CHAPTER 12: FEELINGS

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

[The Next Day]

[Donghae’s Office]

 

            Upset Donghae walks in his office and threw his self in the sofa. Eunhyuk saw him and so he asked his best friend. He came from Mr. Han’s office and asked him about his mother but just what he expected he did not tell him anything yet.

Eunhyuk: He did not tell you where your mom is?

Donghae: He wanted me to increase the sales of the Mall before telling it to me. I knew it.

Eunhyuk: He’s trying to control you. Well, there’s another bad news.

              Kyu Chan is also moving. I found out that he’s the reason why the dealer of rice did not renew the contract.

Donghae: Why didn’t he tell us?

Eunhyuk: He said that he can’t wait for you anymore. What will you do now? I think you have to make a choice.

            There’s a moment of silence but a phone call breaks it.

Donghae: Hello?

Jessica: Team Leader, I already found a possible dealer. We need to go there. I’ll send you the address. I’ll wait for you.

Donghae: Where are you?

Jessica: I’m in the bus stop right now.

Donghae: Okay. Wait for me.

            Then they hang up. Donghae pauses for a while to think then he stands up and looked at Eunhyuk.

Donghae: My mom is more important.

            He said firmly to him stating the choice he made then he walks out of the room to go to the bus stop. Donghae uses the elevator and it’s really a small world when he bumps into Taecyeon there. There’s a complete silence inside the elevator none of them made a sound or do they look into each other’s direction. It was Taecyeon who first gets off but Donghae stopped the door and called his attention.

Donghae: Do you know anything about my mother?

Taecyeon: Do you think I will tell you if I know something?

            Donghae steps out and walks towards him meeting his eyes.

Donghae: If you’re just…doing this because you want to take revenge… I’m begging you to stop. This is about my mom. You know how important she is to me.

            He turns around and goes inside the elevator and before the door closes Donghae hears the answer from Taecyeon that he’s wishing to hear from him.

Taecyeon: I don’t know anything about your mother.

            The door closes. They parted ways and it looks like nothing happened. But in Donghae’s heart though he’s a bit disappointed that he did not find anything about his mother he’s still relief that Taecyeon has nothing to do with it.

 


 

[Bus Stop]

           

            After a few minutes later, Donghae arrived with his car, he just waited for Jessica to get in then they drove off.

Jessica: Taeyang, told me that their rice is delicious. So let’s see.

Donghae: So…we’re not sure yet? You should’ve called Pil or Gaeri.

Jessica: But you are the Team Leader so I thought…

            Jessica explains her side but Donghae doesn’t seem like listening to her instead he is thinking about what Eunhyuk told him that he needs to be a Knight for her.

Donghae: It’s okay.

Jessica: Huh? It’s okay? (She smiles)

Donghae: Deh. Just set the GPS. (He said coolly)

Jessica: Okay, Team Leader! 

            It only took them an hour to get into the village. When they get out of the car they saw the wide farm lot of rice and it looks like they are going to harvest it anytime. Both look for the house of the owner and when they reach it they saw that the couple is outside their house talking to the other villagers.

Donghae: Excuse me…May we ask, whose the owner of this farm?

            An old man stand up when he heard his questions and walks towards them.

Old man: What do you want? Are you going to tell me to sell my land?

Donghae: Of course not. We’re from HDY Company and we’re hoping that…we can have a partnership.

Old man: You’re not the first one who told us that.

Donghae: Our Company is not like them. Just read our terms. (He handed the folder to him) 

Old man: (He gave it a quick glance) I will not sign this.

Jessica: Please read it…

Old man: People like you don’t know where the rice you eat comes from. So…I want you to harvest the rice today. You need to learn how hard it is our work!  After that, tell me if you still want to have a partnership.

            Donghae and Jessica look into the big field again then they look into each other.

Jessica: We can’t do this. (She said to Donghae)

Donghae: He’s just testing us (He said back to her)

            Ahjussi! Deal! We will finish that today!

Old man: I’m Mr. Chun.

Donghae: Well, Mr. Chun, kindly prepare your pen.

            He turns around and went back to his fellow villagers like these things normally happen to them.

Jessica: Should we call for help?

Donghae: Do you think he will sign it if he sees us ask for help?

Jessica: Then, how and where are we going to start?

Donghae: Hand me your phone.

            Jessica gave her phone and he opened its internet. He searched on how to harvest rice and they watch some videos to learn it over the net. After that, they ride in the tractor, started the engine and they begin the harvest.

 


 

[Practice Room]

 

            The twins are preparing for another show wherein they will perform a dance cover of a song that’s why they are practicing hard. After practicing for hours they stop for a while to take a rest. Yoona takes out her last supply of Energy drink that Taecyeon gave to her.

