35

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

Nicole secretly watched L.Joe walk away from the site, and when he knew he was far away from them Nicole picked up her chair and shuffled her way to Chunji and sat down by him. Chunji, who was in his own thoughts, jumped in surprised when he saw Nicole sitting next to him. He didn’t know whether to be happy or to be freaking out. It was leaning more on the freaking out when Nicole leaned closer to him. Chunji’s eyes widen, Is she going to kiss me?! In front of everyone?! But sadly Chunji didn’t get a kiss instead Nicole whispered something to him. “What’s up with L.Joe?”

                Chunji blinked his eyes and stared at Nicole. Is she seriously asking about L.Joe right now? Does she not know about our position?!

 

(Oh Nicole about their position and it took about all of her will power to not freak out and die right on the spot.)

 

“Uhh, what do you mean?”

                “You know,” Nicole stared at Chunji with big eyes, “when I mention Eunhee being related to Hye Joo he went all stone cold.”

                Chunji bit his bottom lip (and Nicole was trying so hard not to squeal) and slightly scratched the back of his head. “I don’t think I’m in no position to say.”

                “Don’t worry, I can keep a secret.” Nicole assured.

                “Yeah I know you can… it’s just that…” Chunji thought so hard how to word this correctly without mentioning Eunhee or Hye Joo. “It involves some people that… L.Joe cares about…?” Chunji closed his eyes in disappointment. I’m a failure.

                “Some people he cares about?”

                “Yeah,” Chunji said, while scratching the side of his head. “L.Joe’s a complicated person and he involves people in his situation without ever knowing it and it sort of messes with him.” Chunji told Nicole, who was staring at him, listening closely to what Chunji was talking about. “And he might realize something and it might be tough for him, so if you see him in a distress mood, just let him be.”

                Nicole nodded her head and back away from Chunji. “It must be bad then, huh?”

                Chunji sighed and looked at the burning fire, “You have no idea. “

 

 

------

 

 

L.Joe walked along the trail and he ended up by a river. The currents of the water were strong but not too strong that would just push you down and drown you. He sat down on a big rock that was close to the edge of the river. He sat with his legs crossed and he looked out of the river. The sound of the river was able to cool down his mind, but wasn’t able to bring him away from what he was thinking.

                How can I not realize that Hye Joo and Eunhee were cousins? I mean they don’t look like each other, so of course I wouldn’t realize it from that. L.Joe shook his head and groaned, putting his face into the palm of his hands. Now that I think about it Hye Joo and Eunhee are almost similar. Both stands out by just being themselves, all natural, doesn’t really care about what others think of them, and there’s probably more if I think hard about it. But they’re also different, Hye Joo was smart and seemed like she like being there at school, while Eunhee… Well Eunhee is Eunhee, she is a bright girl, and she just chooses not to do anything about it.

                L.Joe looked up back to the river again and sighed. Now I’m seriously confused about my feelings. Without thinking much about the current situation, L.Joe’s heart started to beat a little faster when thinking about Hye Joo, he swore that he got rid of his feelings for Hye Joo, but when he thought about her, the hidden feelings he had for her resurfaced. But then L.Joe thought about Eunhee and how he was able to get close to her without even trying much, and how he saw so many sides of her and he felt the beating of his heart go fast as well.

                L.Joe felt so confused, who does he really like, the girl that he tried to forget and moved on from, or the girl that was almost similar to him. He groaned in confusion.

                “What’s got you all rallied up?”

                L.Joe jumped at the new voice and turned to see who it was and it was the girl that he didn’t want to see at the moment. “What are you doing here, Eunhee?” Eunhee walked up to him and sat by him.

                “I noticed you were a little upset about something after talking with Nicole and Chunji.” L.Joe turned to Eunhee and stared right at her. She didn’t hear anything, right? Like she was reading his mind, Eunhee answered the wanted question. “If you’re wondering if I heard anything, I didn’t. You guys were talking pretty quietly, and besides I was basically putting my attention on dinner. “

                “That reminds me,” L.Joe said, after calming down. “Why aren’t you doing dinner?”

                “Like I said you seemed upset and I wanted to know what was going on.” L.Joe turned away from Eunhee and stared back at the river. “And I also wanted to discuss some things.”

                “Like what?” L.Joe mentally cursed when the words came out a little too harsh.

                “Like that,” Eunhee pointed out. “Not only are your words a little harsh, but your actions.” L.Joe turned to Eunhee again and gave her a confused look. “Are you ignoring me by any chance?”

                L.Joe’s eyes slightly widen when Eunhee straight out and asked him if he was ignoring her. Yes, he sort of was, but he never thought the latter would ever notice, and for some reason he felt glad. She actually cares enough to realize. But even if L.Joe was ignoring Eunhee, he would never really tell her that. He cleared his throat and straighten out his back. “What makes you say that?”

                “Well for starters when you freaking jumped in front of me and then you freaking blew me off! We totally fine before what the hell happened?”

                L.Joe sighed, “It’s complicated. “

                “How can it be complicated? Are you upset with me?”

                L.Joe abruptly turned to Eunhee with wide eyes. “No! I’m not upset with you.”

                “Then why are you ignoring me!” L.Joe opened his mouth to speak but Eunhee cut him off. “And don’t you dare say it’s complicated!”

                L.Joe sighed and messed up his blonde hair. “But it is!”

                Eunhee stood up and glared down at L.Joe. “Why can’t you tell me?”

                “It’s complicated.” Eunhee groaned and walked down the pile of rocks by the riverside. “Eunhee where are you going?”

                “I’m going to throw rocks into the river and imagine it was your goddamn head!”

                L.Joe flinched at the statement but noticed the currents of the river were still a little strong. “Eunhee, its dangerous don’t go near there.” L.Joe stood up from his spot and went towards Eunhee.

                “You’re not the boss of me.”

                “Eunhee,”          

                Eunhee didn’t listen to L.Joe and continued to walk towards the edge of the river. As she was to the edge of the river the currents hit the rock in front of Eunhee and water splashed on Eunhee, making her all wet. “Ahh!” Because of the sudden splash Eunhee took a step back but missed her footing and she tripped. She shut her eyes, preparing herself for a fall to the hard ground. But the impact never came. Eunhee knew she fell and was on the ground but was not on the ‘earth’, she was on something else. She heard a groan that made her jumped, she turned to see L.Joe with a pain expression.

                “Can’t you be any more careful?”

                Eunhee frowned, “Shut up.”

                L.Joe sighed and stared at Eunhee and right there he felt his heartbeat increased. Eunhee’s hair was slightly wet due to the water, drops of it was sliding down her face and subconsciously L.Joe used the sleeve of his jacket to wipe some of it off, which caused Eunhee to jump in surprised. L.Joe’s eyes trailed every part of Eunhee’s face, including her lips, and without him knowing, he started to lean in.


And here you go! Chapter 35! As you can see L.Joe is conflicted and is in real deep. He needs help.
I wanted to make this a little long but I couldn't. I will try to make the next chapter a littl longer.
I forgot to tell you but thank you for subscribing to this story, even with the messed up plot and late updates, thank you for subscribing! It makes me happy! And we're almost to 100 subscribers! :) Like omg!

Thank you guys!

Comment & Subscribe~

P.S. Don't forget to tell your mothers you love them and thank them for their hard work! They deserve it! Happy Mother's Day~