CHAPTER 3: FATE

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

            It’s another busy day in the company. Especially Taecyeon is really having a hectic schedule with his projects for the mall. But he’s really enjoying it especially that he’s doing all of it for his father.  After his observation in the mall Taecyeon goes to his office to fix some papers but his sister is there waiting for him.

Ji Won: I heard about the endorsement. Is it true? (Talking about TG)

Taecyeon: Yes. (He said as he locked the door behind him)

Ji Won: Is it just by accident or you asked her to do it?

Taecyeon: I did not ask her that. She’s a fan and I think…fate is in my side.

Ji Won: Aish. You mean you waited for fate to move? I thought you also asked for this job to have a time to fix things with her?

Taecyeon: Don’t worry I’ll do everything to get her back.

Ji Won: Yah. That will not be easy. Remember what happened and don’t expect too much.

Taecyeon: I know…I’m not expecting her to forgive me right away. All I want is to let her know that…I did not stop loving her.

 

 


 

 

[Cake Shop]

 

Yuri: So what’s the good news now? Did you guys kiss already? 

 

 

Jessica: No. It’s not that. You know I’d be dead by now if we kissed.

Yuri: Then what?

Jessica: Twins Generation will be our endorsers! It only means I’ll get to meet them! (She said excitingly)

Yuri: Don’t joke like this. Really?

Jessica: Of course!

Yuri: Then what should I do? What should I do? You have to let me see them.

Jessica: Don’t worry, I’ll take a picture with them and show it to you.

            She and so Yuri got pissed off and hit her lightly in the head.

Yuri: Stupid.

Jessica: Yah, that hurts! (She said as she touch her head)

             Anyway…woah, this place looks really nice now. (She looks around)

Yuri: Did you like the ambiance?

Jessica: Deh, but…are you not going to hire someone to help you?

Yuri: They gave me some recommendation but none of them passed my standards but I haven’t met the last person yet. Maybe I’ll meet the person next week.

Jessica: Ah, okay. By the way, have you eaten your dinner?

Yuri: Yes, I already did.

Jessica: With whom? We should be celebrating together! (She pouted her lips)

Yuri: I had my dinner with my brother so don’t be jealous. Besides, I still need to close the store before going out.

Jessica: Okay. I guess I should eat alone again.

            And so Jessica has to left and have her dinner alone again. She decided to treat herself in her favorite restaurant that’s why when she got there she ordered all of her favorite foods. Jessica did not waste time and started to eat. Because she’s a food lover even if she’s alone Jessica enjoyed eating it all. After finishing it all up she drinks a glass of water making her extremely full.

Jessica: Woah. I’m so full.

            Well you must be. A voice behind her said. She looked at the person and is a bit surprise to see him there.

Donghae: Yoh! Miss me?

Jessica: What are you doing here?

            Donghae takes the chair and sits beside her.

Donghae: I had my dinner here.

Jessica: How long have you been watching me?

Donghae: Long enough to know that you’re a glutton.

Jessica: Yah! I’m not like that. (He paused and look at him scrutinizing)

            Tell me…are you my stalker?

Donghae: What? M-me? Stalk-er? Huh, you must be full of yourself.

            Donghae stood up and started to walk away and so since Jessica is also done eating she got up, paid for her bill and went out of the restaurant.

Jessica: Psh, weird guy.

            While waiting for a taxi to come, suddenly Jessica heard some fights at one corner of the dark street near to the restaurant.

Jessica: Jessica, don’t listen to it…Don’t even bother to look at it. The last time you tried to save a kid you almost got killed…so don’t do it. Mind your own business. Mind your own business.

            She continued to talk to her own self to help her stay away from danger. Because the last time she tried to save a kid near their house she was almost got killed by some gangs. Good thing Yuri and her father was there to save her however she was also hurt that time that’s why they also rush her in the hospital.

            However it looks like her technique did not work with her own self because she continues walking to take a look of what is happening.

Jessica: Okay…Now you see two high school girls are bullying a girl. I should just call for help and not go there by myself. Yes, I have to call for help. Don’t act like a brave girl because you’re not a superhero.

            Again, she disobeyed herself and slowly walks in the dark alley. Like before she positioned herself in a brave posture and made a very loud scream that made the two high school girls startled.

Jessica: Go now before I kick you!

            Quickly, they ran away afraid of her. So Jessica takes the opportunity and helped the poor girl up. However high school kids nowadays are really different, the two girls went back with sticks in their hands.

Jessica: Yah! What do you think you’re doing? Don’t you know that I’m a police?! Drop that!

HS Girl1: Huh! If you’re truly a police then where is your gun?

Jessica: I don’t want to use it that’s why!

HS Girl2: You will not be able to trick us! What kind of police who wears like that?

Jessica: Why? Do you think female police don’t have the rights to be fashionable?! And I’m wearing like this because I’m on an undercover!

HS Girl1: Whatever!

            They ran towards her and so Jessica shouted again with the same dolphin scream! Then she gave a glare making them take one step back. 

 

Jessica: This is your last chance. Run or else…

 

 

         She gave them that glare again but like I said a while ago High School students now are different and fearless. They pushed both the girl and Jessica to the ground hard making Jessica hit her head on the ground. However she was still able to sit up and protect the girl.

HS Girl2: I think this Ahjumma is just a joke! You’re not even a police, right?!

            Jessica did not answer them and she just keeps on protecting the girl.

HS Girl1: We will give you one last chance to go, just give her to me!

Jessica: What do you want from her?

            The girl was so scared that she clings tightly to Jessica.

