CHAPTER 8: FORGIVEN

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

~Ding, dong, ding, dong~

            The sound of the doorbell made Jessica wake up early in the morning. Still half asleep she did not bother to look who the person is and just opens the door. Jessica looks at him from his shoes until in his face with his sheepish eyes. She is really surprise that she have wide eyes when she realizes who it is.

Taecyeon: Jessica, before you say anything else please don’t shut the door. I’m sorry; I admit I forget about our outing. I went to a meeting and ate with Hye In that’s why I forgot about it. I’m really sorry. If you want, you can hit me.

            He ducked his head offering it to Jessica to hit it but she did not hit his head nor she shut the door instead she stamped her foot into his right foot making him shout in pain.

Taecyeon: Jessica-ssi. That’s really…ouch.

            But then he was taken aback when he saw her crying.

Jessica: Sunbae, how could you do that to me? Did…did you know you are the first guy that ask me out? You know…that I like you right? I know I don’t… have a chance but how could you forget about me?! 

Taecyeon: I’m really sorry. I’m really dumb and insensitive.

Jessica: This…this lollipop. It’s the same one that I gave to…you.

Taecyeon: Deh. I looked for it and bought the same one.

Jessica: I’m not a kid! You will not get me with lollipop.

 

            Even if she said that he will not get her with lollipop but in the end Jessica accepted the lollipop. They were sitting outside the apartment under a tree and Taecyeon is still asking for Jessica’s forgiveness.

Taecyeon: People make mistakes and I admit it’s really my fault. What do you want me to do? We can go out today if you want.

Jessica:  No. I already went out with my friend when you forgot about me.

Taecyeon: Friend? Is…it Donghae? (There’s a sudden change of his tone when he ask about him)

Jessica: Oh, deh! You know him?

Taecyeon: He did not tell you?

Jessica: About what? Are you friends with him too?

Taecyeon: …

Jessica: Ah, that guy is really mysterious I will be really surprise when the next thing I know he’s the son of the President.

Taecyeon: So…are you guys close? How is he?

Jessica: We’re not close. I have only one best friend and…you need to help her.

Taecyeon: Who? What do you want me to do?

Jessica: It’s just a simple thing but it’ll help her business.

            Can you order cakes and give it to our team, your friends and family? Her cake is really good but it’s not well known yet.

Taecyeon: If I do that will you forgive me?

Jessica: Yes, just promise me you’ll do it.

Taecyeon: Promise.

            Jessica and Taecyeon made a pinky swear to make it official. Then he pats her head like she’s really his little sister. While Jessica and Taecyeon are in good terms again Donghae who is watching with fiery eyes from a far can’t help himself but feel annoy. Because after all what happen Jessica forgave and forget all what happened last night just like that.  

            They went to Yuri's cake shop and there he saw her cakes. Then he ordered a lot of it just like what they agreed on. However what surprises Jessica is when he said that he will order 50 of it because it’s more than of what they talk about.

Taecyeon: Why are you looking at me like that?

Jessica: Th-that’s…a lot.

Taecyeon: I know. I’m a friendly person.

                  Yuri-ssi, can I get one for me now?

Yuri: Of course that’s not a problem.


 

[Practice Room]

            1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8! The dance instructor shouted as the Twins dances with the beat of their song. Since there are only a few days left for their comeback they are now practicing their songs and dance steps really hard. Also, all their schedules are occupied with guestings, variety shows appearances, shootings, promotions and performances in different parts of South Korea as well as in Japan and LA. It’s like pushing themselves more than their limits. However, what keeps them going is their families, fans and dreams that’s why they’re always doing their best in everything they do.

            They stop for a while to have a break. While Seohyun is drinking water Yoona is just staring at her cell phone. Seohyun poke her and offered her bottled water which Yoona took.

Seohyun: What’s the matter?

Yoona: Nothing.

Seohyun: You miss him?

Yoona: Why should I miss him?

Seohyun: You’re so obvious.

Manager Kang: Hey, girls! Good job today! President is very very satisfied with your practice performance. Well, he should be.

Seohyun: (Sigh) that’s good news.

Manager Kang: Oh, and look at this picture.

            He showed a stolen picture of Seohyun looking haggard and groggy after their practice to and also to lighten them up.

Manager Kang: (Laughs) we can use this in variety shows. (He teased)

Seohyun: Manager Kang! Why are you like this to me?

