CHAPTER 17: EXPLOSION

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

BOOK 2

            The news about Jessica and Donghae quickly spread in the company they become the talk of the town. The girls got mad and irritated behind her back but act nice in front of her. So she walks fast trying to avoid their glare at her she’s about to get into the elevator when someone grabs her hand and pull her lightly inside. It’s Donghae and he’s smiling widely at her. The employees around them are looking puzzled but they started to talk behind them. However, they did not care and just held hand until they reach to his office.

Jessica: I’m sure they will all get annoy at me because of what you did.

Donghae: They’re just jealous, don’t mind them.  

            Taecyeon quickly went to his brother’s office after finding out about it and when he enters he saw how sweet they are. Jessica packed lunch for both of them with designs and a shape of heart at its center.

Jessica: Did you like it?

Donghae: (Smiling) Of course.

            The two are busy taking couple pictures with their foods when Taecyeon entered. They did not notice him so he clears his throat to get their attention.

Taecyeon: Aham! Aham!

Donghae: Hyung!

Taecyeon: What is that?

Donghae: She made this for me! (Showing it) Are you jealous?

Jessica: Donghae-ah, Ssh…

Taecyeon: I’m not! Why should I be?

Donghae: We’re together now!

            He proudly said it as he put his arm around her. He suddenly became hyper and is very happy to let the people know about them.

Donghae: Don’t be jealous. Look we have couple rings. We’re married now.

Jessica: Donghae! No. No. Don’t believe him…uh…it’s just a…we went to…s-someone invited…uh.

            Jessica tried to explain everything but she’s stuttering and cannot talk properly.  

Donghae: Hahaha! You’re so funny. You don’t have to explain.

Jessica: What? Aish! When did you become so cocky?

Taecyeon: Quiet!!!

            Everyone became silent and stared terrified at him. He looked at both of them seriously then he let out a sigh.

Taecyeon: I’m happy for both of you. Just promise me that you will never hurt each other. Jessica-ah, you know that I like you as a sister but…promise me that you will also take care of my brother because if not...I will become your enemy. (He teased)

Jessica: Deh. (Nod) 

Donghae: Don’t scare her like that! Of course she will take care of me.

Taecyeon: Good. Like I said, I don’t have to be jealous. You wanna know why?

Donghae: Why? Why? Why?

            Taecyeon takes out his phone and showed them his picture together with Hye In.

Donghae and Jessica: Ohh!!!

            They said in unison with wide eyes and mouth open while Taecyeon just shrug proudly at them.

           


 

Cafeteria

            Meanwhile, the colleagues of Jessica are really getting jealous of her that lead them to a plan against her.

Pil: We need to get rid of her. We need to stop the bias here in our team.

Seoni: Okay. Then what is our plan?

Gaeri: I have one. We just need to get her at the special room where the pictures for the exhibition are.

Pil: So…we just need to get her there then what?

Gaeri: The next morning they will just see that something is missing in the room. (He showed them one picture for the exhibit.

Min: Where did you get that?

Gaeri: That’s a secret. Are you going to help me?

            They all agreed to a common goal. So before the night comes they planned and accomplished everything.


 

            After going to his brother, Taecyeon went to his former school (Maksim) where he was invited to give a speech to inspire the students before they go on vacation. Again, many girls fell from him and also got inspired from his words. One of them is Moon Sae Ra a high school. She is famous because of having beauty and brains. However, she’s also spoiled brat that she will do everything just to get what she wants. Now she has her eyes on to Taecyeon.

Sae Ra: Taecyeon-oppa!

Taecyeon: (Smile) Hi, what is your name?

            He blushes as he really like being called “oppa” because he really wanted to have little sister and he can also say that Sae Ra is also cute.

Sae Ra: Moon Sae Ra. I really like what you said I will surely take it to my heart.

Taecyeon: That’s good.

            He patted her head that made her blush.

Sae Ra: Is it okay if I will visit you in your office sometimes?

Taecyeaon: Okay, no problem.

            Then after that he went back to his office as he still so many things to finish. Though Taecyeon is very busy with his work he still finds time to talk to Hye In. So he strictly instructed his secretary not to disturb him. He opened his phone and have a video call to her.

Taecyeon: Hello! (Smiling) How are you there? I miss you...

            Hye In is in New York right now for a performance in the Madison’s square garden together with the other artists of their company. However, they are still at the hotel while waiting for the time.

