CHAPTER 14: SIBLING'S REUNION

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            It’s been days since the scandal spread in the internet and now it’s just like a storm that passed by. Everything’s back to normal now but what happened made a big impact to Yoona. She started to feel scared of the Twins Generation’s career, that if ever she continues her relationship with Taecyeon it’ll be their end. Twin’s Generation is a pair and everything will be different if one of them falls down. Yoona realize a lot of things not only for her own self but also for Seohyun’s dreams and especially Taecyeon. That’s why after what happened Yoona started to avoid Taecyeon. She’s not answering his calls and she stays in her other girl friend’s house just to avoid him.

            On the other side, Taecyeon is so worried and confuse why Hye In is avoiding him. He tried to go to the dorm but she’s always not there. Seohyun and Manager Kang are avoiding his calls too. So to be able talk to Hye In, he has no choice but to hire someone to check in Twins schedules. However, until now Taecyeon doesn’t know anything about the scandal that happened just a few days ago.

            After a few hours the detective arrived and gave the schedule of the Twins.

 

Detective: They have a very hectic schedule. But they have an available time at 7:10 pm. However, it’s only for 2 hours because they need to go to another shooting for a CF.

Taecyeon: Okay. Thank you.

            Taecyeon already has a prepared plan on how to talk to Hye In, so what he needs to do is just wait for the time. He waited patiently and exactly half to 7 pm he leaves his office. He goes ahead at the Seoul Olympic Stadium as the Twins are having rehearsals for their upcoming solo concert. He arrives there at exactly 7 pm. Taecyeon saw the van of the Twins but they’re not inside it yet. Quickly, he changes his outfit into a maintenance worker and he calmly walks inside the stadium. He presented a fake ID and so he’s able to get in. Of course no one recognized him so he coolly walks around the stadium to look for Hye In. After a few minutes he finally saw her taking a rest at the back stage. He took the opportunity and goes towards her with his head down.

Taecyeon: (Still pretending) Excuse me. The producer likes to talk to you at your dressing room.

            Because Yoona is so tired she did not bother to look at the fake maintenance and she just goes to the dressing room. But of course the room is empty and nobody’s there until Taecyeon walks in and revealed himself to her with bright smile.

Taecyeon: Surprise!

Hye In: Taecyeon-ah. (Surprised)

Taecyeon: I’m sorry if I have to do this. I’m just really worried.

Hye In: You shouldn’t be here. There are some fans that are here.

Taecyeon: You’re not returning any of my calls and I know you’re avoiding me. So what do you want me to do? Just tell me the problem.

            Then suddenly the CEO knocks on the door calling for Yoona. She panicked when she heard his voice so she asked Taecyeon to hide himself in the closet. Then after he hides himself Hye In opened the door.

 


 

[Restaurant]

 

            Mr. Han and his daughter are having a breakfast in a restaurant. It’s President Han who called his father to talk about Taecyeon.

 

President Han: Do you know about it? He’s seeing Hye In again. I don’t think this is good. (She said worriedly)

Mr. Han: Why are you so afraid? There’s nothing to worry about. Because someday it’ll be better for the company to have her.

President Han: I’m not talking about the company. I’m worried about Taecyeon. You know how fans these days.

Mr. Han: You worry too much. What you need to do is to keep the media from finding out about it.

President: But…

Mr. Han: One more thing, you also need to look out Donghae. I heard that he’s dating someone in the company.  You need to watch. We still need to use him and falling in love with just like her is a big no for me, you know that.

President: Can we just leave him alone? I’ve already lots of things to deal with.

Mr. Han: You don’t have to use your children but we can use Donghae.

            President Han did not answer and just looks away still worrying about her own son.

 


 

[Twin’s Dressing Room]

 

CEO: Why are you still here? You need to practice.

Yoona: Okay sir, I’ll be going now.

CEO: Wait. I need to talk to you.

            So they sat down and as what Yoona observed it is something serious.

CEO: You saw what happened to Seohyun. I know you’ve been in a relationship before and what happened to you was very painful so I’m expecting that you’ve learned from it.

