Chapter 25

Confession

 

Chapter 25

Snapshots 2.

Hyung Joon’s POV



“Joonie. Pali. Pali.” Yun ah was calling for me.


“What are we doing here early in the morning?” I whined, I was still sleepy but Yun ah came barging in my room and brought me here in a small market town.


“Ei, stop complaining and come over here. What do you want for breakfast?” she put her right hand on her waist, looking at me.


“Hmm...Why is it hard to choose? I’ll take the meal 7 then.” I said while looking at the signboard of a small diner. 


“Isn’t it great here? Fresh air in the morning while eating breakfast is the best. Plus most men eating here are workers so there is a slim chance of fan girls disturbing you.” Yun ah said while we were eating our breakfast, we would exchange our dishes every now and then.


“Yun ah does hyung knows you’re with me? I don’t want to be bullied when I get back.” I asked her when I suddenly realized that we left when everyone was still sleeping.


“He knows I’ll be bugging you guys today, he left even before us. Halmoni arrived last night and asked Saeng to accompany her for the day. Don’t worry, I won’t tell your Joelle about this.” She said with an evil smile on her face.


“She’s not my girl...yet...” I said and averted my eyes.


“Don’t worry Joonie. I for one know she has a big crush over you. Don’t tell her that I told you though.” I beamed at her statement and we heartily ate our breakfast.


“Ah. I’m so full.” I rub my tummy and leaned on a wooden post.


“That’s because you gulped down your food and half of mine. Joonie ah smile.” She was laughing after she took my picture.


“Waeyo? My pose was good.” I said to her and we both went our way back to the car and left the window open to enjoy the breeze while driving back to the dorms.


“Aisshh. You guys are lucky, no classes for you since it’s your graduation tomorrow.” I complained when we got to our dorms lobby, 30 minutes before my classes would begin.


“Joonie is whining like a baby again. Help!” she jokingly tugged at the guard’s sleeve on our lobby and the guard just smiled at us.


“Ya! Arasso. I’ll go now. We’re the same age but I get to stay behind.” I muttered as I waved goodbye and walked towards the school building.


Hyun Joong’s POV


“Hyun joong oppa, were you even listening? You have to take the picture from here, if you do it there then all you’ll see in your picture are shadows.” Yun ah was scolding me again. 


“Arasso. My dongsaeng sure is a strict teacher.” I teased and went up the stage to take the picture that I wanted. We were here for 30 minutes now and I was getting nowhere.


“See? I told you even your digital camera can take a good picture.” She said when we looked at the still image I caught of our school’s auditorium. I wanted to take a good picture of it for a memorabilia.


“De. Oh want to come to the music studio with me?” I said while looking at my camera. I turned my head to her when I heard a shutter.


“Hyun joong oppa you look so candid here.” Yun ah said while showing me the picture.


“Oh! This one is good, give me a copy.” I said looking at the picture.


“Arasso. Oppa, Gab might be a little stubborn at times but I hope you could tolerate her.” 


“Anni. I’m used to it by now.”


“You like her right?”


“Wae?”


“Nothing. If you like her take care of her. If you don’t, please don’t give her any false hopes.”


“Why are you telling me this?” I turned to look at her while we were walking towards the other parts of the building to take some pictures.


“Nothing. It’s my opinion as her noona.”


“You mean ahjumma right?” she hit my shoulder playfully while we both ended up laughing.


“Aiggoo. It’s this late already. Oppa I have to go. I told Jungmin oppa that I’ll be at his store before 3.” She hurriedly said her goodbyes and left running towards the end of the building.


“Ya! Didn’t we tell you a million times to stop running around the hallway?” I shouted but she was already too far away.


Jungmin’s POV


“Jungmin oppa!!” someone shouted suddenly from my back and I almost threw Lapin whom I was holding with my two hands.


“Ya! Can’t you see I was holding Lapin?” I shouted at Yun ah but she just laughed at me.


“Rok Chang, did you miss me?” she said while walking towards the cage where we keep the two rabbits here at my shop, Royal Avenue.


“How could she miss you when I’m here? And why are you late?” I asked her after handing her some carrots that I was feeding the rabbits.


