CHAPTER 9: TAKEN

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

[Outside the HDY building]

            Since their project was success, Taecyeon scheduled a meeting to the TG to let his team meet them but since he’s not yet there his team just waited for him outside.

            While waiting for their team leader, Jessica ordered his favorite cake to partly congratulate him for the success project. Taeyang is to deliver it to her. However he was caught in a heavy traffic so he told her to just go where he is which is not far from the building. Jessica excuses herself and told her co-workers to wait for her. She ran fast to take it from Taeyang  and when she finally got it  Jessica immediately went back to them only to find out that they’re already gone. So she has to wait and call for a taxi.    

 

            Donghae was driving back to his apartment when he passes by to their building and there he saw Jessica calling for a taxi. So he turned back and park in front of her. When she saw him she was a bit surprised and felt awkward especially after thinking about what happened last night but she made up her mind that she will act like it was nothing to her.

Donghae: Need a ride?

Jessica: No. I already have a taxi.

Donghae: I don’t think so. Looks like you’re in a hurry so just get in.

Jessica: I said no. Go!

Donghae: Aish. You should just say yes to a handsome guy like me.

Jessica: Then find some girls that will easily say yes to you.

Donghae: Stop playing hard to get.

Jessica: (Gave him a look) …

Donghae: Yah! Don’t give me that look.

            Their conversation cuts off when Jessica’s phone rings.

Jessica: Hello? Sunbae.

Taecyeon: Where are you? You said you’ll just follow.

Jessica: Ah…

            She was speechless for a second because she can’t believe that her teammates will lie.

Jessica: I’m on my way. Sorry. I’m on the taxi right now. I’ll be there.

Taecyeon: Okay, if you say so.

            Then he hangs up the phone.

Donghae: Oops. Someone’s lying. (He teases)

            With no choice she gets in the car and Donghae drove off. While on the way Donghae notices the box of cake that she’s carrying and suddenly he got annoyed by it assuming that she bought it for Taecyeon.

Donghae: Is that for someone’s birthday?

Jessica: No. It’s for Taecyeon.

Donghae: Why are you bringing a cake for him?

Jessica: Because I want to.

Donghae: Why? (He practically shouted)

Jessica: That’s none of your business.

            Donghae suddenly stopped his car and look into her eyes.

Donghae: He’s my friend’s boyfriend! It’s my business!

Jessica: Ex-boyfriend.

Donghae: Whatever. They belong to each other and they’ve been through a lot so just stop!

Jessica: But I’m not ruining anything!

Donghae: Yes you are! Whatever you do you will never go in between them. They might not be together anymore but what they feel for each other is very strong! So just stop that now because in the end you will just get hurt and…

            He stopped and can’t say the words that his heart telling him to say.

Jessica: And what? (She ask with tears in her eyes)

Donghae: And…and I don’t want to see that.

            Donghae looks deeply into her wide eyes. She was surprise when she heard it then feels confuse and the next thing she knew she’s out of the car walking by herself. Donghae wanted to follow her but all he can do that time is to watch her.

            Jessica took a couple of walks to think things and when she gets to the studio Jessica pretended a smile and apologized to them.

Taecyeon: It’s okay. Just be on time next time.

            Then his teammates left again to watch the TG while Taecyeon stayed with Jessica.

Taecyeon: Oh, is that a cake from your best friend. Who are you giving that to?

             She did not respond right away and was a bit hesitant to answer because she remembers what Donghae told her a while ago.

Jessica: Ah, it’s for the Twins. Can you give it to them?

Taecyeon: Nothing for me? (He said cutely)

Jessica: (Looks away) maybe next time…I’m really sorry for being late.

Taecyeon: Stop saying that. It’s really fine. (Smile)

Jessica: … I have to go.

            Taecyeon noticed that she looks sad that day and how she is avoiding him so he took her to a place where they can talk privately.

Taecyeon: Are you okay? You don’t look good. You can tell me anything. Remember I’m your “oppa.”         

Jessica: Don’t say that. I don’t have a brother.

Taecyeon: What are you talking about? I told you, you are my dongsaeng.

            He used a charming and a cute voice trying to get Jessica but this time is different as she faces him with beseech and weariness.

Jessica: Sunbaenim, stop it. Stop… treating me like this! I know that you two are made for each other. I know that! And…he is right.

Taecyeon: J-Jessica. (Confused)

Jessica: But it’s…really hard for me to forget what I feel because on how you care for me…If you continue this it’ll only continue to hurt me. So please…stop and just treat me like the others.

            Taecyeon watches her walk away and cannot do anything to stop her as Jessica already asked him not to.

 


 

[The Next Day]

 

            The next day Donghae is still on with his revenge against his family. He wanted this time to destroy their reputation in the HDY Airlines so he called the media to show the problems of the Airlines. Everyone is ready and even Kyu Chan is standing in a corner to watch what will happen while Donghae and Eunhyuk are in a coffee shop waiting for the news. However in just a second everything that they planned changes when the Grandfather appeared in the screen.