Yoona: D-deh.

CEO: One more thing, please look after Seohyun. She’s young and innocent even though she’s very smart everyone can be blind when it comes to love.

Yoona: But, Sir…do you still believe that they really had a relationship?

CEO: Who knows?

Yoona: Sir, they don’t have and it’s not even her fault that those pictures spread like that.

CEO: Whatever. Now go back to the stage.

Yoona: I’ll just fix on some things.

            Then the CEO left the room and Yoona locked the door then opened the closet. She got surprised when she saw him hyperventilating because of lack of oxygen inside. He looks really pale, sweating a lot, and is unconscious. That’s why Yoona got really worried.

Yoona: Taecyeon-ah, are… you okay? Wake-up! Taecyeon ah…

            She doesn’t know what to do and all she can think that time is to give him a CPR just like what she sees in TV. So with an adrenaline rush, she opened his mouth and gave her breath to him.

            It was already too late for Taecyeon to stop her and reveal that he’s just pretending that he’s unconscoius. That’s why when she saw him opened his eyes Yoona got so exasperated.

Taecyeon: Sorry. I really did not mean it but I was almost out of breath.

Yoona: Just leave…

Taecyeon: Hye In-ah…I’m really really sorry.

Yoona: Did you even listen of what our CEO said? I don’t think I can still continue this after the scandal of Seohyun. We can’t…do this anymore.

Taecyeon: What is it anything to do with us?

Yoona: It’s not only for me but also for Seohyun. So if you really care for me you will also care for the people that I love.

           

              Yoona left the room with no more words to say.

 


 

            Days have passed and things have been so cold between Donghae and Jessica. Whatever she does to talk to him, Donghae would just avoid her like she an air that he cannot see. Meanwhile Taecyeon and Yoona haven’t been communicating with each other. The two brothers can’t really get over of what happened to their love life. They are always moody and most of the time gloomy, its already affecting their job that’s why their sister Ji Won suggested to the President to let them have a leave even for just one day. She agreed right away to also let them take a rest.  But Ji Won has other motive; she wanted them to get along again. That’s why she both invited separately to a session for men on how to overcome a heart break. 

            It is an early conference where the five participants will meet and share their real feelings. Both brothers came late and ironically also met before entering the room.

Donghae: What are you doing here?

Taecyeon: Looks like noona set us up. Go if you don’t like it.

Donghae: Why should I be the first one leaving? Go, if you want.

            They both went in and since they’re already in the middle of the session the facilitator told them to introduce themselves.

Taecyeon: I’m Lee Taecyeon.

Donghae: Ah, I’m Lee Donghae. 

F (Facilitator): Wait. Are you guys related?

DongYeon: …

F: Ah…so tell us about your heart break.

Taecyeon: I’m in love with this girl for about 5 years now but I broke up with her few years ago. When I realized that I was wrong I started courting her again but just a week ago she told me to stop.

F: Okay, next please.

Donghae: Ah, I’m Lee Donghae.  It’s just about months ago when I met her then a few weeks later I realized I’m in love with her but she doesn’t feel the same way with me.

Participant1: Are you sure that you’re in love with her? Because it’s just for a short time.

Donghae: Are you saying that I’m wrong with my feelings?

Participant1: Deh. I don’t think its true love at all.

Taecyeon: Excuse me, but how dare you to say that? Have you watched their every move? Besides how can anyone tell when will love come to them?

F: Wait! Haha! We’re here to move on not to fight, okay?  So let’s just have the second session. May we ask everyone to close their eyes? Then imagine your ex-lovers.

            So they did what he told them to do.

F: Next put a black circle in her face. That’s what you need to do when you remember them. A black holw. You can do it guys until you’re able to forget everything about them.

            Everyone tried to do it even Donghae and Taecyeon. They are putting a big black circle to the faces of Jessica and Yoona. However, whenever they put on the circles in their images, Sicachu and DeerYoon only keep on appearing in their heads.  So Donghae and Taecyeon open their eyes.

