.

 

“Enough! What’s her name?” I snapped and they all froze.

 

“Min Yun” Soo Jin answered.

 

“Who is she?” I asked.

 

“No one knows actually. The rumors say she comes from a rich family and she has some skills in violin. But other than that, she never shows any talent. Even in classes she refuses to perform on her own. If I know she has no other talents.” Ae Ri answered and I know what she meant.

 

“It’s time to get to know her some more. And to show her that she is not worthy to be beside our oppas, especially my oppa.” I said and they all smiled.

 

 

Director Choi’s POV

 

 

“This is perfect. I love it. Ryan can you get some of your dancers and have them dance as back up for SS501?” I asked Ryan after I listened to the arrangement the members of SS501.

 

“De. I already have a concept. I’ll make the arrangements with your company. Can I have your manager’s number?” Ryan asked the leader of the group and the two talked about how things would go.

 

“Mianhe. If I had troubled you to be the star of this concert.” I apologized to the boys in front of me.

 

“Anni. The pleasure was ours. We are grateful to work under you.” Kyu jong politely replied as the other members smiled.

 

“Is there a music room near here?” I suddenly asked as I heard a very familiar style of music.

 

“De. A dance studio, its 3 rooms from here.” Jungmin answered in a confused tone.

 

 

“Excuse me for a second.” I stood up and told them to wait for Ryan’s instructions. I went out of the control room and followed the direction they gave me. As I walked slowly inside the room, I was overwhelmed by what I saw. She was back. I stood on the viewing room as I saw her dancing inside. I was standing near the glass window separating the viewing room from the dance studio itself. I could see her but she can’t see me.

 

Ryan’s POV

 

“Arasso. Kamsamnida. I’ll drop by your office later before 6.” I hung up the phone.  I was talking with the manager of SS501.

 

“Where’s director Choi?” I asked one of them.

 

“I think he went to the dance studio a few rooms from here.” The youngest one answered.

 

“Let’s meet him. Everything is set. The company wants you to resume with your old dance steps but they agreed that we would alter it a bit to fit the new arrangement.” I said and led the way to the dance studio.

 

“Can we start tomorrow?” their leader asked while we were walking.

 

“De. First thing in the morning, I’ll have the new choreography by then.” I smiled at them. These youngsters were really professionals despite their young age.

 

“Yey!” the youngest jumped on joy.

 

“Let see if you can still jump like that during practice. I’m strict you know and I’ll be –“ I was teasing them as we entered the room and into the viewing room when I caught sight of what Director Choi was looking at. We all crowded at the large viewing window.

 

Kyu jong’s POV

 

Ryan was teasing us but we all stopped when we saw a girl dancing. It was Yun ah. Never had we known that she could dance.

 

“Guys, are you seeing what I am seeing?” I nudged them, not knowing if I was dreaming or not.

 

“You guys look so cute when you’re dumbfounded.” Hyun joong hyung chuckled and we gave him a questioning look.

 

“You knew she could dance and never told us?” Jungmin asked in awe.

 

“You never asked.” He replied.

 

“That’s unfair.” Hyung joon whined. I shook my head and continued to watch her. I was being drawn to her dance; I couldn’t stop staring at her. I couldn’t stop looking at how graceful and effortless she moves. I couldn’t stop staring at her with adornment in my eyes; my heart just won’t let me stop.

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

“You never asked.” Hyun joong replied to Jungmin.

 

“That’s unfair.” Hyung joon whined. I ignore them as I put all my concentration on the music I was hearing. For some reason, the rhythm draws me to be drowned in each note. It was upbeat but the accompaniment of the violin, the backup of the piano, and the strong waves of the guitar made it soft yet strong. I couldn’t describe it. I watch as Yun ah moved along with the music.

 

“You have a good ear my boys.” I heard Director Choi said but neither one of us tore our gaze away from the spectacle unfolding in front of us.

 

“What do you mean Sir?” I asked confused at what he was referring to.

 

“The music. I saw your reaction, you easily noticed its difference from any other rhythm.” He replied.

 

“De. It’s not a work of an amateur but of a professional who knows his or her instruments and how to blend them without destroying even one note from each of them.” I replied.

 

“No one can pull off a stunt like that without putting a story.” I heard Jungmin replied.

 

“That was all hers. I only accidentally saw her compose the music this morning and just helped her record it.” Hyun joong hyung suddenly commented, he has this proud look on his.

