CHAPTER 16: BEATING HEART

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            For the past few days Donghae is just doing well in the office but Jessica has still this urge to want to make him smile as he doesn’t smile that often in the past days. So one day Jessica looks for a good timing to take him away. It was just after their meeting and she ask him to go with her while grabbing his arm.

Donghae: Yah! What are you doing?

Jessica: You need to go with me.

            Still confuse he followed Jessica and they go outside the building, ride on the bus and stopped in front of a musical theater.

Donghae: What are we going to do here?

Jessica: (Smiles) just relax and smile.

            But he remained the same, emotionless. He sits there and waited for her as she excused herself for a minute. Then suddenly the lights the center of the stage. There he saw Jessica with the piano. She smiled at him then started playing.

            Jessica played nursery rhymes while singing them. She wanted to make Donghae feel better by singing some joyful and cute songs. And she did not fail as she saw Donghae smiles while watching her. It’s really unusual for him to feel suddenly like this but he already knows why. It’s because she blew him away again. First, he did not know that she can play the piano well and second he did not have any idea that she’s a great singer even if she’s just singing some nursery rhymes.

           After playing the songs Jessica walks to the center of the stage and called Donghae’s name.

 

Jessica: Donghae-ah! Donghae-ah!

Donghae: Why?

Jessica: Will you do me a favor?

Donghae: What is it?

 Jessica: Forgive yourself!  

            He kept silent because this is the thing that he has a hard time answering even to his own self.

Jessica: Donghae-ah! You told me not to be pessimistic! But why are you not practicing it?!

Donghae: This is different! (He stands up)

Jessica: No, it’s not! This is life. Why do you always blame yourself?! We all make mistakes, we hurt people but we also learn. Donghae-ah…rise up don’t give up…don’t give up on yourself.

            Don’t worry…because your real family is here.

           

            His siblings and Eunhyuk showed up on the stage that she texted while they’re on the bus. His eyes were filled of tears while listening to her words and now it’s running down his face as he see the people who really loves him dearly. He looks like a little boy who got lost and now finally found. So they walk towards him and had a group hug to show their love and care to Donghae.

Ji Won: Yah! Stop crying!

Taecyeon: This will be the last time that we’re going to see you cry, okay?

Eunhyuk: Because you look like a fish! (He teased)

Ji Won: (Chuckles) Donghae, I’m sure father is very happy. Also, remember that even if he’s not here anymore our heavenly Father will always be here to take care of you.

Taecyeon: She’s right and He also gave us to be here with you.

Donghae: (wiping his tears) Thank you! I honestly feel better now.

            But, whose idea is this?

Eunhyuk: Aish, why do you have to ask? I think you already know the answer.

            All eyes turn to Jessica who is really blushing.

Ji Won: You guys should go now. We know that you wanted to be alone.

            So they parted ways with bright feelings especially Donghae. He now realizes how blessed he is in having a loving family like them.  

            However, even if Donghae is really happy he still cannot help but think about his father. So he stopped near the river then he looked up in the starry sky and said a little prayer.

Donghae: My Lord, forgive me for all what I’ve done. Please let my father know that I’m sorry too.

            He said it sincerely as tears runs down from his eyes. While he’s still staring up in the sky suddenly out of nowhere a butterfly flew in front of him. It stayed there for quite seconds and he cannot believe what he felt that time. He feels at ease and free. Donghae smiles as he knows that the butterfly is like a message of God to him. 

 


 

 

            Meanwhile, Taecyeon also excuses himself as he still has something that he needs to fix. Just this morning, Taecyeon received a text message from Hye In saying that she wanted to meet him at the beach where they first met. So after going to the theater he immediately changes his clothes to a better one and then he drives straight to the beach. It takes him about 3 hours by car but he did not mind it as he is very excited to see her. He came in time and saw that she’s alone at the seaside. With all smile in his face he runs towards her and he quickly gives Hye In a warm hug. Of course, she was surprised of what he did but she also misses him a lot. So Hye In slowly lifted her arms and hugged him back.

            They sat under their favorite tree. It’s the tree who became the witness of their happiness and sorrows.

Taecyeon: I’m happy to see you again. I really missed you.

Hye In: I don’t think so.

Taecyeon: Why? Do you think I’m lying?

Hye In: I’m sure you’re busy with your work and with…

Taecyeon: With?

Hye In: Nothing. Anyway, I called you because…

Taecyeon: (cuts her) don’t say it! Whatever it is, please don’t say it.

Hye In: What? Why?

Taecyeon: Since, we’re already here why don’t we just enjoy it?

