Chapter 19

Confession

Chapter 19

We lose some we gain some.

Lee’s POV



“Damn. Yun be careful. The driver from XTR team plays dirty.” I warned her through our ear piece after seeing the driver almost bumped her off the racetrack.


“When appa said the world of racing is a mess he didn’t say it was this crazy.” I heard her reply over as she under steered and droved back to her last position. 


“Move on ahead, I’ll block him.” I said, my heart was thumping so fast, not because of the race but because I am too nervous for my sister’s safety.


“Anni. I’m fine. Concentrate on yours. Melody to Star arasso?” a smile broke on my face upon hearing our secret call.


“Ya! Did you just call me your oppa again?” I yelled over the earpiece as I sped up some more leaving 5 cars behind me.


“I’m not going to repeat it for deaf guys like you. Aissshh!” she chuckled over the earpiece but I heard her grinding with another car.


Hyung Joon’s POV


We were inside the tent of the Thunder team, all of us were glued to the LCD screen that was half showing Yun’s side and half was showing Ray hyung’s side.


“Is that allowed?” I asked when a car was bumping and grinding with Yun ah.


“De. The only thing not allowed in here is the use of other equipments like spikes and grabbers.” Al explained to us while she was busy tapping the keyboard in front of her.


“I still can’t believe you were working here all along.” I grumbled, remembering how she rejected me.


“Mianhe.” I heard her say I just nodded.


“Is it him?” I asked referring to Ray.


“De.” She answered.


“Who ever that driver is, I’ll surely give him a piece of mind later.” Jungmin suddenly shouted when there were already two cars sandwiching Yun ah, Ray was far ahead since he was leading.


“Jungmin oppa, I never knew you were short tempered?” Al commented as she gave a quick smirk over Mal.


“Mianhe, Al. He’s only like this when it comes to Yun ah and his Kimmy.” Hyun joong hyung replied for him.


“Ya! As if you are not like that with your Gab.” Mal teased back.


“Yun ah!” Kyu jong yelled when her car can’t move pass the two cars that were grinding against her from both sides.


“Ya! Can’t you guys be quieter? I’m going to have a heart attack from all your yelling. I already have one when Yun unnie finally saw me here this morning.” Al complained as Mal and Kyu jong yelled again.


Yun’s POV


“You guys are getting on my nerves.” I muttered as I stepped on the brake causing the two to crash into each other while I drove to the right to avoid joining them.


“That’s my girl.” I heard my brother say proudly.


“I inherited some crazy genes.” I chuckled and sped up to catch my brother.


“Oppa, Unnie, stop with the crazy talk, you only have 1 minute left to finish the race. Pali you two have to win this.” I heard Al over the earpiece.


“Who’s talking crazy now? You’re still not off the hook for keeping this a secret for me you know. Didn’t I tell you to sell your computer skills to a big company?” I yelled over while smiling as I was now beside my brother, both of us blocking the other cars as we both compete with each other for the first place.


“Unnie!” Al whined over and I can hear the other guys yelling, especially Jungmin oppa.


“Ouch! What’s with all the yelling?” I chuckled as Ray and me was swapping positions from left to right to irritate the cars behind us.


“They are on their fan mode unnie. Jungmin oppa is too nervous to stay calm.” Al replied after another scream from Jungmin oppa.


“How many race do we have to win before the finals?” I asked suddenly as I remembered that school was just a month and a half away from now.


“This is the last, if you manage to win this like the three previous ones oppa and you are already qualified.” She replied as I just nodded and sped up faster.


Youngsaeng’s POV


We were outside the hospital’s operating room waiting for the doctor to come out. I was trying my best to be strong for Yun ah.


“Hey, baby, you need to eat something. Please. You didn’t eat since the race started this morning, it’s almost 8PM now.” I tried to make her eat after the guys failed in doing so.


“I’m not hungry, I need to know how Alice is.” She said, she wasn’t sobbing but tears were falling slowly down her cheeks.


“I’m sure they are doing everything they can. Please at least drink. It will warm you up.” I handed her a cup of warm chocolate drink, I held unto her hand as she drank it.


“Hyung, we’ll just go and fetch Kimmy, Gab, and Joelle. They are almost at the entrance now.” I heard Jugmin call.


“Go and fetch them. I’ll stay behind with Hyung.” Kyu jong answered for me and sat down in front of us, he was staring at the both of us. I knew what he was thinking; I was remembering the same thing.


Flashback

“Yeah baby!” I jumped for joy when we saw Ray hyung and Yun ah crossed the finish line. They won the first and second place.


“Kaja. Let’s go greet them.” Hyun joong called out but we were stopped by Ritz hyung.


“Reporters are everywhere suddenly, you don’t want to be seen right?” Ritz hyung said as he passed to us caps and asked us to put on our sunglasses.


“Something’s not right.” I heard Al muttered as she was looking at her computer that was zoomed in on Yun ah and her brother as they are approaching the tent.


“Al what’s wrong?” Kyu jong asked her. Both of us started to approach her when she suddenly ran out of the tent. 


“Andwae!” we ran outside before she shouted and before we heard a gunshot. 


“Al!” Hyung joon shouted as we saw her push aside Yun ah and covered Ray with her body as the gunshot rang. 