“I was preoccupied teaching Hyun joong oppa on how to take pictures at school.”


“Arasso. Arasso. So what are we going to do again that it can’t wait until next time?” I asked and I have this nervous feeling when she just smiled.


“Oppa! You are so slow!!” Yun ah shouted at me.


“Aiisssh! Ya! Once were done here, I’ll get you.” I shouted too while trying to keep my balance on the ice rink.


“Arasso. Here, hold on to me.” She offered her hand and we started skating in circles until I managed to zoom in and out without any help.


“Oppa bring Kimmy here next time. She loves to play around in ice rinks like this, but you have to tie up Gab if you want her to come along.”


“Ke ke. Then I’ll tag team with Hyun joong hyung to tie her next time.”


“De. Why don’t you try to hold a fan meeting in places like this? It sure is a good place to interact with fans.”


“Hmm...you’re right. I’ll tell manager about it.” 


“Whoa. Oppa pali, race with that kid.” She said and pointed to a kid who was skating fast. I took the challenge and raced with her but I lost in the end when I fell on my .


“Ouch. I’ll have bruises that I won’t be able to see.” I complained as we were sitting down on one of the fences outside the skating rink center.


“Ke ke. Who gave you the permission to fall down?” Yun ah teased me.


“Ya! I didn’t do it on purpose.” I pouted but smiled when I saw her point her camera towards me.


“Aisshh. This must be one of the idol sickness, whenever there is a camera, you would automatically pose and smile.” She complained but I know she was joking.


“Aigggoo. That’s because we’ve changed into a cameraperson already. Kaja. My shop needs me already, I told them I won’t be gone that long.” I said and we both drove back to the Mall.


“Komawo for the time oppa.” She said as I handed the keys to her since I was the one who drove back.


“Anytime dongsaeng. See you later.” I waved her goodbye and look at her car disappear into the corner before I went back inside.


Kyu Jong’s POV


“Haneul Unnie, I’ll borrow Kyu oppa for an hour arasso?” I heard Yun ah say as I walked back inside the cooking room.


“What’s with the borrowing me?” I asked and both just shrugged and look at me.


“Kyu jong oppa, Yun ah wants you to accompany her for a while. Go, I’ll watch the cake base we are baking for tomorrow. It won’t be done in another 30 minutes anyway.” Haneul waved me off while Yun ah was pushing me through the door.


“I’ll be right back.” I shouted at the door and went willingly with Yun ah.


“Phooey! I thought we could go biking.” Yun ah was pouting, we were at our schools courtyard so that we wouldn’t be drenched in the sudden pour of the rain.


“At least you can still eat your ice cream.” I pointed out chuckling as she took a bite and pouted again.


“I still want to bike.”


“We still have a lot of days ahead. We can go another day.”


“Ei, you have a nice view there. Oppa pose for me.” She suddenly asked her eyes were beaming.


“What pose?” I asked when she her camera and pointed its lens towards me.


“Isn’t that one of your specialties being idols. Just do what you feel like doing.” She said and I did many poses as she took one picture from another.


“Ei, this one was taken really well.” I pointed to one picture that we were looking at.


“De. The way you held you collar is Kyute.”


“Wae~ you’re using my name in English again.” I chuckled at her new way of saying cute in English by adding my name that she developed months ago.


“Ke Ke. Mianhe. Oppa are you happy right now? Especially with Haneul?” She asked suddenly and I almost choked at her question.


“Er...De, I’m happy right now...as with Haneul...let’s say we are just taking it slow. It’s easy to get over a heart ache but it’s hard to learn to love another person.” I said carefully trying not to burden her with my answer.


“Then that’s good. Haneul unnie is a great girl, I really like how brave and outspoken she is but still looks like a lady.” Yun ah said while finishing off her ice cream.


“De. Unlike someone here who looks like a kid because of her baby face.” I when she just pouted.


“Aegyo. My angel is a little baby.” I some more until she end up laughing at my crazy dances while teasing her.


“Ke Ke. Kyu oppa, you really are the best.” She said and I felt she sincerely mean it.


