CHAPTER 13: PINOCCHIO'S CONFESSION

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

[The Next Day]

 

            In the midst of their perfect and strong comeback, the Twins did not expect that a scandal will also come along with them. It’s a picture that spreads first in the internet and now it’s all in the news. The picture contains Seohyun and a boy interlocking arms in school. She’s still a student back then so that was just almost two years ago and she looks very happy that’s why it sparks attention from the fans and viewers.

            The CEO of their company called for an emergency meeting to fix the problem immediately. The twins and the Manager are present and all of them are nervous.

CEO: What’s the meaning of this?

            He looks calm but his voice sounds really firm.

Seohyun: It…it was taken when I was still in school.

CEO: I know. But did you forget the contract you signed? Was he you boyfriend?

Seohyun: No. He’s my sunbae…and my high school crush. I was really happy to see him and he asked for a picture and…and so I…

CEO: Why are you so irresponsible?!

Seohyun: I’m sorry. I’m sorry.

            She apologized teary eyes while putting her hands together.

Yoona: President, she’s just being nice to him. Please don’t be angry.

CEO: Kang, did you investigate about this?

Manager: Yes sir. I receive a text and we already found the person who released it.

CEO: See?! Aish! Kang, fix this immediately. I will release a statement and we will file a lawsuit against that guy if he will not delete the pictures.

Manager: Don’t worry President. I will fix this.

CEO: Now you know. Falling in love will be the end of your career and dreams. Keep that in your minds! I will not be here to always protect you.

            He then walks away. Seohyun can’t take it anymore and breaks into tears while apologizing to them.

Seohyun: (crying) I’m really sorry. This is my fault. I’m really sorry.

Manager: Who said that this is your fault? It’s not, so stop crying.

Yoona: Manager is right. This is none of your fault.

Manager: Like I said. I will fix this. I will not let anyone hurt you.

             

            Manager said it as he reaches out for her hand then Yoona wipe the tears away from Seohyun and they continue to comfort her. While their Manager stayed by her side, Yoona received a call from Taecyeon. She walks in a corner and is thinking whether to answer it or not. But with the current problem she thought that it’ll be best to avoid Taecyeon for a while so she cancelled the call and put her phone in off mode.


 

            Donghae gets up still not realizing that he fell asleep in the farm house. He walks out half asleep, looks around at the field and it took him a while to realize everything what happened last night. He looks back and saw that Jessica is already gone.

Donghae: (Sigh) she just left without even saying goodbye.  

            Donghae goes to his car and doesn’t really have a plan to go to the company but his sister gave him a quick call and tells him that he needs to be in the meeting before lunch. Before he leaves, Donghae goes back to the couple to pay respect. They did not talk much and just gave back the folder then they say their goodbyes and Donghae left the village.

            When he reaches the company he goes to the President office and his siblings are all there as well as the President. He sits on the empty space in the couch, then, their meeting starts.

President: Where have you been? Did you know that you have a lot of responsibility here in the office?

Donghae: I’m sorry.

President: (Sigh then looks away) the sale of the Mall goes down. What happened?  For how long will it take for you to get use to it?

Donghae: I’m still studying it. Just give me more time.

Taecyeon: How about we try to invite the Twins to have a signing event at the mall?

Ji Won: That’s a good idea. They are really popular these days and they also signed a contract to us so it’ll not be bad.

President: Taecyeon-ah. What are you up to? (She looks into his eyes) First, you signed them as our endorser and now this?

Taecyeon: It’s just a suggestion to help Donghae.

Donghae: I don’t need your help.

Ji Won: Donghae-ah…Taecyeon just really wanted to help you.

President: Anyway, did you find any dealer for the rice?

Donghae: About that…I tried to find yesterday…but…they did not sign it.

            Donghae handed the folder to her and she takes look at it.

Donghae: We really tried to convince them because we heard that their rice is good but… I’m really sorry.

President: Stop saying sorry. Did you even look at it?

            She handed back the folder and in his surprise he saw that they signed the contract.

Donghae: How did this happen?

President: You said “we” so who was with you?

