CHAPTER 24: STRONGER

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            Today is the anniversary of the company and even if the President, is in other country for business matters Ji Won still arranged a party in their new hotel. She’s busy preparing everything when she received a call from Donghae wanting to talk to her. So she drove back to the company and meets him at her office.

Ji Won: What is this emergency that you’re talking about?

Donghae: Ah, it’s not really an emergency.

Ji Won: Then what is it?

Donghae: I need you to do something.

            He handed a folder to her and so she read it.

Ji Won: You want me to transfer your team members to a lower department? Why?

Donghae: …

Ji Won: Donghae, I cannot do this without a valid reason. Tell me.

Donghae: I’m doing this for Jessica.

Ji Won: Wait. Are you two together again? I heard from grandpa she’s a gold digger.

Donghae: Yes we got back together. And No, she’s not like that. Grandpa just wants to show it like that.

Ji Won: Why would he do that?

Donghae: You know him. He wants me to marry Hara.

Ji Won: Okay, but why do you want me to transfer them.

Donghae: I promised Jessica that I will not tell anyone about her…condition but if this is the only way to help her, I will do it.

Ji Won: Yah, stop the drama. Tell me! You’re making me nervous.

Donghae: She…lost her sense of hearing. It’s all because of them who wanted to get rid of her.

Ji Won: Wait. She’s deaf? They were the cause? I don’t understand.

Donghae: They tricked her and wanted to blame her for a missing picture. But…they did not expect the bombing. However, she will not be like this if they did not sent her there! I really wanted to fire them but I know Jessica will not like it if she finds out.

Ji Won: Poor Jessica…

Donghae: Noona, please think about it.

            After their conversation Ji Won called his team right away and just like what Donghae asked she transferred them to different lower departments.

 

 


 

 

Twin’s Generation Apartment

 

            Yoona is alone in their apartmen but she can’t stay in one place. She keeps on pacing back and forth while holding her phone. She’s been thinking of giving Taecyeon a call but a fear of him not answering it is what stopping her. So she just sits on the couch feeling helpless and while staring down blankly suddenly a picture of them together smiling appeared on her mind. It made her smile and also feels sad.

Yoona: What am I doing now?! I should get him back!

            Feeling restored she stands up and quickly gave him a call but before she even press it her phone rings.

Yoona: Hello? President?

CEO: We need to talk. Let’s meet at the restaurant down here.

            So Yoona quickly went to the said restaurant. The restaurant is empty however what surprises her is it’s not the president whom she met but instead it’s Sae Ra.

Sae Ra: Long time no see. Miss me? I told the President that I need to talk to you so he left.

Yoona: Huh, you really like to play around with the money of your parents.

Sae Ra: No. He called me and asked me to stop.

Yoona: Stop of what?

Sae Ra: You mean you were really not sure I was the one who sent the pictures?   

Yoona: How dare you?

Sae Ra: I knew you’re weak. I heard that you broke up with him. I’m very happy for you. You finally have the freedom that you want.

Yoona: No, I realize I was wrong and I’m going to get him back.

Sae Ra: You really think I’ll give him to you that easily?

Yoona: What? You really don’t know your place, don’t you?

Sae Ra: What I only know is I belong to him.

Yoona: That’s what you think. But he could only be happy to me. WE belong to each other and a person like you will never break us up!

            Sae Ra got pissed off and gave Yoona a slap but she catches it and throws her hand away.

Yoona: Huh, and you really don’t know how to respect.

            However, their conversation is cut when a phone rings. They both look at it anticipating with a same person. But then it is Sae Ra’s phone and in Yoona surprised its Taecyeon calling. Sae Ra braggly showed her phone to Yoona and she even puts it in speaker so that she will hear their conversation.

Taecyeon: Where are you? We need to talk. (He said coldly)

Sae Ra: Oppa! I miss you!  I haven’t taken my lunch yet. Let’s eat together.

Taecyeon: Whatever you want. Let’s meet at the restaurant near Maksim University.

            Then he hangs up.

Sae Ra: Oh, I’m sorry Yoona-unni. I have to go now. You heard him we need to talk.