F: Excuse me, please close your eyes.

            So all the participants opened their eyes curious of what is happening.

Donghae: I can’t do it.

F: You must try it. You’re here to forget, remember?

Donghae: I don’t want to! Everything that we had together is like a treasure for me that I should keep forever.

F: Aish! Please, you’re here to move-on. Come on!

Taecyeon: What we had, good or bad are the things that made us stronger. So why do we need to forget about it? We don’t have to forget but what we need is to accept.

            Taecyeon stands up as well as Donghae. The facilitator tried to stop them because it’ll be a bad impression so the brothers just ignored him and went out of the building.

            Outside, Taecyeon just realize how he misses Donghae that his little brother is still the same just like before. So as his older brother he thinks he needs to take the responsibility to fix everything about them. But before he even says a word Donghae already talk.

Donghae: Thank you for… backing me up there.

Taecyeon: No problem. I fell in love with Hye In at first sight, so I know. And…as your hyung I should really be doing that. 

            Donghae is surprise to hear it, he even thought that it’s just hallucination but then Taecyeon extended his hand to him gesturing a peace treaty between them. Donghae looked at it and doesn’t know what to do so Taecyeon has to take his hand and pulls to give him a hug.

Taecyeon: My brother… please forgive me for everything…

            Donghae is still at the state of shock and so he did not say anything the whole time and there are just tears in his eyes.


 

 [The Next Day]

 

            After being able to convince the Twins Generation, now is the day that they will perform and have the fan signing event at the mall. They performed two songs then a few interviews from the host of the event and after that is the fan signing. The fans lined up and everything went well. While the twins are signing the albums Yoona can’t help herself but look for one person, even if there’s a less chance that he’ll be there. It was cut short when a fan asks a picture with her which she gladly welcomes. While pausing for a picture the guy that she’s looking for passes by at the corner. However, he did not even look her way but instead he goes straight to Jessica who is standing at the side of the stage.

            Taecyeon can see Hye In at the corner of his eyes but he needs to control himself as more eyes are on them. So he ignored her and goes straight to Jessica. Taecyeon stared at Jessica but she’s zoning out and her eyes are on one person only. Aside from being guilty of what she did Jessica is also puzzle. Everything is clear about his feelings for her but she’s still confused on how and when he started have those feelings. She can’t find any reasons why he would fall for her and it even drives her crazy whenever she thinks about it.

            He followed her gaze and he saw his brother from a distance having conversation with other board of members. So he has to hit her forehead lightly just to wake her up.

Taecyeon: Jessica-ah… He’ll melt if you continue that. Talk to him and don’t just stand here. You must really thinking about him so deeply.

Jessica: No way. I’m not.

Taecyeon: Really? Are you worried about him?

Jessica: Why would I be?

Taecyeon: Jessica-ssi. I know those stares. Just admit it and it’ll be easier.

            Jessica did not answer and just pouts her lips. He by pinching her cheeks so she hit him in the arms and he acts like it really hurt. Little did they know that two other people are hurting by just watching them being like that with each other.

            Donghae is looking around and is very happy with the outcome of the event. He is glad to see everything went well for his very first project for the Mall. But when his eyes land on to Taecyeon and Jessica his smile fades away immediately.

            As the signing continues a fan noticed that Yoona keeps on glancing at Taecyeon and Jessica so he ask her curiously.

Fan: Do you know them? Did they do anything to you? Just tell us. We your fans will not anyone hurt you.

Yoona: No. No. I just miss my family especially my younger brother and sister.

Fan: They don’t look like a family. They look like a couple.

Yoona: R-really?

            She asked while looking down so that the fan will not see the tears in her eyes.

            Before the event ends Mr. Han showed up and takes over the stage. Everyone is surprised especially the brothers as they did not know that he’ll be there.

Mr. Han: Hello, everyone! Thank you for coming! We are very happy with this successful event. Of course, we want to thank the fans who bought the albums and the twins for accepting our invitation. But this will not be possible if no one made a way, right? So, I want to call my grandson!

