Chapter 23

Confession

Chapter 23

Dance the night away.

Yun’s POV



“Jae-sshi are you in school already?” I asked her, it was the day before classes will start. The guys and me just arrived at our dorms after seeing my dongsaengs after their first day at school and Joelle’s first day at work here in Seoul.


“Anni. I’ll be arriving tomorrow morning.” I grinned.


“Soooo. How does it feel to be engaged with Uno?” I . She called last week, telling us that she and Uno got engaged and their family was more excited than them.


“Ke ke secret. How does it feel to be his girlfriend?” she teased back.


“Secret.” I playfully replied while rubbing my eyes, trying not to fall asleep.


“Ke ke. It’s decided then, we’ll spend tomorrow evening talking about it. I’ll get my grandpa to allow me to stay over.” She said and we both hung up.


“Baby still not sleeping? It’s past 10.” I looked up when I heard three knocks from the walkthrough door.


“Just got off the phone with Jae.” I said as an excuse.


“Arasso. Go sleep now.” He playfully dragged me towards my bed and tucked me under the covers.


“Night.” He said after giving me a quick kiss.


“Good night.” I said as my eyes flutter slightly.


Kyu Jong’s POV


“Sleeping already?” I asked Youngsaeng the moment he went back to his room after checking on Yun ah.


“De. Just now. Where were we?” he asked as he slumped back to his bed.


“Nothing much. I was just telling you to cherish her.” I said, although I was expecting some feeling of anger, it wasn’t there at all. I am a little sad though, but seeing Yun’s smile whenever they are together takes away that sadness instantly.


“Of course I will. I wouldn’t risk my off like that if I didn’t intend to do just that.” He replied. We then talked for almost an hour then. Mostly about the songs that we were trying to compose for our next album, we wanted to show our fans our ability to create our own music with the help of our teachers.


“Hyung! We’ll be graduating in one year time.” I stated the fact clearly. This was our advantage as special students of the VIP dorm. We have our double courses but we only need to take its majors, so we can graduate over two years time.


“De. Except for Hyung joon anyways. He will be stuck here for one more year.” He said and chuckled after imagining our maknae’s whining when that day comes.


“We’ll still be together after that time right?” I asked, showing him one of my fears.


“Babo. You’re thinking silly again. Didn’t we make a deal with our parents already?” he knocked lightly on my forehead.


“We can still carry on with our career even when we have already inherited our family’s company, if and only if, we would be happy.” I smilingly recalled the deal with our parents.


“It’s good to have such great parents. Well, maybe it comes from our parents being average high school friends who challenged each other to get to the top.” Hyung said giving me his reassuring smile.


“De. I think I’ll go sleep now. We still have class tomorrow.” I said and stood up yawning.


“Night.”


“Goodnight hyung.” I replied and walked through my room, curled up on my bed with my teddy bear.


“We will be happy, which means we’ll grow old together as a group plus the girls.” I muttered sleepily and drifted off to sleep.


Youngsaeng’s POV


I had already changed into my pajamas and just reading a book on my bed when I heard Yun ah scream. I jumped out of bed quickly and rushed to her room.


“Yun ah?” I whispered beside her. She was breathing heavy and ragged and her chest was heaving, trying to recover any breath it could as she clutch her chest.


“Baby?” I whispered again, with worry evident in my eyes, I brushed the locks of hair out of her vision, caressing her cheek gently.


Yun ah jumped at the touch, but I could see she forced back the immediate instincts to run. After a moment, I noticed she felt calm enough to lean against me; her body was still reacting to the nightmare.


“Ssshh...I’m here. I won’t leave you.” I wrapped both arms around her lightly, hand rubbing her back in comforting circles.


“Mianhe. I troubled you again.” She said in a low voice. After the last encounter, she would sometimes have this nightmare. I can’t blame her though; she has been through a lot.


“No reason to be sorry.” I murmured. Burying my face on her hair as she slowly calmed down some more.


“Thanks.” She said and gave me a smile. I felt my chest got lighter as I gave her back a smile and gave her a warm hug.


“I love you.” She said in a low voice, she pulled back enough to press her lips against mine in a short kiss.


I didn’t waste time in returning the kiss, one arm wrapping around Yun’s waist and the other resting at the back of her head. Mentally cursing my shortness of breath for making me break the kiss far too soon for my liking.


“I love you too.” I smiled warmly at her, giving her another light peck, trying to erase all the thoughts of her nightmare.


My smile grew when I saw her blush and I kissed her again, unable to contain my joy of being beside her of having his feelings returned. Hearing those words, seeing her blush like this meant the world to him. I heard her chuckle softly after breaking the kiss. I hold her close to me, resting her head on my shoulder, sleepy and perfectly content.


