37

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

Everyone in the classroom stared at the four standing in the back. Mrs. Cho raised an eyebrow at the four students at the back. “Umm is there a problem?” She stared at them with much force in her eyes, daring them to say something.

                “No, nothing’s a problem.”

                After that the four students sat down in their seats with a heavy feeling on their shoulders.

 

 

------

 

 

It was the end of their first period, and before Eunhee could talk to Nicole, she quickly packed her stuff and made her exit from the classroom, and headed to the music room. Eunhee sadly looked at the retreating back figure of Nicole and packed her stuff. She slung her backpack over her shoulder and saw Chunji looking at her, “I’ll see you around.” Eunhee nodded her head. Chunji turned to L.Joe and said the same thing and made his way to his next class.

                L.Joe looked at Eunhee, who was sadly looking at him, “Let’s go to gym.” Eunhee nodded her head and they both made their way to gym.

                The way there was quiet and L.Joe couldn’t help but feel worried for Eunhee right now. She hasn’t said a word after Mrs. Cho revealed she will be playing Juliet while Chunji will be playing Romeo. He glanced at the girl walking beside him, who has her head down while walking. She wasn’t watching at where she was going, so L.Joe had to hold on to her forearm to prevent her from injuring herself and others.

                They made it to the gym and was about to head to the locker rooms when L.Joe realized that they had to go into different locker rooms. “Are you going to be okay?” Eunhee stared at him and gently took his hands away from her arm and let out a soft ‘yeah’ before entering the locker room. L.Joe sighed before going into the male locker room.

 

 

-------

 

 

Everyone exited out of the locker rooms and reluctantly made their way to the basketball court. Everyone was huddled around Coach Yang, waiting for them to reveal what they were going to do today. “Okay, my little Neanderthal,” Everyone started to question the weird nickname they were given, but Coach Yang continued, “Today we’re going to play a little game called basketball. Yay,” Coach Yang said unenthusiastically.

                L.Joe completely tuned out whatever Coach Yang was talking about and tried searching for a certain dark brown haired girl. He smiled when he saw her, chatting with another girl, presumably Luna. He was about to go up to her when he was met with a smiling face. “Hey oppa!” L.Joe could feel a frown coming on when he saw Hyemi in front of him.

                “Hi…”

                “So are you ready for basketball?” She asked him, blocking his view from Eunhee.

                “Yeah, I’m totally stoked,” He wasn’t stoked, he could careless at what they do, but right now all he wanted to do was go up to Eunhee and see if she’s okay.

                “That’s great! I hope we get on the same team.” Hyemi was still blocking his view from Eunhee, and L.Joe wanted to push her away and go to Eunhee, but that was rude and his mother taught him better than that.

                “Yeah, I hope so too,” Again L.Joe wasn’t really hoping for anything, he could care less. But seeing the smile on Hyemi’s face grow bigger, he shouldn’t really say things he really doesn’t mean, but L.Joe never really learns anything from that. He could feel Hyemi dragging him away and he lost the sight of Eunhee. He frowned, Coach Yang was still discussing about the teams and he was about to pass CAP, before gripped on his shirt, bringing him along with him. “Eunhee is upset, talk to her, do something I don’t care make her feel better.”

                CAP looked at him weirdly, before asking why. “Let’s just say it has something to do with Romeo & Juliet and Romeo is Chunji while the Juliet isn’t Nicole.”

                CAP still looked at him weirdly before catching on what L.Joe was trying to say, “Ohh, okay I’ll just use my senior charms.” He smiled at the younger boy. L.Joe gritted his teeth and forcedly smiled, “Okay,” And he let go of his shirt was dragged away to God knows where, only watching how CAP made his way to Eunhee.

 

 

---------

 

 

“Am I a bad friend?” Eunhee asked Luna, when Coach Yang was talking about the rules and the teams. Luna turned to Eunhee and stared at her with confusion in her eyes.

                “Why are you asking? Cause I don’t think you’re a bad friend.”

                 Eunhee sadly chuckled, “I just feel really crappy and I just feel like I’m a horrible friend.”

                “Is this about the whole Romeo & Juliet thing in your Literature class?”

                Eunhee and Luna turned their heads to see CAP standing right next to them. “How do you know that?” Eunhee asked him.

                “L.Joe told me,” CAP gave her a sad smile, “You know you shouldn’t feel too bad about this.”

                “I’m still confused,” Luna said, and CAP turned to her. “Well Chunji is Romeo and Eunhee is Juliet-“

                “And Nicole is probably an emotional wreck, I understand.” Luna smiled.

                Now it was Eunhee’s turn to look confused. “You knew about Nicole’s crush on Chunji?”

                Luna nodded her head and smiled. “It’s sort of obvious.” Eunhee rolled her eyes, I knew it, she was being obvious. “And you shouldn’t feel guilty about this either, it wasn’t your decision to be Juliet.”

                “I still do, regardless who made the decision.”

                “If it makes you feel any better, I think someone is also feeling like crap about this too.”

                Eunhee looked at CAP, “I don’t quite follow you.”

                “Well let’s just say that two certain people don’t know how to whisper correctly.” Eunhee raised her eyebrow at the vague answer, and was about to question him even further, but his finger was placed on her lips, “It’s not my place to say, and besides I’m not that guy that goes and tell secrets.” He pulled away his finger and winked at her before leaving to see Coach Yang.

                “Umm what was that?” Luna asked.

                “I will tell you but I don’t quite know myself.”

 

 

-------

 

 

Coach Yang finally led out the teams and they were finally able to play. There were four teams and two teams were to play on the court while the other two teams were to sit on the bleachers and wait for their turns.

                Eunhee’s team wasn’t playing and so was Luna’s, so they both had the joy ride of not playing right now, but she couldn’t say so for L.Joe and CAP. But it looked like they didn’t mind. They were against each other again, and that gave them all of the excuses to go neck and neck at each other and hard while playing basketball.

                Eunhee was fidgeting with her phone in her gym shorts pocket, the decision to ask Nicole if she was having a mental breakdown was still up for discussion. “You know if you just want to talk to her, just do it.” She heard Luna say.

                “Should I? I mean Nicole is never in her right mind when she’s breaking down.”

                “Isn’t everybody?”

                “True,” Eunhee pulled out her phone and looked at it.

                “Just say hey for now, nothing too big.” Luna suggested.

                “Okay, yeah, a simple hey could ease into a conversation.” Eunhee unlocked her phone and opened up for a new message.

 

To: Nicole
Hey.

 

                Eunhee waited for a while and was about to give up until her phone lit up indicated that she got a message.

 

From: Nicole
Hi

 

                Hi? Just a ‘hi’? And without a period?! Who does that?!... Why am I getting worked up about this?

 

To: Nicole
Umm, are you okay?

 

-

 

From: Nicole
I’m fine.

 

-

 

Eunhee was about to reply back, but she instantly got a message back from Nicole.

 

From: Nicole
No, I’m not fine. But I’m not mad at you. You didn’t do anything, I’m just… why am I not Juliet?! T^T

 

Even if Eunhee still thinks she’s being a horrible friend for being Juliet, Nicole was still Nicole, so the good thing is that she really can’t stay mad… or be mad. So Eunhee had nothing to worry about.

 

 

But she still feels bad.


Here's a promise! Here's Chapter 37! I hope you like it! And I hope you like it! 

Promise that I'll update again in the week after next week. :)

Comment & Subscribe~