CHAPTER 2: FIRST HEARTBREAK

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

[In front of a coffee shop]

 

            Days after the cell phone incident Donghae planned to go out with Jessica. He is the first one to arrive at the coffee shop this time after he gave a call to Jessica telling her that she needs to treat him for dinner as a favor after he returned her phone. When she arrives Donghae immediately walks towards her.

Jessica: Why?

Donghae: I told you, you have to treat me for dinner. Do you think I’ll just give that without returning me a favor?

Jessica: Okay…where do you want to eat?

Donghae: (He took a deep breath) I think I like to eat rice, samgyeopsal, kimchi and a lot.

Jessica: Ish.

            Jessica took him in a small restaurant where they serve very delicious foods with affordable prices. When they walk in it looks like the owner of the restaurant already know her and quickly gave them a table then the foods were served to them. Only Donghae eats and Jessica just watches him.

Donghae: Are you sure you don’t like to eat?

Jessica: I already ate.

Donghae: Okay. (He said as he took a mouthful of rice)

               Do you always go here? It seems like they know you.

Jessica: Yeah, I often go here.

Donghae: I can taste why.

Jessica: Their dukboki here is also delicious.

            Slowly as their conversation goes on they are becoming at ease with each other.

Jessica: So…what makes you busy?

Donghae: I’m searching.

Jessica: What is it?

Donghae: Classified information, I can’t tell you.

Jessica: Okay… (She muttered)

Donghae: By the way, where are you working now?

Jessica: In HDY. (She bragged)

 

Donghae: Psh. I don’t think it’s a good company. (He said as he pushed his empty bowl of rice) it’s better to be jobless than to work there.

Jessica: Why? Did they do anything to you?

            Donghae wasn’t able to answer right away and he just cleared his throat and drinks water.

Donghae: Did you already paid for this?

Jessica: Are you done?

            She was surprised to see that the plates and bowls are all empty.

Donghae: Well, is it okay for you if I’ll take some home?

Jessica: Aish. Do I have a choice?

            So for the last time she grants his last request for her.

            Donghae went back to his apartment and his best friend is also there waiting for him. His friend has a stylish hair with fair skin and charismatic smile. Donghae gave the food to him and he is very happy to see it like a cute puppy. 

 

Donghae: So…did you find anything?

Eunhyuk: Nothing. But…the guy that talked to you last month wanted to ask for your help again.

Donghae: Didn’t I tell him I don’t want to?

Eunhyuk: Deh, but he is really desperate to do it. Maybe the old lady was really harsh to him. What do you think?

Donghae: (Sigh) … okay then…tomorrow I’ll meet him.

 

[After 1 week]

[ Taecyeon’s Office]

 

            One by one Taecyeon read the report of his Team. He analyzes each of their report and he was pretty impress with their performances. However he stopped for a moment after reading the report of Jessica which is only one page. Immediately he asked his secretary to summon Jessica in the room. He has a serious face when she came in.

Taecyeon: Is this really your report?

Jessica: Yes, Sir.

Taecyeon: (He let out a breath) Have you ever visited the mall?

Jessica: (She shook her head) No.

Taecyeon: If you are assigned to this job you have to do some inspection. Come with me, we will go to the Mall.

            They went to the Mall which is just a walking distance from their building. The Wonderland Mall is one of the famous and biggest malls but it’s not the number one mall in their country which they are targeting. As they stroll around the mall Taecyeon explained to her the strength and weaknesses of the Mall. It’s not the first time that Jessica entered there but this is the first time that she saw what’s really inside it.

Taecyeon: Our mall is famous because of what’s inside it but it’s not famous because of its facilities. There’s also another thing with our supermarket. Our rice product is also available in the supermarket however it’s not very famous here in the country yet.

Jessica: But isn’t your rice being exported?

Taecyeon: Yes, but it’s not that famous yet.

            That’s when only Jessica realizes how important her part is. Being the person who will be responsible on how will their products be well known and their Mall to be perfect.

            Taecyeon looked at her and waved her hand in front of her face.

Taecyeon: Spacing out again?

                       Oh, I’m very hungry. Do you want to eat?

            But even if he asked her he did not let Jessica to answer him and just lead her in one of the best restaurant of the Mall. Since they know who Taecyeon is they gave the VIP room to them and served a lot of food. They are different types of foods across the world and most of it is her first time to see it.

Taecyeon: Let’s eat.

            However even if foods are everywhere she still can’t concentrate knowing that she is eating with her soul mate and they are alone in the room. To Taecyeon it’s just an ordinary lunch but for her it’s date, with her dream date. She kept glancing at him and she can’t keep herself to smile. But then while eating an idea came into her brain. It’s about the promotion of the rice and so she quickly shared it with him.

