CHAPTER 7: YOU FOUND ME

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            When he got to the park he saw that it’s already dark and cold. He looked everywhere until his eyes landed in one place and then he found her. There’s only one light post in that park and under it is a bench. He saw her sitting there with a box on the top of her lap. Donghae slowly walks over and even if she’s been waiting there for hours, when she saw his feet she looks up excitingly.  But her excitement fades away when she saw the face that she’s not expecting to be there. She looks away but Donghae did not move from his place.

Donghae: Finally, I found you. (He said under his breath)

Jessica: What are you doing here?

Donghae: I came here for you. You, why are you still here?

Jessica: I’m waiting for someone.

Donghae: Let’s go. He will not come.

Jessica: Leave me alone.

Donghae: I said he will not come. You’ve been here for hours.

            He took her hand and felt that it’s really cold but Jessica quickly took it right away.

Donghae: Why are you still waiting? Are you going to stay here all night?!

Jessica: Why do you suddenly care?!

            Her words and her teary eyes caught him off guard.

Jessica: We’re not related or even friends, remember?! So just go.

Donghae: (He gulps) … I was wrong and I’m sorry. I shouldn’t…have said those things especially about your family. If you only knew how my conscience kept on hunting me.

            He sits down beside her then he took off his jacket and put it on to her. But Jessica did not move or look at him but she just sits there and in the end she breaks down and cries.

Jessica: I know…I know that he will not come…but I just think that maybe…he will suddenly appear.

            She said feeling so rejected and then she wipes her tears away.

Donghae: I understand you…Because I do that. I always wait for my Mom to come back and even if…it’s already obvious that she will never coming back…I keep my faith on and do my own ways to find her.

Jessica: But…tell me, why? Why do I always experience this? Why do people keep on ignoring me?

Donghae: Because they…they only see you but don’t look at you.

            They look into each other’s eyes and Donghae takes out his handkerchief and wipes her tears. He puts her head in his shoulders and lets her cry out. Then there was a moment of silence between them until Donghae took her cold hand and helped her up.

Donghae: You’ve wasted a lot of time here, so…let’s go.

            Jessica did not oppose anymore and just let him lead the way. They ride in his car and the next thing she knew they are on an amusement park. It’s already close since it’s really late however when the security saw Donghae they let them in. Actually, before he went to the park Donghae already made a call to his friend who is the owner of the amusement and ask him if he can use it. Since they are close friends he allowed him to use it that night.

Jessica: How did you? (Surprise)

Donghae: This is my friend’s amusement park. Unfortunately we can’t use the rides but…will you take a walk with me?

            He said as he comically offers his hand, Jessica smile back and gave her hand to him. They walk around the park and what is amusing is when they pass by the lights goes on revealing beautiful view in the place. They go on and on and Jessica is really happy while looking at the lights as if it’s her first time to see them but it’s because she’s never been to that place before that’s why she’s really amaze to see the very beautiful place with houses, gardens, statues and castles, fountains, light posts that lights on when they passes by.

            Donghae stopped in one place in front of crane catch machines.

Donghae: Well, I think this is the only game that we can play.

Jessica: You want to play? The first one to take the stuff toy is the winner.

Donghae: (He crosses his arms) nah, I don’t play without any punishment. If I win I’m going to hit you in your forehead 3 times.

            They positioned themselves in front of the machines and they both count from 3-2-1! It was Jessica who first moved the joys stick and looked for her prey and so she saw her favorite cartoon character, Pikachu! She quickly took it however it dropped only inches away from the hole. In the other hand, Donghae did not look for his favorite stuff toy and just took the nearest one and so he got the Pinocchio stuff toy right away. When Jessica already has the Pikachu stuff toy Donghae is already done.

Donghae: (Smirking) I win you lose. Be ready. 

Jessica: Ish.

            While she’s so unguarded he walks towards her, flick his finger and hit Jessica’s forehead making her almost jump in place. He laughs at her reaction and so she gesture like hitting him back. The next one she closes her eyes and when he hit her forehead she whine in pain because he hit her hard.

Jessica: Yah! I’m a girl too, don’t be so harsh.

            She said with pout lips. As Donghae look at her he can’t help but stare at her actions and it makes his heart pound fast like it never did before. She fixes her bangs and then faces him now with eyes open to watch him. Seeing her being cute like that he can’t even dare to hit her strong again so instead of hitting her he put his thumb in her reddish forehead and brush it lightly. Jessica looked at him confused of his actions but she just think that he’s just being a gentleman.

            After some time they decided to go back home now. Donghae dropped her in the apartment and before she gets out from his car she notices the stuff toy that he got a while ago.

Jessica: Oh, that’s Pinocchio right? You like him?

Donghae: Of course not, it’s so happen that he’s the closest.

Jessica: You know what I think? Pinocchio and you are just the same.

Donghae: Yah! Don’t say that! I’m not a wooden puppet liar!

Jessica: It’s not about that. But because your struggling like him to be a happy free boy. But in your case the only way for you to be a boy is when you finally find your Mom. Because that’s the only time when the pain in your wooden chest will be healed. (She said as she point at his heart)

Donghae: Who is this girl? Why does she say things like she understands me so well?

Jessica: Donghae-ah! Are you okay?

Donghae: I don’t want that puppet! Let’s just exchange!