            Sae Ra walks out leaving Yoona behind. But even if Taecyeon’s voice is very clear she still doesn’t believe that he will ask her out only few days after their break up. So to make everything clear for her, Yoona followed Sae Ra but Sae Ra is also aware of it and is not scared to show her that it’s really Taecyeon. She arrived at the restaurant minutes earlier than him. Yoona quietly takes a sit in one corner and when he finally came she stands up wanting to go and take him away.

            But then Sae Ra runs over and gave him a hug. She even takes his hand and leads him to their table. Yoona saw all of it and all she can do that time is to turn her back and run away as fast as she can with tears on her eyes. She is confused, hurt and lost. Her heart is like being nailed when she saw Taecyeon so near yet so far from her.     

            Meanwhile after Taecyeon sat down he quickly takes his hand back.

Sae Ra: Oppa, what do you want to eat? You lost a lot of weight. Are you okay?

Taecyeon: Did you send the pictures?

Sae Ra: What? What pictures?

Taecyeon: You’re the only one who could do that. Answer me honestly!

Sae Ra: So what if I really sent it? She was the one who broke up with you not me!

Taecyeon: That’s true but I already told you not to hurt her! I want you to stay away from me. (He stands up)

Sae Ra: I will not let you walk away from me! Oppa, I love you! I don’t care if you think of me as a bad girl. (She cried)

            The customers look at them and they are all glaring at him.

Taecyeon: Huh, you will not trick me this time.

Sae Ra: Why can’t you love me? She already left you!

Taecyeon: Because no matter what happens I still love her.

            He said it firmly and walks away from her. 

Sae Ra: You will regret this oppa!

           


 

[Hara’s House]

 

            The invitation for the party arrived at her cute, pink, and white house. She opened it and in just one call her secretary quickly gets her new dresses for her to fit. While she’s fitting them Hara ask the secretary about Jessica.

Hara: So did you find any interesting thing?

Secretary: She’s unemployed and attending a school.

Hara: A school? She’s still a student?

Secretary: She’s handicap.

Hara: What do you mean?

Secretary: The school is for mute and deaf. When we ask her records they told us that she’s deaf.  

Hara: Really? Donghae is dating a girl like her? What future will she give to him? I can’t believe this. I want you to make sure that she’ll attend the party. I will show her what Donghae really needs.

 


 

            On the other hand since Donghae is already done with his presentation for his next project he decided to visit Jessica. He waited until she finishes her class. Jessica smiles when she saw him. She’s about to walk towards her when one of her classmates who is a young man walk towards and gave a letter to her.

Jessica: What is this? (Sign Language)

Man: Please read it and accept my love. (Sign Language)

Jessica: I’m too old for you just find another one.

Man: Then I will prove to you that age doesn’t matter.

            When Donghae saw that the young man is giving letter to his Jessica, he quickly went over them. They are in the middle of their conversation when he butts in. He takes her hand while showing a smug.

Jessica: He is my boyfriend.

            The young man is very heart broken so Jessica stopped him and pinch his nose.

Jessica: You are cute and kind I’m sure you will find a better girl.

            He turned red and the man smiled again then left.

Donghae: Why is he smiling like that? What did you tell him?

Jessica: Nothing.

Donghae: How could you do this to me?!

Jessica: Don’t be jealous.

            So to make it up for her boyfriend she uses her index finger and writes on his arm.

Donghae: What is that?

Jessica: (Writes again then whispers) I love you, my Donghae-ah…

Donghae: (Blushing) Yah, you really know my weakness.

Jessica: (Smiles) anyway, what are you doing here?

Donghae: Well, I want to invite you to the anniversary party of the company.

Jessica: Ah…but. I don’t think I should go.

Donghae: Why? You’re my girlfriend you are worth than any other people there.

Jessica: That’s not it. You know what happened.

Donghae: You’re still thinking about that issue? Forget it besides you were proven innocent. Don’t be worried about grandpa too.

            Half heartedly, Jessica agreed and so when she got back to Yuri’s apartment she chose an elegant dress that she is going to wear for the event. It’s already dark when Donghae fetch her. When she finally walks out, Donghae was astonished. He literally has his jaw dropped when he sees her.