            Donghae is very surprise to hear that. He did not expect that he will acknowledge him. He can’t even believe that it’s actually happening after a long time. But then all his expectation suddenly crashed by the reality.

Mr. Han: Lee Taecyeon!

            However, Taecyeon is not even surprise to hear his name and he goes up there to accept his acknowledgement.  

Taecyeon: Thank you, grandfather. Well, this is actually my idea because…because the Twins are very popular these days. But I’m not the one who fixed all these things. That’s why I want to call…

            He paused for a while to look at his brother.

Taecyeon: My brother and also the new General Manager of the mall. Lee Donghae.

            All eyes on him but unlike his brother he got surprise of his actions again. But he got even more surprise to hear that Taecyeon called him brother in front of all the people and camera. Now, this is reality that he is not expecting. Eunhyuk has to elbow him just to wake him up. Donghae walks slowly and as they meet at the stage they did a hand shake with a smile like a gesture of gratitude and forgiveness with each other.

            Donghae gave a short speech thanking all the people who helped him for his very first project. After that, some of the board of members congratulates him while Mr. Han just disappeared in the scene.

 


 

[Restaurant]

            After the event Ji Won invited her little brothers to a restaurant to finally fix the things between them. She showed up with a bright smile in her face while her brothers are still awkward.

Ji Won: Oh, I’m so happy!

Donghae: I still…don’t understand why?

Ji Won: Does he need a reason? We’re siblings. It’s been years now.

Donghae: But…it’s really unexpected.

Taecyeon: It’s all her plan. She told me beforehand that grandpa will do this so…so…she gave me the choice. But I also decided that it’s about time.

Ji Won: It’s for our father. I’m sure he’ll be happy to see us together. Donghae-ah…are you still mad at him?

Donghae: … (He looks away)

Ji Won: Taecyeon did the right thing, right? So are we good now?

Donghae: No.

Ji Won: What?

Donghae: I did a lot of things that I think I cannot change anymore…

Taecyeon: Shut up. Everything’s in the past now. Let’s not talk about it…and let’s have a fresh new start. (Smiles)

Ji Won: Yes! That’s great!

            Ji Won said as she hugged both of them.


 

[Later that night]

 

            A visitor came into the apartment of Donghae. It’s Kyu Chan and he wanted to clear all the things to Donghae after seeing everything in the news. However, it’s Eunhyuk who opened the door for him.

Kyu Chan: Where’s Donghae? I need to talk to him. I thought he’s one of me but what is he doing with the mall?

Eunhyuk: He has his own decisions. So don’t ever go on his way.

Kyu Chan: Donghae needs to choose of which side is he.

            Eunhyuk cannot decide at this part. Fortunately, Donghae decided to come out and face him.

Donghae: You want me to choose?

            He did not answer right away but then he remembered his siblings last night. So he stands straight and handed a check to him.

Donghae: This is for you to start a new life.

Kyu Chan: So, you’re backing out now?

Donghae: Yes, I can’t do this anymore. I also want to say sorry for the things that my family did to you.

Kyu Chan: What I want is to take revenge.

Donghae: Please…just start a new life. Go and forget all the things that happened. I’ll give you a recommendation so you can get a job easily.

            Kyu Chan did not talk anymore but he accepted the check.

Donghae: Thank you…I’ll just send the papers to you.

            And so Donghae really ended his business with Kyu Chan. He left the apartment and did not call Donghae again. 

 

❖❖❖❖

>Hello! Merry Christmas!!! Thank you for the comments last time and also for reading Chapter 14 ^^

>This chapter is a bit unexpected especially the story of the brothers but I think it's worth it since DongYeon (Taecyeon+Donghae) are siblings and should be reunited again. So what can you say about them???

>There is only a little HaeSica moment sorry....but be prepare for the next chapter ^^

>TaecYoon shippers: what can you say about the kiss??? but...I'm sorry that they have to be separated for a moment. I'm also sad about it... :_( 

*Only few chapters before the ending of Book 1*

 


VERSE FOR TODAY:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!