Hye In: No. I can’t, I still need to…

            But he cuts him again by carrying her and runs to the ocean. He throws her and so she complained and acted that she’s really angry. Taecyeon apologizes and feels really sorry about it but then Hye In stick out her tongue and splashes the water in his face.

Taecyeon: You really got me there, huh!

            So he takes revenge and did the same thing to her. They played in the water like the old times. Both are enjoying it and they feel so free and in high spirits. Moreover, they are happy to spend time with each other. After that, they lied at the sand while staring at the sky.

Taecyeon: Look at that, it’s a smiling face.

Hye In: How about that? A dinosaur.

Taecyeon: No. It’s not! It’s a Doraemon.

Hye In: It’s Dooly.

Taecyeon: Okay. But that one is a boat.

Hye In: That one is a hand right?

Taecyeon: Deh. This one is ours.

            He reaches out for her hand and held it. Taecyeon smiles at her but she looks bothered and takes back her hand. She sits up and so is Taecyeon.

Hye In: Can I ask you something?

Taecyeon: What is it?

Hye In: I appeared in strong heart. I revealed some things about…our relationship before.

Taecyeon: Don’t worry about it. I respect you.

Hye In: Really?

Taecyeon: Is this why you called me?

Hye In: D-deh.

            She lied. She actually called him because she really misses him and wanted to express her feelings more.

Taecyeon: So…when are they going to air this?

Hye In: No! Don’t watch it!

Taecyeon: Aish! Whether you like it or not I’ll watch it.

Hye In: But…

Taecyeon: Hye In-ah! I love you.

            His words shut and it left her still in place.

Taecyeon: (Laughs) Got yah!

Hye In: Yah! So you mean, it’s just a joke?!

            Taecyeon runs away when he saw that she gestured to punch him. He knows that Hye In is really strong and so he hurriedly gets away from her. But Hye In will not let him get away with it so she runs after him. So they got into the ocean and played in the water again. And then for the rest of the day they did not do anything but to enjoy the time that they have with each other.

 


 

[The Next Day]

            Jessica went out with Donghae in the city. They’ve decided to go out today since they have much time now than yesterday.

            So they went to a nearest restaurant and ordered foods. Donghae is surprised to see her food when it arrived because it’s too many for her.

Donghae: Can you finish that all up?

Jessica: Of course, I’m very hungry.

            They started eating and Donghae kept on watching her thinking if she’ll really be able to finish it. It also makes him smile by just watching her eat all the foods deliciously. Finally, she finishes it all up!  

Donghae: Why you don’t eat the cheese? It’s delicious!

Jessica: You really don’t know why? It’s because cheese has a lot of bacteria. Eating it will kill you!

Donghae: (gulps) you’re lying.

Jessica: No. I’m not; you can search it if you want. It has bacteria that will stick in your mouth and stomach that’s why my mom told me not to eat it.

Donghae: Whatever! Let’s go!

            They went out again with no place to go until a man approaches them.

Man: Excuse me! Are you guys a couple?

Jessica: Huh?

Donghae: Of course! Why?

            He said thinking that the guy is interested to Jessica. However, that’s not his reason instead he wants to invite them to a free try out of their new couple class. Since they don’t have destination they followed the instructor and they lead them in a park with the other 2 couples.

Instructor: Good afternoon! Thank you for accepting our invitation for the married couples.

Jessica: (raises her hand) Wait. Married couples? But we’re not even married.

Instructor: What? I thought you said you guys are a couple.

Donghae: Ish. Yes we are. We’re engaged!

Jessica: (gave him a look) what are you saying? (whispers)

Donghae: Just keep quiet.  

Instructor: We’re looking for married couples. I’m sorry.

            However, the other two couples who’ve been waiting for the class to start are getting bored and upset. They told the two instructors that if they’ll make them wait again they will just go. So with no choice since they thought that Donghae and Jessica are engaged they accepted them in the said program.

            And so they start the couple program. The instructors first explain about the idea, purpose, goal and the mechanics. They also said that it’s just a trial hence it’ll only be a glimpse of what their program has to offer. After the introduction they asked their participants to introduce each other and say something about their love life. Jessica is getting nervous as they did not have any special memories as a couple yet while Donghae is sitting there relaxingly. When it’s already their turn Donghae volunteer himself to talk about their love life.

Donghae: We’ve known together for a year now. It’s actually fate who brought us together. I accidentally took her phone which I thought is mine. After that we became friends then enemies then colleague and now…a couple. Our relationship might not as strong as the others have yet but I will do anything for this girl because she’s a gift for me from heaven.

            Everyone clap after his statement and the other girls admired him not only because he’s handsome but especially for his sincerity and brave characters.

