34

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

Seven year old Eunhee was literally jumping off the walls. It was Christmas and all of her family was coming over to celebrate the holiday. Eunhee was never really an upbeat person, maybe a little hyper, but not all out crazy. But it was Christmas and so that gave her an excuse to be crazy.

                “Eunhee, sweetie, can you please calm down?” Her mother told her from the kitchen. Eunhee ran to the kitchen and stared at her mother.

                “Omma, our family is coming for Christmas. Christmas! I can’t keep calm!”

                Mrs. Kwon sighed at her daughter, but couldn’t help but smile. “Okay, okay, I get it. Now go get your sister for me.” Eunhee smiled and nodded her head happily. She ran up the stairs and banged her fist on her older sister’s door. “Unnie, open up, omma wants you!”

                Eunhee continued to abuse her sister’s door with her fist up until the door of her sister’s door opened. Eunhee saw her middle schooler older sister in front of her. She stared at her younger sister, “Yess?”

                “Omma wants to see you.” Eunhee smiled. Yuri smiled at Eunhee and nodded her head. She walked pass Eunhee, not before patting her head. Eunhee giggled and walked right behind her older sister. As they were walking down the stairs, the doorbell rung, and Eunhee couldn’t hold in her excitement any longer. “They’re here!!”

                She ran past her older sister and was about to open the door when her father came out of nowhere and lifted her up from the ground. “Calm down puppy.” Eunhee squirmed in her father’s arms, trying to reach for the door knob. Mr. Kwon reached for the door knob instead and opened it and Eunhee could see her other family members smiling faces.

                “Merry Christmas,”

                “Merry Christmas,” Mr. Kwon happily said to them, even with a wiggling Eunhee in his arms.

                “Why are you holding Eunhee like that?” One of her aunts had said while entering the house followed by a lot more people.

                “Because this little one is a little excited.”

                  Everyone laughed at that and entered to the living room. Eunhee was still trying to get out of her father’s arms when a voice she very well. “Eunhee,”

                Eunhee looked up and saw a girl her age, her black hair straight down, staring at her with a smile on her face. “Hye Joo!”

                Hye Joo giggled and looked at her uncle, “Uncle, can I go play with Eunhee?” Mr. Kwon smiled at her and nodded his head. He gently placed Eunhee down on the ground and faced her, “Be a good girl, okay?”  

                Eunhee nodded her head and then turned to her cousin, “Let’s go play Hye Joo!” Hye Joo nodded her head and grabbed Eunhee’s hand dragged her away.

 


 

Eunhee was stirring the soup when she abruptly thought about her cousin. How long has it been since she met her cousin? The last time she had seen her was actually last year. Eunhee was at the time was introduced to Hye Joo’s boyfriend. She doesn’t know if they are still together, but it’s probably a likely. They were together since middle school; they wouldn’t end that long relationship… Would they?

                Eunhee felt a poke in her side and saw Niel looking up at her from where he was sitting. “Yeah?”

                “You okay? You seem pretty daze.”

                “Oh,” Eunhee shrugged, “I guess I was thinking about something.”

                “About what?”

                “Just stuff,”

                “Stuff,”

                “Yeah, stuff, I guess some family stuff.”

                “Okay drawing the line from there.” Niel said. Eunhee laughed and nodded her head. “Yeah,” She continued to stir the soup and then thought about Hye Joo. I wonder what you’re doing right now, Hye Joo.

 

-------

 

Life that L.Joe knew it was over. How the hell did he not know that Eunhee and Hye Joo were related? Well maybe because Hye Joo never mentions much about her family, except for the fact that her mother raised her on her own. And right now Nicole was talking about Hye Joo.

                “So you guys knew Hye Joo?”

                “Yeah, we were in the same class as her. Didn’t really talk with each other but yeah we knew her.”

                “That’s interesting.” Nicole looked at L.Joe, who was still having a mental breakdown in his head. “Is L.Joe okay?”

                “Oh he’s probably having a mental breakdown right now.”

                “What?”

                “Nothing, it’s best to ignore him right now.” Nicole looked at Chunji and then back at L.Joe. She narrowed her eyes at them, but ignored the suspicious feeling.

                L.Joe was really having a breakdown. His first love was the cousin of the girl he may or not have a crush on. He buried his face in his hands and groaned. I need to be alone… L.Joe stood up and walked away from everyone else. “Where are you going?” Chunji asked him.

                “For a walk,”

                L.Joe walked away, missing the look Eunhee was giving him.

 


 

Eunhee was now in middle school and so far it wasn’t that bad. Homework was a pain, but nevertheless it was okay. Maybe it was because she had her best friend with her and her favorite cousin. But either way it was okay. She was walking on the sidewalk, heading to her cousin’s house. Usually she’ll be with Nicole, but Nicole had to be at home- family emergency.

                So here was Eunhee; walking along the sidewalk, making her way to her cousin’s place. After what seemed like forever, she made it to her cousin’s house. She ran to the door and knocked on it.

                The door opened and she saw her aunt, “Hi, auntie.”

                Her aunt smiled at her and made room for Eunhee to enter, “How are you Eunhee? Is school alright?”

                Eunhee nodded her head, “Yeah everything is fine.” Eunhee glanced around the place and noticed she didn’t see Hye Joo. “Auntie where’s Hye Joo?”

                “Hye Joo is in her room, you can go see her if you want.” Eunhee nodded her head and ran up the stairs, missing the sad look her aunt had on.

                Eunhee ran up the stairs and down the hall and saw Hye Joo’s bedroom door opened slightly. Eunhee tip-toed her way to the door and poked her head in. “Hello~”

                Hye Joo was at her desk, maybe doing her homework, when a voice was heard. She turned around in her chair and smiled at who she saw. “Hi Eunhee.” Eunhee smiled and barged into the room and jumped on Hye Joo’s bed. “Whatcha doing?”

                “I’m doing some transfer stuff.”

                Eunhee raised her eyebrow at her cousin, “Transfer stuff?”

                “Yeah, I’m transferring schools.”

                Eunhee stared at her cousin and remained quiet. She tried to let the new knowledge sink in. “You’re transferring schools? Why?”

                “It’ll be closer to my new home.”

                “W-What?”

                Hye Joo looked sadly at her cousin, “I’m moving away,” Hye Joo looked down, avoiding the stares she got from her cousin. “I’m sorry,”

                Eunhee felt something wet slide down her face and they continue to slide down. She lifted her hands and felt her cheeks and felt it was wet. Hye Joo looked up and noticed the tears falling down Eunhee’s face. Hye Joo frowned and immediately went to Eunhee and hugged her. “Don’t worry; I will still be able to see you,”

                Eunhee hugged her back and didn’t say anything. How can she say anything when the person she loves and cherish is moving some where away from her?



I'm honestly not satisfied with this chapter to be quite honest. My mind is all over the place and I couldn't get it together for this. This was mainly on how Eunhee and Hye Joo are together. And you can see that they are very close, and that L.Joe is basically screwed. That is all.

Comment & Subscribe~