Chapter 28

Confession

Chapter 28

Sometime ago.

2 months ago...


Part 1

Kyu jong’s POV



“Alright everyone its time for the dare in this lovely night of Valentine’s Day and the lucky number is seat number 585!”


“Oppa! It’s you.” I was startled when Haneul waved her hand in front me. I didn’t realize I was staring at her.


“Huh? What’s me?” I asked and I heard Junmin and Lee hyung snicker.


“You’re seat number got pick.” She calmly answered.


“What?!” I asked shocked just then the spotlight came to me because Jungmin and Hyung joon was waving their arms pointing me.


“All the ladies here are in luck since our lucky participant is such a dashing young man.” The Emcee called out as I reluctantly walked towards the stage and drew out a paper from the box one of them was holding.


“Sudden Serenade.” My mouth gaped open as I read the words on the paper and the Emcee announced it to the whole audience.


“Why is it always me.” I said to myself as I talk to the band behind me, they gave me three choices of what song to sing. I choose the second one. A song that I always here in the radio, Crush by some foreign singer named David Archuleta.


Haneul’s POV


I can feel that my face was so red already. Not only was Kyu jong oppa pointed to me as he was singing, but also the rest of the guys were teasing me the whole time, from when the song started, until to the chorus that sent the ladies shouting.


“Kyu jong! Fighting! Wooo!” Jungmin oppa was shouting as he was walking towards me. It was the last verse of the song but the audience was still getting excited.


“I knew coming to Kimmy and Gab’s school program was a bad idea.” I said to myself as the cheers got louder and louder.


Why do I keep running from the truth?
All I ever think about is you
You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized



My heart was beating rather fast as he stopped a few distance from me. I felt slight push and I was already standing up. His smile was trapping me in his trance.


Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it really just another crush?



I couldn’t speak nor move. I was just smiling as I drown into his eyes.


Kyu jong’s POV

Do you catch your breath?
When I look at you
Are you holding back?
Like the way I do...



I was just playing at first, but as I sang the lyrics I began to mean every word that comes out of my mouth. I just stood there a few distance away from Haneul. My eyes never breaking its contact with her.


But I know this crush ain't going away
Going away

Going away
Going away...



“Saranghae” I said as the last word faded away sending the crowd wild.


“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” the audience was chanting. I glared at the guys for starting that chant.


The guys jumped on their seats as I gave Haneul a quick kiss on the cheek. I quickly grabbed her to take a seat and sat next to her, looking away as I know my cheeks were burning red. I was fanning myself when the Emcee continued on the show.

Part 2

Hyun Joong’s POV



I was still chuckling hard after Kyu jong’s sudden seranade and seeing the two’s red faces.


“Ya! Be quiet. Gab’s part will be up next.” Joelle said to me as Lee hyung failed to keep me quiet.


“Ei, what’s this?” I asked when a soft violin music was starting to play and some narration accompanied it.


“Oppa, Gab is in the theater club, and today’s program is showcasing each club’s talents. They are going to perform one scene from a Broadway show.” Joelle explained again, she sure knows all her dongsaengs activities.


I was beginning to like how the song was going but my eyes widened when Gab entered. I thought she was playing the violin but it turns out she played the best friend of the lead lady in the Phantom of Opera’s Angel of music.


Christine, you must have been dreaming ... 
Stories like this can't come true...



Her voice might not be of those professional ones sopranos, but it was soft and calming. My eyes only followed her as she led the character Christine around the stage while singing.


Christine, you're talking in riddles ... 
And it's not like you ...Angel of Music! 
Guide and guardian! 
Grant to me your glory! 
Who is this angel?



For the first time, I saw her as a woman. Not a buddy, but as she was. A feminine girl whose smile was full of cheerfulness. The feeling was new but it wasn’t awkward at all, I liked the feeling.


“Ke Ke, someone seems to be struck by our dongsaengs acting.” I felt a hand squeeze my cheeks. I turned to my right and saw all of them giggling.


“Ya! I wasn’t.” I said.


“Good. Cause I’m not handing over my dongsaengs that easily. Even Hanuel unnie.” She said to me then she looked at Kyu jong. 


We all smiled and knew it was an empty threat. I just continued to look at the show, as the curtains were about to close. 


Gab’s POV


“Cuz! That was perfect, even our music teacher like the way you sang it.” Kimmy rushed towards me.


“Do you know how pressured I was?” I said in relief since I was at the backstage again.


“Ei, are they really here?” Kimmy whispered. I knew what she meant.


