CHAPTER 19: GOODBYE

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

[Restaurant]

 

            Donghae sat in a table next to a lady. She is the ex-girlfriend of Donghae who left him with another guy but only months after that Donghae heard that they also broke up. Her name is Goo Hara a very cute and gorgeous lady with a very charistmatic aura that’s why a lot of guys fall for her but she’s also a girl who will do anything to get what she wants. Hara is a heiress of a big coffee factory in Korea and she met Donghae when they were still in college.

Hara: Nice to see you again. (smiles)

Donghae: What do you want?

Hara: Mr. Han called me and said that we need to date for your company.

Donghae: And you agreed?

Hara: Well I also need HDY, besides we used to date. What’s wrong with that?

Donghae: I already have a girlfriend so just look for another one.

Hara: She’s not your wife yet. (She reaches for his hand) I still like you, that’s why I broke up with…

Donghae: Stop it! (He took back his hands) Like I said I already have a girlfriend.

            He said coldly then left her but that did not lose her spirit.

Hara: Lee Donghae, you know me. I like being challenge.

 


 

[Mr. Han’s Office]

            The reason why Mr. Jung left his daughter is when he received a call from Mr. Han wanting to talk to him. So he went to Mr. Han’s office thinking that he will help them.

Mr. Han: I’m happy to meet you.

Mr. Jung: (Bowed) But I’m puzzled why you called me.

Mr. Han: I’ll go straight to the point. I found out that you need money to pay all your debts. So I want to help you.

             He handed him a bag and when he opened it, it’s full of money.  

Mr. Jung: This is…too much. Why are you giving me this amount of money?

Mr. Han: Because I want you to leave this place. If you don’t know, my grandson is dating your daughter. Obviously, I don’t like them together.

            It was too fast that Mr. Jung paused to take all of it. Her daughter has been dating a chaebol, Jessica did not tell him, now the grandfather doesn’t approve of their relationship. Though he’s still confused he knows that the money is a bribe. So he wanted to give it back to Mr. Han.

Mr. Jung: I’m sorry but I will not accept this.

Mr. Han: Huh, I know that you will say this but think about it. What will happen to her if the media exposed her as a suspect, do you think she’ll be able to handle that? Will she get a new job again? But if you will leave now I assure you that I will clean everything for her.

            Mr. Jung is thinking deeply but even how many times he thinks about it he can only come up with one decision. A decision that he think is the right thing to do.

            After talking to him, Mr. Jung came back to their house and found out that Jessica is not around.

Mr. Jung: Where is she?

Yuri: She wanted to be alone so I let her. She’s going through a lot right now so let’s give her time to be alone.

 


 

            Jessica went out to the city that looks entirely different of what she had yesterday. The busy people, the cars, the sound of the city are now like moving pictures but soundless.  She walks with no direction. There are lots of things in her mind but she feels like it’s not functioning anymore. Her body is still weak and her brain is telling her to stop, but she continues to walk hoping that if she gets tired it will wake her up from this misery. But it’s still the same, everything around her is deafening with silence. So she stopped and sat on a ramp while staring blankly with no energy left on her.

        Then a passerby approached her saying something but she just stared at him looking helpless like a little girl who got lost. So the good man wrote it in a paper.

Man: Your phone is ringing.

            She looks at her phone and finds out that it’s in the pocket of her jacket. She received a lot of calls and messages from the people who dearly care for her. But the most numbered of calls and messages came from Donghae and is still calling her now. When Jessica saw it she called the man again and asked for a favor.

Jessica: Ahjussi, can you please do me a favor?

Man: What is it? (He walks towards her)

Jessica: I’m having difficulty of hearing so can you please write down what he says?

            The good man granted her wish and so he sat down with her and listened as Jessica finally answered his call to a loud speaker.

Donghae: YAH!!! Jessica-ah!

            It’s so loud that the man cleared his ear then he quickly wrote it in his galaxy.

Donghae: How are you? Why are you not answering my calls and messages? What is really the problem? Let’s talk this, please.

            He said it fast that it took the man some time to write it.

Donghae: Are you there? Please don’t hang up. (He begged)

Jessica: I’m fine.

            Her voice is quite trembling as she tries to control her tears.

Jessica: Sorry for keeping you worry. I’m sorry.

Donghae: It’s okay. As long as I know that you’re fine. So can we see each other tonight?

Jessica: Okay. Let’s meet at the coffee shop.

Donghae: See you there after an hour.

           


 

            It’s getting late that’s why Mr. Jung decided to look for her daughter. He went everywhere to look for her until he receives a text that she’s fine and just staying at the coffee shop. Though she insisted that she’s okay Mr. Jung still went there right away.