 

“I guess she really is back, and I’m also guessing you guys have something to do with it.” Director Choi stated and we all tore our gaze from the viewing room to him. Even Ryan was confused.

“That girl is special. I know one of her brother. He was a music prodigy, while I was teaching him some lessons she would always be there, listening to us. Never did we think that when classes were over, she would go to their music room and play the pieces that her brother was playing. Then she would ask someone to record it and she would dance to it when she thought no one was looking. But after a tragic accident, she never played like this again, not until now.” Director Choi explained but I didn’t give it much thought. All my thoughts were on how her music and the way she dances cleared up my confusion. My heart was listening to her.

 

Yun’s POV

 

After Kyu oppa sent me a message this morning, I felt that I feel lighter again.

 

-------------------------------------

 

To: Little Yun

From: Kyu

 

Lilttle angel mianhe

We have no class today, excused.

Have to practice for the charity concert

But we have to go for an activity this morning.

 

Mianhe you have to eat lunch without us.

Practice hard arasso? ^^

What will you take part in the concert anyway?

Aiisshh I have no clue T_T

 

Don’t take it too hard.

When Hyung scolded you...

He’s in a lot of pressure lately...

Kwenchana...

You were never a hindrance or baggage for us...

 

Arasso? ^^

 

Take care my little angel...

See you this afternoon....

I’ll make some sweets for you...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I just took a picture of me sticking my tongue out and sent it to him as a reply. I let go of what I saw and my thoughts about being a hindrance to them. After all, they accepted me despite my shortcomings; I should also do that for them.

 

 

It was already 5:00 in the afternoon and there was no sign of them. So I went to the dance studio wanting to release all my emotions. I dance to the my new recorded music with the help of Hyun joong oppa who was in the recording room this morning when I went there.

 

“Oppa, why are you here? You have activities right?” I asked when I saw him at the recording studio.

 

“I still have two hours to spare. I recorded my part last night.” He replied as he took out a cd from the writer.

 

“Oh. Would you mind if I use this room now?” I asked since I got the impression that he was done with whatever he was doing.

 

“Sure. Can I watch?” He had this straight face look as he sat down and look at me.

 

“Aiggooo. Arasso, but you can’t just sit there, you can help me.” I offered and he willingly jumped off the chair and straight into the controls. He just nodded when I gave him the tuning arrangements I want as I recorded different files for the pieces I played on the violin, piano, and guitar.

 

“Wae? Are you kicking out your oppa?” he complained when I asked him to leave, he was going to be late for his schedule.

 

“De. You’re late.” I chuckled when he frowned.

 

“I’ll send you a video of me when I practice the song that I would create from the files you recorded. Arasso?”

 

“If I don’t receive any video on my phone in three hours, you’re grounded.” He agreed, ruffled my hair and went off.

 

 

“Finally. I could dance and play with my music again like how I was years before.” I muttered to myself as the last note faded and I slumped to the floor extremely breathless. I laid down, feeling the cold floor against my perspiring body.

 

“Yun ah! Saranghae!” I heard Jungmin oppa’s voice suddenly and I sat right up but fell down on the floor again as I felt him jumped on me.

 

“Oppa! Have you gone mad?” I asked him as I chuckled at his toothy grin as he hugged me so tight I couldn’t breath plus not to mention he was lying in top of me, he was heavy.

 

“Ya!” I saw a hand slapped him hard then pulled him away from me. It was Saengie oppa.

 

“Kwenchana?” Kyu oppa asked and helped me stand up but he was laughing.

“Oppa! Are you all crazy?” I asked as the four of them was laughing or smiling like a lunatic except for Saengie oppa who was just silent.

 

“No holes?” I walked towards Saengie oppa and poked his cheeks, as if I was looking for something.

 

“Finally you’re talking to me again.” He let out a heavy sigh and hugged me tight.

 

“Holes!” I squirmed out of his hug and continued poking his cheeks.

 

“Arasso. Don’t avoid me again.” I stopped poking since his dimples were already showing from his smile.

 

“Yey! I want dessert. I’m hungry. Oppa.” I pulled on Kyu oppa and he just nodded.

 

“You’ll get to eat your dessert after dinner.” Joonie declared while Hyun joong oppa agreed.

 

“Arasso. But I’m not telling you anymore about my surprise for the charity concert.” I pouted but a mischievous smile was drawing on my face.