“De. I almost forgot my line when I saw them.” I whispered back and told her that they were seated at the middle front row, occupying the third line and their seating arrangement. Kyu oppa, Hanuel unnie, Jungmin oppa, Hyung joon oppa, Lee oppa, Youngsaeng oppa, Han oppa, Uno oppa, Jae unnie and Hyun joong oppa.


“Omo! Jungmin oppa is seated just in front of where I would dance.” Kimmy froze and I just laughed at her.


“Today I found a friend,
Who knew everything I felt...”


“She knew my every weakness,
And the problems I've been dealt...”


“She understood my wonders,
And listened to my dreams...”


“She listened to how I felt about life and love,
And knew what it all means...” we said our special message to each other. A message we came up and have been using it ever since we were 8.


“Thanks cuz!” Kimmy said as she relaxed and we both went to the dressing room to grab something to eat.


I just smiled at how I remembered the shock written on Hyun joong oppa’s face. It was what I wanted. That he would see that I am more than he sees me.

Part 3

Younsaeng's POV


I’ve tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete...



I felt each word stab me as I listened to the background music of the video trailer the film club was showing. I gave a heavy sigh. 10 months. It has been this long since I last saw her face. 


“We’ll find. I know she’s still there somewhere.” Han hyung said in a whisper to me as he patted my hand, a gesture to comfort me.


“Komawo hyung.” I said. 


Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It’s written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake...



Lee and Han hyung had been an added pillar when I felt weak. They were the support other than the guys and the girls. If it weren’t for all of them, I would have broke down and closed all my doors. 


Lee’s POV


I continued to watch the video. The members of this club used a good perspective as I can see. The music Incomplete by the BSB was a good match to the trailer that was cleanly made.


“Star to Melody...please don’t be alone.” I said to myself as I looked at the video showing a girl on the edge of a building, looking at the city lights of Seoul.


I don’t mean to drag it on, but I can’t seem to let you go
I don’t wanna make you face this world alone
I wanna let you go (alone)...



It was hard not to know how she is doing, but I know Youngsaeng who is sitting beside me is in more pain. I can’t blame my sister though; even I won’t let her go through the process of being the donor. She just has been like that always. Caring for both of us, standing up for us, loving us without limits. I knew for a fact that she loves Youngsaeng just as much, or even more, so there must be a reason why she left. A reason that I must find out.


Han’s POV

I’ve tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete...



I closed my eyes while listening to the music. It was nostalgic.


“Han oppa Happy Birthday!!” my little sister said with a big grin as she handed me a large cookie with a messy written Han on it.

“Komawo my little princess.” I said as I exaggerated my actions while eating it. I was just too happy, she was only 8 but her presents were almost the most sincere one.

“No problem Han” she said. I didn’t correct her this time for speaking in English since she made it with so much effort. I could see three band-aids on her hands when she handed it to me.

“Ei, my gift is more cool. It’s bigger.” Lee my younger brother said as he handed me a cookie bigger than Yun’s, it was larger than a plate.

“Should I be thankful?” I said to umma who was watching us with appa beside her. They just chuckled as the two was in a contest again.

“I love oppa thisss big.” Yun said making a big heart with her tiny hands.

“I love hyung wwaaayyyy bigger.” Lee said making a bigger heart with his hands.

“No! my love way mooorreee bigg.”

“Anni, this is biiiigggerrr.” The two kept on comparing as they made bigger heart gestures.

They were the precious jewels that I always have treasured. 



“Little princess, I know you are still out there. I can feel you.” I said to myself as the video ended and a band was next. 


Part 4

Joelle’s POV



Hyung joon oppa and I excused us from the group and went to the backstage after receiving a message from Gab that they are hungry and couldn’t find any snacks.


“Dongsaengs eat slowly, especially you Kimmy, you still have to dance as after the performer right now right?” I told them when we brought the snacks I had prepared in a small bag that Hyung joon was carrying. I knew they would become hungry sooner or later.


“Ke Ke. Cuz your stomach will bulge out if you eat too much.” Gab and I was just shaking my head as they begin their usual teasing. I took the bottles of flavored water and handed it to them before they choke.


Hyung joon’s POV

I've been searching for you
I heard a cry within my soul
I've never had a yearning quite like this before
Know that you are walking right through my door...



I was listening to the performer currently singing Lenny Kravitz “Again” as I leaned on a post and watch as Joelle taking care of the troublesome pair as they call them.


All of my life
Where have you been
I wonder if I'll ever see you again...



My heart was just beating too fast as I watched over her, it was like the song was the background music and we were the video.


