CHAPTER 21: CONFRONTATIONS

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

             The Twins Generation are now focusing more with their solo projects and shows. While Yoona is busy with her drama with Jang Geun Seuk called Love Rain; Seohyun is now preparing for her solo album. She often spend time practicing and learning guitar with Manager Kang as her mentor. While they are studying Manager Kang received a call from the company so he excused himself then he went to talk to Yoona on the phone.

Manager Kang: Yoona, you have a sceduled dinner with a fan tonight.

Yoona: Tonight? But I have shooting.

Manager Kang: It’s until 6 pm, right?

Yoona: Deh. But …

            She wanted to reschedule it since she is supposed to meet with Taecyeon)

Manager Kang: It will not take long besides she’s just a high school fan. So… is it okay?

Yoona: As if I have another choice.

            So Yoona had to cancel her date with Taecyeon and after her shooting with her drama she went alone using her car to the restaurant.

 

[Restaurant]

 

            Sae Ra called her excitingly acting like she really is a fan of Twins Generation. She even bought an album just to show it off to her.

Sae Ra: Aah! Yoona-unni! Finally!

Yoona: I’m happy to meet you too. You look so cute

Sae Ra: Thank you. This is like a dream come true for me.

            They both smile then Sae Ra ordered a food for them and while eating Sae Ra keeps on observing her things. She’s definitely right about the bracelet and now the necklace. Everything is a match so and it makes her piss off that someone is stealing Taecyeon from her. As she cannot take it anymore she stopped from eating and begins her confrontation with Yoona.

Sae Ra: Your necklace looks good on you. Who gave it to you?

Yoona: Ah…ah fan.

Sae Ra: Man or Woman?

Yoona: Man. Haha, let’s just talk about something else.

Sae Ra: Why? Are you ashamed of him?

Yoona: Of course not. I just want to talk more things about you. So how’s school?

Sae Ra: It’s vacation.

Yoona: Ah, yeh I forgot. How about your favorite celebrity?

Sae Ra: Only you because I know you’re honest and true. I don’t really like others because they like keeping secrets from us. (She said in sarcastic way)

Yoona: Ah, maybe because it’s their privatel life and maybe…they don’t also want to hurt the fans.

Sae Ra: They are jut selfish, that’s all. They want everything. Lifestyle, fame, and love.

Yoona: … (gulps and drinks water)

Sae Ra: I’m just really curious where he bought the necklace because I also want to give it to the guy that I like.

Yoona: You’re still young. You should think of studying first.

Sae Ra: He inspires me but then I found out that he likes someone else. He even bought gifts for her. Bracelet, pendant and a shirt. I really hate it.

            That’s when Yoona started to feel suspicious of her that she’s really pointing out on something. However, she still keeps it cool and goes along with her.

Yoona: What do you mean?

Sae Ra: Do you still want to act? I can really say now that you’re a good actress, Im Hye In.

            Yoona got surprised to find out that someone is possibly knows about her relationship with Taecyeon. It made her nervous but she kept her composure.

Sae Ra: I know your relationship with Taecyeon-oppa. 

            And just when Sae Ra thought Yoona will deny it again she unexpectedly turns the tables. Yoona takes a small bite of a chocolate cake showing that she’s calm with it.

Yoona: Deh, he is my long time boyfriend and I’m sure he already knew me before he met you.

Sae Ra: Do you think a girl like you can really make Taecyeon-oppa happy?

Yoona: (Laughs) you really don’t know about us high schooler. Just go back and search for another puppy love.

Sae Ra: It might be a puppy love but can you go out and date with him in public? You really don’t know what he likes. He can’t even talk about you or introdude you with his friends. Do you think this kind of relationship will last? Huh.

Yoona: What do you know about love? Do you think doing this will make him love you? You’re the one who is acting selfish now.

Sae Ra: I’m doing this to save him from you. Besides even if I’m just a high school many boys are going after me because of my cute and youthful appearance.

            Then Sae Ra opened the door from their private room and walks out like a model making the heads of the guests turn to her but that didn’t make Yoona knocked down.