“Yun ah!” my mind searched for her, I saw her looking at Al but she didn’t say a word, nor did she moved from her place. I ran to her, covered her eyes and pulled her face unto my chest. Preventing her from seeing the scene as the guys gathered around Al, ritz and the others were running after the one who shot her, Ray hyung was trying to stop the bleeding coming from Al’s chest.


End of Flashback



“Hyung.” Kyu jong called out and pointed towards the doctor who just came out. We approached him immediately with Ritz and Carlos behind us, Ray hyung couldn’t come, as he has to keep a low profile.


“Doctor, how is my dongsaeng? How is she?” Yun ah asked the doctor, I was holding her hand still to prevent her from breaking down.


“Mianhe. We did everything we could. The bullet hit her vital part of the heart.” The doctor said slowly and excused himself with Ritz hyung to process Al’s papers and statement.


“Alice...” Yun ah whispered and my heart ached when I saw her eyes full of sadness but tears stopped from falling.


Yun’s POV


“Mianhe. We did everything we could. The bullet hit her vital part of the heart.” The doctor said slowly and excused himself with Ritz sunbae to process Al’s papers and statement.


“Alice...” I whispered as I tried to take in what the doctor just said.


“Unnie!” I heard my Joelle call out. Kimmy and Gab was beside me now as they asked how their Unnie was.


“Yun Unnie how’s my sister?”


“Yun Unnie, where’s Al unnie?”


“Unnie..”


I told the guys to wait for Ritz outside as I brought my dongsaengs into the operating room before I broke the news to them.


“Andwae. How...Ya! Alice! Didn’t I say to come back in one piece?!” Joelle shouted the moment we entered.


“Al unnie this isn’t funny. You promised to come back home and give us our presents right?” Gab was crying too as she was hugging Joelle.


“Unnie. We have been good; we even got straight A’s. Unnie we won’t study anymore. Come on wake up and scold us.” Kimmy was crying hard too, as I held on to her. I wanted to cry but suddenly my eyes were dry, I just stared at Alice.
“Alice...dongsaeng ah...Thanks you for being there for my brother all this time...I promise you your sacrifice won’t be in vain.” I whispered as I comforted the three, not allowing myself to breakdown. They needed me right now.


Kyu jong’s POV


“Kyu Jong, what happened?” Hyun joong hyung asked after the girls went inside the operating room. Youngsaeng hyung and me stared at each other, as if we couldn’t believe our what we heard.


“Kyu jong, Youngsaeng hyung.” Hyung joon called our names. I took a heavy breath and told them.


“Alice-sshi couldn’t make it.” I told them in a soft voice, trying to break the news to them in a level they could digest.


“This is too cruel. Waeyo.” Hyung joon cried out and Jungmin went beside him to comfort him. Hyun joong hyung went to us and asked how we were holding.


“I’ll be fine. I’m more worried about Yun ah and the girls.” I replied, Youngsaeng hyung was just staring at the operating room’s door.


--

“What do you mean one of her friends got killed?!” 


“I’m sorry Sir. We prioritized Ms. Min over her.” The man wearing a black suit apologized to his Master who was always wearing a blue themed suit or clothes.


“Add more men. I want her friends to not be included in this fight.” 


“Yes Sir. Right away.” The man bowed down to his Master.


“Oh! Bae Jin, contact Ray. I need to speak with him.”


“Yes Master Han.” Bae Jin bowed down again and went to do the tasks he was asked to do.

--


Joelle’s POV


“How are you holding out?” I asked Hyung joon, it had been a week since we buried my twin sister.


“I’m okay. Still a little shock from the events but I’m holding out fine. How about you?” he looked at me, worry was sketched on his face.


“I’ll be fine ah, my sister asked me to come home from Japan because she was afraid something like this would happen. She wanted me to be there for our two dongsaengs and for our Unnie.” I replied, recalling how Alice told me about her job and the current situation.


“If you need someone to share that burden, I’m just here.” I looked at him; I was touched by the sincerity in his eyes.


“Thanks. But aren’t you just a baby?” I .


“Ya! I’m being sincere here.” He protested, I bickered with him, it was more comfortable this way, and this was how we communicate.


Jungmin’s POV


“Kimmy ah, mianhe. Oppa has to send you girls away again. It’s not safe around us yet.” I apologized to her as we sent the girls to the airport, we were on the van since chaos would erupt the moment we step out.


“Kwenchana. At least now I know why. Take care of yourselves arasso?” she said to me while giving me a last hug before she went out.


“Hyung! If you don’t let go of Gab, Kimmy will leave her.” I teased the two as they were still talking.


“Oppa!” I heard Gab complained and the two of them bid their good bye’s to us, while Joelle was waiting for them outside with Hyung Joon.


“Jungmin ah, what are you thinking?” Kyu jong asked me the moment the van started; we were on our way back to DSP for a recording.


“Thinking about Yun ah.” I replied seriously. She was herself like always, and that was the scary part. It seems like the death of Alice didn’t happen.


“Ya! That’s our jon, go and think of someone else.” Kyu jong and youngsaeng complained.


“Ya! Can’t I think about her too?” I retorted and they just gave me a big No.


“Save your strength guys, after our recording, Ritz hyung told me that they are going to train us again with some martial arts.” Hyun joong hyung made us stopped bickering.


“Arasso. Let’s get that training started. I want to kick the of the one who got our dongsaeng to be hurt like this.” I muttered as I look out the window.


~~~~ ^^