CHAPTER 23: WAVES OF LIFE

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            “It’s a kiss!!!”  Jessica thought to herself when she felt his lips next to hers.

             The kiss is very fast and yet they felt the every millisecond of it. It put chills both on their spines that made them paralyzed on their place for a second. Their hands are cold while their cheeks turn bloody cherry. They cannot get over it and quickly moves away their gaze at each other when they realize what just happened.

Donghae: You t-told me that… it’s more... than I-I thought! (He stutters as he tried to explain)

Jessica: You’re really crazy! Ish! (She kicks his leg again)

Donghae: Yah! Ouch! Stop kicking me.

Jessica: You’re right it’s more than money. No, money cannot even buy that kiss.

Donghae: So you mean our kiss is more important? (Smirk)

Jessica: Of course!

            He looks at her still wanting to defend what he did but then he also realizes that he is also partly wrong.

Donghae: Okay, I was worng. I’m really sorry. But let me help you. Let’s just put it this way. I’ll pay all of it then you will pay it to me.

Jessica: You should’ve have thought of this earlier.

Donghae: Is it a deal then? You’re going back with me?

Jessica: Let me tell this to my father first.

Donghae: Okay. I’ll just go back tomorrow.

 

            Jessica did tell it to her father and in her surprise Mr. Jung agreed to it right away. He explained that he cannot take seeing her daughter being sad again so he has to let her go. However, he is not coming with her as he has his job there. So Jessica will be staying with her bestfriend, Yuri. She cannot work yet as she is will continue her studies to another school in Seoul.

 


[The Next Day]

            Yoona has been bawling her eyes out since her break up with Taecyeon. She cannot also concentrate on everything she does. That is why Seohyun and Manager Kang are getting worried of her. After their Japanese class Seohyun saw her at the rooftop of their company crying again. She walks towards her and offered a handkerchief. Yoona takes it and wipes her tears away.

Seohyun: You’ve been like this since yesterday. Are you still thinking about the pictures? The president will take care of it, don’t worry.

Yoona: It’s not only about it. It’s…it’s because…we already broke up.

Seohyun: What? He did it again! How could he?!

Yoona: No…It was my fault this time. He asked me if I love him and I… I cannot answer him clearly.

            She explained it as tears started to fall from her eyes again.

Seohyun: Unni… I think you’re just confused. You wouldn’t be crying right now if you don’t love him.

Yoona: But I don’t know if I can fight for our love. I don’t want to hide anymore but I also don’t want to hurt him.

Seohyun: Then…what is holding you back?

            Yoona did not answer and just looks away, staring at the sky. Seohyun is observing her and because she knew her for years she is able to understand what Yoona is thinking.

Seohyun: You’re thinking about me…Yoona-unni, don’t. You don’t have to do this because of me.

Yoona: But…I have to protect you and our group.

Seohyun: We can still be together even if you get a boyfriend or get married.

Yoona: You’re still innocent as ever. In this industry people like someone who can have or call them their own.

Seohyun: Then leave me! Unni, you’re the happiest person when you’re with him so fight for him.

Yoona: Seohyun-ah.

            Seohyun also started crying by just having a thought of going solo without her unni.

Seohyun: I’m a lady now, remember?  I’m even releasing a solo album. I…I…I can do it.  

Yoona: Seohyun-ah.

            After they parted ways Yoona decided to take some time alone and think on things. She drives around the city with no destination to go to. Her brain is full of thoughts of Taecyeon. She only stopped the engine when she realizes that she reached the beach that they always go to.

            Yoona stares at the wide place and then notice the flower in the ocean. She watches it as the waves toss it here and there, like Taecyeon is slowly drifting away from her. When she had the thought of it, Yoona tried to save the flower but the waves it is too strong and all she can do is to let it go. 

 


 

            Meanwhile, Taecyeon did not go to work today. He stayed in his house and did not do anything aside from boxing and exercising. He wanted to forget about what happened and for a moment to feel numb from the pain. He punches the sandbag hard whenever he remembers the answers that he received from Hye In. He is in the mid of it when Ji Won came to see him.

Ji Won: Taecyeon-ah. Are you okay? You didn’t go to work today and didn’t also answer my calls.

Taecyeon: We…we broke up.

Ji Won: What?! 

Taecyeon: So…this is the feeling of being left. 

Ji Won: You and Hye In? When? Why? How?

Taecyeon: Just yesterday. Her CEO found out about us and asked her to break up with me but…she did not respond. I asked her if she still loves me and she did not give me any answers.

Ji Won: Maybe she was confused.

Taecyeon: Yeah, she said that but she doesn’t have to think of the answer for that question.

Ji Won: Taecyeon-ah, I’m not siding with her but try to be understanding with her especially now. Everyone is looking at her, she needs to take care of Seohyun and her dream is also at stake here. 

Taecyeon: I don’t know. If I’m a hindrance then I’ll just accept everything and let her have her dreams.

Ji Won: Wait for me here.

            Ji Won went to her room and came back with a paper in her hand.

Ji Won: This was a letter that you supposed to give to her back then.

Taecyeon: Why are you giving this to me then?

Ji Won: This will help you. Read it.

Taecyeon: Noona, it will not change anything.

            He said firmly and just left the letter on his desk.

 


           

[Mr. Han’s Office]

 

            After giving Jessica a ride to Yuri’s apartment Donghae then went to his grandfather’s office to pay for Jessica’s debts. When he received the check Mr. Han is surprised and puzzled.

Mr. Han: What? Are you serious?

Donghae: Yes and we got back together.

Mr. Han: But you’re enaged already!

Donghae: I don’t remember anything about that.