Yun’s POV


“Morning sleepy head.” I called out to the sleeping person. I was in Saengie oppa’s room trying to wake him up.


“Morning yourself.” He mumbled sleepily.


“Are you still mad over that?” I chuckled lightly remembering why he was like this.


Flashback

I woke up from a nightmare sometime around 1 in the morning. Gladly oppa was there like the other times and calmed me down.


“I love you too.” He replied back when I said the same words to him after our kiss. Though I was blushing for sure, but I knew a smile was on my lips as he pulled me to rest on his shoulders.


“Oppa, I’m sleepy.” I said and he shifted his position so that we both were lying down on my bed.


“Go to sleep then.” He said and my hair.


“Anni. Go sleep in your room.” 


“Wae~” he complained.


“You know I can’t sleep well if someone is beside me.”


“I don’t want to.” He pouted.


“Anni.” I protested and pushed him off the bed.


“Arasso. Arasso. Go to sleep then. I’ll leave my side door open.” He said chuckling, gave me a quick kiss on the lips and went to his room yawning.


End of Flashback



“What are you smiling about?” I snapped out and jumped when I saw his face an inch from me.


“Ya! Why are you scaring people like that?” I scolded him but I was chuckling like he was.


“Who told you to look adorable while spacing out like that? Hmm?” he said as he got up from his bed and pulled me to him.


“I don’t know. Maybe you can tell me?” I back.


“Ehem. You two lovebirds might want to post phone that as classes will start in 10 minutes.” I turned around and saw my brother Lee on the doorway with the other guys behind him.


“Oppa!” I jumped to him and kissed him on the cheek.


“Aigggoo. You already have a boyfriend and you’re still doing this to me.” He complained but I knew he was just joking.


“Ei, what are you doing here anyway?” I asked him when I finally let go.


“I was just going to inform you that I’ll be going to Canada to handle all the processing and press. We’ll be releasing the news Han and me are still alive and that you will stay in Korea to finish your studies.” He explained while we were walking on our way to the lobby.


“AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHH Oppa!!!!!” I heard screams of girls suddenly.


“Here we go again.” I muttered as fan girls screamed and crowded over the 5 guys in front of us.


“Do you want to send you to the airport? I can skip my classes today.” I offered my brother but he refused.


“No need. Yuu will be sending me off. You already know that he will replace your personal assistant right?” he said and I just nodded. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and waved him off.


“Good luck on getting on class on time.” I yelled out to the five guys as I saw Jae-sshi approach us and I dragged her away, or more like running away from them as they started to protest. Girls were still surrounding them.


Jungmin’s POV


“Whew! What a way to start the first day of class.” I said out loud as I sat down beside Hyung joon inside the cafeteria.


“We almost didn’t make it through our first class.” Kyu jong complained too.


“But someone here sure did have a leisure time to get to her class on time.” I said completely eyeing Yun ah and Jae-sshi who left us to fend for ourselves this morning.


“Ya! You want us to be squished by your fan girls? No thank you.” Jae-sshi answered back, before eating another spoonful of salad.


“By the way Jae-sshi what’s the theme for this year’s annual ball?” I asked her since I wanted to think of the clothes we were going to wear.


“Fairytale land. The details will be up soon. As far as negotiations are concerned, Singapore and Japan’s Elite school will be our guest this year.” She explained while looking up the ceiling as if remembering she was right.


“Annual ball?” Yun ah looked at us quizzically. I almost forgot that she transferred her a month after classes have started.


“Dongsaeng ah, its a ball wherein our school host a party then we invite two elite schools like ours. The aim is to mingle with other elite students and to create a friendly atmosphere as the school starts.” I explained to her but I laughed when I saw what was Youngsaeng hyung doing while she was listening intently to what I was saying.


“Hyung are you turning her into an eating machine?” I asked after Yun ah complained of the big heap of food hyung has placed on her plate.


“Anni. It’s just that she is too skinny.” He replied and placed some more food on her plate.


“Arasso. I won’t comment anymore.” I said and wondered how Kimmy was doing in her class here in school. 


Youngsaeng’s POV


“Baby what are you doing? It’s already time for dinner.” I called out for her when I found her in the music room, playing something on the grand piano.


“Nothing much. Just trying to get this certain melody out of my mind.” She replied as I listened to her play something, it was like a ballad but more upbeat yet still calming.


“Do you really have to play something during the ball? I don’t want you to be tired, you still haven’t caught up with your sleep yet.” I worriedly ask, she was only getting an average of 4 to 5 hours of sleep.


“Aiggoo. Don’t worry about it. It’s only two songs. Besides the girls are coming right? They love listening to me play, especially Gab.” She answered as the last notes flowed out of keys she just pressed seconds ago.


