Decision

The Fox Ninja

BOM'S POV

It's been awhile since I wrote in this journal. I was so busy practicing my ninjitsu. Ahjussi showed no mercy towards me.

I practiced day and night. I was now learning how to use guns and how to defend myself.

Everything went well, though. Everyone in school started to respect me and befriended me. I was now a senior. My graduation was just weeks away. I still didn't know which university I would enroll to. I surely didn't have money too. I was just a poor orphan. And I thought I should ask Ahjussi if Ninjas were allowed to go to college. Even though I saw no reason they couldn't go to ones, Being a ninja didn't mean being stupid academically, right?

..

 

Well, I decided, I would just focus to my ninja-ing for the time being and helped others after graduation. At least I could be a useful person.

 

I was enjoying the weekend with Dara in a cafe.

We talked about random things when she suddenly started to the topic of our futures.

"Bom a, Which university you gonna go?" Dara asked and sipped her choco latte.

"I still don't know. I haven't decided. Where are you going?" Well actually I had decided. I decided not to go to college. Of course I wouldn't tell her about that. She would seriously hit me million times and started her lecture about bright future lalalala.

"Me?? I'm going to Harvard to study English literature" Okay, I wanted to go there too, but I didn't have any money. I barely managed to pay my school tuition.

"Ah, really, congrats" I tried so hard not to sound bitter. But she was too happy to sense the bitterness in my voice.

"Aw, Bom. I'm so gonna miss you" She suddenly stopped sipping her choco latte and hugged me tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you too. Hope we won't lose contacts" I hugged her back, I felt her tears started to wet my shirt. I felt tears started to trickling down my face too. Ahjussi would be so freaked knowing this. He said ninjas shouldn't be cowards and cried. But well, crying for the right reason was acceptable, wasn't it?

"I know. I'll be back" I heard Dara said. I was too deep in thoughts to hear what did she say after that sentence.

I know you would be back So sorry I couldn't tell you about my big secret. I wasn't ready yet. I'll tell you someday.

I loosened the hug and wiped Dara's tears away. "Well, well. Today's the girls' night. We shouldn't cry. Let's just enjoy the night. You wouldn't be able to hang out with this awesome friend of yours after going to the prestigious Harvard" I treid to . She wiped her tears and laughed.

"Aigoo, Bommie. Still as dorky as you were. Okay, I wouldn't be a crybaby from now on, I heard there's a new store in Dongdaemun. Let's go there."

Yeah, smile like that, Dara. I smiled seeing her who was already jumping up and down and walked to the bus stop.

I quickly took my bag and followed her.

 

3days. 3days to my freedom. Graduation was in 3 days.

I was looking for the right clothes for graduation when my phone started ringing, I threw my clothes and ran to my phone. I knew it was Ahjussi, he didn't like to wait for long..

"Hello" I answered the phone weakly.

"What's with the weak voice? A ninja must be strong. Haikk" he shouted at me.

"HAIKKK" I quickly answered, half shouting. I just hoped someone next door didn't hear me.

"So, why are you calling, ahjussi?"

"I've got a mission for you!" WHAT??? YESSS!!!!!