CHAPTER 5: I WON'T GIVE UP

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

[Few Years Ago]

[Flashback]

            Taecyeon is still in college and it was his first time to ride in a train as he wanted to try it even for once. The bus is pack that he needs to use a force just to get in. But despite of the very crowded and suffocated place he is still enjoying it. However because it’s his first time and wasn’t really paying attention he misses his stop and lost in a place he barely knows. His phone is empty battery that’s why he can’t use it. He walks around the place and he found out that it’s a very nice place with a beach and warm breeze of wind. Taecyeon goes to a hill near the beach and watch the beautiful scenery but then he heard someone talking like she’s having a fight with someone. The female’s voice is coming from behind the tree and so he went over and listens to the conversation.

Girl: What am I to you? Did you really love me? Answer me!

            But Taecyeon did not hear any answer from the guy but the girl continue to tell him how she loves him.

Girl: Don’t leave me! You better kill me now than leave me because of that girl! I’m begging you!

       I don’t care anymore of this life!

            Now he heard her crying and he can feel the pain with each of her words.

Girl: If you don’t want to kill me then I’ll do it myself!

            After hearing that Taecyeon quickly takes action and showed himself.

Taecyeon: Stop! Don’t…

            In his surprise there’s only one person there and that’s the girl. He then realizes she’s just having a rehearsal and all of it is just acting. But what really caught his eyes and stopped his world is the girl’s beautiful face despite of her tears. He was frozen from his place while the girl can’t take it and laugh out loud! It was their first meeting but he totally fell in love with her.


 

            Jessica waited for Taecyeon outside the building because he’s not returning any of her calls. So after a few more minutes she just decided to go home. On her way she meets Donghae who is on his motorcycle.

Donghae: Hey, you need a ride?

Jessica: No. I’m fine.

Donghae: Are you sure? Don’t worry this is free.

            She accepted it not because it’s free but because she wanted to go home right away. She doesn’t understand why but she feels very tired that time.

 

[In front of her apartment building]

 

Jessica: Thanks. But…are you really sure that Yoona and Taecyeon are together?

Donghae: As far as I know yes. But…that was a long time ago. (He shrugs)

Jessica: Okay. (She said then she turns around)

Donghae: Jessica!

            She stopped and turns around to face him

Donghae: Do you…like him?

Jessica: …

            Jessica did not answer but Donghae already understood her gesture.

Donghae: As always…he gets all the love…

 


 

[The Next Day]

 

            The shaft of sunlight in her face made Yoona woke up then she sits up and looks around to unfamiliar place. She looked at herself and she’s still wearing the same clothes that she had last night. The smell of delicious food put her into her feet and walks out of the room to check who is cooking. In her surprise she saw Taecyeon busy cooking in the kitchen.

Yoona: T-Taecyeon?

            He looks at her with a smile and that’s when Yoona remembered what happened last night.

Yoona: How could you…?

Taecyeon: Listen first, okay?

Yoona: How could you do this? You kidnap me just because you wanted to talk?!

Taecyeon: Yes, but…

Yoona: Don’t you have any respect left to me? What do you want?

Taecyeon: I want you to listen!

                 Yes, I did this to talk to you. But your manager also told me that you needed a break because you overwork yourself. So he told me to take you somewhere you can relax.

                 You did not give me a choice. I know you will not go with me that’s why I have to do that.

Yoona: He…told you that?

Taecyeon: Yes, if you don’t believe me you can give him a call.

            Yoona look away and she knows that he’s telling the truth because Taecyeon is a person who is really bad in lying that’s why she can easily check on him. With no more words she sat down in the kitchen and started to eat the food that Taecyeon prepared. He is very happy that Yoona stayed there, so he sits with her and glances at Yoona every now and then with a smile in his face.

Taecyeon: So…what is your plan after this? Do you want to go out?

Yoona: I’ll just stay here.

Taecyeon: Just stay here? I can tour you if you want.

Yoona: I’m already old enough to take care of myself. If I will go out, I can do it alone.

            She did what she said and so after eating her breakfast Yoona fixes herself with new clothes, cap, glasses, and mask and then she goes out to breathe some fresh air leaving Taecyeon alone in the house.


