39

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

If the silence of awkwardness could kill, then circle of eight would be dead by now. Everyone stare at their foods, mostly the four that sort of don’t want to look at anyone right now, and it was getting uncomfortable to the underclassmen.

                Niel glanced at everyone and raised his right brow with confusion, the sudden silence was killing him, especially Ricky because the poor boy was fidgeting in his seat. He looked at his hamburger, but made a face of disgust, losing his appetite. He pushed the plate away and slammed his hands on the table, causing everyone to look at him.

                “What’s wrong Daniel?” CAP asked.

                “You’re asking me what’s wrong?!” Niel exclaimed, but cleared his throat when he started to attract attention. “You should be asking those four right there!” He pointed to Chunji, L.Joe, Nicole and Eunhee, gaining their attentions.

                “What do you mean?” Chunji asked.

                “Are you playing dumb?” Niel questioned. He gave the older boy a glare. “Since we all sat down the four of you went into a world of pure silence. Why is that?”

                The four of them didn’t say anything, they avoided each other’s gazes, so they set their eyes only Niel.

                “Does this have to do with the drama club’s Romeo & Juliet? ‘Cause isn’t your guys’ Language class and some other class as well apart of the cast?” Changjo asked them.

                The mention of the play’s name the four froze and everything went tense. Niel looked at them skeptically and turned to Changjo. “What are you talking about?”

                “Oh well my homeroom teacher was talking about the drama club. They’re holding the production with like two Languages class, since those classes were doing Romeo & Juliet it’s been said their test for the play will be doing the play live for the school.” Changjo informed.

                “Wait no mention live for the school.” L.Joe said, finally saying something. Eunhee looked at him and rolled her eyes.

                “Well I think it’s a given saying that the drama club is part of it it’ll be live in front of the school. In front of the goddamn school.” Eunhee grumbled the last part and forcedly stabbed her pasta.

                “What’s your part noona?” Ricky asked, finally wanting to say something. He leaned over the table and looked at Eunhee with sparkles in his eyes, which made Eunhee cringe and back away.

                Eunhee obviously didn’t want to say the role she had got, many reasons being that Nicole hadn’t really talked to her, other than their messaging, but overall they haven’t really talked. The other reason was that she honestly didn’t think Chunji would like for her to remind him that she was Juliet and not Nicole.

                Yeah, so no for talking.

                Ricky looked at her with a frown, “Are you not going to answer me?”

                CAP let out a heavy breath and rubbed his face. He looked around at the faces and groaned, he said (in his head) that he wouldn’t really get involved in what they were talking about, but looking at them right now was sort of frustrating him.

                He said he wouldn’t get involve, but really he couldn’t.

                “Nicole’s part of the coordinating team, L.Joe is on the lighting team, while Chunji and Eunhee are Romeo and Juliet. There all done.”

                CAP grabbed his water bottle and twist the cap off and basically drowned himself with some water. The younger kids looked at CAP and then that the four with their mouths wide opened. When CAP announced their roles, everything had clicked together, the four were obviously not talking because of their roles, especially Chunji and Eunhee. They almost had the right to be quiet, as well with Nicole, but the three youngest were confused as to why L.Joe was being quiet…

                Everyone was quiet after that was said. Chunji took a sip out of his milk and took a quick glance at the other three before looking at his milk. “I met Mrs. Cho while coming here. She said we all have to be in the theatre after school to get everything settled and arrange.”

                The other three looked at him and quietly nodded their heads.

                Eunhee looked at her pasta, she looked like she was about to eat it, but push the plate away from her and looked at Nicole, who wore a frown on her face and messed around with her food. Eunhee sighed while standing up from her seat and taking Nicole with her out of the cafeteria. The boys all looked at them, but didn’t dare to say anything.

 

 

--------

 

 

Both girls were sitting at the steps by the cafeteria, they both didn’t say anything, they just sat in silence. Eunhee looked at Nicole, “You okay?”

                Nicole pouted and shook her head, “I’m not okay, but I don’t blame you.”

                “Are you sure? Because it’s totally fine if you do, I’ll understand.”

                Nicole looked at Eunhee with a frown and clung to her left arm. “I don’t hate you, I just don’t like this, especially when I’m feeling like I’m dying.”

                Eunhee sighed and leaned her body towards Nicole. “Don’t worry I feel like I’m dying too.”

 

 

--------

 

 

It was after school and CAP was going to give the three younger ones a ride home but they said they wanted to stay after school and watch the others at the theatre, he told them they couldn’t since it’s supposed to be private to the eyes that’s not on the production or doing the play. But somehow they were able to get in and CAP just wonders how they always do this. It scares him greatly.

                CAP thought it was a good idea to get some snacks for everyone, especially to the four that are going through… some troubles.

                So he made his way to the nearest convenience store to get some snacks. The bell rang as he entered the store, he gave a small bow to the person behind the counter before searching some snacks for the youngsters.

                He searched through the aisles looking at the different snacks they had. He didn’t know what they wanted so he basically got the things he saw and placed them into the basket. He wasn’t really paying any attention of what he was getting, and he didn’t pay attention that the bell rang indicating someone entered the store. He was still grabbing things and didn’t see someone in front of him and accidently bumped into someone.

                “Oh I’m so sorry.” CAP said, it wasn’t a drastic bump that the things they were holding would fall, but still bad that it might’ve hurt.

                “It’s fine,”

                CAP froze at the sound of the voice. It was female and the voice was easily recognizable to CAP. He slowly looked up and met eyes with the girl that seemed to occupy his mind 90% of the time, the other 10% is mostly his parents, school, the kids (the people that are younger in other words his friends), and work.

                “Noona…”

                The girl smiled at him once she recognize who it was. “Oh, Minsoo-ah, what are you doing here?”

                CAP was a little flustered seeing the girl he was currently crushing on. He felt that his lips were dry, so he gave his lips some moisture by them. “Uhh, I’m buying some food for my dongsaengs.”

                The girl smiled, “You’re so nice to them.” The girl looked at the many snacks in CAP’s basket, and CAP had the feeling to hide it from her. “I really want to keep talking to you, but my break is almost over and I have to get to work soon.”

                “Oh,” CAP almost frowned at that, but he didn’t want to show it to her. “I don’t hold you back from your work, and I should be getting back to the youngsters anyways, they can get pretty fussy if not given food, especially Ricky. He’s like a puppy, really.”

                The girl smiled and laughed, “I think Ricky’s adorable.”

                CAP smiled, “Every girl does.”

                The girl smiled, she went to the counter and got her drink and some snacks paid before turning to CAP, “I’ll see you around Minsoo.”

                “Yeah, I’ll see you around.” He smiled at her as he saw her leave the store. As she left the store his smiled faltered a bit and he sighed. “Yeah, I’ll see you around Gina.”


This chapter was mainly about the others knowing about the play issue and little introduction to CAP's lady crush. I chose Gina because I thought she fits his ideal type in a way I guess, also CAP picked her for something a long time ago, but whatever. Next chapter will be about the intro to the play as well some jealousy feuds~~ 
That'll be fun~

Comment & Subscribe~

 

Also a picture of Gina~