CHAPTER 26: VICTIMS OF LOVE

❖~Rubik's Cube~❖

 

 

            Mrs. Han is on her way to the press conference that to clear things up. Her plan is to admit the relationship of TaecYoon while she will announce everything that Donghae did to the company to divert their attention to him. But before she even left the house Ji Won showed in front of her with a book on her hand.

Mrs. Han: What do you want? If you will ask me to change my mind, I already made it up.

Ji Won: No.

Mrs. Han: Then why are you here?

Ji Won: I’m here to remind you of something.

Mrs. Han: About what?

Ji Won: Your happy memories with Dad. I hope this can help you make the right decision.

            She handed her the book and then left. It’s been such a long time since she touches it but it quickly brought tears on her eyes. It’s the memory of her with her husband from the day that they first met until their last happiest day which is Taecyeon’s graduation. She goes on with every happy picture with them together with their children including Donghae. Their past that was full of love that she already forgotten.

 

***********

[Press Conference]

            Mrs. Han (President) came on time and as soon as she walks out of the room the cameras everywhere started to flash.

Mrs. Han: I called a press conference to clear everything that is happening in our company.

Reporter1: Is it true that Taecyeon is dating Yoona?

Mrs. Han: Deh.

Reporter2: How about Donghae? It was revealed that he is having an affair with a North Korean spy.

Mrs. Han: No. His girlfriend is not a spy. She’s just a victim of…of…everything that had happened.

Reporter3: Someone told us that Donghae is an illegitame child of the late Mr. Lee. Is it true?

            Mrs. Han suddenly just stared blanky and doesn’t know how to answer it. Will she help the illegitimate child, Donghae or she will save the company? Her secretary has to call her name to wake her up.

Secretary: President, are you okay?

Reporter3: Again, is Donghae an illegitimate child?

Mrs. Han: Neh. He is. I know what you are all thinking. And again I’ll say that he’s also a victim of the mistakes from the past. That kid. He doesn’t know how to give up on things that he loves, just like Taecyeon; they are tougher than I am. They don’t deserve anything that is happening in their lives right now.

            She can’t help to pour out her emotions and so tears voluntarily flows down from her eyes showing her soft spot in everone. The secretary helped her out and ended the press conference. Then Mrs. Han quickly goes back to hospital to check how they are doing. When she got there Taecyeon and Ji Won quickly gave her a hug.

Mrs. Han: Ji Won-ah, thank you. You made me realize my true treasures are. I’m sorry; I forgot that I have family.

Taecyeon: Omma, don’t cry.

            He said as he sweetly wipes it away.

Ji Won: We’re also proud of you, omma. You will always be the best mother for us.

 


 

[CEO Office]

            On the other hand, after making another scandal Seohyun has been summoned in the CEO office right away early next morning. She is scared of the CEO but she is determined to take responsibility about it. And as soon as she entered his room Seohyun bowed down and apologize. 

Seohyun: Sorry! Forgive me for not telling you! But I will not delete it.

CEO: Sorry?! After what you did?!

Seohyun: I’m sorry.

CEO: Aish!! You!

            The CEO is really angry at her but then Manager Kang came in to the rescue.

Manager Kang: Sir! Don’t get angry with her!

CEO: What are you doing here?

Manager: She did the right thing.

CEO: What did you say?

Manager: It came out positively. Many of their married wives fans defended them. They also felt sorry about Yoona and some also like Taecyeon-ssi now.

CEO: Really? How?

            Manager Kang puts his arm around Seohyun.

Manager: Because of this brave girl. Above all else they admired Seohyun of her courage.

Seohyun: Me? I just posted what I felt and the letter of Taecyeon? What is…good about that?

Manager: Aish. Just accept it. (Smiles)

CEO: Is that so?

Manager: Not only that a video about a boy group mocking and fighting with another boyband was released that’s why they forgot about TaecYoon.

CEO: Assa! Good, good.

            He laughs loudly that Seohyun and Manager Kang can only stare at him then he goes outside leaving the room. When they’re finally alone, Seohyun faces Manager Kang and sincerely send her gratitude.

Seohyun: Manager Kang, thank you so much.

            Manager Kang has a beaming smile when he heard it. However, his reply to her did not only made her smile but also made her heart beats fast.

Manager: I told you before I will not let you guys hurt, right? Especially you… Seohyun-ah.

 


 

[Taecyeon’s Office]

 

            The reporters are all gone so Taecyeon can now freely go back to his office without any worries. When he got inside Taecyeon quickly gives a video call to Yoona. While waiting for her he cannot hide his happiness. Eyes are full of tears, ears and face turn red. That’s why Yoona got surprised and worried at the same time when she saw his face like that.

Yoona: Are you okay?

Taecyeon: (Nod) Deh. I’m just too happy.

Yoona: Aigoo, you scared me.

Taecyeon: Did you see the news. We’re finally official.

            Yoona gives him a faint smile as she also knows that this is just the beginning of it but Taecyeon did not notice and just continues to wipe his tears.

Yoona: But…this is just the start of it.

