Ch. 41

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

As Chunji’s lips was about to touch Eunhee’s he saw a sudden bright light through his closed eyes. He slightly opened them and saw a bright light hitting his eyes. “Ah!” He instantly shut his eyes and backed away from Eunhee, shielding his eyes from the brightening light. Eunhee was confused about what was going so she opened her eyes to only close them again when the bright light hit her.

                “Oh my god!”

                Eunhee crouched down and buried her head in her arms, shielding her whole head from the light. Everyone looked at their Romeo and Juliet in pain from the light that was shining at them.

                “Ugh what’s going on?!” The theatre director shouted. She glared up at the studio ahead of the stage.

                “Uhh yeah my bad, I accidently moved the light.”

                Chunji and Eunhee opened their eyes slowly and they were thinking the same thing.

               

L.Joe…?

 

                The light dimmed down a little and they two were able to fully open their eyes and look at where L.Joe was. They saw the blonde sheepishly waving at them with an awkward smile.

                The theatre director let out a heavy sigh and shook her head, “Maybe it’s time for a break.”

                And with that everyone dispersed and took their break.

 

 

-------

 

 

“Do you think L.Joe hyung did that on purpose?”

                “Why would he do that? He has no reason to.”

                “Maybe he does…?”

                “What are you going on about Ricky?”

                The three youngsters were sitting in the far back of the auditorium getting their own sneak peek to the upcoming play, which honestly they shouldn’t be doing but they are anyways.

                Ricky looked at them and shrugged. “I don’t know maybe there’s a reason why he did that. You never know.”

                Niel and Changjo looked at Ricky with so much confusion. “What are you talking about?” Niel asked the younger one.

                “I mean there must be a reason why he did that. Did you notice that he always gets defensive towards Eunhee?”

                The other had notice. And they were all surprised that Ricky of all people notice. “Wait so you think L.Joe hyung is jealous?” Changjo asked.

                “I didn’t say that, you did.”

                The other two gave the ‘fake maknae’ a disbelief look. “Ricky I swear to god-“

                “Hey what happened?”

                “Holy-“

                The three younger ones caught themselves from cursing when they saw CAP. “Where were you we were getting hungry.” Niel told him, totally forgetting the incident with Ricky.

                “I got your food didn’t I?” CAP tossed the bag with their treats and snacks. “So what happened?”

                “Oh L.Joe flashed a light at Chunji and Eunhee before they kissed, can you give me a choco pie?” Ricky asked.

                CAP looked at the three of them. “Wait, Chunji and Eunhee almost kissed?”

                “Yeah they were reciting the part where Romeo and Juliet kiss for the first time.” Niel told him.

                “Ahh, okay, that makes sense. Nicole didn’t do anything about that?”

                “Wait are you not affected by the fact that L.Joe just flashed a megawatt light at Chunji and Eunhee?” Changjo asked the older.

                CAP looked at them and shook his head. “Why? Should I be?”

                “Uhh, it’s just a little strange why L.Joe would do that.”

                “It’s not strange when you know the reason.”

                “You know the reason?” The three of them asked.

                “Yeah, isn’t it obvious?” CAP said, looking straight ahead at the stage in front of him.

                The other looked at him waiting for him to keep going, but instead they didn’t get anything else but just silence. “Are you not going to tell us?” Niel asked.

                “About what?” CAP looked at them with his blinking at them, acting all clueless.

                “You know what never mind.”

 

 

-------

 

 

Eunhee sat on the edge of the stage with her legs dangling off as she rubbed her eyes. Stupid L.Joe, why the hell did you have to do that? Eunhee frowned and rubbed her eyes again.

                “How are you?”

                Eunhee looked up and what she saw was Nicole right in front of her. Eunhee blinked her eyes, it was mainly from the dryness not from the presence of Nicole. “I’m fine… And you?”

                “I’m fine. How’s the eyes?”

                “They burn like hell. I mean the lights are far away but they are hecka strong.”  

                “Well they are used for long distances. “

                “Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

                Nicole laughed.

                She jumped up and sat down next to Eunhee. They both sat down in silence, both not bothering saying another word. The only sound that was heard was the kicking of the shoes and the back of their shoes hitting the stage.

                “I didn’t want to kiss him.” Eunhee suddenly said.

                Nicole stopped kicking but slowly started again. “I know… Because you want to kiss L.Joe.”

                Eunhee glared at the girl and pushed her off the stage and watched her fall to the ground as she landed on her knees.

                “Ow! Why did you do that?”  Nicole complained, rubbing her knees.

                “That’s for speaking complete nonsense.”

                “It wasn’t complete nonsense. Because I know you want to.” Nicole said, wiggling her eyebrows at her.

                “I’m not talking to you anymore.”

                “But you think he’s attractive!”

                “That doesn’t mean anything, and for starters I said it was CAP oppa.”

                “Oh we all know you actually meant the blondie.”

 

 

--------

 

 

L.Joe sighed and spun in his spinning chair. He was currently by himself in the lighting room while everyone else went to get some fresh air. “You know you’re an .” L.Joe stopped spinning and looked at the person that just came in.

                He saw Chunji by the doorway with his right hand rubbing his eyes. “Yeah… I’m sorry about that.”

                “Are you really?”

                “Probably not,” L.Joe said, while going back to spinning around in the chair.

                “I didn’t kiss Eunhee.”

                “Okay,”

                “Our lips did not touch.”

                “Alight then,”

                “Like no contact whatsoever.”

                “Uh-huh,”

                “I just almost kissed your crush and this is what you’re giving me?” Chunji asked, taking a seat by L.Joe.

                “She’s not my crush, how many times do I have to tell you that?”

                “Yeah keep telling yourself that, and you can keep telling me but I won’t believe it. I’ll believe it when I see it.”

                L.Joe stopped his spinning, which was a good thing because he was getting dizzy, and looked at his best friend. “See what?”

                “Anything that’ll prove me that you are not in love with Eunhee?” Chunji said, crossing his arms to prove his point.

                L.Joe sighed and looked out of the window where he saw the view of the stage. He saw Eunhee and Nicole talking and what looks like it could be an argument or just them playfully teasing each other, I don’t know, the laughing threw him off.

                “I don’t know what I feel for Eunhee and I’m still trying to figure that out now. And besides I don’t want to scare her with all of this. What if I tell her all of this and she freaks out on me? I don’t want to lose her. She was my first friend when moved back and I don’t want to lose that friendship. I almost lost it when I started ignoring her, and that felt like I was losing everything. So I’m sorry for not admitting ‘my crush’ on Eunhee. I just value our friendship more than anything.”

                Chunji stayed quiet while listening to L.Joe. He never thought L.Joe would really feel this way. Why did he have to fall for girls hard? And girls that are related to each other at that. I mean L.Joe had no control on who he liked, it was just het feeling he got when he was with them. May it be with Hye Joo or Eunhee, he felt something. And it scared him deeply.

                “I’m sorry for pressuring you about this.”

                L.Joe let out a small laugh, “It’s fine. I’ll figure it out soon.” Hopefully.  


So much dialogue!! T^T I couldn't handle it, but I kept it in there anayways! I could've done better but I didn't. At least I updated. I'll try to update fast without feeling stressed out, because:

Me + Stress =

Yeah worst thing ever. But I'll try my best, don't lose faith in me!