Mr. Jung: What are you doing here? (Wrote)

Jessica: I’m going to meet Donghae.

Mr. Jung: What? You should not see him. Let’s go!  (Wrote)

Jessica: Appa, he needs to know the truth.

Mr. Jung: You have to follow me!  We need to leave this place. It will be worst if we stay here!

Jessica: Leave? What are you talking about? I cannot leave this place.

            Jessica understands his father even if he doesn’t want to say it she knows that she won’t be able to get a good job with her situation now, thus she cannot also help him in paying their debts. But she cannot just leave especially that a part of her heart belongs here. Mr. Jung takes her hand but she refused.

Mr. Jung: You have to listen. Mr. Han is going to help us with our problems but we need to leave this place.

            Jessica is surprised to hear it but their conversation was cut when Donghae walk in. He greeted them with smile and so Jessica also smiled back. She misses him a lot so much that she really wanted to grab his hand and runs away with him. But then as he started to talk it just brought tears in her eyes as she knows that it’s not the same anymore.

Donghae: Jessica (Smiles)

Mr. Jung: Is this…Donghae?

            Donghae bowed to Mr. Jung still have no idea that he’s the father of Jessica. So Mr. Jung has to introduce himself to him. Donghae is very happy to finally meet his future father-in-law.

Mr. Jung: I’ll go now…

            He turns his back from him but then he showed another note to Jessica before he left.

Mr. Jung: You have to think about it. Make the right choice.

            When he finally left Donghae and Jessica started to walk in other way. There’s silence between the two as they continue to stroll. Jessica is thinking about what her father told her while Donghae is just waiting for Jessica to talk first. To break the silence Donghae reaches for her hand and felt the coldness in it.  

Donghae: Aigoo, did you get nervous while waiting for me? (He joked)

Jessica: …

Donghae: Don’t worry, I’ll warm it.

            He puts her hand inside his coat to help it warm but she did not react or say anything as she keeps on having a deep thought.

Donghae: Anyway, where have you been? Didn’t I tell you to give me call before you go?

Jessica: …

Donghae: Jessica-ah, why are you not talking? Are you still angry because I don’t want you to work?

Jessica: …

Donghae: Aish! Fine! I’ll let you go back.

            However, she’s still quiet so Donghae has to stop walking and pulls her to face him.

Donghae: I’m like talking to an object! Why are you not answering me?! Jessica-ah!

 

 

            Jessica stares at him and she’s able to read his lips when he called her name. It brings tears in her eyes as she felt how she misses his voice more than anything else. She looks away trying to hold it back.

Jessica: Why are you sad? Is it because of me?

            She knows he’s being through a lot of things lately and so she thought that now being by his side wouldn’t help him anymore but will only be another burden for him. So many things are adding up in her mind, reasons about her father, their debt, being a burden and the most important is protecting Donghae. It keeps on bothering like it’s telling her to give up already.

Donghae: (Shook his head) No, it’s not you. But let’s not just talk about it.

            His eyes are so expressive that it’s hard to hide what he truly feels. They continue to walk silently until Jessica stops and finally made her decision.

Jessica: Donghae-ah…I’m… going with my father.

Donghae: You want to go home now? But we just got here.

Jessica: We have…to…stop seeing each other.

Donghae: Jessica-ah, what are you talking about? Are…you breaking up?

            He asked still not sure of what she really meant. However, even how many times Donghae asks her questions Jessica just answer him with another reason.

Jessica: Can’t you see? Things around us are getting between us. I cannot continue in this kind of relationship.

Donghae: Stop talking nonsense things!

            He said practically shouting as tears filled his eyes.

Jessica: Sorry…but…let’s have time away from each other. Let’s take…a break.

Donghae: I said stop! Stop! What time? We’re just starting our relationship! And what do you mean about those things? Are you still worrying about the scandal? I will protect you from all of it.

            Jessica did not answer anymore and jerked her hand away. Then she pulls out the ring from her finger and gives it to him. With full of uncertainty Jessica turns away from Donghae.

Donghae: Jessica-ah! Please… Jessica-ah… Don’t give up like this so easily.

            He tried to reach for her but Jessica walks fast. Her feet weakens as she take steps away from him but her thought fight for it as she thinks that she needs to protect him. Even with a heavy burden in her heart Jessica takes courage and completely disappears from Donghae.

Jessica: Sorry, this will hurt you for a while but this is better than revealing you the truth. 

 

❖❖❖❖

>Oops! Sorry for a short chapter...It's quite a cliff hanger, neh?

>Thank you again for the comments last time! 

> Do you think Jessica made the right choice, to give up???

 


 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!