Donghae: Jung Jessica.

President: Well, then congratulations. I hope that you’ll soon do well in handling the Mall.

 

            She stands up and so are they. It’s the end of the meeting and the siblings are about to go when the President called the attention of Taecyeon to stay there.

President: Taecyeon, whatever you’re feeling stop it now.

Taecyeon: Mom…

President: You know how we wanted you to be the next President of this company. It’s not yet the time to fall in love especially to someone like her.

Taecyeon: Mom, how could you say that? You know her.

President: She’s a nice girl but…her life now is different than before. All eyes are on them. Do you think you can live a normal life with her?

Taecyeon: You know that I love the company but I cannot sacrifice my love for her. Not anymore.

            When she heard it, the President already knows that she cannot stop his son anymore.

President: Tell me…are you seeing her?

Taecyeon: Yes. (He said bravely)


 

            Donghae is really happy after finding out that the farmers signed the contract. He still doesn’t understand what change their minds. He goes to his office with a grin and there he meets his best friend who looks sulky. Because he leaves everything to Eunhyuk and it made him go crazy. But Donghae did not even notice it and just gives him a hug.

Eunhyuk: I’m not in the mood. Let go!

            Eunhyuk pushes him lightly.

Donghae: I did not expect this. Look! (He showed the folder)

               Aish. You should be happy for me.

Eunhyuk: How am I supposed to be happy after what you did to me?

Donghae: Fine. I understand. I’ll give you a 1 week vacation.

Eunhyuk: (Finally smiles) really?

Donghae: Deh. You know I can’t resist you.

            Now it’s Eunhyuk who hugs Donghae tight and he had to push him away to break away.

Eunhyuk: Oh by the way, I really don’t have a plan to say this to you but I’ll say it anyway. Jessica came here a while ago.

Donghae: What did she say?

Eunhyuk: She asked about that. I guess she doesn’t know that they signed it.

Donghae: Where did she go?

Eunhyuk: She said that she’s going to Taecyeon. Tsk.Tsk. (He shook his head)

 

            Eunhyuk was just joking around but Donghae takes it seriously and hurriedly walks off. He looks for her in Taecyeon’s office but nobody’s there. So, he could only think of one place that they can be alone.

 


 

            Jessica is alone at the roof top looking at the whole place when a familiar voice from behind called her name so she look into that direction and saw Taecyeon. He walks towards her and pats her head.

Taecyeon: Congratulations! Congratulations! (Singing) So… How did you guys convince them?

Jessica: Oh, it’s a long story. I was also surprised when I found out about it.

Taecyeon: Well, I guess they saw something, right?

Jessica: But I still don’t get it.

Taecyeon: (Smiles) what matters is they signed it! You should be celebrating with your team instead of moping here.

Jessica: I’m not moping.

Taecyeon: Life is too short! So be happy! (He grins)

Jessica: You look so happy.

Taecyeon: Well, I finally I told my Mom that I’m seeing Hye In again. (He proudly said)

Jessica: Really? That’s great! 

Taecyeon: Yeah…and I feel so relieve.

            They talk about on how he told the President everything and they are having a fun conversation when suddenly out of nowhere Donghae came and grabs Jessica’s hand. Taecyeon and Jessica are surprised as they did not expect to see him there. Donghae and Taecyeon’s eyes meets and Jessica can feel the tension between them.

Donghae: Are you really serious about Hye In? Or you’re just going to play with her again?

            He suddenly blurted it out and so it surprised them again. 

Taecyeon: Be careful of what you’re saying.

Donghae: Huh, do you really just see this girl as a little sister or you also want to own her?

            Taecyeon angrily clenches his hand as he wanted to hit Donghae but he cannot do it in front of Jessica.

Donghae: Don’t hold yourself. I know you’ve really wanted to do this.

            He let go of his shirt and looks away while Donghae walks off and pulls Jessica after him. They get into the elevator and Jessica tries to let go off his hand but he’s too strong for her.

Jessica: Team leader, please let go.