 

Part 2

Friends and Enemies.



“You’re Min Yun right?” Mi Cha asked Yun who was walking away from the library. 


“De.” Yun replied, totally uncomfortable to see the girl that Saengie kissed.


“The students told me you’re one of those who got pick but you’re not presenting on stage? Anyway since you have no roles during the concert, I already listed you to play during the dinner after the last number to keep the guest and everyone attending it entertained.” Mi Cha said using her authority as the even organizer so that Yun was left with no choice but to agree.


“Mi Cha why are you letting her play?” Soo Jin and the others approached Mi Cha and asked her when Yun was already away. 


“You said she never showed her talent except for playing the violin once right?” Mi Cha asked them.


“De. Wae?” Hae Won said totally irritated at the thought that Yun has a role in the event.


“Most of the guests that we have invited are crazy fans of the classics. Meaning they will be requesting Yun to play many different classic songs not only from the violin but the piano and flute.” Mi Cha said happily.


“And all classics are hard to play since only those with talents as high as a Maestro can play them well in order to satisfy our guests. Which ends up embarrassing Yun.” Ae Ri continued with an evil grin as she watches Yun’s fading back in front of her.


Jungmin’s POV


“Ya! Get up and practice some more.” I yelled at Hyung joon who was lying down on the stage as we did our final rehearsals for the charity concert this evening.


“Can anyone send me to the airport? I don’t want to drive, I’m saving my energy for later.” I heard Yun ah’s voice as entered the stage from the backstage.


“Yun ah!” I jumped on her making her fall down with me also.


“Ya Mal! Don’t you have any other greeting habit than jump on me?” she yelled at me but I just laughed at her as Hyun joong hyung helped her up.


“I don’t want you. You’ll kill me.” She complained and tugs at Hyun joong to send her to the airport.


“My angel, why are you going to the airport?” Kyu jong asked while wiping his sweat with his sleeve.


“I’m going to pick up my dongsaengs.” She shortly replied with a mischievous smile.


“You mean Kimmy will be here later?” I asked in excitement.


“Gab too?” Hyun joong hyung’s face lit up.


“I guess Al will be coming too right?” Hyung joon asked but wasn’t that excited.


“Obviously.” She rolled her eyes and started to walk away when no one answered her question earlier.


“Ya! Wait for me. I’ll drive.” Hyun joong hyung answered and stopped all our complaints. I want to fetch them too. Then they took off.


“Stop pouting. Kaja. Let’s check the clothes then we can relax a little before the performance. You’ll see them after.” Youngsaeng hyung pulled me along as we went backstage.


Joelle’s POV


“Why am I exactly tagging along with you three?” I asked my twin sister while the two troublemakers were busy looking for their bag at the counter.


“Because I want you to meet our friends. Remember your promise to me.” She replied and I know what she meant by promise. Sigh.


“Arasso. Where is Yun ah? I can’t see her.” I looked around as we walked out of the airport.


“Unnie!!!” Kimmy yelled.


“Oppa!!!” Gab screamed.


“I’m so going to be deaf with you two trouble makers around.” The two ran as I was chasing after them.


“Joelle, you haven’t changed a bit.” Yun ah chuckled and gave me a big hug.


“I can see you’re still cool as ever. Still so kawaii desu.” I answered back partly speaking in Japanese.


“Hyun joong oppa, this is Joelle, Al’s twin sister who is residing in Japan.” Yun introduced me and he just smiled and took our entire luggage.


“Gab, is hyun joong sunbae the one you were talking about last time that looks so handsome?” I was teasing Gab and she quickly covered his ears.


“Gab, we might hit a car if you continue to shake my head.” He was chuckling at Gab’s red face.


“Unnie!” she whined and the car was filled with laughter.


“Yun ah, make sure to point out to me who is this y charisma, Kimmy keeps on dreaming about.” I told Yun ah and all of us ended up in laughter again as both the troublemakers were blushing and whining about being bullied.


Jae’s POV


“Wow! Jae unnie your school is really amazing. All your music students are so talented.” Kimmy was exclaiming but I know she was referring to Jungmin as they just ended their encore with all the other members and participants of the concert.
“Aiggoo. Stop gushing over your crush and lets go.” I pushed them off the VIP seats and we used the private hallway to get to the dining hall, which was open to all guests and students of the school.


“Jae-sshi!” Youngsaeng waved his hand so that we could see the table they were occupying.