            Of course everyone knows who he is. He is the father of Mrs. Han. Before merging with the company of Mr. Lee, Mr. Han’s company was the number one in Korea. But since he wanted to retire and he only has one child he decided to make an arrange marriage between his daughter and Mr. Lee. Just like it was said before even if he’s not that active in the company anymore he’s still has a lot of power in it especially now that Mr. Lee is dead.

Mr. Han: We called a conference to announce that we will launch the biggest airplane in Asia! We want you guys to know it first. So please look forward to it!

            He smiles, posing for a couple of pictures then he excuse himself and did not answer any of the questions. Truly, he is an expert in this business.

            Piss off, Kyu Chan phone called Donghae right away.

Kyu Chan: What should we do now? We can’t let this happen.

Donghae: We cannot do anything. That guy is something. If we continue this it’ll be our downfall for sure.

Kyu Chan: What? We’ll just let this away. We have lots of plans to close the airline.

Donghae: I said we can’t! He is stronger than he looks like.

            Disappointed he hangs up and walks away while Donghae is still in surprise to see Mr. Han again.

 


 

             It’s been a while since Jessica saw his father because after getting the job in HDY she hasn’t been visited her home yet. That’s why she’s really excited to see him even though they regularly make phone calls with each other but of course that’s not enough. Before, Mr. Jung is a Manager of a company but when his wife got sick he cannot balance his time and also got a lot of debts with his office mates leading him to quit his job. That’s why when she got the job Jessica told him to stop working and now it’s her turn to give money to him.

            Jessica and her father met at the bus stop and they greeted each other with a warm hug. Since they don’t have a car they ride on a bus.

Mr. Jung: You’re getting prettier every day.

Jessica: Of course I have a good fashion sense like Mom.

Mr. Jung: I know. You two really have a lot in common.

Jessica: (Smiles) So… how are you in the house, Appa?

Mr. Jung: Ah…F-fine.

            However she smells something fishy with her Appa’s reaction and answer. So she stares at him in the while he’s looking outside the window. Then Jessica saw something inside his jacket.

Jessica: Appa, this is…a uniform. I told you not to work.

Mr. Jung: Aish. I’m working because… I want to. I’m so bored in the house. Besides, I’m not a construction worker there. I’m the assistant of the Engineer.

            He said showing his ID to his daughter to prove that he’s telling the truth.

 


 

[Grave]

 

            When they got to the grave they set everything for her. Then they both bowed to a special person of their lives.

Jessica: Appa, How do you think Mom look like now?

Mr. Jung: Every day I always think of that. Imagining her with perm curly brown hair, wearing a dress and still has a wrinkle skin like me. However, I always see the same lady… and not the future her.

            He looks away trying to hide his tears. Even if it’s been years already since his wife died his mind still thinks that sometimes she’s just around watching them. That’s why he doesn’t like showing his tears. 

Jessica: While we grow old she will stay the same. Young and beautiful, I think she really likes that. (She said to brighten up the mood.)

Mr. Jung: Yeah, she does. (Smiling)

            They stayed there for hour and then after that Mr. Jung tells her that he will left first because he’s still has some things to do. So they said their goodbyes with each other.

 


 

[Twin’s Apartment]

            It was already late in the afternoon when the Twins got home from an interview. Yoona quickly went into her room and changes clothes while Seohyun opens their wide screen TV and watch a DVD of Keroro which her fans gave her. She’s happily watching it when she notices Yoona sneaking out of their apartment wearing a cap, face mask and a scarf.

Seohyun: Unni, where are you going? (She asked innocently)

Yoona: Shh… I’ll go out. I’m so bored here. You wanna come?

Seohyun: But we still…have practice at 8.

Yoona: Aish. That’s why I will go out. This will be the last free time that we have. Tomorrow we will start our promotions. Just tell Manager that I’m taking a bath. Don’t worry I’ll be back before 8. Bye!

Seohyun: But…Unni…

            She called but Yoona is already gone and so she did not waste anymore time. She rides in a taxi which she haven’t done for a long time that’s why she got too excited. She went on a market and there she saw the foods that she really misses. becomes watery and her stomach grumbles so Yoona ordered all the foods and ate it like she hasn’t eaten for months. She sits in a corner where there are no much people so no one recognizes her. But when she feels like someone is staring suspiciously at her she will coolly leaves the place to prevent things from happening. She went out with a food in and acted like nothing happened. She continues walking when she saw a store selling cute key chains and so she went there. There were lots of cute and well designed things there not only key chain, that’s why Yoona can’t help but buy things. She bought a lot not for her but for Seohyun since there are lots of Keroro stuffs.  Yoona continue to walk outside but then she notices that some school girls are following her that’s when she realizes that she lost her cap.

Yoona: Aigoo

            She ran again and when finally lost them Yoona saw that it’s already time for her to go back. So she called for a taxi however the next thing happened was very fast. The taxi driver walks behind her takes out her face mask and covered that puts her to sleep. 

 

❖❖❖❖

Thank you so much for reading! Hope to see more of your comments or suggestions for my story and if you aren't subscribe yet please click the subscribe button! Bye ^^!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!! <3