 

[Restaurant]

Donghae: So how’s it?

Kyu Chan: Everything is set.

Donghae: Okay good. Now is the right time.

Kyu Chan: Okay.

            Kyu Chan walks out first to finalize everything while Donghae just stayed there.

Donghae: It’s show time.           

            In the event hall of the HDY Hotel there is a gathering because of a Congressman’s birthday. Many influential people and Medias are there to celebrate the birthday of the famous Congressman. Of course Mrs. Han and Ji Won is there since they own the hotel and also Mrs. Han is one of his acquaintances. They were all having a good time when suddenly the lights went off. It did not bother them for a few seconds because they know the generator will run however it stayed the same. Everyone wondered what happened and the governor’s body guards surrounded him for protection. Someone tried to open the doors but they were all locked!

Mrs. Han: (Whisper) Ji Won, check out what is happening quickly.  

            Ji Won used her phone to call but there’s no signal so she just quickly looked for a door where she can go out. While looking for a door someone caught her eyes. A familiar figure is standing in one corner and even if it’s quite dark with only candle as their light Ji Won is sure whom she saw is someone that she knows however because it’s far and dark in where he is standing she did not see his face clearly. Ji Won was about to go over him when the lights and one guest screamed. They all turn their heads at the ceiling with terrified eyes. The posters of the Congressman got vandalized! The guards were not able to control the people and they opened the door and this time they are now unlock. Everyone left the event hall until only Mrs. Han and Ji Won left there.

Mrs. Han: Whoever did this surely likes to ruin the party or the hotel’s name.

Ji Won: But why would they like to ruin the hotel.

Mrs. Han: Jealous people always do these stupid things. Ji Won, I want you to call your brother and tell him to go home right away. We need him to talk to the reporters.

Ji Won: I can do that.

Mrs. Han: You can’t. You don’t look convincing enough.

Ji Won: But he’s is on a vacation so…let’s just let him.

Mrs. Han: He’s on a vacation? Okay then just tell him to go back early.

               You cannot do it but you need to find out who did this.

Ji Won: Yes, I will.


 

            On the other hand Yoona goes to the market and brought spices and food that she could bring back home. She also bought some street foods like dukkboki and fish cakes. Since they are on a village the people think that she’s just typical person since they never thought a celebrity will go there for a vacation unless it’s a shooting. Yoona gets thirsty so she went to a small convenience store to buy a drink. She looks for a drink and saw that their faces are in the bottle. With no choice since it’s the only drink that they are selling she took it and paid it in the counter. While waiting for her turn Yoona spotted a guy on a counter staring at her. She is very familiar with this kind of stare, she always gets it when she disguises and goes to buy a coffee or foods outside. However, she’s really thirsty after eating a lot of foods so she continues acting like a normal person. When it’s already her turn the guy’s eyes are still on her.

Guy: Excuse me, but can you please remove your cap and mask.

Yoona: (Change voice) I can’t. I have a very big scar in my face.

Guy: Huh, so it’s you! Hey! Help me here!

Yoona: (Change voice) what?

            The guy called for help and in just a second another guy is behind her. People are staring at them and she knows she’s in trouble now.

Yoona: What are you doing?

Guy: Hold her! We’ve been looking for you. You’ve been shop lifting in every store but now you cannot escape from us!

Yoona: Yah! I’m not a shop lifter!

Guy: Don’t lie! You just said you have a big scar! You cannot hide from this picture!

            The guy showed a picture of a lady with a scar on her face and on the other side she’s wearing a cap and a mask same like Yoona.

Yoona: This is just a mistake! Let go off me!

            She was able to escape with the second guy behind her but because there is a person in the door she will still not be able to go out from that place.

Yoona: I told you, it’s not me! You have to let me go.

Guy2: If you’re not the criminal then remove your cap and mask.

            They will not let her go away without seeing her face so she really don’t have any choice but to remove her cap and mask. Yoona first takes off her cap revealing a long, brown silky hair. However, they look like they are not contended with that so slowly she removes her mask and quickly move her head down.

Guy: Show us your face! Let us see your scar!

            Pissed off, slowly she lifted up her face. The guy was surprise to see the very familiar face that he even made sure by looking to the poster in his side.  