Jessica: Hm, Sir. I have an idea. Why don’t we take Twins Generation to be our endorser? They are very famous and I’m sure they will make the Mall famous.

Taecyeon: Twins Generation.

Jessica: Deh, D-don’t you…know them?

Taecyeon: Of course I do know them. (He felt a bit offended by her innocent question)

Jessica: Then what do you think?

Taecyeon: Ah…I’ll think of it.

Jessica: Their comeback is near so I’m sure their schedule will be so hectic that’s why we need to be fast and recruit them right away.

Taecyeon: Sounds like you’re a fan.

Jessica: Of course! Especially to Yoona. Me and my best friend like her so much. I watched her two dramas religiously.

Taecyeon: Now I know why you like to take them. (He teased)

 Jessica: It’s not like that. Of course my priority is…

            She was cut off and started to cough and is having difficulty speaking. Taecyeon startled as he watch her hit her chest. He went over her but he doesn’t know what to do to a person who is choking.

Taecyeon: Yah! Jessica-ssi! What should I do? What should I do?

            He said panicky and he doesn’t know what to do. Jessica continued to hit her chest and Taecyeon called for help while staying by her side. The staff ran for help but none of them knows what to do. One of them called for a medical team however while waiting for them suddenly Taecyeon remembered that hitting the back might help her throw it out. Jessica is turning purplish now so he immediately hit the upper part of her back strong enough that after three hits she was able to throw out the grape. He let out a sigh of relief after seeing her returning to her natural color while Jessica doesn’t know how to hide herself from embarrassment.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­____________________________________________________________________________

            Donghae receives a text message from a private investigator that he hired in looking for his Mom’s relatives. The investigator said that they need to meet and it’s an urgent matter. So he quickly gets up and went to his place.

Investigator: (Handed a folder) Look at this.

Donghae: (He opened and read it) What is this?

Investigator: Did you read it?

Donghae: It’s hard to understand it, okay?

Investigator: Okay then just read this part. (Pointed a specific line)

            He reads it slowly and Donghae was speechless and wide eyed when after he read it. It’s definitely good news but he doesn’t know what he feels for a sudden news like that.

Donghae: My…mom is…alive?

Investigator: Yes. The land lady lied to you. So…what do you want me to do now?

            He doesn’t know what to say, no his brain is empty at that moment. His mother is alive but why is that he can’t feel anything?

Donghae: I’ll…I’ll just call you.

            Then after that he left. He started walking and asking himself why is he acting like this. He must be happy after hearing the good news but why is he like this?

Donghae: Why is fate playing with me? But I’m supposed to be happy. My mother is alive. She is alive.

           

        Then he remembered on how he turned his back from his father because of that lie. A lie that he believed all his life and the lie that killed his father. Even if he’s not close with his father and he knows that he’s the one who took him away from his mother. He still can’t take away from him the fact that he is still his father and he also treated him nice. Donghae felt the pain the same way when they told him that his father is dead the next day after he walked away from him. However, the sadness that he feels for his father’s death did not last long as anger is still in control of his heart making him numb of that feeling. It’s just now he realizes that he just received the best news of his life. His heart is beating fast because of happiness and he can’t contain it. He paused for a while and he looked up in the sky with a smile.

Donghae: Mom, I will look for you. We will see each other soon. I promise that. 


          After a busy day Taecyeon throw himself in his bed. He then remembers the proposal of Jessica about the Twins Generation. He thinks deeply about it like he is having a second thought about her idea. He sat up and turned his player on, one of their songs are playing. His eyes are close as he listens to it and he did not notice that a tear roll down from his eyes. Because as he listens to it he can’t help but think that the message of the song is for him. It’s a message from a person from his past that he wanted to have back.

 

[Few Years Ago]

            It was days after their engagement party that only their close friends and relatives were invited. He is waiting for his bride to be at the beach, it’s not their wedding day but just an ordinary one. The weather is not good that time, it’s like it’s going to have a heavy rain. He waited there with cold hands and still unsure if his decision is right or wrong. It’s been a while since they last saw each other because after being elected as the new Director of the company Taecyeon became very busy. That’s why when she arrived she has big smile in her face and is very excited; she even bought a snack for both of them which will they eat while watching the beach. The girl is simply beautiful even without a make-up and just wearing casual clothes. She is also a jolly person with a childlike but adorable attitude. She is just a simple girl and living a simple life before but now she is a Hallyu Star and is known with the name Yoona.

Hye In: Yah! Why you don’t look happy to see me?

Taecyeon: It’s not like that.

Hye In: Why? Miss me already?

            She teases trying to make him smile like before but he still has that serious face.