A sacred gift of heaven
For better worse, wherever
And I would never let somebody break you down
Until you cried, never...



“Oppa let’s go, Kimmy will be up after a few minutes.” She walked towards me with that graceful smile.


“Joelle...” I said as I grabbed her hand before we got out of the backstage.


“Hmm?” she asked as she looked at me.


“Will you be the queen to this lonely king?” I asked her she looked shocked but she managed to smile.


“Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?” she asked in a playful manner.


“Er, yeah, if that’s alright.” I said shyness suddenly overcome the confidence I had earlier.


“Then its yes.” I wanted to jump but I controlled myself, we were in a public place and a school of all places.


All of my life
Where have you been
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we could win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again...



I hummed along the song as we walk back.


“I love you.” I whispered to her when we got back to our seat.


“I love you too.” She smiled back and whispered.


If the guys noticed anything different, I didn’t care. I was just too happy.


Part 5

Kimmy’s POV



“Cuz! Go and make Jungmin oppa drool.” Gab whispered to me as our cue was almost up.


“Cuz!” I whispered back and she just laughed and pushed me to the side of stage where I would enter. The first group was almost done. My partner and I have a minute solo in the dance since we were the one nominated by my fellow dancers in the dance club.


“Kimmy ah, you can do this. Breath.” I said to myself as the light went dim and I positioned myself to my spot quickly before the lights could go on again.


Jungmin’s POV


“Joelle ah, are you sure Kimmy is in the dance club?” I asked when the song was almost on the middle part and I still haven’t seen her.


“She’s next.” Was the only reply I got as the lights went dim. My eyes opened wide as Kimmy appeared.


The music Dead and Gone was fast and the storyline were pretty obvious. I gripped my armrest as the audience cheered whenever their bodies would be so close.


“Ke Ke someone is jealous...” Hyung joon said in a singing tone and I smacked his hand hard causing him to whine.


“Jungmin oppa, that’s just a dance. Don’t take it personal.” Haneul said. I sighed.


“It’s just a dance, no need to flirt like that.” I muttered to myself as I watched her dance with energy, her moves in sync with her dancing partner.


Joelle’s POV


Uno and I drove the girls back home after we had dinner after Kimmy and Gab’s school program. 


“Honey, just fetch me tomorrow arasso?” I said goodbye to Uno. Something was up and I was going to find out, so I asked my fiance to let me stay for the night at the girl’s house.


“Arasso. Don’t stay up too late.” He said and gave me a kiss before I sent him off.


“Alright, tell me what’s up you three. You are acting weird. I know for a fact that Kyu jong oppa and Haneul are dating.” I pointed to Haneul and cornered the three in Joelle’s bedroom.


“Er, Hyung joon oppa and me are already together.” Joelle said blushing making the three girls scream.


“I just knew it. Joelle did he force you? Tell me, I’ll kick his , oh my heart.” I acted and lay on the Haneul’s lap, one hand on my forehead dramatically.


“Unnie!” she said and we all laughed.


“You two, why are you laughing. Oh no! Don’t tell me...” I said as my eyes opened wide.


“Arasso. We won’t tell you.” Both of them said together and began to run.


“Arasso. Arasso. We’ll tell.” Gab said when I pinned her down the bed as Joelle did the same for Kimmy while Haneul locked the door.


“Gab first.” I said and I sat on her back so that she won’t escape.


“Aiiyyoo Unnie you’re heavy. Arasso. Hyun joong oppa asked me out on a formal date.” She said.


“And you?” Joelle asked Kimmy.


“Jungmin oppa also asked me out on a formal date.” She said and I screamed while we had a pillow fight.


“Aigggoo I think I’m becoming old.” I said as I lay on Kimmy’s back, making her as a makeshift bed.


“Joelle has a boyfriend, I’m getting married in a few months, and my troublesome pair are dating celebrities...” I left my sentence hanging as one girl was missing.


“Don’t worry, we’ll find her soon.” Joelle said and the three suddenly shrieked when their phones rang.


“Ya! No answering thee phone. Tell me everything.” I said and took all their phones answered them all by saying we are busy. And the girls gave each of their story as to how it happened. With Hyung joon asking out of the blue, to Hyun joon’s sudden attention to Gab, to Jungmin’s obviously jealousy and to Kyu jong’s sweet serenade to Haneul. They would shout, scream, and shriek in excitement as one tells her story.


“Aiggoo, I’ll be deaf soon.” I complained as they continued to shriek and jumped on the bed.


~~~

A/N: try watching this video to see why Jungmin got jealous...its the dance that Kimmy did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOCJcnVdmU&feature=related