Ch. 42

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

It’s been about a few weeks since the first rehearsal day of the play and L.Joe’s little light incident and everything has been going into place. The students that were in the play had learned their lines and their positions and cues for the play. Everything was going right. Just one thing.

 

                The play was in a week. And Romeo was having complete second thoughts.

 

                Chunji was on the rooftop during lunch time where he was sitting down his back against the wall. He sighed and pulled on his blazer closer to him when he felt a breeze blew by him. Maybe it wasn’t a great idea to be up here when it’s winter time. But Chunji ignored his thoughts and just continued to stay here in the cold.

                Chunji knew he shouldn’t be having any second thoughts about anything. But he couldn’t help but feel like what he’s doing isn’t right at all. He shouldn’t be Romeo, he still hasn’t understand how he even got the part to be quite honest. A lot of the other students were completely better than he was. At least they wouldn’t be second guessing on things.

                He has nothing against Eunhee; she’s an amazing girl with one killer and I mean killer (like seriously like out of this world) personality. He finds that really interesting in a girl, but Eunhee wasn’t the girl.

                Chunji sighed. Yes the boy was completely in love with Nicole and he has nothing to do about it. He can’t fully talk to her without having his heart beat way too fast for a regular heart to be beating and most importantly he can’t confess to her. It wasn’t right yet. He doesn’t know what he’s waiting for but he just can’t confess to her.

               

                He’s a coward. Lee Chanhee is a coward.

 

 

-------

 

 

Eunhee was making her way to the lunch room when Nicole came running towards her. Eunhee stared at her with confusion in her eyes as she watch the girl bend over trying to catch her breath. “Uhh, hi?”

                Nicole held up her forefinger indicating Eunhee to be quiet. Eunhee rolled her eyes at that but kept quiet so Nicole could talk. Nicole took a deep breath and stood up straight. “Okay, I can breathe now.”

                “Yeah, and I’m hungry. So if you don’t have anything to say, I’m just going t to go now.” Eunhee was about to leave, but Nicole grabbed on to her and held on to her.

                “No!” Eunhee flinched at the sudden scream. “I just needed to take a breather, but I’ll tell you now.” Eunhee motion her to go on. “The boys are trying to find Chunji but they can’t seem to find him. He was here in the morning but it seemed like he disappeared right before lunch began.”

                Eunhee stared at the frantic girl in front of her with a blank face. “You stopped me just because you can’t find Chunji?” Nicole nodded her head. “Are you kidding me? He could’ve been in the bathroom or something.”

                “But the guys said he wasn’t in there.”

                “There’s more than one bathroom you know.”

                “They checked all of them.”

                “Even in the gym.”

                “Yes even that one.”

                “Damn.”

                Nicole nodded her head sadly. Eunhee looked at the girl that looked like a sad puppy that had just lost her owner. Eunhee sighed. “And you want me to go find him?”

                Nicole looked at her and slowly nodded her head. Eunhee stared at her best friend and was actually debating whether or not to go with it and she was actually going to walk right pass her and head to the lunch room but she took another look at the face Nicole had on and found herself losing the battle. She sighed again. “Fine, I’ll go find your stupid boyfriend.”

                “Thank you!” Nicole gave her a smile and a big hug but suddenly frowned. “And Chunji isn’t my boyfriend.”

                “Yeah keep telling yourself that.” Eunhee pushed Nicole off her and turned around the other way. “You better give me some food for this because I’m skipping lunch to find your stupid boyfriend.”

                “Chunji isn’t stupid. And he’s not my boyfriend!”

                Eunhee ignored Nicole’s words and walked down the hallway trying to find Chunji. Eunhee’s stomach growled and Eunhee made a face knowing very well why her stomach was making noises. She patted it, “Sorry, but mama isn’t going to feed you any time soon because stupid Nicole wants me to find her stupid boyfriend.” Eunhee frowned and went off to find Chunji.