Yoona: Huh, she’s really a kid.

            Even if she’s annoyed with her she cannot just let her get away with it. So she takes out her cap showing a beautiful hair then her coat revealing a cute pink dress then she walks out the room. Sae Ra is wide-eyed when she saw her and the guests are all surprise that they stopped and just looked on her way. Then suddenly there is already a commotion in the restaurant wanting to take her picture. Sae Ra is really pissed off as she was like toss here and there by the crowd.

 

  


 

            On the other hand, in three months, Jessica really tried to be happy even if she’s far away from the people she loves. She was able to quickly adapt with her condition. Even though she is still learning on how to do sign language, Jessica is now good in reading lips. She’s still practicing it but she can handle conversation in a normal pace.

            She’s also getting close with her classmates and teachers in her school which she did not experience during her school days. Maybe it’s because they’re all in a same situation and they all understand each other more. Actually after her class today her teacher promised to give her ride to Seoul since she once said that she really miss the place. Her teacher’s name is Dong Wook and he is like a flower boy in school. Eventhough he’s already in his 30’s the students are still falling for him because of his looks and kind attitude. And so just like what he promised he gave Jessica a ride to Seoul that took them about 3 hours.

 

[Cake Shop]

            Yuri is working in her office when suddenly she heard a familiar voice called her. When she turned to look at her Jessica is already running towards to give her a hug. They gave each other a warm hug and they are both teary eyes. Because this is the first longest time that they haven’t seen each other.  Then they both sat down still happy to meet again.

Yuri: How are you? I really miss you. Oh, wait…sorry. I forgot. (She apologized when she remembered that she cannot hear anymore.)

Jessica: It’s okay. Just speak a bit slow. I’m practicing reading lips and expressions.

Yuri: Really?! Wow, you’re like superhero now, neh?

            They both laugh and they continue their conversation. They are so into their conversation that they did not even notice the time passes by. It’s already late when Jessica realizes that she has to go now. They hug and bid their goodbyes. Yuri is just accompanying her out of the shop when a visitor came in.

Hara: Who is the owner of this shop?

Yuri: I am. Why?

Hara: I will go straight to the point. I want you to stop seeing my fiancé.

Yuri: I don’t know who are you talking about and if he really goes here can you tell him that I already have a boyfriend.

Hara: Huh. I saw you talking to Donghae! He is my fiancé so stay away from him!

Taeyang: Oh…Donghae. He’s not her boyfriend, I am and I also know that guy.

Hara: So he really goes here.

Jessica: Did you say…D-Donghae? He…is your fiancé?

Hara: Deh.

            Hara looks at her and is thinking that her face is familiar then she recalls that Jessica is the girl who is with Donghae in the picture that is desplayed in his office.

Hara: Wait. I know you. You’re his ex-girlfriend, right?

Yuri: Why do you care? Get out now!

Hara: I will go now but I warn you don’t ever come between me and my Donghae. But since I’m a good girl I will give you an invitation for our engagement party.

            Handed it to Jessica then she went out of the cake shop. Jessica stares at their perfect happy picture with tears. Her hands are trembling until it became weak and she dropped it. So Yuri crampled and throw it away.

Jessica: This what I want, right? I want him to have a better life but why am I hurting like this? I should be happy and smiling for him not crying.

             


 

            Yoona was able to get out from the crowd and is on her way to her shooting but while driving she can’t help but think of what Sae Ra told her. She is aware of Taecyeon’s sacrifices and they already talk about it many times but he will just respond that it’s nothing with him. However, Yoona can also feel what his heart really wants. She was thinking deeply that she did not even notice that she drove the wrong way and went to Taecyeon’s apartment. She just stayed there ignoring the calls from her manager. She hit her head lightly to the wheel, frustrated. Taecyeon then came and notice her car so he went over and called her. Yoona turned her crying face to him and so he got really worried. Yoona stepped out wiping her tears away. 

Taecyeon: Did anything bad happen? Who did this to you?