Manager: You will not get strong by just looking at it.

Yoona: (She opens the bottle and drinks it)

Seohyun: Are you planning special to him?

Yoona: Why? We’re not…together.

Seohyun: That’s why you have to get back together.

Manager: Yah! Did you ever think both of your careers?

Seohyun: I’m sure they can hide it. Besides it’s so obvious that they still love each other. What do you think?

Yoona: But…what if…it’ll not work again? Our world now is completely different.

Seohyun: I see how he loves you.

Manager Kang: And…I saw how you loved each other so…trust your love.

Seohyun: Oh, I already found a good name. TaecYoon… TaecYoon!

Yoona: (Shook her head) we should just practice.

Manager Kang: You know what? Why don’t we go out and have some refreshment.

            After convincing the Twins they went out to get some refreshment.

 

[Cafeteria]

 

            Taecyeon sits in a table with his sister and talks about why Donghae came back.   

Ji Won: Maybe he really wanted to handle the Mall.

Taecyeon: Noona, you know him. He hates it.

Ji Won: I don’t think he hates it. It’s just that there are some things that stop him in going back in his family.

Taecyeon: That is finding his mother. Do you think Mom knows something about this?

Ji Won: What do you want to do?

Taecyeon: (Sigh) Nothing… I don’t see any reason to help him, I’m just curious.

Ji Won: Aish! Do you know what the two of you needs?

Taecyeon: What is it?

Ji Won: Forgiveness and Love. Oh, looks who’s here.

            She said as she stands up while looking at the people who just came in. They are Manager Kang, Seohyun and Hye In. The people also look at them but since most of the customers in the cafeteria are from rich family with their pride with them what they just did is too stare at the Twins.

            Hye In gave a glare to Manager Kang thinking that he planned this again.

Manager Kang: No, I really did not plan this.

Ji Won: Hye In-ah. Oh, you’re really a lady now. You’re so pretty.

Hye In: Unni, you look more beautiful and younger.

            They went in the table where Taecyeon is sitting. However, before they even get to talk to each other Ji Won excused herself to go ahead first then Seohyun went to the restroom and Manager Kang went to order drinks for them.

Hye In: I knew it.

Taecyeon: Don’t tell me you’re still uncomfortable with me. Anyway, do you still have a stock of the energy drink?

Hye In: I…already drank all of it.

Taecyeon: Oh, is that so? Well, do you want an energy drink that will never be empty?

Hye In: What kind of corny thing is this again, huh?

Taecyeon: It might be sound corny but you’ll also like it.

            He took her phone and sends a recorded song to her. She listened to it and Taecyeon is telling different jokes.

Taecyeon: I recorded 300 hundred jokes for you. But listen to it when you get home.

Hye In: Why not now?

Taecyeon: Because…you’ll not have time to listen to it.

            Taecyeon took her hand then suddenly they ran away from the cafeteria without even informing Manager Kang and Seohyun and just left a note that he’ll take Hye In back to the apartment.

            In a cool night Taecyeon brought Hye In near Han River. He took both of their phones and turned it into an off mode so that they will not get disturbed. Then he look on with his bag and gave Yoona a janitor uniform that he used before to sneak out in the office.

Taecyeon: I’m sure this will work.

            So she followed his instructions and put it on. There’s only few minutes left and so Taecyeon had to take her hand as they went through the crowd to have a nice view of the fireworks.

            3-2-1!!!! The fireworks have been released revealing different colors in the sky. There are so many different designs and the audience was really amazed watching it. And because they are so focus in the fireworks they did not even realize that a hallyu star is actually with them. The fireworks displayed lasted for almost an hour and throughout the show Taecyeon did not release Hye In’s hand and even if the firworks catch their eyes but their real attention is on their hands. Their hearts are beating fast while pretending that they are holding each other’s hands and none of them actually wanted to let go.

 


 

            The two are really enjoying riding in the combine while harvesting just like when they were at the amusement park. However, on Donghae’s is enjoying it more because he’s with the girl he likes. He keeps on glancing at her and it make him smile whenever he sees her delicate smile and high pitch laugh. It even made him fall in love with her more when he sees that Jessica is really enjoying it. He can’t believe that this girly type woman would enjoy doing these things.  

            After a few hours they were able to finish it and they feel really fulfilled.     Mr. Chun walks from behind and is a bit impress of what they’ve done.

Donghae: So, are you going to sign it?

Mr. Chun: Of course not!

Jessica: What? But…you said…

Mr. Chun: You call this a harvest? You’ll just leave it there? Where are the grains of rice?