“Anni. It’s just that whenever you girls are around, it brings my protective instinct at work and my charms just flow out.” I said jokingly but meaning the first part of my sentence.


“I really hate rains, they hide the stars especially at night.” She complained as we looked at it pour. We just stood there by the courtyard for a few minutes before making our way back to the cooking room.


--- Next Day


Yun’s POV


“Aisshh. These guys, drinking like it was the end of the world.” I chuckled as Saengie oppa, Joonie, and Jungmin was passed out.


“We’ll drive the girls home then.” Hyun joong oppa offered but I declined.


“Anni. You two also drank. Jae can take them home since she’s also leaving already.” I said and Jae agreed.


“Give me a ring when you get home. arasso?” I told them and waved them goodbye.


“Dongsaeng ah, I think we have to sleep too. I’m getting sleepy.” Hyun joong oppa said half dragging Kyu oppa with him.


“Ke Ke. Oppa, Kyu oppa is not your pillow.” I called out and he let go of Kyu oppa.


“Thanks angel. I thought I would be squished tonight. Need help with the guys?” he offered.


“Anni. I have Yuu to help me. Go to sleep. I know you’re a little tipsy already.” I shooed him to his room and went to the other rooms to check on the passed out body sleeping on their bed.


“Yuu, is everything ready?” I asked him when we got back to my own room after checking on the boys. It was past 2 in the morning.


“De. Young Master. I have everything ready as you wish it to be.” He replied while he just stood there, looking at me.


“Yuu, my mind won’t change. You know that. Go down first, I’ll be there in a short while.” I told him and he left after handing me my jacket.


“Saeng...” I whispered to his sleeping face, gently caressing his cheek.


“You know I love you right? Saranghae.” I said in a whisper as I left a photo with a note beside his intercom like what I did to all the other guys. Graduation was over, but our time was over as well.


--- 5am

“Due to your brother being in a Coma for almost three years, the medicines was the only thing that helped him survived, but it also damaged his liver badly. He needs a liver transplant as soon as a donor matches.”

“If mine matches, would he be able to live?”

“Yes. He can live for as long as he can.”



“You are an identical match but I don’t think you can be the donor.”

“Wae?”

“You’re body is not yet good condition. Donating your liver can cost you your life. We can wait for your body to be well.”

“But that would be too late right?”

“Yes.”

“I will be Han oppa’s donor. When can we do it?”

“We can ready him in two days.”

“Two days that is.”

“But –“

“I don’t care about me, just make sure he lives. Keep this a secret from him arasso?”

“But – if you insist so. But keep in mind, after the operation you would still live, but it would only take one or two months before...”

“Before I die. I know.”



“Young Master Yun, we are here.” I was awakened by Yuu’s voice.


“Oh. Mianhe. I fell asleep.” I said as he opened the door for me.


“Yuu, remember, no one must know who Han’s donor is. You can go back to Seoul now, the drive to Busan is a bit long.” I reminded him as oppa’s doctor came out to greet me and asked the nurse to prepare me for the operation.


“Yes Young Master.” He said but I didn’t look back to see the sadness in his eyes.

---

Kyu Jong’s POV


“Hyung...” I said while placing a hand on Youngsaeng’s shoulder. It was the afternoon already when we all woke up to Jungmin’s scream and banging on our door. Now it was almost 8 in the evening after spending most of our time looking for our missing dongsaeng. Not even Yuu, Lee hyung knows, we didn’t want to contact Han oppa as to not worry him.


“She’s gone...” he said the words that not one of us dared to mention.


I didn’t know what to say, didn’t know how to comfort him. Jungmin took him into his arms as he cried and bawled like a baby. Hyun joong hyung whispering words to soothe him, while Hyung joon was silently crying beside them. I look at the five pictures and five notes Yun ah left for us. Trying to see where she was, why she left us without notice.


user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image


I read the notes again and again. Eyeing the pictures, snapshots of what she took. Snapshots of the day she must have spent with us to create a smiling memory like this.


“Yun ah, baby...Please don’t go where I can’t find you.” That was the final words I heard from Youngsaeng hyung before he fell asleep from the exhaustion of running around all afternoon to crying all night.


~~~~ don't hate me for this part please... 211.gif