CHAPTER 11: JESSICA'S ENEMY OR KNIGHT???

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            It’s been days since Twins Generation had their comeback in the Music Scene. Yet again they take Asia by storm with an all kill in every music store and downloads. Their single Little Miss is like a virus spreading even outside in Asia now. Their schedule is also jam-packed being guest in talk shows variety shows and dramas. They also do photo shoots for magazines, CFs and cards. In short they are very busy. It’s only when they take an airplane when they could really rest.

            One day they have to shoot in Japan so they have to take an airplane to go there. Everyone is set in the private plane with their make-up artists, stylists, dancers and Manager. But before they even leave the place a voice over was played in the plane making everyone curious.

Voice: Hello! Good Morning! Thank you for choosing our airlines!

            As soon as Yoona heard “hello” she already knew who it is. So she gets really surprise that she sit up straight.

Yoona: Taecyeon-ah, what are you trying to do? (She ask in herself worried that they will get discovered)

Seohyun: Unni isn’t that…

            Yoona have to cover right away.

Yoona: Please, don’t say anything. (Whispered)

Seohyun: (Nods)

Voice (Taecyeon): Everyone is tired now so just sit back, relax and we will serve you with our best!

            He paused and cleared his throat to get ready for his next message.

Voice (Taecyeon): This next announcement is for someone who is special for me. I can’t make it there so I’ll just use this one. Even if we don’t get to meet a lot lately I want you to know that my feelings for you did not change. Please take care of yourself, eat a lot and stay healthy! Ppoing! Ppoing!

            Taecyeon said in a cute voice making his audience reacts in disgust except for Yoona who has a blush face.

Voice (Taecyeon): PS! This is not for Seohyun and Yoona! But you know who you are! Have a safe trip everyone! Ppoing! Ppoing! (He did in a cute voice again)

            So everyone speculate other people except for the Twins. While everyone is busy talking Yoona receive a text from him.

Yoona: Hye In-ah! Did you receive my message? If you did I hope that I made you smile. There are still some more that I want to give youLook under your seat. I prepared something for you. ^^v

            Yoona took a backpack under her chair and when she opened it she saw a lot of essential things inside it with a note of each item. Seohyun look at it too with curiosity too.

Yoona: Taser- For your protection.

            Sun Block Lotion- Take care of your skin. I heard it’s sunny there right now.

            Face Mask- For your beautiful face.

            Three energy drinks- To give you strength.

            Candies and Snacks- I know you love eating.

            A heart shape Origami- Keep my heart with you.

Seohyun: Aw, he’s really caring. Now I know why you fell from him before. I take back my words now. I think he’s really sincere.

            When their Manager heard it he suddenly pops up behind them.

Manager: I knew it. It was him. So you think he’s manly now, huh? (He asked Seohyun)

Seohyun: Deh. Why?

Manager: N-nothing…Yes, he’s manly and…and sweet.

Seohyun: No wonder why you haven’t been in a relationship it’s because you’re so childish.

Manager: What? As if you’ve been in a relationship. You’re like an old aunt.

Yoona: Aish! Stop it! He’s just doing this because…because.

Manager: Because he loves you. (He whispered)

Yoona: I don’t think so…

            She said smiling shyly so both Manager Kang and Seohyun stop and look at her.

Seohyun: Unni I never see that kind of smile before.

Manager: Contain yourself don’t be so obvious. (He teased)

 


[Taecyeon's Office]

 Secretary: Sir, it’s now time for your meeting.

Taecyeon: (Smiles widely) Okay. I’ll be there in a minute.

            Taecyeon really has a good day today because all his plans for Hye In went well. As he walks to the conference room he can’t hide his bright smile on his face. That’s why when he came in the room all of the people there stop and stare at him. Taecyeon greeted them happily then sits down at the right side of the President.

Taecyeon: Are we not going to start?

            He asked whispering to his sister who is sitting in his side.

