CHAPTER 18: SILENCE

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

       

            The next day the explosion became the national headline. It even reached other countries because it’s very controversial. The police was the one who released the statement about the bombing it even became chaotic when Kyu Chan surrendered himself in the police. He took the responsibility of his actions and did not mention the name of Donghae. Reporters are all trying to get their statement about it but HDY decided to remain silent for a moment.

 

 

 [Police Station]

            Donghae received a report from the detectives who has Kyu Chan that’s why Donghae decided to face him to clear all things to him.

Donghae: Why did you do that?!

Kyu Chan: To take revenge. 

Donghae: Then why did you surrender yourself?

Kyu Chan: Because of your girlfriend. It’s all because of her. She made me realize how important my life and family is. I want to change for them.

Donghae: J-Jessica? How did you know her? (He sound puzzled and surprise)

Kyu Chan: At the mall. She talked to me and told me to stop it but it’s already late. By the way how is she?

Donghae: You don’t have to know.

Kyu Chan: Wait. She did not tell you I was there?

Donghae: …

Kyu Chan: That girl is really something. She’s also protecting you. You are really lucky to have her.

 


 

 

[TaecYoon’s Video Call]

            In the midst of the crisis in their company Taecyeon still tried to not let their relationship be affected by it. So he called on time and even greeted Hye In happily when he sees her.  

Taecyeon: Honey, honey, honey!

            He said cutely then puffing his cheeks.

Hye In: Stop it. It only gives me goose bumps.

Taecyeon: Just admit that I’m better in aegyo, no?

Hye In: (Laughs) I don’t think so, oppa!

            She said while doing an aegyo that’s why Taecyeon turned red.

Hye In: Oppa, what happened? Are you okay? (cutely)

Taecyeon: (Covering his face) I’m fine. Okay, let’s stop doing this. You win.

Hye In: Anyway, don’t pretend that you’re okay. I heard what happened. How’s Donghae? I did not call him because I know he’s also busy.

Taecyeon: He’s strong person I’m sure he’ll get through with this. Besides he has Jessica in his side so he’s so inspired to do anything.

Hye In: That’s good. Are you sure he’s fine?

Taecyeon: Deh. By the way, Hye In-ah…I want to show you the hotel that I’m working now.

            Aside from his biggest airplane project, Taecyeon is also starting their new hotel. He moves the camera around. Then, he enters in a theater where the piano is.

Taecyeon: Here we go.

            He started playing the piano charmingly and Hye In is once again amazed by his talent. She just smiled throughout his performance and at the end she stands up while clapping loudly.

Taecyeon: How is it? (Nervous)

Hye In: Of course my Taecyeon is the best! I also prepared something. Ah, but what…I’m about to show to you is…my hidden talent.

Taecyeon: Really?

Hye In: Deh.

            She takes out 10 chopsticks and showed it to him then in just a second she’s able to break all of it! Taecyeon was left speechless and surprised when he saw it.

Taecyeon: D-did you just?

Hye In: What should I do? This is so embarrassing. (Her face is so red as she muttered )

Taecyeon: Omo, I only don’t have a superstar girlfriend but also a superwoman?

Hye In: Yah…It’s not funny…

Taecyeon: You’re really one of a kind. I’m so bless to have you.

Hye In: Me too.

Hye In: … It’s time now. I’ll see you tomorrow! Send my regards to Donghae!

Taecyeon: Bye, Hye In-ah! 

            They blew kisses to each other then he turns off his tablet Taecyeon notices that someone is watching him so he looked for it and is surprised to see who it is.

Taecyeon: You?

            It’s Sae Ra the high school student from Maksim. She’s been following him since he conducted a speech in his previous school. Sae Ra keeps saying that she was struck and fell in love with him for the first time. She also came from a rich family that’s why Sae Ra can easily do what she wants.

Taecyeon: Sae Ra, what are you doing here?

Sae Ra: Who is that? Who is Hye In?

Taecyeon: You should be studying and not following me.

Sae Ra: It’s our vacation in school. You did not answer my question. Who is that?

Taecyeon: You’re too young to know that. You should go home now or play with your friends.

Sae Ra: I can’t. I went here alone.

Taecyeon: Really?

Sae Ra: (Smiles) deh, that’s why you have to take me with you.

            She said happily as she clings in his arm. Barely that Taecyeon knows that the little sister that he is treating now will put a rift on his relationship with Hye In.


 

[President’s Office]

 

Eunhyuk: This is the exact total damage of the mall. It will take a year to fix everything and also to improve the facilities.

