CHAPTER 6: START AGAIN

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            That night the incident that happened in the hotel is all in the news. It even spread quickly since there are Medias that were invited in the party. It became even worst when Congressman Jeon, the celebrant stated that he was disappointed of the security of the hotel. There are a lot of reporters outside the building waiting for any response from Mrs. Han. So she called a press conference the next morning to make a statement about what happened.

Mrs. Han: (Calmly) Hello everyone. Good morning. I want to go straight to the point. About what happened last night is really terrifying. We want to say sorry to the guests especially to Congressman Jeon. Because of this we will investigate and punish the people responsible in doing this. Starting today we also wanted to announce that our hotel will close for a while to fix the problems and improve our securities. That’s all, thank you!

            The reporters quickly ask questions to her but she did not answer any of them and instead just went to her office. Ji Won and Taecyeon are already there watching their mother’ speech in a live broadcast.

Mrs. Han: That guy. He will pay for it when the election started.

               Anyway, how’s the investigation? Did you find anything?

Ji Won: Nothing. They said that our record was stolen.

Taecyeon: Mom, we have a lot of enemies in this business but is there any particular person you argued with recently?

Mrs. Han: I don’t remember. We cannot do anything about this now but to keep quiet and be strict with our securities.

 


 

            When Donghae woke up he felt his head hurts. He looked around in an unfamiliar place but he did not bother to know where he is but instead he gets up and walks out of the room. He looked for his sweater but canno’t find it but instead he saw a family picture of Jessica. He paused for a while to look into her perfect family picture, a picture that he always wanted to have. Then after that he decided to walk out of the house. Though he is quite surprise to know where he is but since he's still not in the mood to talk to someone he just left the apartment. He felt his stomach grumble so he goes straight to his new favorite restaurant the one that Jessica introduced to him. But before he even reaches the restaurant he received a call from her.

Jessica: Where are you? I just bought a breakfast.

Donghae: I’m fine.

Jessica: Wait! I have to give back your sweater. So tell me where are you?

            Donghae told her where he is just to have his sweater back because walking outside with just a plain shirt early in the morning is a torture because it’s cold. She did not take long and they meet outside at the Mashida Restaurant.

Donghae: Where is it?

Jessica: What happened to you last night? (She said as she handed his sweater to him) You were really drunk.

Donghae: It’s none of your business.

Jessica: How could you say that? Don’t you remember you’re the one who came in my apartment?

Donghae: It’s just an accident, okay? (He puts on his sweater)

Jessica: Okay, fine. But you know I suggest that you should stop drinking when you have a problem.

Donghae: I don’t care…

Jessica: Because it doesn’t help you solve anything. Sometimes it can…it can make you do things that…you don’t know.

            She said in a tone that she can comfort him but Donghae feels so mentally exhausted and all he wanted that time is to be alone.

Donghae: Stop!

            He said practically shouting making Jessica take one step backward and look at him directly wide eyed.

Donghae: I don’t care what you say! We’re not related and not even friends! So stop it! Stop preaching because you’re just a person I accidentally bump into! Now, go back to your perfect fairy tale life and leave me alone!

            It left Jessica speechless and even though he is right that they are not related or even friends it hurts her because she felt that they understand each other. Because she felt and knows that they’ve been through on a same situation but then she was wrong and loses another person in her life.


 

[Twin’s Generation’s Dorm]

            While in their dorm instead of taking a rest the Manager saw Yoona cleaning their room. It’s already clean and everything is organized that’s why he knows that something is wrong with her. So he called Yoona to have a small talk with her.

Manager: Are you still angry of what I did?

Yoona: Of all people, why you?

Manager: I just really wanted you to take a rest, that’s all.

Yoona: (She did not buy it) you witnessed how he hurt me and how I suffered because of him! Why did you do that?

Manager: I’m sorry. But…Hye In. I also saw how you grew as a person after that break up. It also helps you, right?

Yoona: Right. So what you want me to do now is to forget, accept him and…what? Then he will hurt me again? I’m tired of it…You know what I feel when I see him? It’s like the scar that he left on me is opening again and it’s so painful! It’s painful…

            There are tears in her eyes but she quickly wiped it away because like what she said she’s tired of it.

