Unexpected Choice

The Fox Ninja

NO ONE'S POV

One of the toilet door was locked. A girl with a nerdy style was there, crying. She was sobbing. She felt useless. She felt unwanted. Then suddenly someone knocked the door.

"Bom a, It's me"

She stopped sobbing and slowly opened the door.

"Don't cry. I'm sure they didn't really mean it. You are beautiful"

"I... I feel like I wanna jump off of a cliff. I want to end all of this" she said as she couldn't hold her tears and started sobbing again.

"What are you talking about? You can't think like that" Dara slowly patted her back. *It's not your fault, Bom a * she thought and sighed.

 

BOM'S POV

I felt useless. I felt ugly. Why did I look like these? i wasn't as pretty as Dara. She was everything boys wanted.

Me? I was fat, ugly, using braces. I hate myself. I wanted to go away from all of this.

 

NO ONE'S POV

Bom walked home alone while reading a book. It was a siilent evening when she heard a painful groan. She looked around and saw a man in his 30. He was lying near a trash can.

Blood everywhere around him. She dropped her text book, she was about to run away when she suddenly got the urge to help him. She slowly walked to the man.

"Ahjussi.. Ahjussi.. Are you okay?Ahjussi" She tried to wake him up, She looked around and realized they were all alone. She quickly called a taxi and took the man in.

 

"Ahjussi. just go straight and stop at house number 17." Bom said as she kept on trying to wake the man up.

The driver was a bit taken aback when he saw the man. He didn't say anything and quickly drove to Bom's house.

"Ahjussi, can you help me piggyback this man to my room?"

"S-sure."

They went to an empty room. Bom quickly took the blanket and a pillow. The driver laid the man down and straightened his back.

"Thank you, Ahjussi"

"You're welcome. Is he your dad?" 

"No, why?"

"I felt like I saw him somewhere before. Nevermind" he said as he headed to his car.

"Ah,okay. Thank you so much, Ahjussi" She handed the taxi fare and bowed. She quickly picked her first-aid kit and went to the room where the man was.

She opened the shirt and shocked. Bruises everywhere and he seemed like he got shot hundred times.

She found a katana, shot gun, shuriken, and a blade hidden in his shirt. She quickly took care of the bruises.

"Who is this man and what is he?" She murmured.

 

After she washed up, Bom went to the ahjussi's room and checked on him.

*He's better now* she left and went to the kitchen to make dinner. She looked at her TV and decided to turn it on.

"Today, "The Evil Fighter" took action again against a group of gangsters who were trying to a woman. The citizens was still confused of who this man could be. What's his motive?" The reporter was showing some of the evidences when Bom's attention was caught by a little miniature shaped like a sword.

 

She ran to the room and quickly took the man's katana. she turned to look at he unconscious man. "Ahjussi, you're the Evil Fighter" she said slowly. 

 

BOM'S POV

After eating dinner and checked on the man once again, I went to my room to study. I couldn't stay focus as I kept on thinking about the man in the room next to me, I was now under the same roof with a wanted person. I didn't even know whether he's a good man or not. Suddenly, I heard noises outside. I was so afraid. i quickly tip-toed to my door and peeped outside from the key hole. I lived alone,what if someone tried to kill me? What if the ahjussi was actually a gangster and killed me? I grabbed my umbrella and opened my door slowly. I couldn't help but sigh in relief when I realized it was just the man, who was trying so hard to walk as he kept on falling down..

"Ahjussi, you can't stand up.It will just hurt you more" the man just kept quiet and packed his bag.

"Ahjussi, what are you?" I tried to ask him. 

The man started looking for his shoes and headed to the front door.

This was a now or never chance, Park Bom. I took a deep sigh and ran to the man.

"I saw your katana, shuriken, I wanna be a ninja too,Ahjussi. Teach me"