Mr. Han: If you still want to run the Mall, you will follow me.

Donghae: It’s the president who will decide about that.

Mr. Han: Huh, didn’t you hear about the news? My daughter went to a business trip and will stay there for months and she gave me back the position for a while.

            Donghae did not expect that news and is really surprise to hear about it.

Mr. Han: Think again of what you are getting in to.

Donghae: I…I will not break up on her. Even if you fire me…I don’t care anymore!

            Then he left the room and went back to his office where he met Hara this time.

Donghae: Aish!!! (He shouted irritated when he saw her) Didn’t I tell you to stop bothering me. My girlfriend might see us and misinterpret it.

Hara: Girlfriend? Are you talking about me?

Donghae: Of course…not. I’m with Jessica again.

Hara: What? But we’re getting engaged.

Donghae: We will never be engaged, remember that. Now go.

            Angrily, Hara left the room and slammed the door behind her.

 


 

            After taking her sign language class Jessica went to go around Seoul then to Mashida Restaurant to buy foods for Donghae. He received a text from him that he will take an over time so she decide to stay with him. She takes a bus to go to the company. While she’s sitting there Jessica did not notice Mina her former colleague is also in the same bus.

            Since the incident the person who got guilty the most is Mina. There is no day that she dosen’t think of Jessica. Her conscience is haunting her because of what they’ve done to her that’s why she also can’t work well lately. When Mina saw her, she quickly hid her face as if Jessica saw her. She has cold sweats and cannot stay on her place. The bus stopped and Jessica walks out of it and after her is Mina. She followed her until they get in front of the company. Mina called Jessica but she’s not turning back so she run over and stopped her but Mina did not let her turn around to see her.

Jessica: Who…who are you?

Mina: You...don’t have to know.

Jessica: I’m sorry but I cannot understand unless you let me see you.

Mina: No way! I cannot say this while looking at you. Just listen to me. I just really need to let this out. Please listen and…

Jessica: Excuse me. I’m deaf so I have to read lips to understand you.

            Mina’s body got weakens and she slowly let go of Jessica then she fell down on her knees crying. Jessica finally looks back and there she saw Mina breaking in tears.

Mina: I’m sorry...Jessica, I’m really sorry. Sorry.

            She keeps on repeating it but Jessica cannot really understand why she is like that. So she helps her up.

Jessica: What happened? Why are you apologizing?

Mina: We did not treat you well before and…I’m sorry.

Jessica: (Smile) if you’re doing this because you feel sorry for me… well then, don’t because… I’m still the same person.

Mina: No…You wouldn’t be suffering like this because of us. We…did this to you. We sent you to the Mall because we want to blame you for a missing picture.

            Jessica is surprise of what she read in her lips. Things that were hidden from her that she wouldn’t want to know anymore. She lost her complexion and her hands are slightly trembling as she puts it over Mina’s shoulder.

Jessica: What did you say? Are…you trying to deceive me now?! Why?!

Mina: No. No. That…is the truth. It’s really our fault. I’m really sorry.

Jessica: Do you know what you took away from me?! Huh?! I lost my hearing, my job, my family here and…and Donghae.

            Mina went down to her knees and started pleading her.

Mina: Please, don’t tell this to Team Leader. I’m begging you. We cannot afford to lose this job. We have family that we need to take care of.

Jessica: Did you ever thought of that when you did those things?! You don’t even know how hard my life is! We suffered a lot because of it.

            Jessica shouted as she wipes her tears then she went inside the building. Mina tried to follow her but is afraid that Donghae will see her so she just left. Jessica can feel the heaviness inside her chest that she wanted to hide. But every step that she takes towards Donghae is a tear from her eyes. She stopped and went to the rest room and there she let it all out.

 


 

[Donghae’s Office]

            Donghae is in his office reminiscing his first kiss with Jessica. As he closes his eyes and touches his lips, Donghae cannot keep on smiling.  But as time passes by he realizes that Jessica is already a half an hour late. Worried, he took his phone and goes down to check on her. Then, there he witnessed everything. He wanted to follow her but his feet lead him back to his room, feeling guilty that he was unable to took care of her. After a while, she finally walks in the room. She flashes a smile like nothing happened a moment ago. So he composes himself and also smiled back.

Jessica: Sorry, I was late. There was a heavy traffic.

Donghae: Traffic? This late night? That’s impossible.

Jessica: It’s true. Well, don’t worry no more! I brought food for you.

            She puts it on his desk and prepared everything for him. He is very happy as he watches her. When she’s finish, Donghae opened his mouth to her.

Jessica: Yah! What is that?

Donghae: Give me a food. (Smiles)

Jessica: What? Aish! You’re not a baby!

Donghae: I’m your baby, right?

            Jessica laughs as she puts the food in his mouth. She continued doing it until he finishes all the foods. Donghae also continued to joke around with her, making her smile and laugh. So she suddenly forgets the things that she had learned a while ago. He became her medicine that can quickly heal her wounded heart. However, when he finally does his paper works Jessica felt sleepy and quickly falls asleep on his desk beside him. Donghae then carried her and puts her on the couch. He stared at her beautiful milky face but then he is saddened when he saw a tear run down her face. He wipes it gently and lighty brushes his fingers. Then tears also started beaming in his eyes as he remembers what he saw and heard.

 

Donghae: Yah! Why are you so selfish? You always want to take all the pain! How could you act like that after what Mina said? It’s even painful for me that I cannot even protect you during those times! Jessica…why do you have to endure all of these? 

 

❖❖❖❖

Thank you again guys!!! ^^

What's your opinion for this chapter??? Any suggestions and violent reactions??? Keke~

 

 


 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! 

credit:bibleverse|tumblr