            He took Pikachu and gave Pinocchio to her. Even if she wanted to oppose she just can’t as Donghae did a lot for her today and he’s just asking for a simple request so she just lets him. After the exchange Jessica say her goodbye to him. While Donghae stayed in his car and watch her go inside her apartment. He was about to start the engine when he notice Pikachu and as he stared at it he can’t help but picture Jessica’s pouting face in its face. It made him smile but then he shook his head.

Donghae: Ah, what am I thinking?

            Donghae drove off and he still can’t get over of what happened tonight. It just made him smile and excited whenever he remembers it. However he suddenly stopped his car when he remembers that he still needs to do something.

 


 

            Taecyeon gives Hye In a ride back to their dorm but the awkwardness between them is still there. They are so quiet and their conversations are too short and most of the time it’s about the promotion. When they got in front of their dorm building since there are no people around Taecyeon took the opportunity to break the awkwardness between them. He asks her to get out of the car and stand in front of the car.

Yoona: What are we going to do here?

Taecyeon: Well, let’s introduce ourselves. Hello. My name is Lee Taecyeon.

Yoona: Hello, I’m Im Hye In. So… what now?

Taecyeon: Hye In-ah, I like you and I love you. Actually I’m a fan.

Yoona: Really?

Taecyeon: Deh.

Yoona: Then could you sing and dance three of our songs?

Taecyeon: Huh, don’t you know I was a beast in dancing when I was in high school.

Yoona: (Shrug her shoulders) I don’t know.

            He positioned himself, takes a deep breath and then he started singing one of their ballad songs entitled Angel’s Tears. At first Hye In is really impress with his performance but then when he started his second song Hye In can’t stop laughing while watching it because he started doing the girly moves for the second song named Foxy Lady. He performed it comically that’s why it’s funnier. But she even laughed harder when he performed their popular song Puppy Love. He sings it while dancing in its steps doing cute moves and imitating their facial expressions.

            In that moment the awkwardness between them finally breaks and so they feel comfortable with each other again. Taecyeon waves at Hye In goodbye with a huge smile in his face. She wave back and when she’s finally gone Taecyeon went back to his car. He was so glad and now he is more confident than before. However his wandering happy thoughts cut when he receives a call from someone he hasn’t seen and heard for a long time.

 

 


 

[Park]

            The two brothers meet at the cold dark night at the park. Both don’t look please as they look at each other.

Taecyeon: It’s…

            Donghae did not let him finishes his sentence and just gives Taecyeon a blow in the face. Taecyeon gets up confused. 

Taecyeon: What is your problem? (He grabs the collar of Donghae)

Donghae: You! You are my problem! You always get all the love from the people around you but you don’t know how to value them!

Taecyeon: Huh, That sounds ironic. You said that but you’re not capable of caring and loving others.

            Donghae pushes him away.

Taecyeon: Are you happy now with your life?

            He asked in a firm tone but when you look in his eyes you can see that he is hurting.

Donghae: Yes, I am. Because I don’t have to live in a wrong family!

            It all started after their father’s death which is unexpected and shocking. Donghae was the last person to talk to him and everyone blame him for Mr. Lee’s death except for Ji Won and Taecyeon who can’t accept what happened.

            After his death Taecyeon’s grandfather who is the father of Mrs. Han started to mingle in the business and also in their family. He particularly and always points at Donghae, saying things about his studies, personality and even about his mother that made him isolate himself more and finally moved out from their house. Mrs. Han also changes on how she treats Donghae. Before his husband’s death she doesn’t give much attention of whatever Donghae do. But after the incident she started to act like her father, she treated him like her puppet wanting to do things under her control. And lastly, his brother Taecyeon, that can’t accept what happened and was on a denial until a wall was build between him and Donghae.

Taecyeon: You pushed us away remember?

Donghae: It’s because you can now see me the same way they look at me. (Then he turned his back from Taecyeon). By the way in case you are wondering why I called you; I did that for my friend that you kept on waiting in this cold night.

            He walks away and that’s when only Taecyeon realizes that he asked out Jessica yesterday.

 


 

[The Next Day]

[Donghae’s Apartment]

 

            Kyu Chan went to Donghae’s apartment the next morning to talk about their next plan which is creating rally in the airport of HDY. However since the moment they sat down and talk about it Donghae’s mind is wandering. His mind is still about last night with Jessica, he’s reminiscing every moment like it was a long time ago. And when he looks at Pikachu which is displayed beside his bed he can’t help but picture the pouting face of Jessica. That’s why when they ask him about his opinion he doesn’t know what to answer.

Donghae: ...

Eunhyuk: I think let’s just continue this tomorrow.

Kyu Chan: Okay.

            He fixes his things and went out.

Eunhyuk: Donghae, what’s happening to you?

Donghae: Huh?

Eunhyuk: These past few days you are acting so strange. A few days ago you are irritated and frustrated but now you are dreamy.

Donghae: You’re just overanalyzing me.

Eunhyuk: I know you so well that I don’t have to overanalyze you. Tell me…are you…in love?

Donghae: Aish.

Eunhyuk: Huh, be careful Love is the weakness of Revenge. 

 

 

Thank you for reading and sorry for the late update... ^^

I hope you'll like this chapter.  So what can you say about it?

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^_^

 


 

Quote for today:

GOD BLESS YOU!!! <3