“Jae-sshi, where are you this days? You are always not in school grounds after our classes.” Hyung joon asked me as we approached their tables.


“Guys, this is Joelle. Al’s twin sisters as you can see. She just arrived from Japan a few days ago.” I introduced her to the guys and the guys introduced themselves.


“Nice to meet all of y’all.” Joelle greeted them as she sat down. We were on a long table at near the stage where Yun ah was going to play some music to keep the atmosphere going. Gab and Hyun joon sat together, Kimmy and Jungmin was in front of them, while Joelle sat in between Hyungjoon and Al, and Youngsaeng and I positioned ourselves at the end of the table wherein we could be near to Yun ah. We left two empty chairs for her and Kyu jong who excused himself to go and help his seniors in the kitchen as he was in charge of dessert. 


“Ah. My Yun ah looks so cute yet y in that dress I made her wear.” I sighed in satisfaction as Yun ah was playing the piano.


“You were the one who made her wear such revealing thing?” I heard Youngsaeng choked on his food.


“Waeyo?” I asked his reaction was different.


“The length of her dress is too short. Those guys kept drooling after her.” He said in an irritated tone when he pointed to the group of 2nd year students from the culinary department.


“Is not. It’s just right, and I made the right decision by not letting her wear any make up except a glitter eye shadow and lip gloss.” I stated and I could sense that our table was full of upcoming lovers. My two dongsaengs are getting along well with Hyun joong and Jungmin, while I could see Joelle and Hyungjoon exchanging shy yet smiling glances. Al was teasing them both. Youngsaeng and Kyu jong who was in the kitchen the whole time is a differennt story. I could sense that they are growing a different kind of affection towards my Yun ah.


Yun’s POV


“Ottoke???” I asked in my mind as Mi Cha announced that the first set of my performance is finished and that we will be taking in any requests from the guests for me to play.


“Good luck. Make sure not to embarrass this school and your friends who are here. I left a violin and flute near the stage in case you need them.” She said approached me and gave me the papers of requests. All were classical masterpieces.


“Guess I have no choice.” I said in defeat. I only planned to play the piano and performed safe pieces that an average pianist would know. I didn’t want to give this performance my all in fear that someone would recognize me, I was after all still in hiding. I stood up and took the violin as I began to play the first request song.


“Jae-sshi can you get me a glass of water for me? I’ll just go to the restroom to freshen up before I continue.” I said when I took a short break after the 10th song that the guests have requested. Although I could see that they were having fun, I was scared as they listened with much enthusiasm and appreciation. Would someone recognize me? Sigh.


“Huh?” I saw Mi Cha and Saengie oppa in the hallway on my way to the restroom. She was hugging him now while directly looking at me.


“He is mine.” I got the message she was trying to relay to me. I turned around and directly went to the stage to continue. I was so tired now, I have been playing for almost one and a half hour now but the requests of the guests kept on pouring.


Youngsaeng’s POV


“Mi Cha you never mentioned about this portion of thee program.” I grabbed her arm when I met her on the way to the restroom.


“Wae? It’s a service to the guests, we did manage to squeeze 180 million kwon from them.” She said with a smirk.


“The thing is you didn’t ask for her permission.” I said in frustration. 


“Why are you so protective of her? I’m the one who you are supposedly to be protecting. I’m the one you love.” She said firmly her voice rising a bit louder.


“That was before you left me. You are nothing to me now.” I said in a cold voice. I was getting tired of her chasing after me.


“Oppa! You can’t leave.” She then hugged me. I stood still for a moment. Trying to control my temper.


“You were the one who left not me. I’m free now, you and I have no relations.” I said peeling her arms away from me. I turned around and froze for a second. I saw Yun ah walking away. Damn.


Kyu Jong’s POV


“Ya! Don’t eat that.” I smacked Hyun joon hyung’s hand away from the dessert in front of me.


“Wae? No ones eating it.” He said as he was looking at the dessert.


“You already ate two of these. Besides this is for Yun ah. She hasn’t eaten a thing yet and I bet she’s tired from all that playing.” I said and I pointed at Yun ah who was bowing to the guests as they applauded her. Finally after 50 songs she was able to end her part.


“Unnie kwenchana?” Kyoung Mi asked when her hand was shaking when she sat down. 


“Kwenchana dongsaeng. This is just from all the playing, I think I overused my fingers too much.” She smiled but tiredness was etched on her face.