Instructor: Wow! That is a very nice line. Now, may we ask the couples to face each other while holding hand and stare at each other’s eyes? It’s a game to know more each other. Just ask and answer the questions given

               1st: (Name), What physical feature of mine do you like the most, and why?

Donghae: … You…ask it. (He looks shy)

Jessica: Why me? You’re the guy. You should do it.

            Everyone stare at them while they are quarreling like children. So they start again and much proper this time.

Donghae: Let me see. (He looked at her from head to toe to find something attractive to her)

Jessica: Yah, why do you need to find it?

Donghae: Because I can’t see anything. (He teased)

Jessica: Ish! (She lightly hit his arm)

Donghae: Okay, your lips! That’s why I told you to stop pouting. I’m…really…attracted to it.  (They blushes) I-It’s your turn!

Jessica: Your eyes. I think it’s stunning and at the same time mysterious.

Instructor: Next, what made you fall in love with me?      

Donghae: Jessica-ah, what made you fall in love with me?

Jessica: Who told you that I love you this way?

Donghae: What?!

Jessica: Nothing.

Donghae: Nothing? Jessica-ah…

Jessica: Because you’re not ordinary! You said that I’m Pikachu, right? But how come I feel this way to Pinocchio that is very unusual.

Donghae: So you mean you’re lucky to have me?

Jessica: If that’s what you said. (Smiles)  

Donghae: Me…I have lots of reasons but the main reason is because you always see through me. It’s like you have powers that you can read my mind and what my heart says. And Like I said before you maid my wooden heart beats fast.

Instructor: Are we all done?! Now, let’s hug each other and say I love you!

            There’s an awkward feeling between the two because even if they feel the same way with each other, but they haven’t say these words yet. Slowly, they hug with a bit of distance from each other so the instructors had to push them to fall from each arms.

HaeSica: I…I…

Donghae and Jessica: I…l-love…I love…y-you…

            When they finally said it there’s silence and all they can feel are the beating of their hearts.

Instructor: Very good! Fantastic! I’m sure everyone feels the love in the air now, right? Now we’re down with our last activity. It’s the couple race. We will tie your foot together and then you have to race across the finish line! Are you guys ready?            

            They tied the couples’ one foot together and lead them to the starting line. The oldest couple who are in their 40’s is wearing red the second who are 30’s is blue and lastly Donghae and Jessica are wearing pink. The second instructor finally fired the gun and all of them started running. All of them struggled as they don’t know how to synchronize their steps. They keep on falling down until Jessica think of an idea.

Jessica: I think we need to count.

Donghae: Good idea! 1-2-3! 1-2-3! 1-2-3!

            Donghae takes her hand and started to count. Slowly they are getting the rhythm of the game. The other couples saw what they did so they followed them. Pink team is on the verge of victory when suddenly team red showed up passing by them. But the pink team did not give up and gave all their best. In the end, the pink team won and the second place goes to red. But no one lost as it helped them in being one and work together.

Instructor: The first couple will receive couple rings.

            They gave the rings to the winning team.

Instructor: Now think that you are getting married put the rings and give a message to each other.

            They stood at the center while looking straight at each eyes. Donghae takes her hand and put on the ring.

 

Donghae: Jessica-ah…Jessica ah…Jessica-ah

Jessica: Why? Stop it... (Embarrassed while blushing)

Donghae: Jessica-ah…I will never get tired of calling your name and say…I love you. So please always answer me with a smile.  

            His face is full of smiles while saying those sweet words to her which melts the hearts of everyone. Then Jessica takes his hand and puts on the ring.

Jessica: Lee Donghae-ah! Even if it’ll be sound annoying sometimes I will never get tired of hearing your voice.

Instructor: And this ring…will be the symbol of your everlasting love for each other.

            Their day ended with a bright smile and happiness in their hearts. It is radiating in them inside and out. Even when they already parted ways they cannot forget the things they did together. It makes their heart skip and lips smile. Yes, they already fell in love before but it’s their first time to feel this something so deep for someone. The joy it brings to them is like never ending.

 


 

            Later that day, Taecyeon searched about the Strong Heart show. He finds out that it’ll be shown tonight. So he hurried up and finished his work early. He goes straight to his room in front of his TV. He got there just in time so he focus himself and watch the program.

            The show is famous not only it’s funny but also because the honest stories of their guests. The show started with the MCs greeting everyone! Then they introduce the guests with some wit to make them comfortable. The show continues by hearing the stories of the guests and short funny performances.  Now, finally it’s already Yoona’s turn to talk. Everyone knows that Lee Seung Gi’s ideal type is her. So they joke around about the two.

Taecyeon: Aish!

