PROLOGUE

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

 

         Senior students of Maksim High School gathered at their theater for their graduation. Everyone was happy and at the same time thrilled because after this a new chapter of their lives will open. One by one their Principal called out their names and gave their diplomas. After the last student was called everyone shouted and clapped as like a victory for themselves.

            Outside the theater a bunch of lower year students was also gathered and most of them were girls. It’s not because they are going to perform or anything but they are waiting for their senior school mates to congratulate and give them some gifts. 

            Graduate students opened the door of the theater and made some noise. Everyone shouted with them and threw some confetti. One of the students who is waiting outside the theater is a girl named Jung Jessica. She has an apple styled short hair. Jessica can be cute and gorgeous at the same time however not like any other beautiful girls like her; she doesn’t have a lot of fan boys and friends. Her only friend and also her best friend is Kwon Yuri that can only be described with two words “tough girl”. Jessica was peeking from a far when Yuri poked her arm.

Yuri: What are you waiting for?

Jessica:  I think I can’t do it.

Yuri: Yah! This is your last chance to talk to him. You will never see him again.

Jessica: Don’t say that.

Yuri: Just go. Give your gift to him.

Jessica: Come with me, please. 

         Jessica grabbed her hand and slowly walks over to her dream guy. His name is Lee Taecyeon, he is tall with a tough image and has a bit of dark skin. But not only that veacause he’s also a gentleman and came from a very rich family that’s why a lot of girls are going crazy over him. He doesn’t even know which one he will approach. They are all giving their gifts to him and some were taking out his school uniform’s buttons. However, even if everyone was busy with Taecyeon when they saw that Jessica was walking towards their direction they immediately gave way for her. It’s not because she’s beautiful and all neither she came from a rich and powerful family. But because of her aura, her ice cold vibe that the person around her thinks that she’s a war freak and snobbish person. She’s only one step away from Taecyeon when suddenly a guy blocked her way. Not intentionally but he said something to Taecyeon then Taecyeon said that his father is already calling for him. Just like that Jessica loses another opportunity to talk to her dream guy. Jessica was sad as she watches him walk away, Yuri cheers her up but it did not help. People behind them whisper with each other as if Jessica wasn’t there, saying things like Taecyeon got scared of her and stuffs. Yuri caught one of them and so he faced her with gesture and pulled the hair of the girl. 

 

Yuri: Yah! What’s your problem?!

Girl: Just admit that you’re jealous! Let go of my hair, Ahjussi!

Yuri: What?!

            Yuri let go of her hair but she gave her a slap but the girl is just like her and did not easily give up. The girl was about to slap Yuri when Jessica catches her wrist, she gave her a look and throw back her hand.

Jessica: I’m warning you. Stay away from us from now on. 

 

           The girl gulps and felt cold as well as the people watching them as if Jessica is an Ice Princess. Jessica and Yuri walks away like a boss and went under the tree.

Jessica: Did you see her face?

Yuri: Oh yeah, she’s like this.

            Yuri imitated the girl’s wide eyes scared face and they laugh at it. It was cut short when they saw the car of Taecyeon moving out slowly. They ran after it and Yuri knocked on the glass for Jessica. They opened it and it’s really Taecyeon and beside him is his father. This is the third time that Jessica saw Taecyeon this close. First was when they were on the same table in the cafeteria, second was when he passes buy in the hallway. Jessica flushes and doesn’t even know what to say, she got star struck on how Taecyeon look at her. Yuri elbowed her and so she was awake with her wandering thoughts.

Jessica: Sunbae, Congratulations. This is for you.

Taecyeon: Thank you.

Jessica: Good luck with your college and…and…I am Jung Jessica. Please don’t forget. Thank you!

            After saying that like a shy kid she quickly ran away.

Mr. Lee: (Laughs) Girls these days they are very different.

Taecyeon: She’s actually nice; people think she’s different though.

 Mr. Lee: I’m not asking. Hey, you like her? (He teases)

Taecyeon: No. I just find her a very nice person.

Mr. Lee: I see. But I want you to know that I’m very proud of you that I could die now.

Taecyeon: You can’t! Didn’t you know that bad people don’t die that early?

            He teases his father like he is just his friend. Their relationship is not like others, they enjoy each other company like they are same age.

Mr. Lee: Yah! I’m still your father! (He said with a scoff)

Taecyeon: Neh.

Mr. Lee: By the way where’s your brother?

Taecyeon: (He shrugs) I don’t know. He just called me then he disappeared. What’s new?

Mr. Lee: (Sigh) Okay… Let’s go.

 

            The boy that they are talking about is Lee Donghae. He is the brother of Taecyeon in father’s side. However they have a different status when it comes in school and people. If Taecyeon is famous in school and most of the people knows him Donghae is different. He’s like invisible, only their close relatives know that he’s the brother of Taecyeon. It’s not that their father wanted it to be like that but its Donghae who isolate himself from his family. He doesn’t like to be recognized as part of Lee Family, all he wanted in his life is to find his mother. Whom he believes that his father took him away from her because she came from a poor family and having him is just by accident. However, even if Donghae is like invisible in school, like Taecyeon he got the looks. He has the combination of manly and innocent looks plus being mysterious. That’s why he also gets some attention from girls in the campus. But even though Donghae and his father are not close; him, Ji Won and Taecyeon treated and understand each other as siblings.  