“Oppa is that for me?” she was eyeing the dessert in front of me.


“Anni.” I .


“Oppa.” She was pouting.


“Kyu jong ah, stop teasing her. She needs sugar.” Youngsaeng hyung shook his head and asked me to give it to her.


“Yey! Komawo Saengie oppa. Kyu oppa komawo for your effort in making this.” She thanked him and gave me her sweet smile as she thanked me too.


“Aissh. Why are you so helpless when you’re hungry.” Youngsaeng hyung said while taking the spoon from Yun ah and fed her instead since her hands were shaking she had a hard time eating it. I wanted to feed her myself but hyung was beside her so it is easy for him.


“My angel how is it? Did you think this passed the taste buds of our picky guests?” I asked her as she ate a spoonful of cream that hyung fed her.


“Kyu oppa’s sweets are the best in the world!!” she exclaimed while the others laughed at her. I couldn’t help but chuckle too. She was just too adorable.


“Oppa, I think if you spoil our unnie that much she’ll become fat.” Gab commented making Yun ah pout.


“Your unnie will still look cute even if she becomes fat like a pig.” I said and I felt Yun ah kick my leg underneath the table.


“That’s what you get for bullying our unnie.” Al said chuckling as Yun ah and Jae-sshi high five and Youngsaeng hyung shoved a big piece of cake inside .


--- 10PM


“Min Yun Hei. I found you at last. Who would have thought I’ll see you here in Korea of all places.” A man said to himself as he was looking at Yun the whole night over dinner, while she was playing on stage and talking to her friends on their table. 


“I found her.” The same man said when the person he was calling answered.


“Agreed. Do you want her alive or dead when I send her to you?” the man asked.


“Got it.” He ended the call and took one last picture of her among the probable hundreds of shots he managed to capture the whole night before he left for now.


Yun’s POV


“Lee oppa. Can you teach me that technique again?” I pleaded oppa when I saw him do his signature move with his racecar.


“Okay. I can’t win over you. Under one condition.” He said.


“What is it?” I asked impatiently.


“Never ever teach this move to anyone else.” He said in a serious tone.


“Kay! I know this move is precious to dad and mom that’s why I wanna learn it.” I said and I hop on the racecar he got for me. 


“Aiisshh. Speak in Korean. I’m going crazy reminding you that everyday.” He complained and challenged me to copy all his moves in one go.


*creak...creak...


“huh?!” I jumped out of bed and out of my dreams when I heard my window squeak open. I saw no one in my room so I quickly closed the window again, took my phone and ran towards Saengie oppa’s room.


“Oppa! Oppa!” I was nudging him, but he won’t wake up.


“Fine! I’ll go over to Kyu oppa.” I said and jumped out of his bed and was about to head towards the walk through to his room when I felt a hand grabbed mine. I screamed.


“Yun ah? Kwenchana. Hey! It’s me.” I turned around and saw Saengie oppa standing in front of me.


“What’s wrong?” he asked when I began to shiver.


“I was just startled. Uh...I think someone was trying to enter my room a while ago so I ran her.” I stammered. He dragged me back to his bed so that I can sit down as he called for his butler at the intercom at his side table.


“You called young master?” His butler asked when Youngsaeng opened his door when someone knocked.


“De. Can you have someone check Yun ah’s room. Seems like somebody tried to enter her room through the window. Check the cameras too.” I heard him order his butler. “Have my personal security to stand guard at my door.” He added as his butler bowed and left.


“Oppa can I sleep here please? I can sleep on the couch.” I asked him. Everyone was asleep since it was already 1 in the morning. My dongsaengs were all staying over Jae’s house as arranged and the rest of the guys were sleeping too.


“You don’t have to ask. I was about to tell you to sleep here. Kaja. You need to rest.” He pulled me into the middle of his bed and he just lay on his stomach, burying his head on his pillow.


“Komawo oppa.” I said and laid down when he patted the space beside him.


“Stop thanking me for every single thing. I’ll always be here for you arasso?” he said and he held my right hand.


“Oppa what is this for?” I asked, poking his cheeks to wake him up.


“To make sure you won’t get scared while I’m sleep.” He said and took my other hand and held onto it.


“Ya!” I protested but he just chuckled and was fast asleep after a few seconds. I yawned and fell asleep too.


~~~~i'm jealous over my own character and I got the creeps from writing this chapter about the mysterious man... ^^