CHAPTER 27: PRAY

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            The sun rises up giving hopes to everyone. The scandal that happened yesterday passes by like a wind and new challenges comes.

[Hospital]

            Mr. Han brought the two to the hospital. Even with their unconscious body and mind their cold hands are together holding each other. But when the doctors quickly attended their needs, they separated them and put them in different rooms. Then they stated that it’s an emergency situation.

            After a few minutes Eunhyuk, Taecyeon, Ji Won and the President also came.

President: Appa, how did this happen?

Mr. Han: I don’t know. I didn’t mean it. Believe me.

            He said looking so confounded and guilty of what he did.

Taecyeon: How is Donghae? Is he going to be okay?

Mr. Han: I don’t know! The doctors took them right away.

           

            And so they cannot do anything but just wait for the results. After a while, Yuri together with Mr. Jung also came to the hospital. As soon as he saw Mr. Han he runs and angrily takes a grip of his collar.

Mr. Jung: What did you do to my daughter?! Didn’t she suffer enough? Why do you have to do this? Huh?!

            He cried and fell down to his knees. Yuri helped and leads him out to comfort him. While the others stayed in the hospital.  It’s already passed midnight when the doctors came out of the room.

Yuri: Doctor, how is Jessica?

Doctor1: We checked both of them and they are not in good state. I’m sorry but both are suffering from severe hypothermia.

Eunhyuk: What do you mean?

Doctor2: They have very low temperature and that is…that is…life threatening. You better prepare yourselves, we cannot assure you of anything but we will do our best to save them.

Mr. Han: Don’t worry about the payments, just save them.

Mr. Jung: I’m…I’m her father if you need something from my body; I’ll give it to her. Save my daughter. Please. Please.

Doctor2: Sir, to tell you honestly I think what we need now is to pray and ask for a bit of miracle to save them.

Taecyeon: Can we see them?

Doctor1: I’ll arrange the room for the ICU unit and we’ll just give you a call.

            Then they left the family only with that devastated news.

 


 

             Their clock ticks back in time. Going back in the park answering the questions: What if Mr. Han did not took Donghae? What if they met at the park? What should have happened?

            Donghae stepped out while looking at the first snow happily. Then slowly he walks towards Jessica and surprises her from the back. When she realizes who it is she beams a sweet smile and then quickly cuddles him. He got stun and left frozen in his place of her sudden moves. Then she looks up onto him to read his lips but seeing her face that close makes his feet weak and heart thump.

Donghae: Yah, w-why are you s-suddenly like this?

Jessica: Nothing.

Donghae: If you’re still thinking about the scandal then stop. They’re just exaggerating everything. Just believe in me.

Jessica: No. I’m not thinking about it. I was so cold waiting here that’s why and... I really miss you.

            She said cutely which melt his heart so he also hug her back tightly to help her warm.

Donghae: Aigoo, I never thought that my Jessi is this sweet.

Jessica: Why?

Donghae: Because your glare can really kill.

            Jessica let go of him then pinches his nose turning it to red.

Donghae: I really hate the violent Sica. I want the cute and sweet Sica back!

Jessica: Really? You like this Jessica? Donghae-jagiya? Jagiya? Jagiya?

            Just her sweet cute voice can already shoot his heart melodically. He cannot take his eyes off her and it also urges him to cuddle her again and swaying her like a kid.

Donghae: Aigoo, how did you turn me out like this?

Jessica: No…How did you turn me out like this?

            She said ashamed of what she just did but since Donghae liked it she did not mind it anymore.

Jessica: I wish we can stay like this forever.

Donghae: I cannot promise that but my love for you will always be like this until the end.

Jessica: Me too…

Donghae: Anyway, our time is ticking. Let’s go now and have some fun! 

            Jessica immediately agreed with him so they went out on couple of date that night. They first went to see a movie that they did not even finish then to a small food stand where they ate ramyun and samgyeopsal. But it did not end there as they went to watch a small concert of an indi band. After that they bought foods from the night market which they ate while walking at the side  of the Han River. Bright smiles are shown in their faces and it was really a fun night for them as they did not plan any of it.

Jessica: You made me really happy.

Donghae: Then we should let the world know about it. I’m very happy!!!!!!!

            He shouted to the river making other people to stare at them but he did not care and continue to shout it out again. Then he reaches for Jessica’s hand and raises it up in the air.

Donghae: Manse! Manse! Manse!

            When she saw Donghae, it gives her a fuel to follow him. So Jessica also shouted while not minding their audience who thinks that they are crazy.

Jessica: I’m very happy because of Donghae-ah!!!!!

Donghae: I love you Jessica!!!!!!

Jessica: I love you too!!!!!!