Guy: Y-yoo…Yoona-ssi!

            Everyone got intrigued and they started to mob her. Yoona tried to get away with them but they are all now asking for her autograph and pictures so she needed to grant their requests first. However, suddenly out of nowhere someone grab her hand and pulled her out from the crowd. It was Taecyeon who took her and instead being angry she saw him with wide smile.

Taecyeon: Run!

            He pulled her after him and they ran as fast as they could to escape from them. Since it happened so fast they did not able to follow the two. Taecyeon and Yoona stopped in a quiet place under a tree gasping for air. They look at each other and they laugh of what happened. But then when they realized that they are still holding each other’s hand they immediately stop and took it back. So there was an awkward moment between the two for just a while.

Yoona: Ah…I-it’s already late…I think I should go back now.

            She was about to walk away but then Taecyeon said something.

Taecyeon: Hye In-ah, I’m sorry. (He said as he walks in front of Yoona)

                  I’ve hurt you so much, so much that I know it’ll be difficult for you to forgive me.

Yoona: Why? Why are you doing this?

Taecyeon: Because…I still love you. But I did not came back to win your heart…I came back…to start again.

Yoona: I already started my life without you and so far… it’s much better than when I was with you.

            Tears formed in his eyes as he heard those words from her like it has a sword going in to his heart. Yoona walks away but then his call made her stop again.

Taecyeon: Hye In-ah. I won’t give up! I will never…turn my back on you again! I will do anything…anything for you to feel love again. I will never let go of you, never.


 

            That night Kyu Chan and Donghae celebrated their success in a club. Eunhyuk is not there with them since he has some things to do. Kyu Chan buys him all the drinks and is really enjoying but Donghae on the other hand is just physically present. He can’t get out of his mind the face of Ji Won when he saw her a while ago. Because even if he really hates his family Ji Won has a special place in his heart since she’s the only family who sincerely cared and believed in him and seeing her a while ago makes him think twice of his plans against his family. He drinks a lot that night that he did not even know where he is going, he just followed on where his feet leads them.

            The weather that night is good so Jessica decided to take a walk to think of things. After finding out the relationship of Taecyeon and Yoona she can’t stop thinking of what chances she has. She knows she don’t stand a chance against his first love and a perfect girl like Yoona but she still believes in fairy tale like story. That maybe he will fall in love with her. But before she reaches her apartment building Jessica receives a call from police station because of Donghae. Even if she’s confuse about it she still went there.

[Police Station]

Police: He’s drunk and is in detention because he was involved in ramble.

Jessica: But…why me?

Police: Don’t you know him? Oh, sorry…we called the first number in his phone because he doesn’t have any identification.

Jessica: No, I know him. I’ll…take care of him.

Police: Good. You just need to sign some papers.

            After signing and fixing all the papers Jessica quickly helped him up; with all her might she carries and takes him to her apartment. Jessica carried him then threw him in her bed.

Jessica: Aigoo! So heavy! Why are you so drunk? Aish…

            But as she looks into his beaten face Jessica cannot help but pity him. So she removes his shoes; put a pillow under his head and a blanket to make him comfortable.  She turns to get a water to put beside him but then suddenly Donghae gets up and gave her a back hug. Jessica was surprise and shook herself to wake him up but he did not even move a little.

Jessica: Donghae! Wake up! Wake up!

Donghae: Omma…Omma…please, don’t leave. Don’t leave me again.

Jessica: Yah! I’m not your Omma! Donghae-ah, wake up!

            She tried to break from his arms but he is too strong for her.

Donghae: You’re all I’ve got. So…please don’t go. Please…

            Jessica felt his painful tears streaming down in his face so instead of pushing him away she just let him like that.

Jessica: Its okay, it’s okay. Don’t cry.

            He continued to cry in her shoulders like Jessica is really his mother. It was her first time to see him sad like this but she got teary eyed after she heard him beg for his mother to not leave him. They stayed like that until Donghae stop crying and suddenly he surprise her again by throwing up on her.

Jessica: Ish!!! (She squeals)

 

 

Thank you so much for reading!!!

What can you say about this chapter? 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^_^

 


 

Quote for today:

GOD BLESS YOU! <3