 

 

---------

 

 

L.Joe was seated in his seat in the cafeteria. He had the whole crew here with him (except Chunji and Eunhee, Nicole came and informed them that Eunhee had went to go search for Chunji), and they were all eating their food. Well except for him; he was just merely playing with his food.

                No one seemed to notice his odd behavior (even if they did, they didn’t comment on it). L.Joe was doing some hard thinking for the past few weeks. After his little chat with Chunji, L.Joe did some thinking. He’s still confuse on how he feels about Eunhee and if he still has feelings for Hye Joo. But he does know this though; he needs more advice. He needs to tell someone and needs them to give their insight on this. Because having just one person knowing the whole story isn’t helping him at all.

                L.Joe shook his head in frustration. He knew questioning your feelings for someone could be so hard?

L.Joe continued to pick on his food and stare blankly at it. While he was doing this he didn’t notice CAP staring at him all curiously. He raised his eyebrow at the younger. He noticed that the younger was in complete distress and it was eating him inside. CAP sighed knowing what he was thinking. And as the eldest he needs to help his dongsaengs in need.

                “Hey, L.Joe?” L.Joe looked up at him and hummed at him. “Are you busy today? After school?”

                L.Joe was thinking about it and shook his head. “No. The stuff that I need to learn I learned already a couple of days ago, but I do have to go over with them tomorrow.”

                “So you free?”

                “Yeah, why?” L.Joe was confused on why CAP was asking him if he was free. I mean they hang out a lot in the past, but things were getting a little buys now and L.Joe honestly thought since CAP was graduating he would need time by himself.

                “I want you to meet someone.”

                L.Joe raised his eyebrow at him. Meet someone…?

                Ricky decided it was perfect for to pop in to their conversation. “Can I come?”

                “No.” CAP quickly shot the younger down. Ricky pouted and mumbled something along the lines of ‘I didn’t want to hang with you anyways’. “So you want to come?”

                L.Joe thought about it. “Do I have a choice?”

                “No.”

                L.Joe sighed and nodded his head. “Fine, I have no choice, so why not?”

                CAP grinned at him. The power of being the oldest.

 

--------

 

 

Eunhee was walking around the halls, looking through the rooms, and asking anyone if they saw Chunji. And none were helpful. Eunhee was started to get really frustrated at this ‘hide-n-seek’ game that Chunji was playing. She didn’t understand why he had to up and disappear and especially not tell his friends where he was going. Because that would be really helpful, but then again if he were to tell them where they were Eunhee wouldn’t trying to find him.

                Eunhee was starting to get really hungry. She can’t believe she was skipping lunch to find someone. And that someone is someone that she isn’t entirely close to. Eunhee groaned and was about to give up this search but she passed by the staircase that lead up to the roof. She was debating whether or not to go up there and look around but she was getting really hungry. Eunhee was about to walk away but then the face Nicole had on before appeared in her head and she flinched. God why are you everywhere?! Eunhee sighed and reluctantly climbed the stairs.

 

----------

 

Chunji was still sitting down in his same spot not bothering to move at all. He was about to fall asleep when he heard the door opening. He was on the other side of where the door was so whoever coming in couldn’t see him. He didn’t bother making his presence known since he didn’t really knew who was entering the roof. And besides if it was a teacher than Chunji would get in some trouble. Students were not permitted to go up to the roof. But that doesn’t really stop people, the students still do it. Just don’t get caught.

                Chunji waited for the person to leave so he can return to his alone time. But that doesn’t seem like it was going to happen when the person that came up to the roof called for his name.

                “Chunji?”

                It sounded female, but he couldn’t really recognize who it was because the person was whining. “Chunji are you up here? Please be up here because I’m hungry and I want food!” Chunji seemed to have a wild guess on who that was and hope it was right because that would be weird if he called a girl by the wrong name. Almost borderline offense.

                “Eunhee?” He called out and it seemed the person heard him because footsteps was being heard around the roof. It was getting louder and closer to where he was and his guess was correct when he saw Eunhee standing in front of him.