Hye In: It’s so good here! The city is really big and nice! We went shopping. But I also miss you...

Taecyeon: I’m sure you really liked it. I have news for you.

Hye In: What is it?

Taecyeon: Donghae and Jessica is now a couple.

Hye In: Really? Since when?

Taecyeon: Since they admitted that they love each other.

Hye In: I can’t believe it.

Taecyeon: Why? Are you still thinking that I like her?

Hye In: Aish, I’m not! It’s just because of their personality. Anyway, opposite attracts, right?

Taecyeon: Let’s not talk about those things.  So when are you coming back?

Hye In: Soon

Taecyeon: When? I cannot wait anymore.

Hye In: Why are you like that? You were able to wait for me for months.

Taecyeon: Its years, but it’s now different especially that we’re together again. I also want to always show how I love you.

Hye In: I know it’s hard but please understand it.

Taecyeon: Well, its fine, I understand. Just take care of yourself, okay?

Hye In: Deh, Please do take care of yourself too…

Taecyeon: Anyway, I heard that you’re making a drama with Jang Geun Suk. Is it really true?

Hye In: Yes.

Taecyeon: Can you…please tell your director not to have kissing scenes? It will really kill me if I see you kissing someonelse.

Hye In: It’s drama! So don’t be jealous. (She giggled)

Taecyeon: I’m not jealous! We’re a real couple he’s just your boyfriend in that drama.

Hye In: Don’t lie! Your ears are red again!

            She laughs as she watches his red ears while Teacyeon is really embarrass with his ears that don’t lie.

Taecyeon: I really hate these ears. Anyway, call me when you get back here, okay?

Hye In: Okay. Bye!

            They wave goodbye to each other then logged out.

 


 

~Mall Team Office~

            After finishing all they need to do, the four of them went back to the office and found that Jessica is working. She looks very inspired while doing the papers. They even saw a cup of coffee with drawing of a couple and at the bottom part are their names.

            Still angry of her they started their plan and because of having a kind heart Jessica got easily tricked.

Pil: Jessica, you have to check the pictures in the storage room. Tomorrow is the exhibit so we need to have everything ready.

Jessica: Just me?

Seoni: I want to help you but…I need to go home early.

Gaeri: My daughter wants to go to the playground.

Pil: I have a date.

Min: I’m going to meet my husband.

Jessica: Okay…I’ll do it.

 

            They left her and so she continues her work but after that Jessica went to the Mall to make sure that everything is fine. The Mall is already close so she used her key for the back door to get in. She checked the room and saw that one picture is missing. Jessica tried to look for it but it’s nowhere to be found. On her way out of the mall she notices something weird in the mirror. She looked closely and saw that someone other than her is there! She quickly hides while observing him. However, while she’s quietly watching him her phone suddenly rings. It’s Donghae calling and so she answered it while whispering.

Jessica: Hello? (whisper) I’m in the mall.

Donghae: What? Speak louder. Where are you? I’m in your office but you’re not here.

Jessica: I know. I’m coming just wait.

            Then she hangs up and turns off her phone but when she looks at the man again he’s already gone. Jessica looks around to find him when suddenly the man is already behind her.

Jessica: Aigoo!

Man: Who are you?

Jessica: I’m the one who should ask you that! I’m an employee of this company. How about you? I’m certain that you’re not the guard.

Man: (Laugh) Oh, I’m so lucky.

Jessica: Why are you laughing? What’s so funny?

Man: You’re the girl friend of Donghae, right?! He betrayed me and now I can get back at him!

            The man is none other than Kyu Chan. He did not use the money to start a new life but he continued what he wanted to do. Jessica is puzzled of what is his relationship to Donghae. But when she saw a red blinking behind them she started to feel tense because it’s not just an ordinary light but a time bomb.

Jessica: Who…who are you?

Kyu Chan: I was his friend but like his family he betrayed me! We planned for revenge but he backed out and left me!  Now he will pay for it!

Jessica: Why are you doing this? This mall is not just Donghae’s or his family but also the employees’.

Kyu Chan: They destroyed my family now they will finally pay for it!

Jessica: Why are you blaming them of what happened to your family?

Kyu Chan: The president fired me with no valid reason and now I lost everything!

Jessica: You’re still alive how could you say that you lost everything? Did you do anything to win your family back?

Kyu Chan: Of course I tried!