Ji Won: We’re still waiting for someone.

Taecyeon: Who?

Ji Won: …

Taecyeon: Noona, Who?

Ji Won: It’s…

            Before she even say the person’s name the door opens and all heads turn to look. With smirk in his face Donghae enters in the conference room. He bow lightly and then sits on the other side of the President which was the seat of Ji Won. While everyone started to whisper to each other Taecyeon is still surprise his brother there.

President: Now, we can start the meeting. (She stood up)

                This is Lee Donghae. He’s…a part of our family and now will also be part of our company.

            Donghae stands up, greeted them then he bowed.

Donghae: Good Morning. Nice to meet you all. (Then he sat down)

President: We will now talk about my proposal for the changes of positions in the company.

            They asked about Donghae’s capability so Eunhyuk entered the room as a personal secretary of Donghae. He gives folders to everyone containing the resume as well as the achievements of Donghae. What is written is not that impressive but just fine to convince them that he is worthy to be in a position.

President: Starting today Donghae will be the Team Leader of the Mall team.

Donghae: What is it? (He doesn’t look please)

Taecyeon: President, that’s my team.

President: You have so much potential. You can’t be just in the Mall team. We need you for bigger projects.

Taecyeon: But…I really want to handle the Mall which the former President founded.

            The other members agreed to him.

President: We will put you to handle the new project of the company about the biggest airplane in Asia. You will also be going back to your former position. While Donghae be the Team Leader of the Mall. It will be his training ground for a while. However, even Donghae doesn’t even like to be in that department untilEunhyuk walks to his side and whispered in his ears.

Eunhyuk: Donghae, did you forget that Jessica is part of his team?  (Whispers)

Donghae: R-really?

            At first he was surprise but when he remembers it Donghae smiled to himself.

Taecyeon: I can’t accept this. I can’t just let someone to run the Mall!

Ji Won: Taecyeon-ah. (She tried to calm him down)

Donghae: What do you mean? You think you’re really that great?

Taecyeon: No, but more responsible.

President: Stop…This decision will not be approved unless all the members sign it.

            All the ten members read the proposal and they begin to discuss it again to come up with the best decision for the company.


 

            Jessica did not wake up early so she also came to work late. When she entered their office she felt that there is an eerie atmosphere going around. They all look anxious, so she asks Pil about it.

Jessica: What’s the matter?

Pil: It’s about our Team Leader.

Seonni: Everyone’s anxious about our Team Leader while you still sound asleep!

            She shouted with tears in her eyes so Jessica become anxious on how they talk about Taecyeon.

Jessica: Why? What happened?

Gaeri: There are rumors that he will be replaced.

            After hearing it Jessica quickly run to the conference room to find out what is happening. However, when she gets there the meeting is over and the decision has been made already. She saw Taecyeon taking an elevator to the rooftop so she followed him not noticing Donghae who is about to approach her at the same time.  When she reaches the rooftop Jessica walks towards him and when he notices her Taecyeon look at her direction with a smile in his face.

Jessica: Sunbae, did they make their decision? Are the rumors true?

Taecyeon: Did you come all the way here to just ask this? (Sigh) Well, I guess this is my goodbye to you.  Jessica, I want you to know that you’re really good. You’re ideas are really creative. So be confident and don’t let them to turn you down.  

            She nods with tears in her eyes.

Jessica: Sunbae, it’s all because of you. You trusted me.

Taecyeon: (Force a smile) Well, I need to go now.

            He walks away but then, he stops again to go back to her. Taecyeon wanted to give her a hug but just decided to pat her head.  

Taecyeon: Jessica-ah! Whether you like it or not. You will always be my dongsaeng.

            They smile like they understand each other now. For the first time Jessica felt different while looking at him. It’s different with the way she had before. Though she still cares for him she doesn’t feel that her heart beats fast for Taecyeon. On the other hand, they did not notice Donghae who is standing beside the door watching them. He doesn’t understand why but he decided to just leave first as he can’t take any longer looking at them like that.