            The cold air is coming out of their mouths after shouting it. But then Donghae took it to another level. A level that put his right knee on the ground. Jessica suddenly got nervous with thoughts that he is going to propose to her. But he did not talk anymore and let his phone do it for him. It is a video clip which he made a few days after they got back together, only showing that he really prepared for it. There is a subtitle for it to help her in understanding it easily. Donghae appeared in the screen and greeted her brightly.

Donghae: I am going to show you 5 things that you need to know.

            The first scene is shown that Donghae is in an alley. It looks familiar to her but she cannot say where she last saw the place.

Donghae: This place is not familiar to you right? But I always remember it. You once saved my life from gangsters. With your high pitch dolphin scream you were able to make them run for their lives. You were the first one to found me.

            As she listens to it, Jessica tried to recall everything and then remember that high school student who did not even fought the goons so she stepped up to save him. After realizing it she turned her head to him with wide eyes and Donghae replied with a nod gesturing that it was really him.

            The next scene in the video is in the coffee shop where he accidentally took her phone.

Donghae: This was when fate started to meet us up. The lady keeps on calling your name but your gaze is on the Twin’s Generation’s bus. You have this cold aura with you but I don’t understand that despite of it you really caught my eyes and then I accidentally brought your phone with me.

            The second clip ended and the third one is in his room with the life size picture of Taecyeon in his side.

Dongahe: I…I really need to admit this. I was really, really jealous of your relationship with Taecyeon-hyung. That’s why I sometimes think that the two of you look good together.

            Jessica smirk and mouth “I know”. She giggles.

            Donghae shot her a glare then told her to focus on the video. So another fact is presented to her. This time he is in an unfamiliar house.

Donghae: Do you know that this is my dream house? I used to go here and always wish that I am going to buy this just for myself. But I never thought that I will want to share it to the special person to me, my other half and that is…you.

            The video ended and so he also stands up. It left Jessica puzzled because she thought that it is 5 things.      

Jessica: You said 5 things. What is the 5th one? And what are you talking about the house? I cannot…

Donghae: Shh…I know you would say these things. Just stay and watch me.

            Donghae take a step backward and put on a good pose. He started swaying his body then he moves to dance. Jessica got really surprise and even doubted that it’s really her boyfriend because he really dances well. He even got an audience that stops and watches him. Then he also started singing for her. The tune and lyrics is from the song “Marry You-Bruno Mars” but with his own rendition of it.

It’s a beautiful night.

I’m looking for something special to do.

Hey, Jessi, I really like to marry you!

This is my cute eyes (doing puppy eyes) and my dance for you!

Ooh, Jessi I really want to marry you!

Just say I do! Oo-oh!

Tell me right now! Baby! Tell me right now baby! Baby!

It’s a beautiful night.

I’m looking for something special to do.

Hey, Jessi, I really love to marry you!

            Panting Donghae once again kneel down but this time with the magical box in his hand. He opened it and the beautiful ring is shown. Unlike other girls who scream and cry, Jessica left frozen and unspoken in her place. So Donghae thought it’s a “no” but he took courage to ask her again.

Donghae: Jessica-ssi, will you marry me?

            Still in shock, Jessica nod lightly and the moment she did it Donghae got so excited. With his shakey hands he puts on the ring on her finger then quickly rises and lifts her up!

Donghae: Assa! She said yes!!! Jessica-ssi!

Jessica: Aigoo, yah, put me down. This is so embarrassing.

            Though uncomfortable, Jessica is also in high spirits and spazzing inside. The man that she protected but almost got lost forever is with her again and the crazy thing is she’s now engaged to him.

            However, these moments are now only part of the dream that should have been happened. Things that is so pure, sweet and full of happiness but was turned into a tragic cold night.

 

 


 

            While waiting for the call, the family of Donghae and Jessica goes separately and prayed for one purpose. They repented, cried, and ask God sincerely for His grace. They all put their faiths to The One who is capable of saving them now.

            When they are finally transferred to the ICU unit their families was given a time to spend their last moment with them.

            Mr. Jung first entered the room of Jessica and there he saw her only daughter who is pale as snow. Though it’s difficult he held back his tears to show her that he is there to make her strong. He reaches for her cold hand and lightly brushes it with his warm hands.

Mr. Jung: Jessica-ssi…My daughter… be strong, okay? Appa and Yuri, are here so don’t leave us. We still… need to make happy memories… So be strong, be strong.

            Though he knows that her daughter will not hear it, Mr. Jung still wants to assure her that they are here for her.

*********

            On the other room, it is Taecyeon who came first to visit Donghae. He looks away and controlled his tears when he saw his brother lying there almost lifeless.

Taecyeon: Yah, Donghae-ah! What are you trying to prove now, huh? Don’t scare us like this… Wake up! Jessica needs you…we…we need you back. Don’t follow Dad yet!