Taecyeon: Ah…I was…I was thinking. Thinking really deeply.

Hye In: What happened? You’re making me nervous. 

Taecyeon: I can’t do it…I…

Hye In: Of course you can! Don’t worry about other people criticizing you; you deserve to be the Director.

Taecyeon: Listen first! I can’t do it! I can’t marry you. 

           Hye In’s hands got weak and the plastic bag slip from her hand.

Hye In: What? Are you really serious? (He ask in a most innocent way)

Taecyeon: I’m really sorry…Sorry…

            Then he walks off leaving Hye In there. He gets in the car and drove off, the rain started to fall really hard. As he watches the rain to fall down he can’t help himself to go back for her and so he turn back his car Taecyeon saw that she is walking in the rain. He stopped his car and walk over her.

Taecyeon: Come on, I’ll take you home.

            She just ignored him and continues to walk. So he took her hand but she quickly took it back.

Taecyeon: Hye In-ah. Don’t do this to yourself.

Hye In: Why do you have to go back?

Taecyeon: I can’t marry you but you know that my love for you will never change.

            He said meaning every word of it.

Hye In: If you are not sure why did you have to ask me to marry you? You know how much I value marriage! You know the story of my broken family so why do you have to do this?!

            She asks as tears fall from her eyes.

Taecyeon: I don’t know. All I know is that it’s my entire fault! But I can’t do it…I can’t stand in front of God’s eyes saying those vows without my whole heart in to it! I don’t want to hurt you someday.

Hye In: What? So…so…you mean you’re not sure about me?

Taecyeon: It’s not that what I mean. It’s just that after having this big responsibility I think I’m not yet ready to enter a marriage life. 

Hye In: Then what am I to you?!

Taecyeon: …

Hye In: You said you love me with all your life! But… what is this now? Why are…you hurting me like this? Answer me! Why? 

 

Taecyeon: I’m sorry…

Hye In: Stop saying that! Stop! Please…Stop…

            Hye In hit him hard in the chest to release the pain she’s feeling but the more she do it the more she feels that the hole in her heart is getting bigger and the pain is in. The rain continues to pour down just like their tears that are flowing with it.

            Taecyeon clench his chest as he remembers that painful day and tears continue to run down his face just like the rain did not stop from that day. 


 

[After a few days]

 

            Days after the orientation of Taecyeon to her, Jessica does her best to give Donghae a good proposal. She goes overtime, skips meals and even did a small survey in the mall. It’s her first time to do this again since her graduation from college that’s why she’s nervous of the result.

            That morning she gave it to Taecyeon and is just waiting for his reaction. Evening of that same day he gathered his team to have a meeting and so Jessica became even more nervous.

Taecyeon: This meeting is about the promotion of the Mall and the Rice. Jessica gave me her proposal this morning. And…I think that…I need your opinions about it.

            Jessica was a bit disappointed to hear it like doing her best is not enough.

Taecyeon: She wanted Twins Generation to be our endorser. Do you guys think it’s a good idea?

Pil: (Quickly raises his hand) Of course! They are popular.

Seoni: But you should also consider their haters.

Gaeri: But they have a lot of fans than haters.

Min: Haters and Fans…But my question is why Twins Generation why not other idols?

            All eyes turn to Jessica who caught off guard with the question.

Jessica: Ah…B-because… (She lowered her head)

Seoni: Is it only because you like them?

Jessica: Ah…Deh. (She admitted sheepishly)

Min: Well, that’s not a good reason.

Taecyeon: Jessica, answer their questions properly.

Jessica: Ah…I’m their fan b-but…it’s also because when…I ask the customers in the mall 70 out of 100 told me that…they are fan of Twins Generation.

Pil: Woah, you did a survey?

Jessica: Y-yes. And…also they are not only famous with young people. I searched that both of them are famous of old ages because of their innocent image.

Gaeri: I agree.

            Taecyeon is happy and proud for Jessica because she did a great job in doing her first project proposal.

Min: If that’s the case then I think we should take them as our endorsers.

Seoni: We have to do it right away because they are busy people.

Jessica: Don’t worry; I will arrange it right away.

Taecyeon: Well then it’s settled. Twins Generation will be our endorsers.

            Everyone left the meeting room except for Taecyeon and Jessica.

Taecyeon: Congratulations.

            He said as he put his hand in her head and smiled at her showing his white teeth. It left Jessica frozen in her place and her heart thumping.

 

 

 

Thank you so much for reading!!! <3

What can you guys say about Chapter 2??? Please don't be a silent reader.

Tell me your thoughts about it and subscribe too! 

 


 

Quote for today:

"If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest." ~Matthew 11:28~

GOD BLESS YOU!