              For the past 3 years Donghae was looking for his mom but until now he still doesn’t have any news about her. However, that was change after he look some things in his father’s study room and he found a paper with an address with only a name of Hye Sung same name of his mother. He took chances from it even if there’s only 10% possibility that his mother still lives there.  

            He walks in the street where the address is, the place stinks because of the pile of garbages that was stuck in a corner. The land lady saw him in front the old apartment so she quickly approaches him with a wide smile.

Land lady: Hello. Do you want to rent? I will give you a discount.

Donghae: Hm, I’m just here to ask something.

Land lady: (Her face changes) about what?

 Donghae: About the lady name Hye Sung.

Land lady: I don’t know her. Go away!

Donghae: Wait! How much do you want? (He took out some money and handed it to her)

                Is this enough for you?

Land lady: What’s her name again? (She said as she took the money)

Donghae: Hye Sung. Does she still live here?

Land lady: (Thinking)…

                 I think I heard her name before. She’s not here anymore.

Donghae: Do you know where she is now?

Land lady: No. I think…you don’t want to know.

Donghae: What? What do you mean?

Land lady: I’m sorry…

Donghae: Why?! Tell me!

Land lady: She’s…dead.

 

            After hearing it clearly Donghae is still in the process of absorbing it. His only family, his own mother is dead. All these years he’s imagining the moment where he will meet his mother and see her sweet smile. He never expected this kind of moment; it took him a minute before he realizes the reality from what he is expecting. His eyes were filled with tears then it continuously flows down in his face as he walks away. His mind was blank and he did not know where to go like he is living in a world that he never thought it exists.

 


         

            After eating in a fancy restaurant with his father Dong Won take a rest in his room but it did not take long when his older sister came in to congratulate him with a cat paw gloves in her hands. His older sister’s name is Lee Ji Won, she is beautiful, has a beautiful skin as smooth as milk and  a sweet smile that will melt any man's heart.

       She put her arms around Taecyeon and choking him as she congratulated his beloved brother.

Ji Won: I’m so happy for you!

Taecyeon: Are you… trying to… kill me?

Ji Won: (She chuckle as she release him)

           Oh! What are these gifts?

Taecyeon: It came from my schoolmates.

Ji Won: Can I open one?

Taecyeon: Okay.

            Ji Won took the gift of Jessica. She opened it and in her surprise it’s just a lollipop candy with a note in it.

Ji Won: A candy?

            Taecyeon took the note from his sister and read it.

Taecyeon: “This is just a very simple gift but it has a big meaning of it because you’re like this lollipop. People only see your beasty face but behind it is the sweetest person I know. From Jessica”

Ji Won: (Nodding) now it makes sense.

            After reading it he remembered what Jessica said a while ago to remember her name and it put a smile in his face.

     


      

            Donghae’s tears dries up as he continues to walk with no destination at all. Walking by the street and passing by all the people, he didn’t care if they hit him. He’s like a piece of paper swift by the wind.  While walking he bumped into a group of goons; however they don’t look like they will just let him get away with it. They called him and blocked his way in one dark alley. Donghae’s eyes were still fix on the ground and it’s like he’s not hearing them talking to him. One of the guys took his wallet and saw that he has a lot of money so they stole it. They clench his shirt but he’s still emotionless.

Guy1: What’s your problem?!     

Donghae: Kill me.

Guy2: Huh! I think he’s underestimating us!

            All three of them beat him up but he did not even fought back and they did not hear any complain from him and it made them pisses off even more. Until someone screams from nowhere and it made them stop. It’s obviously not him because the scream is like a sound of a dolphin and it’s really irritating in the ears. The girl screams again for help and so the guys quickly run away. The girl is in one corner of the street but she really saw what happened and so when she got the chance she run over to the dark alley to check if Donghae is okay however he was already gone.

Jessica: Where is he? (She said in herself)

 


 

            Donghae came into their house all tired and still not in his self. He was about to go upstairs to his room when Mr. Lee called him and ask him to go to his study room. Donghae emotionless enters the room.

Mr. Lee: What happened to your face?

Donghae: …

Mr. Lee: Did you get in trouble?

Donghae: …

Mr. Lee: Where did you go?

              Donghae! You have to answer!

Donghae: I went to find my mother!

Mr. Lee: Didn’t I tell you not to look for her?

Donghae: Don’t worry this will be the last because she’s already dead!

Mr. Lee: She’s dead?

Donghae: … This is your entire fault! If you didn’t take me away from her this will never happen! 

 

            Tears roll down in his face again as he feels the pain of losing a mother while his father stayed quiet and fix in his place like he’s not even surprise hearing the news.

Mr. Lee: That’s why I told you not to look for her.

Donghae: What do you mean? You knew about this? (He said wiping his tears away)

                You know about this and you didn’t tell me?! What kind of a father are you?!

Mr. Lee: That’s why I warned you!

            His father’s face changes; he turned red and rested both of his hands in the desk like he was in pain.

Donghae: You know what? You killed her! I will never forgive you.

            He said in a firm tone and then he turns his back at him and walks away ignoring his father behind him not knowing that it’ll be his last time seeing him alive. 

 

 

That's all for now! :)
Thank you for reading! 
What do you guys think?
Please do comment. 
Tell me your thoughts and opinions about it.

 


Quote for today:

"When God permits trials, He also provides comfort."

GOD BLESS YOU!