Manager: I know what you’ve been through and I don’t want to see you hurt again! But Hye In…I also know that there’s still something missing in you. When he broke up with you, you’re not the only one…who got hurt and…and you know that. I can see he is still suffering because of what he did to you and I can also see in his eyes how sincere he is.

Yoona: What are you trying to say?

Manager: What I’m saying is don’t…don’t push him away. Let him start again because…I know that he still has a part in your heart.

            The Manager reaches for Hye In and he gave her a hug to comfort her.

 


 

[HDY Building Rooftop]

Jessica: Why should I be sad? He’s right we’re not even friends.

            Psh, I’m just trying to be friendly. Why is it always like this?

Taecyeon: Who?

            Jessica jumped in her place when she saw Taecyeon suddenly appeared in her side.

Jessica: Oh! Sunbae, when did you come back?

Taecyeon: This morning. So what are you whining about?

Jessica: Nothing, just a random person I met.

Taecyeon: Your boy friend?

Jessica: No, no! Of course not. (She shook her head)

            W-what about you? Are you sad that’s why you’re here too?

            She thinks that it’s the right time to ask that question and also an opportunity to know what he and Yoona have.

Taecyeon: Not really, I just want to think about some things.

Jessica: Ah, so…by the way did you talk to Yoona-ssi? What did she say?

Taecyeon: Well, I think we still need to convince her.

Jessica: I think that’ll be easy for you. (She muttered)

Taecyeon: What?

Jessica: Are you...dating Y-Y-Yoo…na-ssi?

Taecyeon: Yoona? (he chuckles)

Jessica: Why? What so funny?

Taecyeon: I wish I’m dating her but no.

            Jessica releases a sigh of relief.

Jessica: I knew it! That guy is just lying!

Taecyeon: But…we used to date.

            He said it with serious face while looking far away. So his words made Jessica stop from her happy thoughts. She looked into him and saw the other side of Taecyeon she hasn’t seen before even in school.

Taecyeon: Actually…she was my fiancée…until I broke up with her.

Jessica: Why?

Taecyeon: Because I was coward and…I didn’t put much faith in our relationship.

Jessica: So…now you want her back?

Taecyeon: No. I want to start again but…that will only happen if she lets me.

                  This is a secret but why I am telling this to you now?

            He turned his head on her with a slight smile in his face then he put his hand in her head making her a bit uncomfortable again.

Taecyeon: Jessica-ah, do you know why I’m saying this to you?

Jessica: W-why?

Taecyeon: Because you’re like a little sister to me. I don’t know why but I feel so comfortable with you.

            Jessica turned around to hide her red face from him.

Jessica: Ah…ah…that’s n-nice.

            Even if he called her little sister Jessica still can’t hide her happiness because now they are becoming closer together and who knows their sibling bonding will turn into another level of relationship. Jessica said her good bye to him and walks away but Taecyeon called her.

Taecyeon: Yah! My dongsaeng! Do you want to go out with me tomorrow?

 


 

[Mashida Restaurant]

            Donghae finishes all his food and then he paid for his bills. After he paid for it the lady in the counter that looks like in her early 50’s ask him if she could talk to him for a bit. With no clue Donghae just followed her in the back part of the restaurant.

Lady: Donghae-ssi, right?

Donghae: Deh.

Jang: I’m Jang. By the way I did not intend to listen to your conversation with Jessica a while ago but I heard it. You see I’ve known her since she’s in her college and even if she doesn’t have a lot of friends Jessica is a good person.

Donghae: Sorry but can you just tell me what you’re trying to say?

Jang: Jessica is not living in a fairy tale world be careful with your words.

            Jang turned her back on him but he stopped her.

Donghae: What do you mean?

Jang: She…lost her mother a few years ago because of…cancer. They used to be wealthy before but…because of what happened they lost all their savings. I don’t know what you’re going through but I want you to know that there’s no such thing as a perfect fairy tale life. You’re old enough to know that.

