The Changed Life

The Fox Ninja

BOM'S POV

"I wanna be a ninja too.Teach me."

The man suddenly stopped. I closed my eyes in fear, afraid he would suddenly throw a shuriken at me or something. A few secons passed and I felt nothing. I slowly opened my eyes. The man was looking at suspiciously.

"You are not a spy, aren't you?" Spy? What spy? The man saw my confusity, his suspicious expression was now changed with an underestimating expression. "Nevermind. I'm sure you're too weak and plain to be one.." Hey, I wasn't weak. i was about to protest when he quickly started talking again.

"Are you serious? Being a ninja means being alone. You can't fall in love. You must stay away from people. You saw me. I risked my life"

Okay, now it sounded creepy. I wavered a bit after imagining the unconscious man just now. The man was lucky I found him. what if I become one, I got hurt and no one helped me.

My thought lingered to the memories of my classmates who liked to bully me and underestimated me.

I could do it, I was more than sure now.

"Yes, I will do that"

"Are you sure? You won't be able to waver again after entering the ninja world"

"Yes. Yes for everything. Now can you please tea-"

The man suddenly disappeared.

"Ahjussi. Ahjussi. Where are you?"

Was I just dreaming? I was surely sleepwalking and delusioned about a man.

Suddenly a shuriken flew and landed only a few inches away from my head.

I looked at the man who was now sitting on my kitchen's cabinet in horror.

"Wh-what did you just do?"

"First, you must be fast. Speed is a very important aspect. You must have a great sense. Be fast"

I sighed in relief. "O-okay. but next time, please warn me, I beg you"

The man smiled at me, "I will introduce myself. I'm the Evil Fighter."

"Ehm, real name?" I asked.

"No need, Just call me Ahjussi like how you have called me for the past few hours."

"Ohhhkayy.."

 

It's been quite awhile since I first started learning ninjitsu. I went to school like usual. But it seemed like everyone noticed I've changed. I just realized my old choices of attires were horrible. So I modified all of them into a trendy ones. I cut my skirt, threw my glasses away and bought contact lenses.

dara seemed to notice too. She asked me a lot about what had gotten into me.

"Bom a, what happened to you? You changed. In a better way, of course" I almost spilled my secret when I remembered what Ahjussi said. No one, Absolutely no one, he said, could know that I learned ninjitsu. I trusted Dara of course. But I would just follow Ahjussi's words. He could just threw his shuriken at me and I would be dead.

 

-FLASHBACK-

"You now have mastered ninjitsu. You must remembered, your identity as a ninja must always stay hidden. Once your identity revealed, you will be in a big danger. There's a organization that hunt ninjas. They kill and hunt ninjas. We tried to destroy them, but they are better than us. As a ninja, even for once, you must risked your life, try to destroy them" 

I made a promise to myself that I would destroy them completely. I would destroy all of those who acts unfairly. But I didn't know that time, the most important people in my life was actually the one who ruined my life.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

"Oh well, i think it's just the right time for me to change. The whole new Park Bom."

I looked at Dara nervously. She was like a walking lie detector.

"Ahh, i see. It's good though, Bom" she smiled at me genuinely.

I sighed in relief. She believed it. I felt guilty, though. I never hid anything from her before.

"Yeah.." I smiled guiltily and ate my corn.