Hye In: It’s you! Why don’t you just tell me what really is in you heart, huh?

Taecyeon: I don’t understand it.

Hye In: I talked to…your admirer, Sae Ra. She told me about what you really want. Things that you cannot tell me.

Taecyeon: That girl! Ish! Did she hurt you? Don’t worry I’m really going to talk to her.

Hye In: I don’t care about her! What hurt me the most is you not being honest with me.

Taecyeon: Me? How?

Hye In: Tell me truthfully. Do you want to go out and watch movies? Do you want to have a date in public? Do you want to introduce me to your friends?

Taecyeon: Yes I do…that is normal. (He shrugged)

Hye In: Then why don’t you just say it to me?!

Taecyeon: I want all of it but I know that we cannot do that now. It’s not the right time yet.

Hye In: I know how long you have waited for me and... I also want to make you happy.

Taecyeon: It’s you. You make me happy. I don’t care where we go, in public or just in a secret place as long as you are with me I’m fine.

Hye In: But how long…how long will you have to do this because of me?

            Taecyeon then wipe her tears and gave her a hug.

Taecyeon: You’ve also been a lot because of me so please don’t ever blame yourself. It hurt me to see you like this.  

            Their relationship is once again tested and they proved that they are strong but little do they know that a bigger one will come again on their way as they did not notice that someone is taking pictures of them.

 

 


 

 

Mr. Han’s Office

Donghae: What is this engagement about?!

            He asked angrily to Mr. Han who planned all of it secretly from him.

Mr. Han: I’m just helping you to move on. You should be thanking me.

Donghae: Huh. I don’t need help and I don’t have any plans to forget Jessica.

Mr. Han: Then I’ll tell you a reason to forget her. She left you for money. I offered her some and she accepted it.

Donghae: Why did you do that?!

Mr. Han: I tested her and she’s just like any other girl who will do anything for money. She didn’t love you.

Donghae: No! You really don’t know anything. Again, I will not forget her and marry Hara.

            Donghae said firmly then left the room

 

*************************

 

            Right after Jessica left the shop Yuri gave Donghae a call.

Yuri: Yah! How could you do this to my best friend? After what I told you now you are going to get marry?

Donghae: It’s just a misunderstanding. But…how did you learn about that?

Yuri: You’re fiancé. She went here and told us about it. If you still love Jessica go now and explain everything to her.

Donghae: What do you mean? She was there?

            But then Yuri already hangs up on her phone. So Donghae decided right away to go to Busan and just canceled all of his appointments. The determination in his eyes is fiery as he looked at their couple rings. He takes a grip on it as he decided to finally face her. Donghae took a private flight to be able to get there as soon as possible.  

            When he got to the address he saw Mr. Jung who just got back from work. Donghae rushes over and called him. Mr. Jung faces Donghae smiling but it quickly fade away when he saw him. He already knows what he wants and can feel that he will not leave until he found out about it. So Mr. Jung let him inside their house. 

Mr. Jung: You shouldn’t be here.

Donghae: Sir, I know I was the reason why Jessica is suffering now but…

            Mr. Jung look up straight at him surprised to hear that he already knows of Jessica’s situation.

Mr. Jung: How did you?

Donghae: I begged Yuri to tell me everything.

Mr. Jung: Well, we cannot hide forever… Donghae, I have a reason why I took her away. Don’t think of me as a bad father.

Donghae: Then let me help her…Please believe me, I really love your daughter. I will do all my might to protect her. (Tears formed in his eyes)

 


           

            While on their way back to Busan Dong Wook notice how Jessica became gloomy. Though she doesn’t often smiles he felt that she is still different from before. She is quieter and just staring at the red shoes she’s wearing which Donghae gave to her. So when they finally got back to Busan Dong Wook ask her about what happened back in Seoul.

Dong Wook: What happened? You look sad. Just for tonight can you please see me as your friend and not your teacher?  (Sign Language)

Jessica: What will you do if you lost the one that you love? Are you going to fight for the person or you will just let go?

Dong Wook: It depends if the person still loves me. It shouldn’t be one-sided. (Sign Language)

Jessica: You’re right. Thank you.

Dong Wook: No problem.

            Jessica waited for him to go first and when he finally does she takes a walk to think of things. The thought of losing him completely is haunting her again. But after all that she did to him she knows that he deserves to be happy and just forget about her. However, it’s the pain of seeing him with another woman is what hurting her the most.

            While her mind is still preoccupied of him, little did she knows that the man that’s in her mind the whole day is just behind watching her walk and every move. Donghae has been following her with a sorrow heart as he sees her being hurt because of him. As he watches every tear fall from her it create a wound inside him. He keeps on asking himself on how naïve he is.  

            When she got back to her senses she realizes that it’s getting late and so she decided to go back home. That’s only when she notices a shadow on the ground that is behind her. When she finally turns around to see who it is Jessica got stunned and left frozen in her place. There is complete silence and no one dared to talk. Donghae takes the courage and takes a step towards her but then she takes step away from him. Jessica wanted to run but she cannot find any strength left from her feet.

Donghae: How…are you?

            She read in his lips and his question is very clear to her. Then she composes herself while thinking that she needs to act well.

Jessica: I’m doing well. How about you? I heard about your engagement.

Donghae: Is she just pretending or she’s not really deaf.

            Even if it’s already obvious and Yuri already told her about her condition Donghae is still on denial and processing everything. He still thinks that Jessica is the same healthy girl before. To make sure of it he turns around and answered her.

Donghae: How will I marry her if I’m still inlove with you?

            Jessica look from behind trying to see what he said and even how many times she wanted to pretend, her heart cannot hide what she truly feels.

Jessica: Donghae-ah… You just don’t know how I really miss your voice. This hurt me even more.

W-why don’t you say it…in front of me? Are you afraid to admit it?

            Tears started to stream in his face after finally confirming her condition. The pain of realizing that everything is real is pinching him again. He faces her still crying.

Donghae: No! I’m not marrying her! (He typed in his phone and showed to her)

Jessica: Why….why are you doing that?

            Donghae is so frustrated that he did not type again and just shouted what his heart is saying.

Donghae: How long are you going to pretend, huh? Why do I have to learn about it from Yuri?

Jessica: What are… you s-saying? I don’t know… about it.

Donghae: Jessica! I’m tired of people protecting me so just be honest.

Jessica: …

Donghae: This is my entire fault. He did it because of me. I’m sorry…you’re the one who is suffering for what I’ve done. Please…forgive me…

Jessica: Fault? Stop… it’s not your fault. This is the reason why I don’t want to tell you. Because… I don’t want to see you like this, blaming yourself.

Donghae: Then…let me share with your pain. You’ve been through these without me it’s time for you to let go and let me be the one to protect you…

Jessica: Donghae-ssi…

            Both have tears running down in their faces as they finally let out what their hearts has been keeping. Donghae looks deeply in her eyes then held of her hands close to him.

Donghae: Hold on to me this time… Let’s do this together, okay?

Jessica: …

Donghae: Jessica…please…

            His eyes are pleading telling her to go back with him. His intense gaze is like compelling and is slowly taking her. So Jessica did not hesitate anymore and decided to stop his sorrows.

Jessica: Deh… I will not …give up on us again.

            Right after hearing it, a bright smile lits up on Donghae’s face then he quickly pulls out her ring from his pocket and once more he put it on her. Jessica stare on to it happily and with determination that she will not let go of it again.

            The next day Jessica woke up with this beautiful dream that Donghae is holding her hands. She sits up thinking if what happened last night is also a part of the dream.

Jessica: Is it only a dream?

 

 

❖❖❖❖

>Ayo! Thank you to everyone! Your comments keep me from continuing writing this fic. Sorry for another cliff hanger...

>What is the best confrontation? Saera x Yoona? Hara x Yuri and Jessica? Donghae x Jessica? Which one? 

>Any suggestions??? 

 


GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! 

credit:bibleverse|tumblr