            After talking to his younger brother Taecyeon went outside to breathe some air. He wanted to cry and shout all of his anguish but all is left is the cold air that is coming out of his mouth. He takes a deep sigh and gaze at the bare road. Just like what he feels that time, the road is empty and cold. Then a shadow caught his eyes, it’s so familiar with him that he immediately run towards when he saw her walking in freezing night. 

Taecyeon: Hye In-ah?! Hye-In-ah!

            He called and when he reaches her he gave her his coat afraid that she will suffer the same faith with Jessica and Donghae.

Taecyeon: What are you doing here? It’s very cold!

            He brushes his hands on her arms then quickly gave her a hug.

Hye In: Why are you acting like that? I’m fine.

Taecyeon: Let’s go inside.

            They went inside and stayed on the stairs where there not much people.

Taecyeon: How did you get here? I thought you’re in Europe.

Hye In: Ji Won-unni arranged everything for me but why you don’t seem happy to see me.

Taecyeon: It’s not it; of course I’m really glad to have you here with me.

            He paused and slightly smiles then he continued.

Taecyeon: But you know what happened to Donghae and Jessica. It’s dangerous outside.

Hye In: Fine, I get it. So…how is he?

Taecyeon: Still the same and in every second we’re losing him.

Hye In: He can do it! Donghae is a brave man!

Taecyeon: Yes he is.

            He muttered and as Hye In stare at him she can see how hurt Taecyeon but is also trying to hide it.

Hye In: Taecyeon-ah, use my shoulder. Go.

Taecyeon: I’m not sleepy.

Hye In: Aish, cry! I know you wanted and needed it so just do it.

Taecyeon: I’m not!

Hye In: Stop fighting it and let it out! He’s your brother and I can see how you love him so much. Just cry…

            Taecyeon looks away and stared out for a moment then slowly he puts his head on her shoulder. Then tears started flowing in his eyes and the next thing is he began sobbing like a child. Hye In can also feel how hurt he is that it also made her shed tears. But she stayed strong and gives him a hug.

Hye In: Taecyeon-ah, do you feel better now?

            He faces her and nod.

Taecyeon: Deh. I’m really thankful that you are here.

Hye In: Of course, I’ll be there for my boyfriend.

            Then Taecyeon hugged her again.

Hye In: Yah! I thought you’re okay now. Let go.

Taecyeon: No. This is for missing you so much.

            They stayed like that until a panting Eunhyuk came in with a news.

Eunhyuk: Let’s go.

            Eunhyuk has this face that shows that Taecyeon needs to prepare himself. He looks at Hye In with fear in his eyes so she stands up first and offered her hands.

Hye In: We will do this together.

             Taecyeon takes her hand and together they went to Donghae’s room to face the inevitable result of life. 

 

~~~~~~~~~

            Jessica slowly opens her eyes. She looks around and found out that she’s in the middle of nowhere. The place is cold though and it’s snowing really hard but Jessica is wondering why she isn’t feeling anything. She started to walk and called for someone’s help, she waited there but the place is empty. She’s like in a universe that’s nowhere to be found. Until suddenly she heard a familiar voice calling her name. With anticipation she looks back and there she saw Donghae.

Jessica: Donghae-ah!

Donghae: Yah! What are you doing here?

Jessica: What about you? You’re not supposed to be here. 

Donghae: Neither do you.  Why did you keep on waiting? Huh? You should’ve left!

Jessica: We promised to fight together. How can I leave you then?

            It left him silence but the small light that is flickering not too far worries him again.

Donghae: Jessica-ssi before we separate ways can you call me oppa?

Jessica: Separate? Why? Where will you go? Are you going to leave me?

Donghae: Call me oppa. Just do it.  

Jessica:  Donghae-oppa! Oppa! Now answer me! You’re making me nervous.

Donghae: You should go quickly. You don’t have much time left. You’ll be alright now.

Jessica: I will not leave without you. I’ll stay here.

Donghae: No! Why can’t you understand, huh? Go! GO!

Jessica: If I go now what will happen to our promise? No… I will not leave you, never again.

            She cried then takes his hand, he resisted but Jessica kept her grip strong and did not let him go until the light slowly consumed them.

          Smiles can finally seen in their eyes as they face new chapters of their lives.

The END_

TO GOD ALL THE GLORY!!! 

❖❖❖❖

>I'll have to end it here since I'll be busy for the next couple of days or months. I don't want to keep you guys hanging so I decided to cut it here. It's upto you what kind of ending do you want. I'll leave it all to you, readers ^^

but I'm thinking of an alternate ending though...

>Thank you for all my subscribers! Thank you for the comments--it really keeps me going. I really really appreciate everyone of you guys...Thank you sososo much! 

>If you still have comments, suggestions or anything feel free to write it down ^^

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! <3

Til' Next Time!