02

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

Eunhee stood in the hallway, still confused. L.Joe poked his head out the door. "You just gonna stand there, or you going to help me?" Eunhee snapped out of it and looked at him. He had his eyebrows raised.

"Y-Yeah." Eunhee went through the door and saw the bedroom empty, with a bed and some other furnitures. "Wow, there is like nothing in here." L.Joe looked at her.

"Well I did just moved in."

"Oh yeah..." L.Joe rolled his eyes. "What do you want me to do?" Eunhee asked, while taking a seat on the bed. 

"Just sit there and be cute." He smiled. Eunhee glared at him. He chuckled. "I'm kidding. There's a box right by the bed and in there will be some books, you can put them on the shelf." Eunhee nodded her head and found the box by the bed. She placed it on the bed and opened it. She looked through all the different varieties of books. 

"I didn't know you like to read." She said, going to the book shelf and placing the books on there.

"Well I do. It can bring you into a different world." Eunhee looked at him weird. "What?"

"You just don't look like the type of guy to be reading." L.Joe chuckled.

"Then what type of guy do I look like?"

"I don't know. A guy that would go crazy and destroy things?" Shrugging her shoulders.

"So a psycho maniac?" Raising his eyebrows. 

"I guess." L.Joe couldn't help but laugh.

"You're really interesting."

"How?"

"Just are."

"Okay...?"

"Take it as a compliment." Eunhee nodded her head. She continued to place the books on the shelf. After awhile she finish. She saw L.Joe still unpacking, so she decided to look around the room. She saw a balcony and decided to go outside. It wasn't as sunny anymore but a little windy. On Eunhee's right side, she saw another balcony. Isn't that my balcony...? She thought. "What a nice view." She quickly turned around and saw L.Joe coming out the doors with his arms spread open. "I really missed this place."

"You use to live here?" She asked him.

"Yeah. Was born here, but I moved to America when I was in middle school." Eunhee nodded her head. "I'm just happy to be back. Has this place change since I left?"

"Well I don't know. For me it's the same old thing all over again. And I'll tell you this it's getting really boring." She frowned. L.Joe looks at her.

"Why? Nothing fun in that life of yours?" Eunhee shook her head. "Wow that really ."

"It does."

"Eunhee, we're leaving." Yuri said, coming inside the bedroom. "Where are you?" 

"Out here." Yuri peeked outside and saw her standing there. Yuri grinned widely, seeing her younger sister with a boy.

"Am I interrupting something?"

"No." Eunhee shook her head. Yuri's grin deflated.

"Oh. Well we're leaving now. Say goodbye." And with that Yuri left. Eunhee took a look at L.Joe.

"I guess I'll be seeing you around." L.Joe nodded his head.

"Yeah." Eunhee went inside and left the room. She made her way downstairs and bid her farewell to the Lees. And her family went home. After getting inside the house, Eunhee made her way to her room and crash landed into her bed. She heard her mother yelling for her.

"Yah! Eunhee, don't you want dinner?!"

"No!" She hugged her pillow and stared into space. I didn't really get much from him. She thought, Sigh. I guess I could get something out of him some other day. Eunhee closed her eyes and let her mind wander into a deep sleep.

******

~Monday Morning~

Nicole woke up early and like she usually do, she did her hygiene routine, put on her uniform and said goodbye to her mother. Like any other day, Nicole would usually wake up early and make her way to Eunhee's house for breakfast and to walk to school with her. She never bother eating breakfast at home, her mother would leave early anyways everyday to open up her restaurant for the breakfast hours. The walk to Eunhee's from Nicole's wasn't that far. You just had to pass a playground and walke a couple of blocks and you're there.