Jessica: What happened? Are you okay?

Donghae: I never thought you have this beauty. (He joked)

Jessica: You want to be beaten up?

Donghae: I’m sorry my Jessica. Of course you’re the most beautiful girl. (He smiles)

Jessica: (Chuckles)

            They went to the party together and all eyes them when they finally arrive at the hotel as they look so perfect together.

            When Ji Won saw them she runs and gave Jessica a hug.

Ji Won: Jessica, how are you? Donghae told me about what happened to you.

            Donghae gave her a look as he told her that Jessica shouldn’t know that he told her about her condition.  

Ji Won: But it wasn’t his fault. I forced him.

Jessica: It’s fine. You’re his sister.

Donghae: I’ll just go and talk to them. Noona, please take care of Jessica. 

            He referred to the investors and so he left for a while and Jessica stayed with Ji Won. They talk about some things about the mall, Taecyeon and Donghae. However, when her friends came she felt out of place and went to look for Donghae. However, instead of finding him it was Hara who found her.

Hara: Nice to see you again. Do you still remember me?

Jessica: (Nod) Yes.

Hara: Is it true you two are together again? He didn’t tell me about it.

Jessica: Yes we are. He didn’t tell you?

Hara: He just told me that you’re deaf.

            Jessica did not expect that especially that Hara is someone she doesn’t know. Someone who is saying that he is her fiancée.

Hara: I feel sorry for you. Oh, I don’t want to leave but the MC is already calling me. Bye.

            Hara went on stage when the MC called her name. Then when Jessica read their lips the MC is asking Hara to play the violin and piano. Hara wanted to pass but the guests insisted so she agreed

Hara: This is for my one and only love.

           She said looking straight at Donghae then she started playing the violin beautifully. In every of the violin is like a sad story she is telling to them but when she played the piano, Hara showed another side of her. The song has a happy tune that warm their heart from the cold weather. Suddenly, Jessica remember the times she’s still playing the piano, it’s every sound that made her heart flutter. But now it’s only in her memories and every day its sound is starting to fade away.

            She stopped from her wandering thoughts when she saw that Mr. Han came up on stage.

Mr. Han: Everyone let’s give her a round of applaus. She is Hara, my future granddaughter-in-law. The fiancé of Donghae.

            Donghae at the audience is stunned just like anyonelse in the room. But instead of going to the stage he looks for where Jessica is. Mr. Han asked him to get on stage so that the reporters will take pictures of them together and be published. Donghae remained still and the guests are also getting puzzled. However, a sound of breaking glasses distracted them. It was Ji Won as she accidentally hit the pile of plates. Ji Won is only acting to give her little borther a time to escape. So she winked at Donghae to signal him, he quickly took that opportunity to look for Jessica. When he finally found her he takes her hand and quickly run out of the hall. They went outside and it’s only when Donghae felt relived.

Donghae: I finally breathe a fresh air. It’s so suffocating back there.

            He keeps on talking like nothing happened. He is trying to make Jessica feel that it was not a big deal that they should not take it seriously. However, she is silent and has pensive eyes as she looks down while listening to his complaints.

 Donghae: Why are you so quiet? I’m getting nervous when you’re like this. Jessica, are you okay?

Jessica: Why did you tell Hara about my condition?

Donghae: She knows it?

Jessica: Stop lying and she’s really your fiancée?

Donghae: I’m not lying. I didn’t tell her and she’ll never be my fiancée.

Jessica: …

Donghae: Believe me.

            Jessica did not answer and just started to walk.

Donghae: Why are you suddenly like this? Why do you want to keep your situation? There’s nothing wrong with it. It didn’t affect the way I see you now.

Jessica: You can say that because you’re not in my position. You don’t know how hard it is. I already feel sorry for myself. I miss every sound of this city, my father’s lectures, Yuri’s laughter and most especially your voice. It’s not the same anymore in my world. Now seeing all of them having pitty on me and treating me like I’m special is like killing me.