            Seohyun tried to get the phone from him and chases him around the practice room. While they are playing around like High School kids Yoona can’t help and smile as she remember the time when she and Taecyeon are still together and were like that.

 


 

[The Next Day]

 

Eunhyuk: What happened to you? Yesterday you are so happy and now you look so…depress.

Donghae: Nothing.

Eunhyuk: That’s why I know there’s something wrong. You keep on saying nothing.

            Donghae doesn’t look like he’s listening to him and just takes a glass of water and drinks it at once.

 Eunhyuk: Now you’re acting even weirder. I will not let you out of this apartment unless you tell me what the matter is.

Donghae: It’s Jessica! Because I don’t understand her! Did you believe that she forgave him right away?

Eunhyuk: It’s because she’s not like you.

            Why are you so affected, anyway? Do you like her?

Donghae: What?

Eunhyuk: Because you’re not acting like yourself and you only think about these past few days is her. You should go and talk to her. 

Donghae: Only because of that? I don’t think so. I’m not a shallow person.

Eunhyuk: That is your pride. Let’s see how long you can take it. Anyway, you know the feeling because it’s not your first time to fall in love.

Donghae: That’s why I’m telling you I’m not a shallow person because when I fell in love with my last relationship it took me time and almost a year. Not like this that I could just fall in love with just a short matter of time.

 


 

[Photo shoot]

 

Photographer: Look to the left! Nice! Another side! Now turn! Good!

            It’s a late evening photo shoot in the mall so to prevent any leakages and fan mobbing. The twins move from here to there with angelic smiles in their faces as the camera shots their every moves. While they are having the photo shoot Taecyeon and Jessica are watching them from the back of the Photographer. Taecyeon watches Yoona from his place with fascination in his eyes, he did not miss any of her moves and his eyes are just on her. Jessica notices on how he look at her like he never look at someone like that before, there is really something special to it so she suddenly felt like she shouldn’t be there.

Photographer: Okay! Break! Break!

Manager: Good job guys!

            He said as he handed bottled water for both of them. Yoona left them for a while and went over to Jessica.

Yoona: Your letter inspires me. So…I decided to give this to you.

            She handed to her their latest album and so Jessica got wide eyes and doesn’t know if she will accept it or not. So Yoona had to take her hand and put the album in to it.

Jessica: Yoona-sshi…

Yoona: Don’t call me that way anymore. Just Hye In or Yoona is fine.

Jessica: Y-yoon-a…

Yoona: There, much better. I hope you will get inspired more with our songs. Remember your parents who love you so much.

Taecyeon: Yo! You guys are close now?

Yoona: Deh. We’re friends now!

Jessica: Huh? A-are you s-sure?

Yoona: Why not? I think you’re a nice person.

Jessica: Ah, It’s just that…I’m not use to it.

Yoona:  You don’t want me to be your friend?

Jessica: No. It’s not like that.

Taecyeon: It’s because she’s famous for being Ice Princess.

Jessica: You know about it?

Taecyeon: I just heard it in the office. By the way Hye In her name is Jessica and she’s my dongsaeng.

Yoona: She’s a sister of…

Taecyeon: No.

Jessica: Who?

Taecyeon: Nothing.

            The Photographer called so Yoona have to leave first. The twins continued with their shoot while the two stayed with their usual place. While the two are talking about stuffs Yoona can’t help but look at them so the Photographer called her attention. After few more hours the photo shoot is finally over, they pack all their things and closed the Mall.

Taecyeon: Let me drive.

Manager: No need, I can do it.

Yoona: Yeah, he can do it. You should just give your dongsaeng a ride.

Jessica: Ah, No. no. My friend called me and said that she will fetch me…so…I’m okay.

Taecyeon: Are you sure?

Jessica: Yes. Just go and don’t worry about me.

            Taecyeon said his goodbye to her then he rides in the car van of the twins and left Jessica there. He sat at the driver sit and so Manager was suppose to sit next to him but he quickly goes at the back with Seohyun so Yoona don’t have a chance but to sit in front with Taecyeon. While driving Taecyeon notices that she is so quiet and looking outside thinking deeply.

Taecyeon: Why so quiet? I’m not use to not energetic Hye In.

Yoona: I’m tired. Don’t talk while driving.

Taecyeon: What did I do? Why do you sound so angry with me?

Yoona: I’m not.

            So he just keeps driving and when they got to their dorm’s parking lot Manager thank him and drag Seohyun immediately up in their dorm to give time for the two.

Taecyeon: Hye In-ssi. You said you’re tired right?