Taecyeon: I know! But we’re already done with the first step. The following will be a bit easier, right? Cheer-up, my deer. Choco-Taecyeon is always here.

            His funny love-line made Yoona burst into laughter but Taecyeon remained clueless about it.

Yoona: Yah! Is that a poem? It’s funny.

Taecyeon: This is how you get me inspired!

Yoona: My boyfriend really looks tough on the outside but you’re such a cry baby and cute inside.

Taecyeon: I’m cute but not cry baby! I’m just too happy!

Yoona: Why? Cry baby is also cute.

 

            He said it like a kid so Yoona laugh at him again. Hearing it is like music in his ears; though it’s loud it’s one thing that he always likes to keep on listening. However, she stops when she remembers about his issue with his brother.

Yoona: Taecyeon-ah, have you talked to your brother?

Taecyeon: (Looks down) not yet. But…I’m already planning it.

Yoona: Stop planning and go! You don’t know what’s going to happen so you should do what you can do now.

Taecyeon: As if there’s going bad to happen. But you’re right. Well then I should say goodbye now. I hope to see you soon.

Yoona: Me too. I miss you! Bye!

            They hang up and after talking to Hye In Taecyeon started looking for his brother. He’s not answering his calls and is nowhere to be found so he started to get a bit worried of him. He asks her sister and she said that Donghae meets up with Jessica. Since Taecyeon doesn’t have the new number of Jessica he called Yuri for it.

Taecyeon: Yuri-ssi, do you know where Jessica is?

Yuri: Oppa! Oh, she’s with Donghae. Why?

Taecyeon: Can I have her number. I just really need to talk to her and Donghae.

Yuri: Okay. I’ll send her number to you. But…you cannot talk to her through phone.

Taecyeon: Why?

Yuri: You still don’t know? She’s…deaf.

Taecyeon: Jessica? My dongsaeng? Is this…real? How? When?

Yuri: Just send her a message and talk to her.

            She sends her number and so Taecyeon is able to contact Jessica. He quickly sends her a message and quickly waited for her reply.

Taecyeon: Jessica-ssi!!! This is oppa! Taecyeon-oppa! Do you remember me? ^^ How is my dongsaeng? Can we talk? Where are you?

*********

            Jessica’s hands are on the pocket of her coat and when she felt the vibration of her phone. With trembling hands she reads it and instead of sending a message she gave him a call. When Taecyeon saw her number calling he got surprise and confuse at the same time if she’s really deaf.

Taecyeon: Jessica? I thought…anyway, where are you?

Jessica: O-pp-a…

            She answered stuttering while grating her teeth because the coldness is taking her whole body. But she still keeps on talking just to send Taecyeon a message to help Donghae.

Taecyeon: Are you okay? Where are you? (He asked worriedly)

Jessica: O-pp-a, he-elp Dong-hae. Miss-ster… took h-iim. Ppl-eease he-elp.

            Then after that Taecyeon only heard a busy tone from the other line.

 


 

 

            The night started to get even colder but that did not move her or even the wind that brushes through her delicate skin. She just stood there, waiting for Mr. Han. The tears on her eyes dries up as well as which frequently breathes out the only warm air that is left in her body.Time passes by and Jessica started shivering. There is numbness all over her body but her heart, mind and soul is just focus on one thing, and that is to fight for Donghae.   

            Inside the house, Donghae is still not giving up and the two guards are also getting tired. Whenever they knock him down he always goes up and fights. His determination did not fail him and in the end he finally got his freedom. He walks out faintly and when Mr. Han heard the commotion from his room he went out and got surprise to see him. Donghae grabs on his clothes hanging on to him and gave him a glare.

Donghae: Where is…Jessica? What…did you do to her?

Mr. Han: Yah! What did you do to him?!

            Mr. Han asked his guards angrily because Donghae got beaten up.

Guard: Sorry sir, he kept on fighting. That guy is not ordinary.

Donghae: Harabeoji!!! Where is Jessica?! 

Mr. Han: Are you really this crazy?! She’s already gone! She will never wait or fight for you!

            But Donghae did not listen and just walks outside with the last strength left in him. All Mr. Han did is to watch him and cannot even move to stop him. He opens the door and strong wind meets him but he did not care and stepped out barefooted. Donghae then has wide eyes when he saw a familiar figure lying on the freezing ground covered with snow.

Donghae: Jessica!!!

            Donghae shouted as he rushes to her. He quickly gave his coat then he took the cold body of Jessica on to his arms and hugged her tightly to help her warm. He continues to call her name and shakes her to waken her.

Donghae: Jessica…Jessica… wake up…wake up.

            He cried as he begged even just to open her eyes but tears streamed on his face as she remained the same. Donghae wanted to carry and bring her to the hospital but with his frail body all he can do is to be on her side, to keep her warm while not minding the freezing breeze striking on his bones. He stayed with her until he himself, also, loses the final strength left in him.

 

 

❖❖❖❖

>That's it! Thank you for reading and commenting! 

 


 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! 

credit:bibleverse|tumblr