Donghae: …

Jessica: Donghae-ah…

            She begged but he did not say anything nor he look at her. Until they reach the ground floor Donghae did not let go of her and he did not even care if the employees are all looking at them. But Jessica doesn’t want to be the talk of the town and so with all force she takes back her hand right in the middle of the lobby. She did not say any word but she gives him a glare then just walks away. But Donghae did not give up and he takes her hand again.

Jessica: What do you think you’re doing?

Donghae: Let’s go.

              They walk out of the building and he made her ride in the car then he droves off.

Jessica: What is really your problem? Can you just explain to me why are you acting this way? Did I do wrong for you to treat me like this?

           

            She asked him but Donghae keeps his mouth shut the whole time. So Jessica tells him that she will really jump out of the car if he will not stop and let her go. Of course, Donghae won’t believe her until he saw her open the window and sticks her head out! So he decided to stop his car at a river side. Jessica quickly gets out of the car and goes off but then Donghae appeared and blocks her way. Really angry she gave him a glare and was about to walk when he finally speaks up.

 

Donghae: Didn’t I tell you to stop liking him?!  Do you really like hurting yourself?!

Jessica: Whether I like him or not, it’s not your problem anymore!

Donghae: Yes it is! Because it drive me crazy whenever I see you with him!

            Jessica did not expect that to hear that’s why even if he said it loud and clear it still confused her.

Jessica: What? What did you just say?

Donghae: Let’s go on a date tomorrow.

Jessica: Date?

            She asked but Donghae just left without anymore words with her.  


 

[The Next Day]

[Donghae’s Apartment]

 

            Donghae keeps on pacing back and forth in his room with the Pikachu stuff toy in his arms. He can’t stay in one place and he’s like talking to his self.

Donghae: What should I do? What should I do? Today is our date!  

            He looked at Pikachu and he can’t help but picture Jessica with it.

Donghae: Aish! I’m going crazy because of you! You need to stop running in my head! Don’t you get tired?

            Annoyed, he throws himself at his bed. Because he can’t decide on his own he called his best friend who is having his vacation in Thailand.

Donghae: Eunhyuk! Where are you? You have to go back now! I need your advice.

Eunhyuk: Remember you gave me 1 week.

Donghae: Today is our date, I need your wonderful advice. So just say it!

Eunhyuk: Okay. I’ll give you three steps. First, calm down. Chill. Relax. Second, fix yourself. You need to be charming and cool. Third, act normal. Be yourself!

Donghae: That’s all? I can’t do that alone. Come back after…

            Just about he says the day Eunhyuk already hangs up on him.

Donghae: (He sits up) Hello? Hello? Eunhyuk-ah!

            Then he receives a text from him about the three steps that he told.

Donghae: Well, he’s right. I need to fix myself. (He turns and faces Pikachu) Jessica-ah, get ready.

            Feeling so restored, Donghae gets out of his apartment and goes to a salon. He had his hair done then he goes to their shopping mall to buy some new stylist clothes. So as soon as he gets out and walks in the building everyone’s head turns into him. The girls are like magnetized by his strong appearance while the guys have their jaw dropped. However, the only one person who’s the reason why he did that is nowhere to be found.

            On the other side, while others are having their own conversations Jessica is in a corner still having thoughts about what Donghae said. Even her, can’t concentrate after what happened.

            They suddenly stopped talking when the door open and Donghae enters the room. All heads turns on him like they are seeing a celebrity except for Jessica who kept her head down. He sits on his chair with his eyes still on her, wishing that Jessica to give him a glance. They went back to their sits and so Donghae started their meeting.

Donghae: I’d like to tell you that we’re going to start our two projects this coming month. First, is the signing event of the Twins.

Pil: Oh, that’s cool! That means they’re going to the Mall?

Donghae: Yes, we’ll invite them to perform and have a fan signing. This is actually a suggestion of your former Team leader and I think it’s a good idea. Then the second one is the project of Jessica about the swimming pool.

            Everyone look at her and so she just awkwardly bowed at him.

Gaeri: How about my proposal? Did you consider about it?