 

[The Mall Team Office]

 

            As he passes by in the hallway every eyes is on him and whispers are everywhere. He ignored all of it and goes straight to his team’s office. Everyone is surprise when Donghae came into the room. Still feeling bad he walks in with his secretary to inform everyone that he will be their new Team Leader. They all stood up and bowed then they sat down again still staring at him.

Donghae: I’m Lee Donghae and starting today I’ll be your new Team Leader.

            There is silence after that like they’re not ready to accept him yet. But then it’s Pil who broke it and ask him a question.           

Pil: Are…you related to Lee family?

            However Donghae did not answer that question and just gave him a look as he still don’t want to be recognized as a part of his own family. So he just continued with his speech.

Donghae: I only have three rules: 1. I’m the Leader. Means you’ll all follow me. 2. Be responsible and dedicated to your work. 3. Don’t be…late.

            Just right after he said that, Jessica came into the room with her head down and sad face. When she notices that they are having a meeting she look around and it was only then that she realizes that Donghae and Eunhyuk are there. However, instead of bowing and give a respect to the new Team Leader she walks towards them casually. That’s why they are surprise and confuse of her actions.

Jessica: Omo, you two are working here now? How? Are you guys will be part of our team?

            Everyone gulps as they watch and wait of Donghae’s reaction but then Mina stood up and scolds Jessica for her disrespectful attitude.

Mina: Jessica! Is this how you greet our new Team Leader?

Jessica: W-what? Eunhyuk is the new Leader? (Surprise)

Eunhyuk: (He whispers) Jessica, it’s not me…its Donghae. He is your new Team Leader.

            slightly opens as she meets the fierce eyes of Donghae.

Seoni: Don’t you know how to bow?

             Jessica bows to them in 90to show how sorry she is with her actions.

Donghae: Huh, is this how you treat your former Leader?

Jessica: I’m really sorry…

Donghae: I’ll see you in my office.

            Donghae and Eunhyuk left first then Jessica just followed them. When she got to his office she saw his name in his desk and it made her think deeply. As she stare at it she remember the time when Donghae told her that the company is not a good place and also when he came to the park and knows that Taecyeon will not come.

Jessica: (blank stare) could it be?           

Donghae: Yah!!!

Jessica: Sir…

Donghae: Where did you go? Why did you come late?

Jessica: Ah…I’m really sorry. I was at the…rooftop.

            When she said that Donghae remember it again and he can’t help it but get angry.

Donghae: Well, then you must receive your punishment. I want you to summarize all of these in a way that I can easily understand. And…I want it tomorrow morning.

Jessica: T-tomorrow morning? But…it’s a lot.

Donghae: I don’t care just finish it! Now go!

            She has no choice but to accept her punishment. So she takes the pile of folders in his desk and started to work on it. Her colleagues only look at it with wide eyes and they realize that Donghae is really different from Taecyeon. Jessica only works on it the whole day and she even took over time just to finish it.

            That night Lee and Han family will have a dinner together in their house so they left the company early than they usually do. Donghae is the last one to leave and while walking in the hallway he sees Jessica through the glass still working on the papers that he told her to finish.

Eunhyuk: Aish, you shouldn’t have done that to her.

Donghae: That’s her punishment.

Eunhyuk: Just for being late? That’s too much. Even two people can’t finish those over night. What did she really do to make you mad?

Donghae: I told you she was late. (He said firmly then he walks away)

Eunhyuk: Poor Jessica…


 

~The Next Day~

            The Twins are now back in Korea and a lot of their fans and media waited for them in the airport. Pictures are taken and in just a few minutes their airport fashion spread fast in the internet. Even if they are really tired they still tried to smile brightly to everyone. Seohyun get in the car first with the Manager however they did not wait for Yoona to get in and just took off.

Soehyun: Manager, Unni is still there.