            Taecyeon doesn’t want to watch it feeling jealous about it. He changes the channel to another variety show and when he turned it back Yoona is already telling her story.  It reads in her board: My First Love.

Screen: Yoona’s First Love!!!

Yoona: I was so in love with him that I was ready to quit my training for him.

Dong Ho (MC): But you were still young back then.

Yoona: Yes, that’s how much I loved him. He asked me to marry him and I said yes.

Screen: Oh!!! Revelation: Yoona was engaged!

Seung Gi (MC): Ooh, is this real? Seriously?

Dong Ho: You sounded like a jealous boyfriend than a host. (He teased)

Seung Gi: I'm just surprise.

Dong Ho: Okay, we understand. Yoona, please continue.

Yoona: I was so happy and excited. We set everything from the church to the hotel as well as our honeymoon. But…just days before our wedding.

            She pause for a moment and told herself to hold her tears just a little more. Everyone is silent waiting for the continuation of the story.

Seung Gi: It’s okay if you don’t want to continue it.

Everyone: Eyy!!!

Seung Gi: Why? I’m just helping her to be comfortable.

Dong Ho: You just don’t want to hear it. (He teased)

Screen: Jealous Seung Gi!?

Seung Gi: No! Okay, let’s hear her story then…

Yoona: We met at the beach to a place where we first met. The weather that time was really bad but for me I think it was still very nice. But everything changes when he suddenly told me that…he can’t marry me. I cannot believe it and I thought it was just kind of joke so I asked him again. He…told me the reason and then he left.

Screen: It’s like a sad movie.

            There is silence around the room and they can feel how hard and hurtful it was for her that time.

Dong Ho: He must be regretting it until now!

Yoona: Of course! He must be!

            She said jokingly breaking the ice and so everyone laughs.

Seung Gi: Can you give a message for him?

Dong Ho: Does she need to do that?

Yoona: It’s fine.

            Yah! If you’re watching right now…I hope that you’ll be happy with your life. I also wish that you finally find the girl for you.

Taecyeon: What are you saying? I already found her!

            He turns off the TV and since he’s bothered of what she said, he quickly gives her a call.

Taecyeon: We need to talk.

Yoona: Did…you watch it?

Taecyeon: Of course! You really made me look bad.

Yoona: Let’s meet right now.

            Immediately, he stands up and went out of the house. When he opened the gate he saw someone wearing a Pororo mask. He looked closely and recognized that it is Hye In. So he runs towards her.

Taecyeon: How long have you been waiting here? It’s cold. (He said as he offer his coat)

Hye In: I’m fine. Let’s go to the playground.

            They went to the playground together and sat at the swings. Hye In looks around and when she assured that nobody followed her she removes her cute Pororo mask.   

Taecyeon: How could you do that?

Hye In: I’m really sorry. But you know that I did not lie, right? Everything that I said is true.

Taecyeon: I don’t think so. You lied about one thing.

Hye In: What is it?

Taecyeon: When you told me that I should find the girl for me. You already know the only girl in my heart.

Hye In: Deh, that’s why I said that. I know the girl.

Taecyeon: What?

Hye In: I saw how happy you were with her.

Taecyeon: Really? Then where is your evidence? Show me that picture!

Hye In: Okay! I’ll send it to you.

            They bring out their phones and she instantly sends it to him. He opened it and is surprised of what he saw. It’s their recent picture together at the beach.

Hye In: See their smiles? They are made to bring joy to each other.

            Taecyeon turns to her with tears filled in his eyes.

Taecyeon: You mean? Are we?

Hye In: (nod) But are you really sure for this relationship? It’s going to be harder for us now.  

Taecyeon: I’ve been waiting for this every day. You think I never thought of it? But like I told you before I will not give up. Im Hye In…I love you and keep holding on to that.

            He reaches for her as she closes her eyes and he gives a kiss on her forehead.

            Finally they already found love and forgiveness. But what they have is not just a feeling but it’s much deeper than that.  However, will they still be strong when they face new obstacles in their life? 

 

❖❖❖❖

THE END OF BOOK 1 ^_^ 

I'M SUPER HAPPY! THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH ME!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!

> What are your thoughts about the ending chapter of Book 1???

 

I WILL GIVE SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT WHAT I'M THINKING FOR BOOK 2. 

1. IT WILL BE MORE DRAMATIC. TI_TI

2. OUR COUPLES WILL FACE CHALLENGES THAT WILL STREGTHEN OR WEAKEN THEIR RELATIONSHIPS.

3. NEW CHARACTERS! 

4. SAD OR HAPPY ENDING??? I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT IT... 

>Any suggestion for Book 2??? 


         

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!