Donghae: I don’t think we can consider about that. Another mall already has it so I would have to say no.

Seonni: But there’s still a big difference and Mr. Taecyeon said that his idea is really good.

            However, Donghae did not listen to them and just continue. Donghae stands up and walks out of the room. Everyone gathered to Gaeri while Jessica also went out.

Pil: I’m sure he did not even look at it.

Seonni: He’s like his brother they completely fell for her.

Min: This is not right. They don’t even see our efforts because of her.

            Idle talks continue in their department office. Meanwhile, while on his way to his office Donghae takes out his phone to give Jessica a call.

Donghae: Hello? Don’t forget our date! I’ll wait for you at the French Restaurant at the mall.

Jessica: But…

Donghae: No more buts. See you later.

            Then he hangs up. Time passes by so quickly. Donghae can’t get excited and so goes to the restaurant right away. While Jessica is getting worried and thinks of a plan on how she can get away with it.

            Donghae rented the whole place so he’s the only customer there. He waited for her patiently even if she’s already 1 hour late. He can’t get her out of his mind and he keeps on thinking some sweet things that they will do together. So when the door opens Donghae stands up and the excitement is all over his face. However, the girl that he’s expecting is different. It’s completely a different girl. She looks very beautiful with nice long legs, long silky hair and has a very nice warm smile. The girl sits with him and Donghae is still confused.

Donghae: I’m sorry, but…who are you?

Girl: My name is Jihae

Donghae: Ji Hae, I’m afraid I don’t know you.

Jihae: Well, this is a blind date right? What about you? What’s your name?

Donghae: Donghae…who told you that this is a blind date?

Jihae: Your friend, Jessica.

Donghae: Aish…That girl, really! I think there’s a mistake.

            She thinks for a while and so Jihae decided to go to the rest room first. There, she meets Jessica who is hiding there the whole time.

Jihae: Jessica-ah. Does he really know about this? He said that there’s a mistake.

Jessica: He’s just surprised. I didn’t tell him that this is a blind date. So…where is he?

Jihae: He’s at the table. I think I like him…he looks kind.

Jessica: Yes, he is. So, go back there now and I’ll go ahead.

            Jihae stayed there to fix herself first while Jessica walks out of the rest room and quietly goes at the back door. As she reaches outside Jessica receive a call from Donghae.

Donghae: Where are you?

Jessica: I can’t make it. Sorry.

Donghae: Then why did you send this girl?

Jessica: To accompany you.

Donghae: Where are you?

Jessica: At my house…I think I’m sick. (Fakes cough)

Donghae: Liar!

            Jessica can only hear a busy tone on the other line however she was able to hear Donghae’s last word.  She pauses for a while and can feel someone from her back. That’s when she realizes that he’s just right behind her. She faced him with apologetic expression but that didn’t please Donghae. He looks really mad.

Donghae: Why do you have to do that?!

Jessica: Why? She’s nice and sweet! What can you ask for?

Donghae: She’s not you! That’s why!

            She looked at him with wide eyes while Donghae takes her hand and puts it in his chest.

Donghae: Feel this? You made this wooden heart beat fast.

Jessica: Yah! Why are you acting like this? (She takes her hand back)

            He takes a deep breath first then finally he said the words that his heart is silently shouting.

Donghae: Listen! I cannot take this anymore. Jessica-ssi, I’m… I’m in love with you.

Jessica: Don’t look at me with those eyes. Is he seriously in love with me?  Donghae-ah. (In her mind)

Donghae: You shouldn’t have told me that you don’t want to go instead of making me look stupid.

Jessica: I…I’m sorry.

            However, he did not listen to her and just walks away. 

 

❖❖❖❖

>Thank you so much for reading and commenting for the last chapter!

> What do you think will happen after the scandal of Seohyun? Will it affect TaecYoon?

> Do you think what Jessica did is okay? How will Donghae react?

> I know many are anticipating for Jessica to fall in love with Donghae just give me a little bit more time. Please...it is SOON ^^

>Tell me what you think ^^

 


VERSE FOR TODAY:

GOD BLESS YOU!!! <333