 

            After that conversation with the lady Donghae’s conscience did not leave him. Throughout the day he can’t help but think of what he did to Jessica especially that she’s been good to him. He even felt so guilty when he remembered what he did to her last night, from being drunk, then in the police station, the hugging, and the vomiting. All of it is in his head that he can’t even concentrate in whatever he does.


 

[Cake Shop]

            Jessica goes straight to her best friend after her work. When she came in she saw that Yuri already has an assistant. He is not so tall but he has a nice built of body, his hair is in a Mohawk style and he has a very cute smile.

            He called Yuri but the helper told Jessica to just go inside her office.

Jessica: Yah! Is he the reason why you don’t have time to me anymore?

Yuri: Don’t be jealous and sit down. His name is Taeyang

Jessica: Aish. But…he’s cute.

Yuri: He’s an employee, don’t think anything.

Jessica: Are you busy?

Yuri: Why?

Jessica: Because I need to buy a cheap but nice dress because…because…Sunbae ask me out!

Yuri: Oh, really?!

Jessica: Deh! That’s why you also have to bake me a special cake, okay?

Yuri: No problem with that. Come on, hurry up let’s buy you a dress then you sleep in my place tonight so I can put some beauty products in your skin.

            She said excitingly as she reached Jessica’s hand then they went out to buy clothes for her date tomorrow.

 


 

[The Next Day]

 

            Jessica came out in the room wearing the cute dress with a hat that they bought yesterday. 

Jessica: How’s it?

Yuri: Of course beautiful.

        Don’t forget to smile, okay? Remember what I told you. If you can’t smile just pout your lips like this. (Showing her a pout lips)

Jessica: Okay, got it. Actually it became my habit now. (She said while pouting her lips)

            A call from Jessica’s phone cut their conversation. It’s from Donghae and she’s been receiving texts and calls from him since this morning but she just keeps on ignoring them.

Yuri: That person again?

Jessica: Yeh. I think he will not stop unless I answer him.

            She’s about to answer his call when Yuri snatch Jessica’s phone then she removed the battery and put it on Jessica’s bag.

Yuri: You’ve been waiting for this day, so don’t let him ruin it.

Jessica: You’re right.     

            Yuri, I just notice the whole night I was talking about myself but…you’ve been so quiet listening to me. I know you. Do you have problems?

            Even if Yuri wanted to lie she can’t do it because she knows she’ll not be able to escape from her best friend. They know each other very well that by just looking into their eyes they already know what they are thinking.

Jessica: Did Taeyang do something to you?

Yuri: Yah!

Jessica: Why? He’s cute and…and…the way he looked at you…

Yuri: It’s not him…It’s because these past few days I don’t get enough sales. Don’t my cakes taste good?

Jessica: Who said that it doesn’t taste good?! Of course they are delicious.

Yuri: If it continues like this, I will not be able to pay the rent.

Jessica: Give me your cakes and I will try to sell it in the company. Who knows they will like it and you’ll get discover?

Yuri: Oh, yeah. You’re right! How come I didn’t think of this? You’re really a business woman now, neh?

Jessica: Of course! (She said with a wink)           

Yuri: But now, let’s put some make up on. We don’t have much time left!

 


 

[Restaurant]

            In the restaurant Taecyeon, Manager Kang and Seohyun are all there waiting for Yoona to come. Manager Kang was the one who arrange it since they will all be busy for the next days so they have to settle it now. While waiting for her to come in that private room Seohyun did not let her glare down from Taecyeon.

Manager: Seohyun-ah. Stop that.

Seohyun: If she signs it, will you promise me something?

Taecyeon: What is it?

Seohyun: Don’t. Don’t ever hurt her because if you will hurt her again I don’t know what I can do to you.

Taecyeon: I will not let you do a horrible thing so don’t worry.

Manager: I told you they will die for each other.

            He teases but it’s only him who laughs at it. After a moment Yoona came in and sits next to Seohyun.

Taecyeon: Hello, everyone. So…let’s start?