President: Most of the board said that they will give you a chance. But… I want you to end your relationship with that girl.

Donghae: What? Why? She doesn’t have anything to do with this.

President: Nothing? This is your father’s legacy. Do you want to destroy everything just because of her?!

           

            Jessica is still in the list of suspects even if Kyu Chan is already in the jail because she was at the mall when the incident happened.

Mr. Han: Sooner or later her identity will be revealed in the news as a suspect. What will they say if they found out about your relationship? You have to meet someone who can help the company.

Donghae: You cannot arrange me with someone.

Mr. Han: Yes I can. You know what I’m capable of.

Donghae: …


 

[Hospital]

            Meanwhile, Jessica’s life is already change forever when she woke up in the hospital with complete stillness around her.

            She opens her eyes and wondered where she is. Yuri helped her to sit up and then when she looks around she notices how quiet it is. Her father and Yuri were there and they all look really worried at her but she did not move and just wondered what happened.

Jessica: What happened?

            The last thing that she remembers was she was going to her bed to take a rest after the explosion. But she cannot remember anything after that.

Yuri: (Sigh) I’m glad you’re okay. I saw you on the floor unconscious this morning.

Mr. Jung: Are you okay? Do you feel any pain?

            Her face turned pale as she remained silent and just looking at them in a complete loss. She can only see their mouth move but it doesn’t produce any sound.

Mr. Jung: Jessica, please answer us. You’re making me nervous.

Jessica: Appa, I…cannot…I cannot…hear. I don’t hear your voices. W-what is happening? Appa! Yuri!

            She cried as she said it all over again as silence slowly suffocating her. Everything around is mute and just a moving picture.When the doctor came in with a nurse and they run some examinations for her auditory. After an hour the doctor came out with the results. 

Doctor: She suffered from a head injury. The part of her brain that was damaged is responsible for hearing that’s why she lost its ability.  

Mr. Jung: What?! No! This can’t be!

Yuri: Are you saying there’s no chance for her?! Please, check it again!

Doctor: I’m sorry. It was a trauma in her head and we cannot do anything about it. Let’s be thankful that nothing much worst happened to her.

 

            Tears instantly fall down in Yuri's eyes while Mr. Jung loses the strength of his feet. They took a moment outside to find courage to tell Jessica everything.  When her family finally told her Jessica got devasted. However, she did not even think of herself first but thoughts came in to her mind for the people that she dearly loves. Her father needs her to pay their debt and Donghae needs her support especially now after the bombing. But how will she do it if she will be the one who needed to be taken care of? How will Donghae feel if he found out that it was Kyu Chan?

            After getting discharged from the hospital Mr. Jung suddenly received a call and went out for a while. So it is Yuri who takes her back home. She uses her phone to be able to talk to her.

Yuri: Jessica, don’t worry I’m here to help you. (Phone)

Jessica: How’s Donghae? What is the news about the mall?

Yuri: A guy surrendered and admitted his crime. I’m sure Donghae is just busy but he told me that he will visit here.

Jessica: Please don’t tell him about what happened to me.

Yuri: Why not? I’m sure you need him the most now. (Phone)

Jessica: I don’t want him to suffer again… Yuri, promise me that you will not let him know.

            Just when they are talking about him, Donghae is outside pressing the doorbell. So Jessica quickly goes to her bed and pretended that she’s asleep. Yuri opened the door and is the one to face him.

Yuri: She’s asleep.

Donghae: Then I’ll just stay and wait.

Yuri: Ah…but she’s really getting a lot of rest. Just go back.

Donghae: Okay. Let me just see her.

            He handed her the foods that he bought for her and then went to her room. By just looking at her Donghae’s eyes are already filled with tears. Donghae touches her face careful not to wake her up. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she felt his fingers brushes to her face. Then he felt him go, she wanted to stop him, hold him and never let him go but her hands weaken and just let him walk away.

            When Doghae got outside he received a call from someone in his past that he never thought he will hear again. So Donghae agreed that they will meet at the restaurant and when he got there he saw her ex-girlfriend again for a long time, Goo Hara. 

❖❖❖❖

> Thank you for all the comments! It really inspires me to keep on going! <3 

>@ilovehaesica, you're such a genius! haha! How did you know she's going to be deaf?  

>Anyway, new character: Goo Hara! The Ex-girlfriend. What will be her role? 

>Aigoo, is TaecYoon in danger because of Sae Ra???

> How do you think Jessica will handle her situation? 

 

 


 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!