“De. She is improving in her violin, unlike Kimmy who gave up midway and went for the drums.” I chuckled, remembering the music sessions we had with the girls.


“Is it really okay for them to attend to the ball?” she was now facing me; I sat down beside the bench also facing her.


“We’re VIP students, we can bring whoever we want as our and partner to the dance.” I said cupping her cheeks and gave her a peck on her lips.


“Oh. I keep forgetting that I’m getting a special treatment. It .” She said pouting. After the whole school knew who she was, she was always regarded with more special treatment like us.


“You’ll get used to it. After all you’re a girl of an idol. I said giving her a quick kiss on her pouting lips.


“Hmmm...I don’t know. The limelight had always been the first thing in my to avoid list since I was little.” She chuckled and pulled me with her to meet the others at the lobby. We were all dining out with her dongsaengs, Jae-sshi and my fellow members.


----

Gab’s POV


“Oppa?” I waved my hand in front of Hyun joong oppa. 


“Ke ke someone is love struck. Gab, Kimmy, Joelle, didn’t your unnie told you that you look fabulous at the dress I had made for you?” Jae unnie was teasing him while pointing to our dresses. We were all wearing black short dresses including Yun unnie.


“Unnie!” I muttered to him as I felt my cheeks burn red.


“Waeyo? Ya! If you guys don’t stop staring at them they’ll be melting even before this party has started.” She whacked their shoulders jolting them back to reality.


“Um...You look great.” I heard him whisper to me as they took a seat beside us. 


“You look handsome too.” I said as I took note of the European inspired attire they are wearing. (*imagine their European outfits at the Destination album)


“Youngsaeng oppa, why is Yun unnie not here yet?” I asked him when a vacant seat was beside him. All the others including Uno oppa was already here.


“Tell that to your unnie, she didn’t let me see her at all today.” He said in a frown while pointing at Jae unnie. I look at her with a questioning look as the others listened.


“Yun ah will be part of the introduction as she will play two songs on her violin from up there. And you mister, be patient, not seeing her will give you a suprise and a heart attack when you see her.” Jae unnie explained as she pointed at the staircase in the middle of the dance floor.


“That’s what I’m worried about. The last time you dressed her up it was too short.” He replied and Kimmy and me laughed at him.


“Kimmy ah, I think he would really have a heart attack right?” I said to my cousin.


“You got that right cuz.” She giggled with me, earning a curious looks from the guys.


“Let’s see you two giggle when you dance with us later as part of the ceremony.” Jungmin oppa said and we just shrugged.


“Oppa all of us are good at this kinds of dances. It’s one thing that our parents insisted that we learn.” Joelle unnie said to the guys, earning her a wide grinning Hyung joon oppa. 


The five guys and Jae unnie was given the task to start the waltz as part of the entourage. We stood up and wore our masks as the ushers informed as to stand at the each side of the staircase, two pairs in each side, while youngsaeng oppa waited with us. He was assigned to start lead the group since his partner was Yun unnie. The program was about to begin.


Kyu Jong’s POV


“Hey will your fiance kill me after our dance?” I asked Jae-sshi as she was my partner since only students from our school could be a part of the entourage.


“Nah. He’s that confident. Scary isn’t it?” She chuckled as I stuck out my tongue in nervousness.


“Ya! You’re an idol, act like one.” She teased me but we turned silent as the lights dimmed.


Yun’s POV


“Yun ah calm down, its only 1000 students out there.” I said to calm myself down, tugging at my dress. Why did Jae have to let me wear such short dress like the others? 


“Min Yun when the light dims that’s your cue to go to the center and play.” Our music teacher Ms. Yumi said and helped me put my mask on since I was holding my violin.


“Aiggoo.” I muttered to myself as the lights dimmed and I slowly walked to the center just above the staircase. 


I positioned my violin on my right shoulder and started to play the guy’s song, Find in my own arrangement. The song was just a minute before I quickly transpose it to a classic tune of Tennessee Waltz, making the sound more lovely and entrancing to capture the hearts of the listeners.


Youngsaeng’s POV


The moment the spotlight shown on Yun ah, a lumped on my throat started to form and feels like it wanted to stay there permanently. My eyes roamed over her from head to toe and vice-versa. 


“Hyung! Ya! Hyung!” I heard Jungmin whispered at me.


“Huh? Wae?” I turned to face him.


“The song is almost done, move to the center to meet dongsaeng.” He hissed. Hyun joong was chuckling in a low voice beside him.


“Ah. Oh.” I said as I dreamingly walked to the center my gaze never leaving the girl going down the staircase.


“Everyone please welcome Ms. Min Yun Hei, escorted by Mr. Heo Youngsaeng as they heat up the dance floor together with SS501 and their lovely escorts!!” a voice erupted somewhere as I kissed Yun ah’s right hand before escorting her to the middle of the dance floor. The other four pairs moving along with us towards us as the music started.


