32

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

Chunji sat in his chair and stared at the blonde hair boy that was building the fire. L.Joe could feel the stare coming from the older boy, but he chose to ignore it. He didn’t need to get initiated with the topic that is currently on Chunji’s mind. L.Joe took a quick glance at the two girls that were at the stove cooking something. The girls were on cooking duty, well mostly Nicole; Eunhee just sat down on the chair near the table that the stove is on.

                L.Joe stared at Eunhee for a little while before going back to the fire. He poked the burning wood with his stick with a solemn expression on his face. “I can’t believe it,” He heard Chunji say, which caused L.Joe to roll his eyes. It was bound to happen eventually; L.Joe sighed, and shook his head. “Like I didn’t expect you to love her.”

                “I’m not in love with her,” L.Joe told him, “Nor am I crushing on her.”

                “But that look-“

                “Just because I have ‘a look’ doesn’t mean I’m in love again.”

                “But-“

                “Knock it off, Chunji. I’m not in the mood.”

                Chunji pouted and frowned at L.Joe. He crossed his arms and remained to sulk, “I know what I saw.”

                “Okay, yeah, keep telling yourself that.”

                “C’mon L.Joe-“

                “You know Chunji I’m currently playing with fire, so if you don’t want to get 3rd degrees burns I suggest you stop now.” Chunji shudder at the threat given to him and just made a face at him and kept quiet. “Good boy,”

                And with that L.Joe got a slap on the back.

 

------

 

Eunhee was sitting on the chair, cutting some celery that was given to her. She didn’t want to stand up and lean over and cut the celery, so she just sat down and cut the celery. “Why don’t you stand up and cut?” Nicole asked her, while she was stirring the soup.

                “Too lazy,”

                Nicole laughed, “Even in a time like this you are forever lazy.”

                Eunhee smiled at Nicole, “It’s because I’m lovely.”

                “I wouldn’t put it like that, but yeah, I guess so.” Nicole laughed, which caused Eunhee to laugh as well.

                “What’s so funny?”

                Eunhee jumped, dropping the knife quickly, thank goodness she didn’t hurt herself. Eunhee glared at the younger boy, “What the hell is your problem?”

                Niel tilted his head to the left, confused at what Eunhee was talking about. “What do you mean?”

                “I mean you don’t go out and popped out of nowhere, especially with that someone is holding a freaking knife!”

                Niel looked at the knife that was weirdly place on the cutting board. He sheepishly glance at Eunhee and gave her an awkward grin. “Sorry?”

                Eunhee glared at him, “What do you want?”

                “To be honest I don’t really know.” Niel pulled his chair right next to Eunhee and leaned his head on her shoulder, which made Eunhee feel a little awkward not going to lie. “Everyone is busy, except for Chunji hyung but he won’t talk to me.”

                “I wonder why?” Eunhee asked very sarcastically, but Niel being a little naïve for his on good he didn’t get the sarcasm.

               “I don’t know why,” Niel said a pout visible on his face. Eunhee frowned at the younger, not being able to stay mad. Goodness, why does she have to have a good heart?

                Eunhee sighed, “You can help me cut the vegetables.” Niel looked up at Eunhee and smiled at the older girl.

                “Oh noona, you’re amazing.” Niel said, snuggling up to her closer. Eunhee made a face at this but didn’t do anything about it.

                “Yeah, so I’ve heard,” Eunhee rolled her eyes, “Why are you like this? Isn’t Ricky usually like this?”

                “Yeah, but at least I keep it on the DL.” Eunhee looked at Niel and raised an eyebrow at him.

                “How is this,” Eunhee pointed to their current position, “the DL?”

                Niel blinked at the girl with his big brown eyes, “Trust me, you don’t want to know how crazy Ricky gets with skinship. You would just want to die.” Eunhee just stared at the boy, thinking that boy had gone crazy or something, but catching the younger mouthing ‘trust me’ with the most horrifying expression ever, she thought otherwise.

                “Okay then…” Eunhee glanced at the younger boy that was prancing around the site, looking like a bundle of high energy; literally it was like he was glowing, and Eunhee shudder horribly (seriously to the point people would think she’s having a seizure) at the thought of Ricky’s ‘horrendous skinship’. Eunhee reached for the washed carrot and handed it to Niel, as well a knife. “Here start cutting. Make it look nice too, or Nicole will kill you.”

                Niel laughed, “Yes ma’am.”

                Eunhee smiled and continued to start cutting again. Through this time talking to Niel, Eunhee never noticed a pair of eyes looking at her this whole time.

 

--------

 

L.Joe furiously stabbed the burning wood making the sparks fly around. “You know you’re going to kill all of us you do know that right?”

                L.Joe rolled his eyes at the statement that was being said by the only person that would annoy him. “Maybe I’m trying to kill you,”

                “I knew it; I knew you were a crazy psycho maniac.”

                L.Joe once again rolled his eyes at Chunji, getting fed up with his annoying self, and usually he would be annoyed with Niel and Ricky, because those boys were those most annoying pair ever, but right now his annoyance is going towards the older boy sitting on a red chair.

                “You’re very annoying you know that.”

                “And it must have been annoying watching our little Daniel be touchy-touchy feely-feely with your crush.”

                L.Joe mentally cursed.

                He honestly thought he wouldn’t get caught looking at Eunhee, but this is Chunji we’re talking about here. Chunji knows everything (But he obviously doesn’t know that Nicole had been crushing on him for about forever, because if he did he wouldn’t be a love sick puppy right now).

                L.Joe cleared his throat, rolled his shoulders, and straighten his back, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

                “Oh you know exactly what I’m talking about. You’re not fooling anyone you weirdo. You were discreetly looking at her, and I’m surprised that she didn’t feel your eyes on her.”

                “I wasn’t looking at Eunhee,”

                “I didn’t say you were looking at Eunhee,” L.Joe seriously felt like dying. He should really learn to think before he starts talking. He could practically hear the teasing in Chunji’s voice. “But in all seriousness,” Chunji said, losing the playfulness and going back to being all serious. “I don’t know what you’re feeling but do be careful… I don’t want things to end up like it did before. “

                L.Joe remained quiet and continued to poke the burning wood. Of course he didn’t want things to end up like it did before. He fell in love, and he fell hard. When he told Eunhee the story of his first love, he didn’t tell her the complete story, there were so many things that happened that time it couldn’t be put into a couple minute story. Things were complicated back then and it was suffocating him, so he left.

                But things are different now. He didn’t want things to end up like it did with Hye Joo.

                “… I’ll be careful.”

                And he do hope he’ll be careful. 


To be honest I'm not really satisfied with this chapter. I tried putting things together and then I didn't really like it, so I erased it, and so I typed it again and then I erased it again. And so I did it again and I decided to keep it (the crappy chapter above) and it's short. I'm really sorry! I did my best. I also blame me getting sick from my mom. It's been taking a huge toll on me right now. So I apologize for the extremely crappy chapter. :( 
But I do hope you like it. 
I'll make the next chapter better. Hopefully.

Comment & Subscribe~