            Her every word is like pinching her heart into bits. It’s the truth that she needs to face but also wants to escape. Though she wanted to look strong in front of him her eyes started beaming with tears. She walks away but her hand stayed when he takes hold on to it. Then he walks closer and puts his arms around her.  

Donghae: Sorry… I didn’t think of how hard this is to you. But Jessica you cannot forever hide from what you are. I know you’re strong and I’m sure that’s what they see on you. You may always get those looks but prove to them that you’re more than that. However, when you already feel like it’s hard and heavy, remember your Donghae is here to share with your struggles and pain.

            Jessica cannot keep herself anymore so she cried while Donghae offered his arms to comfort her. When she finally let it all out Donghae wipes her tears tenderly and gave her a grin.

Donghae: Yah, you want to smile?

            Donghae then cleared his throat and covered his face. 3-2-1! Aegyo time! He did different types of aegyo which he haven’t done to anyone and which she haven’t seen before. It made him have goosebumps while it made Jessica blush, smile and laugh.  

            On a corner Hara is watching them with tears on her eyes. She felt jealous of their relationship her mind is telling her to go and stop them but her heat finally surrenders and accepted that this is it; she has to save her dignity and move on.


 

            Meanwhile, Taecyeon really doesn’t have plans of going to the party but when Mr. Han called him he decided to go and give him self a break. He’s on his way out of his room when he saw the letter that Ji Won gave to him. Taecyeon picked it up and finally read it. It gives his eyes tears and as well as a motivation to fight for Hye In while reading it. So then after that he immediately gave her a call to meet up with her at the Han River Bridge.

            They both came on time and when they saw each other all they did is to stare for seconds. It’s like their eyes are talking. It’s telling the pain and sufferings they’ve been through while they’re away from each other. But then Taecyeon make a move and carried her on his back. Though Hye In is puzzled but all she did that time is to be silent and hold on to him.

Taeceyon: They say when a couple ran together in this bridge while carrying the other their relationship will get stronger and will lasts long just like this bridge. So please hold on tight and I will definitely finish this.

            Determined to get through the other side he ran while carrying her on his back. Even if his body is getting tired and wanted to give up but his heart and mind keep on pushing him until they finally reach the end of it. He is still panting when he reaches out and finally gave the letter to her. She read while Taecyeon recited it.

Taecyeon:

            Im Hye In

            I know I don’t even deserve writing this letter to you, but please don’t throw it out and continue reading it. I made a lot of mistakes to you. I was coward and selfish. But you know if I could turn back time I will not change any of it because from that I learned how much you worth for me. But the only thing that I want to take away is your pain and your memories with me.

            You might also be wondering why I’m writing this. Maybe you’re also thinking that I’m really stupid. Yeah I am but I just really want to ask for your forgiveness. Your forgiveness that can only ease my pain. Please let me also show you the new me.

            A Taecyeon who is stronger and not a coward. Taecyeon who will fight for you and will never give up until the end. Also a Taecyeon who is willing to wait until you accept him again. And most especially a Taecyeon who loves you much more than before. I want to show you how I changed after losing you. If, if only you will give me a second chance.

    

Hye In: Taecyeon-ah…

Taecyeon: I was supposed to give this letter to you after I left you few years ago. I’m sorry. I should’ve shown you more of the new Taecyeon than by just saying it.

Hye In: No. You’ve shown me enough actually it’s more than. You even love me more. It is me this time. I’m sorry. But I also want to show you the new Hye In. The Hye In who will fight for, trust and love you more than before. Can you accept her again?

            Taecyeon did not say another word and just gave her a hug.

Taecyeon: We will do this together.

            Taecyeon said it as they look deeply into each eyes then slowly he moves his head towards her while Hye In just stayed still and closes her eyes until their lips met. A kiss that is gentle, sweet and sincere. It is an answer which is more than what she’s expecting from him.

  

❖❖❖❖

>Sorry for the very late update. Anyway, I'm happy for our couples! How about you?

> Only few chapters before the ending! Sad :( or Happy :) ending???

> Happy Palm Sunday! ^^


 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! 

credit:bibleverse|tumblr