“You look beautiful like a real life princess.” I whispered in her ear while we were dancing.


“And you look dashing my dear prince.” She replied as she twirled around as we move.


“But I still don’t approve of you wearing such a short dress. The other guys out there are drooling over my baby.” I said in annoyance as I saw the looks of the other students over her.


“Hyung! Change.” 


Kimmy’s POV


“Waltz is boring.” I said to Jungmin oppa as we were leading on the dance floor.


“Want it to be more fun?” he raised his eyebrow in question.


“De.” I answered, curious of what he had in mind.


“Arasso. See you in a while Ms. Kyoung Mi.” he said and winked at me. Then he snaps his fingers and the music instantly changed into a upbeat music.


“Hyung! Change.” He called out to Youngsaeng oppa and he twirled me towards him.


“Hi! Dongsaeng. Got bored?” Youngsaeng oppa asked as he caught me and dance with me.


“A little.” I laughed. Finally realizing what happened.


“Good. Bye.” He said and twirled me around and I landed on Hyung joong oppa’s arm.


“Ke Ke. Mianhe but I have to steal you away from Mal for a bit.” He said as he guided me along to the left.


“I don’t mind that much. Joelle unnie must be suffering from you.” I bullied him as I matched his rhythm.


Joelle’s POV


“Hey dongsaeng!” Kyu jong oppa greeted me when Hyung joon oppa suddenly twirled me away when Jungmin oppa said change.


“Annyeong oppa. Is this part of the plan?” I asked as other pairs begin to join us on the dance floor.


“Actually I have no clue but its fun. Bye bye.” He chuckled and sent me flying to Hyun joong oppa.


“Hey there lil alien. Care to do some alien dance?” he said as we started to dance.


“Ya! Oppa. What alien dance?” I chuckled at his 4dness, no wonder Gab has a huge crush on him.


Kyu jong’s POV


After handing Jae-sshi to Uno and dancing for quite some time with the others I went out to the balcony. Wanting some fresh air.


“Aahh. The air feels so nice.” I said out loud stretching carelessly.


“Huh?” I dipped my head sideways as I saw a girl in silver halter dress alone and looking at the fountain downstairs by the right side of balcony.


“Hey! Oh! Mianhe. Did I startle you?” I said in a low voice when she turned abruptly.


“Oh! Mianhe Kyu jong-sshi, I didn’t know it was you.” She bowed down a little averting my eyes.


“It’s okay. Drop the formalities please. Just call me Kyu jong oppa.” I gave her a slight smile as I leaned on the railings beside her.


“Um. Okay, Kyu jong oppa. Then you can just call me Haneul.” She shyly said as she returned her gaze towards the fountain.


“Mianhe for asking but is it just me or we belong to the same department?” I asked her face was familiar, but I never did mingle much.


“De. Culinary Arts department, same class as you are.” She said with a smile.


“Kwenchana?” I asked when her eye was teary.


“Mianhe. Don’t bother, just normal relationship problems.” She said in a whisper and she hang her head low.


“I’m a good listener. Want to tell me about it?” I carefully asked, trying not to sound as if I’m prying into her private matters. She then turned to me with curious eyes; she gave a heavy sigh then told me everything.


“Is that him?” I cocked my head sideward as we entered the dancing hall again I was leading her inside.


“De. But oppa what are you planning to do?” she asked as I lead her towards the center of the dancing hall, right near to the guy who cheated on her. I snap my fingers and everyone in the floor looked at me while I bowed down before her.


“May I take this my beautiful lady?” I asked. No one can walk away easily like that. Does no one knows how hard is to fall in love?


“Oppa what are you doing?” she whispered.


“Everyone this beautiful girl has caught my sight but she still refuses to dance with me.” I said out loud. I could hear Jungmin and Hyung joon cheer from the side and I saw Yun ah playfully pushed her a little so that she would land in my arms.


“Oppa?” she gave me a questioning look as I lead her to dance, moving in a graceful Tango.


“Hmm...Good dancing skills.” I commented and whispered, “Just follow me.”


“Sorry to say that this is the only music that speaks to me.” She said as she started to move more confidently.


“Then I’m glad we have no language barrier then.” I winked and puller her close to me as we sweep across one side to another in a seductive yet fun dance of Tango.


“Komawo oppa. Now I can move on.” She said as I also noticed her ex-boyfriend fuming with envy.


“It’s enough for me to know that I can help.” I said as we both walked towards my group’s table when the music faded and everyone’s applause was getting starting to get louder.

 

 

~~~~~Here are the outfits:

In order: Jae, Joelle, Kimmy, Gab

user posted image


Yun

user posted image


SS501


user posted image