Jessica: But why didn’t you try harder?! Instead of doing these things why don’t you go back to your family and be with them?

Kyu Chan: Don’t dare talk to me like you understand everything!!

Jessica: I may not understand you but I know the feeling how to lose a parent!

            Her eyes get teary as she remember the feeling of losing one and at the same time upset on how Kyu Chan is wasting his life.

Jessica: You’re here thinking of revenge but your child is waiting for a father. My mom… was taken from us by a disease but you… you are still alive and yet you’re just wasting every moment of it.

Kyu Chan: (crying) But it’s already late.

            He said as he finally realizes everything that she said and how wrong he is. 

Jessica: It’s not late. You just need to turn that off and walk out of this mall.

Kyu Chan: I can’t…I don’t know how to turn that off. Just go and save yourself. Go now! There’s no much time left!

Jessica: Then let’s put it outside. I can’t just leave you here! Do you want your family to completely lose a father?! Let’s go!

            Kyu Chan agreed and they ran as fast as they could but like he said they don’t have much time left! The bomb explodes while they are running. The strong impact throws them away and the city awakens. Everything is a mess and the mall is really in a bad state. Fire trucks, police cars and an ambulance quickly arrive in the scene. They all did their responsibilities to stop the fire and see if anyone is inside the mall.

            In one side of the mall near the exit there is Jessica lying on the ground. She can only see smoke and fire around her. She looks everywhere to see if Kyu Chan is alive and so she felt relief when he helped her up. They went outside where there are not much people and police. As soon as they reached outside the mall he called for a nurse to help Jessica.

Kyu Chan: Hey! Excuse me, I found her there can you please take care of her?

            He said to a nurse and so she takes Jessica from Kyu Chan and leads her in the ambulance. When she looks back Kyu Chan is already gone.

 


 

           

            Donghae is still outside of the building waiting for Jessica. He goes jogging, singing, dancing, and playing games just to beat his boredom. He feels really tired so he sat down to take a rest when suddenly a huge blast and a tremble on the ground made him jump up. Donghae looks into its direction and saw that it’s near the mall. He immediately gets into his car and followed the thick smoke that’s going up in the sky. As he gets closer he can’t help but get anxious, he stopped his car because there are many people and police blocking the way. He walked through the crowd and can’t believe his eyes when he finally saw everything.

            The half side of the mall is completely ruined and the fire continues to kill it. He runs towards it to see if it’s really their mall. A police stopped him so Donghae grabs his collar.

Donghae: I’m the Director of this mall so don’t stop me! Who did this?!

Police: We’re still investigating it. We only found out that there was a bomb planted.

Donghae: A bomb? (He releases his collar) What else?

Police: Like I said, we’re still investigating it. You can ask the girl over there she was inside the mall.

            He looks to the ambulance and was even surprise to see Jessica there. So he runs towards her. Jessica is still on the state of shock that’s why her reactions are very blunt.

Donghae: Jessica-ah. Are you okay?

Jessica: Ah, you’re here.

Donghae: What are you waiting for?! Let’s take her to the hospital! (He said to the nurse)

Jessica: No. I’m fine. Just take me home. I need to rest.

Donghae: Okay. ..

            So he helped her to the car and takes Jessica to the apartment. While on the way Donghae is still worrying about her. She just stares blankly and not even moving.

Donghae: Jessica…Jessica!

Jessica: …

Donghae: Jessica!!

Jessica: Hmm?

Donghae: What are you doing in the mall? Did you see anyone there?

Jessica: Please… speak louder I cannot hear you well.

Donghae: What are you doing in the mall? Did you see anyone there? (He said a bit louder)

Jessica: Huh, ah…No. I was alone. And…I

Donghae: I’m sorry… I just got really worried. Don’t go to work tomorrow and just stay in your house. Take a rest.

            Jessica did not really understand what he said because her brain is still in shock of what happened so she just said goodbye to him. Her every step is weak but she still tries to act strong for Donghae until she reaches inside and there her head begin to spin. Everything around her went white then it just shuts down. She fell on the floor unconscious; unaware that her life is already change forever. 

 

❖❖❖❖

> Thank you for reading and commenting!!! <3

> How's the first chapter of Book 2???? Is it EXPLOSIVE??? keke~

> The new character is Sae Ra! What will be her part to TaecYoon??

> What do you think happened to Jessica?

 


GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!