                (Shook his head) Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Youth these days really know nothing about hard work.

            He left the two puzzled of what to do next.  But then an old woman appears in front of them. Then she explains to them what they need to do. Both are listening carefully but they’re still feeling mysterious about this old woman. They keep on thinking her reason of helping them. However, it did not take them long to know something about her. Mr. Chun arrives and takes her wife back to their house.

Jessica: Do you think we can finish this?

Donghae: Why are you so pessimistic? As long as we’re together, we can do this!

Jessica: What?

Donghae: I said…as long as we do this work together, we can do this!

Jessica: Ah, deh. You’re right.

            He turns around with a big smile on his face. Then they started putting what’s left in the field inside the sacks. This is one of the hardest things when harvesting since you have to do it manually and then you have to put the sacks back at the farm house. While Donghae and Jessica are doing their best the owners of the land are watching them from a far.

Mrs. Yang: I think we found the right one.

Mr. Chun: Don’t believe them that easy. They are not the first one to finish this.

Mrs. Yang: I know. But I just know that they are more sincere than the others.

Mr. Chun: How did you say that?

Mrs. Yang: Woman’s instinct. Just follow what I say.

Mr. Chun: Let’s see tomorrow.

 

            It’s already dark but they’re not yet done with their task. Jessica is losing hope but Donghae still works hard to finish it. He notices Jessica’s tiredness so he took her job and asks her to take a rest for a while.

Jessica: I’m fine. But…do you think we can still finish this?

Donghae: No. Actually, I’m not doing this for the company anymore. I just really…wanted to help them. They’re already old to do these things.

            Jessica is surprise to hear it from him that’s why she just stared at him blankly.

Donghae: Yah! Why are you looking at me like that?

Jessica: It’s because I did not expect to hear that from you.

Donghae: Aish! Of course, I care for them! What do you think?

Jessica: Nothing. I just did not know this side of yours.

Donghae: Psh…

            He turns around acting like he’s mad but on the inside he is dying of happiness.

 

Jessica: To tell you honestly, this is the first time you really did something about a problem in the mall.

Donghae: So you’re saying that I’m not doing anything?

Jessica: Deh. (She said straight to his face) Today is different. What motivates you?

Donghae: Aish! Why should I tell you?

Jessica: So that we have something to talk about. Come on, please.

            She said the later one in aegyo so Donghae can’t resist it.

Donghae: Fine. It’s because of my Mom. I need to increase the sale of the Mall to see my Mom.

Jessica: You mean you came back to your family because you’re looking for your Mom?

Donghae: I haven’t seen her since I was a kid. I’ve been looking for her for years.

Jessica: So…Taecyeon knows something?

Donghae: (He shook his head) our grandfather... but he will not tell me any information unless I do my job well.

Jessica: I’m sure your Mom will be happy to find that you love her so much.

            I thought he’s just a shallow person. I never knew that he has lot things in his life.

 

            Then they continue their task and it’s already late night when they finally finish it all. Just in time before the strong rain and thunderstorms poured down. Tired, they ran and stayed at the farm house to rest for a while.

Jessica: Oh, it’s very strong. How are we going to get back?

            She said but Donghae kept silent. When she looks back at him she saw him in a corner looking scared while covering his ears whenever there’s a thunder. Jessica worriedly went over him.

Jessica: Team Leader, are you okay? Are you scared of thunder?

Donghae: Isn’t it obvious? Do you have a headset? I need to listen to music.

Jessica: I don’t have.

            A thunder struck again that made him holds on to Jessica. He hugs her tightly that she cannot do anything but stand still. When he realizes what he did Donghae moves away from her. Jessica felt sorry for him so she goes beside Donghae and puts her other hand to cover his right ear while she started to sing on his left. Though he’s still scared but as he continues to listen to her beautiful angelic voice he suddenly feels like his heart melting. It’s like she’s singing a lullaby to him.

            He closes his eyes as he listen to it and when Jessica thought that he’s already asleep she stands up and to find a place for her but suddenly Donghae catches her hand.

Donghae: Jessica, please stay. I need you beside me.

            She looks back at Donghae who looks like an innocent kid begging for her. So she decided to stay beside him. Time passes by and the rain is till pouring hard. They waited for it to stop until they fall asleep. In that cold rainy night Donghae and Jessica kept warm by staying with each other and by not letting go of their hands. 

 

❖❖❖❖

>Thank you for reading!

>HaeSica and TaecYoon shippers, what can you say about this chapter??? 

>Did you like their moments? If you have suggestions feel free to share it. :D

 


 

THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!