Yoona: Deh.

Taecyeon: Then close your eyes.

            She followed what he said and when she opened it again there’s a cake in front of her.

Taecyeon: This is a cake for energy.

Yoona: Where did you get this?

Taecyeon: I bought it in Jessica’s best friend’s cake shop.

Yoona: You two seem really close. You even called her “my dongsaeng”

            She said as she sat at the trunk of the van with Taecyeon.

Taecyeon: That’s because… she’s…wait…are you…jealous?

Yoona: Of course not! She’s my friend and…and your dongsaeng.

Taecyeon: Even if you said that you’re now friends it doesn’t mean you two have deep relationship already. Yes, she’s my dongsaeng but…

Yoona: Whatever. I said I’m not, so I’m not.

            Or do I? Of course I’m not! (She convinced herself)

Taecyeon: Okay…okay…you’re not. Got it. So you mean you don’t like this?

Yoona: Of course I like it! I need it.

            She said while imitating the famous comedian voice making Taecyeon laugh.

 


 

            However, instead of waiting there for Yuri she started to walk since the truth is no one will fetch her. She keeps on walking while thinking deeply. Jessica is not hoping anymore nor does she believe that there would be turn out of events but she just can’t help but feel hurt. Taecyeon is her first love and the first person that ever make her heart pound faster than a speeding bullet and also now her first heart break. Tears fall down in her eyes and she didn’t even mind the cold wind that is brushing in her skin because suddenly she felt so numb. She even got in her apartment building without noticing it.

            Slowly, she continues to walk when out of nowhere Donghae appeared in front of her making her almost jump in her place.

Jessica: Aigoo! Donghae, what are you doing?

Donghae: W-e ne…ed to…talk.

            He said it with clench teeth because he’s really cold. Jessica noticed it so she asked him to go inside in the apartment with her. She made a coffee and served it to him as they sat at the couch.

Jessica: So…what brought you here? Did you wait for me?

            She handed a cup of hot tea for him to help him warm.

Donghae: Why did you forgive him just like that?

Jessica: Taecyeon? It’s because…he apologized and admits his fault.

Donghae: Jessica-ah! He forgot about you and you waited for hours! I’m not asking you not to forgive him but it’s just…just….strange!

Jessica: Life is too short to hold grudges…if you will not forgive the people who ask for it…in the end you will end up alone.

            In that moment Donghae was caught off guard by her words again and he can’t help but remember his father that he kept on pushing away and now he is gone. It brought tears in his eyes as he think deeply on Jessica’s words.

Donghae: But what if something bad happened to you that night? What if I did not come? What if… 

Jessica: But you came, right? You came and turned my worst day in a better one. Maybe that’s also the reason why I easily forgave him…because you found me.

            He doesn’t know how to respond with that revelation but it made his sadness go away and he felt like his heart is going to burst with sweetness and it became a soft marshmallow that’s why the only thing he did that time is to give her a sweet smile. Jessica smiles back though she doesn’t understand why he suddenly acts that way.

Jessica: So…you mean you just…came here to say that?  By the way how did you know that he will not come?  Do you know him?

Donghae: … I just know it… (He looks away feeling uneasy)

Jessica: Thank you. (With pretty smile)

            You’re really a good person. That’s why a lot of girls are falling for you.  

Donghae: I know.  

Jessica: But I will never be one of them.  (She teased)

Donghae: What? Really? I don’t think so. Just admit that you’re also attracted to me.

Jessica: …

Donghae: Huh, you don’t believe me.

            Because she doesn’t believe in him Donghae have to show to her what he’s got. He put the cup in the table and moves closer to her until their faces are only few inches away from each other then he puts his arms on both sides so she will not be able to escape from him. Jessica can feel his breathing that smells coffee while Donghae can smell her cherry like perfume. She has wide eyes as she stares at him while he just stare at her directly.

Donghae: Are you still not attracted?

Jessica: Donghae-ah! What are you trying to do? Get off!

            But he did not even move from where he is so she had to push him away. Jessica still has wide eyes and still holding her breath as she watches Donghae got up and walk out of her apartment. Outside, Donghae hold his chest and felt his heart pounding so fast.

Donghae: Omo, I’ve never been so nervous like this before. Aish, she’s making me crazy!

 

❖❖❖❖

 

Thank you for reading my story and again I'm very sorry for the late update. I'll try to come up with you guys. ^^

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^_^ GOD BLESS YOU!! <3

 


 

Quote for today: