CHAPTER 4: A MOMENT LIKE THIS

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

            Once again Taecyeon gathered his team for a short meeting.

Taecyeon: I have a very good announcement for everyone. I already have a schedule meeting for Twins Generation later.

Pil: Oh, really?

Taecyeon: However, it’s not yet the formal meeting. It’s just for initial.

Gaeri: But still that’s good news right?

            Gaeri and Pil are so excited to hear the news because they are also a fan of the band.

Seoni: It means you are the only one who will meet them for initial?

Taecyeon: Nope. I need Jessica to be with me.

            Even though she’s been dreaming and hoping to meet Yoona sooner however she did not expect that it’ll be today that’s why she’s really surprise to hear her name.

Jessica: M-me? But w-hy?

Taecyeon: Why not? This is your idea right? So you need to be there.

Pil: It means we will just wait?

Taecyeon: Yes, you guys will stay here and do your jobs but don’t worry because it’s okay with me if you will go home early.

Min: Sir, I just wanna ask, this initial meeting doesn’t mean they are going to sign our contract, right?

Taecyeon: Yes. But let’s hope that they will.

            After their meeting Taecyeon went to his office and meet with Ji Won.

 


                                                                                     [Taecyeon’s Office]

 

Taecyeon: Noona, this is it. There’s no turning back. Wish me luck.

Ji Won: Don’t worry, I know Hye In. She’s not rude.

Taecyeon: (Deep sigh) yeah, you’re right.

Ji Won: Well, did you do what I asked you to?

Taecyeon: She should be here by now.

            Just when he said it, his secretary told him that Jessica is there. He told her to let Jessica in so she walks in his office.

Ji Won: Oh, so you’re the lollipop girl?

            They waited for her answer but she did not answer and or even look at them. She’s just looking down and looks like she’s spacing out. Taecyeon duck his head to meet her eyes and it took her a few seconds to realize that his face is only few inches away from her that she could practically feel his breathing from his nose. Jessica is startled after realizing it and she took a step backward.

Ji Won: Oh, cute.

Taecyeon: I told you, her hobby is spacing out.

Jessica: (Clueless) ah, w-what?

            Ji Won stood up and pinch the cheeks of Jessica lightly.

Ji Won: I said you’re cute.

            She’s the fourth person to say that to her and she did not expect that it’ll come from Taecyeon’s older sister. The first two people that told her that she is cute are her parents and the second person is Yuri when she once scared Jessica and for her Jessica’s face looks cute when scared.

Jessica: (Shy) Thank you.

Taecyeon: Did you write your fan letter to Hye…I mean Yoona?

Jessica: Yeh. But…do I…really have to go there with you? Is it okay if Seoni or Min will just go there and not me?

Taecyeon: Why?

Jessica: It’s just that…I think they are more experienced in doing this.

Ji Won: You are just going to meet them. Like friends meeting after a very long time. Right, Taecyeon?

            She looked at his brother teasingly and Taecyeon gave her a glare.

Taecyeon: Jessica, you have to be there, besides you’re a big fan of Twins Generation. You are thinking too much about this. Go home and I’ll just meet you at the event later.

            And so Jessica went out of the his office

Ji Won: Now I know why there are rumors about you and her. You’re too kind to her.

Taecyeon: I’m a gentleman, you know that.

Ji Won: I know. But the way you act towards her is different from the others.

Taecyeon: Noona, Don’t give colors to it.

 


 

            Today, Twins Generation is having their shoot for their special comeback stage in a music station. Lucky fans were invited to watch them perform live and also to cheer for them. For the past months they are very busy promoting overseas that’s why everyone’s anticipating for their comeback because it’s almost 1 year now since their last TV appearance. Twins Generation can be say that they are the top group of their company that’s why they are being taken care very well. However, they don’t only have fans but also haters and cameras behind them for that reason they really need to take care of their image and actions.

            All cameras are all set, the PD is now serious and the fans are quiet trying to hold their excitement. The lights went on, showing the pictures of Yoona and Seohyun. The fans screamed at the top of their lungs and shouted their fan chant. Then the two came out with a very special entrance wherein they were like magically appeared in the stage. They first sang their single which is an upbeat song. Everyone was having fun and feeling the beat of the song. Even the staffs at the backstage are enjoying watching their stage presence and their performance. After the almost four minute song the twins goes backstage to their dressing room and quickly changes their outfits for their second and last song.  

                        On the other hand outside the building Taecyeon was waiting for Jessica. She’s not late but he just came early. He has cold hands and walks back and forth trying to ease his nervousness. When Jessica finally arrives they did not waste time and quickly went inside. Since there’s already a lot of fans inside, they don’t have a choice but just take the empty seats. Jessica took the first spot that they saw while Taecyeon took an empty spot that is a few seats away from her. Everyone was talking about the first performance that’s why they found out that the TG is now for their last song. This time when they came out the lights are all white with flowers everywhere. Both the twins are wearing a white dress and look stunningly. Their song is ballad that’s why the fans are quiet and just listening to them.

            Jessica was star struck when she saw her favorite band especially when her bias Yoona looking in their place.

Jessica: She’s really pretty. Is she even human?

            But even if she’s stunned with Yoona’s beauty she can’t help but glance with Taecyeon. Jessica looked at him and was surprise to see that his eyes are fixed on Yoona. But what really caught her is that it’s like his eyes are speaking, it is full of emotions that it became teary while he is staring at her.

Taecyeon: I’ve been waiting for this moment. You look so perfect, Hye In. So perfect that I feel guilty and abhorrence to myself for hurting you.

    His hearts beat fast and he felt the same feeling that he had years ago when he decided to break her heart. However as he look at her Taecyeon realizes that Yoona’s life now is perfect and she is now living her dream to be a star. It’s been a long time since he saw her smile like that and he don’t want to ruin it again that maybe she’s better off without him. So he decided to just forget about his plans and just let her go.

            When the song finishes everyone clap their hands and the twins bowed with respect to their fans with full smiles in their faces. Then again they went back to their dressing rooms. A guy is waiting in front of their dressing room with a flower covering his face. The twins look at the face behind the flowers curioursly and in Yoona’s surprise she saw an old friend of hers.

Yoona: Donghae-ah! (Surprise)

Donghae: (Chuckle) long time no see.

            He handed the flowers to both of them and Donghae gave a hug to Yoona. They became friends after Taecyeon introduces her as his girlfriend. Even if Donghae and Taecyeon don’t get along well Yoona is an exception. When they first had their conversation years ago they click right away after that they became better friends.

Yoona: What happened to you? You disappeared.

Donghae: Well, yeah. Kinda. How are you and Taecyeon?

Yoona: (Her smile fades away) Have you taken your dinner? If you haven’t you can come with us.

Donghae: No, thanks. I just dropped by to wish you the best for your comeback.

Yoona: Really? Thank you so much. Oh! Wait.

            She goes inside the dressing room and when she came back she gave him an album as well as a calling card. 

 

Yoona: You’re the first person to receive that so take care of it, okay? And here’s my number call me and tell me how’s our album.

Donghae: I will listen and call if I’m not busy, you know. (He teased)

Yoona: (Punches his arm) yah! Even just one song. Listen to it please.  

Donghae: Okay. I understand.

 


 

            The fans started to go out of the building after the performance to see the twins for the last time. Jessica followed Taecyeon outside the building thinking that they will meet the twins outside too. However when he called for a taxi she suddenly run beside him and ask what his plans are.

Jessica: Sunbae, why are you calling for a taxi?

Taecyeon: We will go home now.

Jessica: Why? We haven’t talked with the twins.

Taecyeon: We will not. This project is cancelled. Let’s just invite other group.

            The taxi arrived but for Jessica she thinks that there’s something wrong with him that’s why she blocked his way.

Taecyeon: Jessica, what are you doing? (He said in a firm tone)

Jessica: (gulps) Sir, you can’t just back out from this.

Taecyeon: What? Are you ordering me now?

Jessica: Ah, eh…not really but…we need them for the Mall. Please think about it.

Taecyeon: We will just invite other group. Now, move out.

            He reached for the door but Jessica did not let her in.

Taecyeon: Jessica! I said move away!

Jessica: Sunbae, I’m sorry. I know you’re an anti fan of the TG but please don’t be this cruel to them. You don’t know what they’ve been through to get in this position. I’m sure if you know them well you will also love them.

Taecyeon: I’m not an anti…

Jessica: Please, don’t hate them. Don’t you know that they work until their bones aches? They also co-write their own songs and it’s even Yoona who wrote their ballad song a while ago.

Taecyeon: The song a while ago?

Jessica: Yes, I talked to a fan and their manager told them that she wrote that.

            Taecyeon was a bit surprise to hear it because somewhere in the song she mentioned that she wanted to go back in time, a time where she felt the warm ocean breeze. So suddenly Taecyeon felt a hope that maybe, just maybe Hye In has still a feelings for him, even if it’s only just a small part of her heart he thinks that it’s still a chance for him to prove himself to her. He turns around and walks back to the building while Jessica happily followed behind.

 


 

[In front of dressing room]

Taecyeon: We’re here.

Jessica: I’m happy that…

Taecyeon: You go in first.

Jessica: Huh? You’re not going with me? Sunbae, I can’t do this alone.

Taecyeon: You can do it. I’ll follow you don’t worry.

            So he pushed Jessica to go inside the dressing room. When she came in she saw the Twins sitting and is busy with their phones. She has wide eyes and frozen in her place, she wanted to say a word or call their names but she can’t do it. Their manager notices her so he called the attention of the twins and asks Jessica to go closer to them. Shyly Jessica walks towards to them with her heart beating fast.

Manager: Where is your boss?

            She first met the Manager who looks the same age of the Twins. He is good looking as well. Then she met the twins Seohyun and Yoona who are looking so beautiful even with their casual clothes. 

 

 

Jessica: Ah…eh…he’s o-outside.

Seohyun: Unni, don’t be nervous.

Jessica: Ah. Yeh.  Thank you. By the way I am Jung Jessica.

            Then she took the letter from her bag and handed it to Yoona and Seohyun.

Jessica: I know you guys are very busy but please if you have spare time, read it. I’m really, really a fan.

Manager: Excuse me but are you a fan or an employee from HDY?

Yoona: H-HDY?

Jessica: Yes, Yoona-ssi I want to…I mean we’re here to say that we’re interested to get Twin’s Generation as our model for our Mall.

Manager: Oh, Seohyun someone wants to talk to you. Let’s go.

            The Manager gave her a look and even if Seohyun doesn’t want to follow him, she doesn’t have any choice but to go. Yoona got suspicious by their actions but she’s still not aware that Taecyeon is outside.

Manager: And also you Jessica may I borrow you for just a moment? Let’s talk.

Jessica: But…

            The manager did not wait for her answer and just drag her out of the room. When they got outside the dressing room, it’s when Taecyeon walks in inside. Yoona is looking at the mirror when the man she erased in her whole life appeared in front of her again. To make sure that he is real she turns around to see him clearly. At that time everything went slow, she feels suffocated that she can barely breathe, it’s like the air in the room is not enough for her.

            Taecyeon waited for this moment for years to see her face to face, to talk with her and fix things between them. Though he knows that it’ll not be easy for him however he did not expect that it’ll be this difficult. To see the person that you broke into pieces is like looking in yourself with all your sins written in your face. He has a lot of things to say to her. So much that he doesn’t know where to start that it left him speechless in his place.

Yoona: What are…you doing here? (She said as she looked away from him)

Taecyeon: Ah…I’m her Team Leader but… I really…came here to…

Yoona: Did you plan this?

Taecyeon: Y-yes.

Yoona: I’m not going to sign the contract. I don’t want to be associated with you again.

            She stood up and walks away but Taecyeon catches her wrist. 

Taecyeon: Hye In-ah...

            It’s been a while since someone called her in that name and with that same tone of voice. So when she heard his voice her eyes are swiftly filled with tears.

Taecyeon: Can’t we just talk? I need to say a lot of things to you.

            She turns her head to Dong Won meeting eye to eye with him.

Yoona: About what?

Taecyeon: About the…the…project…and about…us.

Yoona: Us? What us? Do you have amnesia? We’re not together anymore.  

             Go now…just like what you did before.      

            However Taecyeon stand still in his place either he releases her. So Yoona made the move, she takes her hand back and is the first one to walk away.

 


 

                     Since the building is big Jessica decided to stay at the balcony and there she saw a

familiar face.

Jessica: Oh, Donghae-ah!

Donghae: You? Wh-what are you doing here?

Jessica: I’m working.

Donghae: You’re working here now?

Jessica: No. I’m here because of work. What about you?

Donghae: I visited a friend.

Jessica: Ah…

Donghae: What kind of job that you also need to go to a music program?

Jessica: It’s because we want to invite Twins Generation to be our endorser.

Donghae: Why do you have to invite? I’m sure you’ll get them without a sweat.

Jessica: I hope so.

Donghae: I’m sure Yoona will not think twice to help him.

Jessica: What? Who?

Donghae: Her boyfriend. You don’t know?

              I see, they’re really going to hide it in the public.

Jessica: Who?

Donghae: Aish! Your boss and Yoona have a relationship.

Jessica: What? R-relationship?

 

Donghae: Deh.

Jessica: B-but that…can’t be…he told us that he broke up with his first love.

Donghae: H-he said that?

Jessica: How did you know about this? You’re…just joking right?

Donghae: I’m not. Yoona is my friend. But…are you sure…they broke up?

            Jessica nods as she walks away broken hearted of what she heard.

 


 

[Dressing Room]

Manager: How’s it? Did you talk to her?

Taecyeon: Yes, thank you for your help. But…I think this cannot be fixed. I hurt her so much.

Seohyun: Good thing you know that. After what you did to her.

Manager: Yah! You don’t know anything so just be quiet.

            Manager knows a lot about the two since he’s also a classmate of Hye In and a close friend of hers.

Manager: I’m going to give you until tomorrow night. Just promise me you will not hurt her…

Seohyun: Manager, what do you mean?

Taecyeon: Are you sure it’s okay?

Manager: Go now, before I change my mind. Go!

            Taecyeon quickly runs out of the room and goes straight to the parking lot. He looked for her and saw that Yoona is riding in their SUV. He goes over her and stopped Yoona.

Taecyeon: Hye In. We need to talk…

Yoona: What’s wrong with you? I told you to go now. Leave me alone.

Taecyeon: Come with me calmly or…

Yoona: Or what? Aish! You’re still the same beast looking coward guy I know!

            Taecyeon don’t have a choice so he took a bottle in his pocket and sprayed it into her face. He always carries that spray for self defense to make people sleep but he never thought that he’s going to use it with Hye In. So in just seconds Hye In lose her consciousness and fell in his firm arms.

 

 

Thank you so much for reading!!!

Sorry if I just updated now...

What do you think of this chapter? 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^_^

 


 

Quote for today:

"Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know"

~Jeremiah 33:3~

GOD BLESS YOU!