Girl: (whisper) they want me to give my money to them

Jessica: Why do you have to take her money?

HS Girl2: Because we needed it!

HS Girl1: I think you will not let her go so just say goodbye to your beautiful face!

            HS Girl1 hit her with the stick however suddenly out of nowhere someone blocked it with a hand. You better run… A familiar voice spoke as he took the stick from the girl. Jessica looked at him and saw Donghae standing in front of them.

Donghae: Go now before I call the authorities and report you that you guys are sniffing.

            It did not scare them and continue to attack and so Donghae is force to use the stick to protect them and he hit them in their butts hard enough to make them run away. When they left Donghae help them up. Instead of looking after herself, Jessica immediately asks how Ana is.

Jessica: Are you okay?

Girl: (Nod) Yes, Thank you.

Donghae: Where do you live?

Girl: I’m sure my father is waiting for me outside.

            They walk out of the dark alley and the girl went to her father.

Donghae: It’s really hard to trust someone when you are rich. (He said as he watched them go away)

Jessica: Why? Are you rich? (She asked curiously)

Donghae: No. I’m just a simple guy.

            Donghae then notices that she has a bruise in her lip.

Donghae: Hey, are you okay?

Jessica: Of course. I have to go home now, it’s already…

            She wasn’t able to finish her sentence and suddenly she loses her consciousness and fall into his arms. That’s when Donghae found out that her head is bleeding, it’s not strong but because of what happened and of exhaustion her body can’t take it anymore and so she collapses.  

 


[The Next Day]

 

            Jessica regains her consciousness and feels much better than last time. She looks around and she certain that she’s neither in her apartment nor in the hospital. So she got up right away nervous that the High School girls got her until she saw a familiar face walking towards. Right then she recalls that she collapsed in his firm arms last time.

Donghae: Are you okay now?

Jessica: (nods)

Eunhyuk: Good Morning. Here I prepared a pancake for you.

            He handed the plate to her with 3 pancakes and with syrup spread on it. Even if she’s really hungry she did not eat it right away and just stared at them.

Donghae: Well, he is Eunhyuk my best friend and this is… wait a minute.

            Jessica was about to take a mouthful of pancake when he ask her to stop.

Donghae: I don’t know your name yet.

Jessica: Oh, right. You too.

Donghae: I’m Donghae.

Jessica: Jessica. (She said then she eats the pancake)

             Anyway, you haven’t told me how you found me.

Donghae: I was waiting for a taxi when I heard a dolphin scream. I followed it and I found you.

            She pouts her lips as she imagined what he did and Donghae was a bit spellbind while watching her pout it like that.  Jessica took another bite of the delicious pancake and realizes she hasn’t thanked them yet. 

 

Jessica: Oh, thank you for saving me and for the food.

Eunhyuk: (Smiling) no problem. Is it delicious?

Jessica: Yes, very delicious!

Donghae: Aham. (He cleared his throat)

            Eunhyuk understands what Donghae did so he just waited for Jessica to finishes it all up just to see that she really enjoyed the food that he cooked. So after that he went back to his room and left the two in the living room.

Donghae: Tell me, why did you save her?

Jessica: What?

Donghae: You should’ve just called for help.

Jessica: I don’t know. I asked that to myself too. Maybe…I just value others life so much.

             Now, tell me. Why did you help me?

Donghae: So that, we’ll be even.

Jessica: Even?

Donghae: Yeh, you once saved someone…special to me before.

Jessica: M-me?

Donghae: Yes.

Jessica: Maybe, I don’t remember it anymore. I always get into trouble because of this.

Donghae: I see. Anyway, do you want me to take you home?

            She got distracted and did not realize that she needs to go to work. Right away Jessica rushes to the door and wears her shoes.

Donghae: Why are you such in a hurry?

Jessica: I have work.

Donghae: No you don’t. He called and we told him that you are sick. So…he said okay.

Jessica: Just like that?

Donghae: That’s all. Why? Are you expecting something?

Jessica: He did not even ask if I’m okay…

            Well, anyway thank you again but I have to go now. Say goodbye for me to Eunhyuk.

            She left and when Eunhyuk felt that she’s already gone he came out and sit with Donghae in the couch.

Eunhyuk: What happened to “using her”? You even followed her in the restaurant last night. Why is that it looks like you change your mind already?

Donghae: I’m sure there are other ways but I can’t use her.

Eunhyuk: Why?

Donghae: Because if it’s not because of her I would be dead by now. She once saved my life.

 

 


 

 [2 days after]

 

            Donghae gets up early to meet the person that asked for his help. He fixes himself and after dressing up he just waited for his right hand/best friend, Eunhyuk. He drives his sports car and stopped in a fancy restaurant. The guy is already there waiting for them. He is a guy that is in his late 50s but still look fit.

Donghae: Kyu Chan…

Kyu Chan: (He bowed lowly to them) Good morning. (Then they sat down)

Donghae: How’s the plan going?

Kyu Chan: Everything’s good now. I have people inside the Hotel and everything is settled. Just give me your signal.

Donghae: Okay.

Kyu Chan: Sir.

Donghae: Why?

Kyu Chan: Please, don’t change your mind. This is the only thing I could do to ease the pain that I felt when Mrs. Han accused me and fired me with no reason.

Donghae: I understand you. They need to learn their lesson. So don’t worry, I will not change my mind.

 

 

 

Thank you so much for reading!!!

Who do you think are fate for each other? 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^_^

 


 

Quote for today:

"We love because HE first LOVED us."

~1 John 4:11~

GOD BLESS YOU!