            So they started their meeting, discussing the plans, talent fees, contract and so on. It lasted for more than an hour and in the meeting Taecyeon and Yoona can’t help but glance at each other. When they eyes meet they can’t help but feel awkward while the other two chuckle while watching them. In the end of the meeting Taecyeon succeeded and they sign the contract.

Manager: Well, we already need to go. (He said as he took Seohyun’s hand)

Seohyun: Where?

Manager: Somewhere. Let’s go.

            He pulls her after him until they reach the parking lot.

Seohyun: Ah, Manager Kang. Can I have my hand back?

Manager: Yeh. (He said as he releases her hand)

               Seohyun-ah, stop worrying about Yoona, okay?

Seohyun: Why? She’s my partner. How could you say that?

Manager: Not like that. What I mean is you sometimes forget of yourself. I’m your manager and I care for both of you. That’s why now I’m also telling you to take care of yourself.

Seohyun: Manager Kang. I don’t know why but…sometimes you’re really strange.

            Seohyun said innocently while Manager just gave her a smile.

 

Taecyeon: You did not eat much. Do you want something?

Yoona: No. I’m fine.

            Her stomach grumbles showing that she’s obviously hungry. So Taecyeon ordered another food for them. While waiting for the food Taecyeon took the opportunity to talk about them.

Taecyeon: Hye In, did you think about what I said before?

Yoona: Yes.

Taecyeon: So…will you let me?

            She pauses for a while because she said in herself that she needs to see in his eyes that he is really sincere. However, she did not only see that in his eyes but also he’s like a boy that is asking for forgiveness.   

 Yoona: Do whatever you want.

            His face lightens up and now has twinkle in his eyes.

Taecyeon: So that means…yes, right?

Yoona: What do you think?

Taecyeon: Just say it.

Yoona: Yes (She whispered shyly)

            Taecyeon covered his red face and Yoona chuckles as she watches him be adorable like that. However while Taecyeon is on cloud nine and can’t explain his happiness one person is waiting for him in a one cold night.     


 

 

            Donghae stops dialing his phone and just goes to her house since he can’t fight his conscience anymore. He keeps on knocking and pressing the doorbell but no one is answering. The land lady came and asks her what he is doing.

Land lady: What do you want?

Donghae: Do you know if Jessica is there?

Land lady: She did not come home last night. Maybe she’s with her friend. She has a cake shop just go there.

            The land lady told him the place of Yuri’s cake shop and so he did not waste any time and went there. When he got to the cake shop there were only few customers. He saw Yuri right away at the counter talking to the guy.

Donghae: Excuse me, but are you Yuri?

Yuri: Deh.

Donghae: I’m Donghae. Can we talk for a while?

            Yuri narrowed her eyes when she heard that name. She leads him in her office and as soon as the door closes Yuri gave Donghae a punch making his nose bleed.

Donghae: Why did you do that?!

Yuri: That’s for hurting Jessica. Now we can talk.

Donghae: I did not mean it, okay? So chill.

Yuri: Whatever. So what do you want?

Donghae: You’re really strong for a girl.

              By the way I came here to ask where Jessica is. I need to talk to her right away.

Yuri: You can’t.

Donghae: You can’t say that to me! You don’t know what I’m going through right now because of what I did to her! I…I just need to apologize to her. So please…tell me where she is.

Yuri: She’s on a date. You can’t just go there and spoil it.

Donghae: A d-date? (He ask confused)

            I’m not going to spoil it; I just can’t take my conscience anymore. I need to see her and apologize to her right now.

Yuri: They are supposed to meet in the park but it’s already been 2 hours so maybe they’re somewhere now.

Donghae: Do…do you know the guy?

Yuri: His name is Taecyeon.

            Yah! Don’t you even dare to ruin their date.

Donghae: I won’t.

            Donghae then remember what Eunhyuk told him a while ago that he saw Taecyeon came out in a restaurant with Yoona because he is spying on him. Again, Donghae did not waste any more time and goes to the park with his car.

 

 

Thank you for reading!!! 

What can you say about chapter 6? Tell me, tell me te-te-tetell me... <3 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^_^

 


 

Quote for today:

GOD BLESS YOU! <3