Manager: She has her own driver.

Seohyun: What?

Manager: (Whisper) Taecyeon

            Manager was right. Actually, Taecyeon ask for Manager’s help again. Yoona gets in the black car that their company owns.

Taecyeon: Ma’am you look so tired. Sit back, relax and take a rest.

            When she heard that voice again she sits up straight and looks into the face of the driver in the mirror.

Yoona: Taecyeon-ah. What are you doing?

Taecyeon: Fetching you. Oh, before I forget. Here’s a pillow. Take a rest.

            He said as he takes the pillow inside a paper bag. 

Yoona: But…you have work…

Taecyeon: Just rest and don’t ask questions. I will be your driver. (Smiles)

            So Yoona shut and just laid there. Because she’s very tired she falls asleep right away. Yoona is sleeping deeply that she did not even notice that Taecyeon already carried her to her apartment room. He put her gently in her bed then went out.

Taecyeon: You guys must be really tired.

Seohyun: Deh. Later, we have another dance practice for a music video.

Taecyeon: You should take a rest too.

            He said then he’s about to go out when Seohyun called him.

Seohyun: Taecyeon-ah. Yoona-unni is very special to me but I can see…how you can make her really happy so…please don’t give up and always love her.

Taecyeon: (Smiles) I will.


 

[Donghae’s Office]

            Donghae is reading the report of Jessica with an unsatisfied face. He even gets upset when he saw that she did not able to finish it all.

Eunhyuk: Because it’s really impossible to finish all of it. How will she fall in love with you if you will not treat her nicely?

Donghae: Because I’m not trying to make her fall in love with me.

            Donghae stands up and goes to the Mall to escape from his best friend. He made an observation around it and when he goes to the storage room he notices a girl sitting in one corner. He slowly walks towards her and saw that it’s really Jessica. She’s sitting there soundly asleep. Donghae watches her and instead of getting mad he felt relief that she’s taking a rest now.

            He doesn’t want to see her wake up that when he saw her head bangs towards him his reflex moves fast and he catches her head with the palm of his hand. Holding her small face like that and seeing it that close again makes his heart beats fast again. He stared at her and is like it’s hypnotizing him. But as much as he doesn’t want to disturb her, a slight accident happened that made her wake up. Out of nowhere a box falls down towards them so Donghae has to move and catches the box with his back. Jessica slowly opens her eyes and gets surprise to see Donghae in front of her.

Jessica: Donghae-ah…?

Donghae: Are you okay?

            She did not answer right away and when they realize that her head is still resting in his warm hand she quickly sits up properly while Donghae compose himself and look away.

Jessica: Team Leader, what are you doing here?

Donghae: I was checking the storage room…when…when I saw you sleeping.

Jessica: I really didn’t mean to…

Donghae: Go. I know you’re really tired. Get some rest.

Jessica: Huh?

Donghae: Didn’t you hear me? Just go and don’t ask questions anymore.

              

            He said firmly to her then he left her first. Eunhyuk is waiting in the car and so he gets in and drove off.

Donghae: Ah…my back…. (He complained)

Eunhyuk: Aish. Don’t act like it really hurts. It’s just an empty box.

Donghae: What? How did you? You! Why did you do that?

Eunhyuk: Because you need a push! I’m getting bored by just watching you. You have to make a move to have her.

Donghae: I told you I don’t like her!

Eunhyuk: You like her!

Donghae: I don’t!

Eunhyuk: You do! You do! You like her!

Donghae: Fine! I like her! But! But…she’s in love with…my brother.

Eunhyuk: Your brother is in love with Yoona

Donghae: What should I do then?

Eunhyuk: You have to stand up and save Jessica. Be her Knight!

 

❖❖❖❖

>Thank you for reading my FF ^^

> What do you think should Donghae do? What can you say about TaecYoon? Share it with us! <3 

>Also, don't forget to subscribe keke~ 

THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!