While walking on the sidewalks she passed the playground, since it's early no one was there, but she notice a figure sitting at the end of the slide. Judging by the figure it was a male. He had headphones on, so he couldn't hear anything around him. Nicole looked at the male, curiously. Who would be at a playground at this time of day? She thought. She slowly walked towards him, trying to see who it was. Her heart started to beat faster once she saw who it was. Oh my god. Oh my god! What is he doing here?! From what I heard he doesn't even live around this neighborhood. Nicole bit down on her lip. Even in his school uniform he still looks good. Nicole shook her head on that thought. No! Nicole you can't think like that. He doesn't even notice you. She sighed and was about to turn and leave, when she accidently walked into a metal pole. It made a clang type noise. Nicole rubbed her now red forehead. "Oww!"

"Whose there?" Nicole jumped in surprised. She turn around and saw the male looking around the playground. She squeaked and hid inside the cave. She saw the male get up from his spot on the slide and started looking around the playground. Nicole prayed that he wouldn't look inside the cave, and it was like her prayers were answered when he shrugged his shoulders and went back to the slide. Nicole let out a heavy sigh. She wanted a couple of minutes before peeking out. She didn't see the figure on the slide anymore. I wonder where he went? She thought, Ah, who cares. I'm glad he didn't see me. Now off to Eunhee's! Nicole got out of the cave and skipped her way to Eunhee's house. What she didn't know, that the male figure came out from the other side of the cave and watched her happily skip away. He let out a small smile, while watching her leave.

-------

Nicole made it to Eunhee's house. She went inside, not even bothering to ring the door bell. She took off her shoes and made her way to the kitchen, where she saw Mrs.Kwon making breakfast. "Hi, omma Kwon!" That was nickname for Mrs.Kwon ever since Nicole met the Kwons when she was little. Mrs.Kwon turn away from the stove and looked at Nicole and smiled. 

"Oh! Nicole! Good to see you."

"You too!"

"Eunhee's still sleeping."

"Of course she is." She said, rolling her eyes. Mrs.Kwon let out a small chuckle. "I'll go wake her up."

"Thank you." Nicole nodded her head. She ran up the stairs and went down the hall and into Eunhee's room. She just barged in and immediately went to the bed, where the sleeping girl laid.

"WAKE UP~~ WE HAVE SCHOOL TODAY~" Nicole hugged the squirming girl. Eunhee tried getting out of Nicole's grasp but failed to do so.

"Let go, Nicole."

"Only if you wake up." She heard the latter sigh, before replying. 

"Okay. Fine, I'll wake up." Nicole smiled and let go of the girl. Eunhee, lazily, got up and mumbled some words. "I can always sleep in first period." Nicole rolled her eyes at the younger girl.

------

After doing her routine, Eunhee made her way downstairs, where she saw Nicole eating her breakfast in the kitchen. Her mother gave her a plate and she seated herself next to Nicole. They both ate their breakfast in peace. After they were done, it was 7.25AM and school starts at 8.10AM sharp. They both bid Mrs.Kwon goodbye and they headed to school. It was a 10 minute walk to the school, so they didn't rush. "So whose the new family?" asked Nicole, pointing to the Lee's house.

"The Lees. They moved here from the US-"

"USA BABY!!!" shouted Nicole, twirling around. Eunhee rolled her eyes and continued on.

"-Yeah from the US. They have a son, name Lee Byunghun-"

"Like the actor?!" Eunhee glared at her.

"Will you stop interrupting me?!"

"Sorry. But please continue." Nicole motion Eunhee to go on. Eunhee sighed.

"-Yeah like the actor. But he has a nickname that people call him, L.Joe." Nicole raised her right brow. "Yeah weird, huh? But I didn't really get much from him." Nicole nodded her head.

"Okay. I guess having a new neighbor could be fun. That's something new, right?"

"We'll see." They two of them continue to talk while making their way to school.


In this chapter it has a little bit of Nicole and her secret admirer. It will be revealed who later on, but not now. Maybe soon. If there's mistakes in here, I'm sorry. I'll edit this...maybe...

Comment & Subscribe~