                “Oh my god! I found you! You know the guys were trying to find you because you apparently disappear on them.”

                Chunji sighed. “Yeah sorry about that. I just needed some alone time, but I guess I forgot to tell them that I’ll be up on the roof.”

                Eunhee momentarily forgot about her hunger when she saw how depressed Chunji looked. “You okay?”

                Chunji looked at her and Eunhee notice the sadness in his eyes. “Can I be honest with you Eunhee?”

                Eunhee looked at him and gave him a small smile. “Of course you can. We’re… friends… to say the least.” Eunhee slowly sat down beside him and faced him. “This may come to a surprised but I’m actually a great listener.”

                Chunji laughed at that which caused Eunhee to laugh as well. “Yeah that is a surprised.”

                “It’s the truth though.”

                Chunji smiled but stayed quiet for a while. Eunhee waited for him to continue what he wanted to say. “I’ve been thinking a lot lately, and I just feel completely horrible about this but…” He let out a deep sigh and continued. “I’ve been second guessing things. Would it be horrible of me to leave the play?”

                “Yeah it would.”

                Chunji stared at Eunhee with wide eyes. He expected that kind of response from her, but he was half expecting for her to be some kind of comfort for him, but this Eunhee we’re talking about here. She’s straightforward as hell. Eunhee seemed to notice the shock and immediately apologized. “Sorry was that too harsh? I wasn’t trying to make it sound harsh I swear.”

                “It’s fine. I sort of expected it. I don’t know why I’m second guessing things- no I do. No offense Eunhee I would rather be doing this play with Nicole than with you.” Eunhee raised her eyebrow at that. “Oh my goodness that was the meanest thing I’ve ever said in my entire life! Especially to a girl.’

                Eunhee smiled and let out a soft chuckle. “Don’t worry, I’m not offended. I don’t want to do this either and if it makes you feel any better Nicole isn’t on board with this either.” She nudge her shoulder against his and gave him a smile.

                “Yeah right. Nicole doesn’t feel anything for me.”

                Eunhee gave him a disbelief look. She wanted to shout at him for being an idiot and tell him that Nicole like him back, hell she loves the guy, but she couldn’t. She couldn’t reveal Nicole’s secret like that even if it’ll end this tension between them. She let out a deep sigh. “You’d be surprised.” She mumbled to herself.

                “What?”

                “Oh nothing.” Eunhee stared forward and sighed again. “We both didn’t choose these role, our teacher did, and I’m pretty sure she must have some reason why she did, so the mean time let’s just go with this. No matter how much we want to not do this remember how hard everyone worked on this play to be perfect. I don’t want to be selfish and just ruin that for everyone.” Eunhee turned to look at Chunji, who was looking right back at her. “Just bear with it.”

 

---------

 

It was after school and L.Joe was currently being dragged by CAP by the collar of his blazer. It’s been hectic school as Eunhee came to them just when lunch was about to end with Chunji. It was weird because he notice something different about Eunhee and Chunji. For some reason they seem a lot… closer that usual. Well they weren’t really close before but it seems now they are.

                And it made L.Joe feel really weird.

                And yet he still doesn’t know what this really mean. Does he like her? Or is he just an overprotective person towards his close friends… that are female… Yet he’s not overprotective of Nicole…

                L.Joe frowned. Thinking about this makes his head hurt really bad. CAP didn’t say much but just continued to drag L.Joe to god knows where. “Where are you taking me?”

                “To meet someone.”

                “And where is this someone exactly?”

                “She works at this bakery place a couple blocks away from the school.”

                So it’s a girl… Wait it can’t be…L.Joe smirked, “By any chance is this she your lady friend?”

                 CAP stayed quiet after that and L.Joe knew that he hit the jackpot. But he didn’t dwell in it because he respects his hyung’s privacy unlike some other people. After a while they seemed to reach a bakery.

                “Is this the place?”

                “Yeah it is.” CAP opened the door making the bell ring and pushed L.Joe through. L.Joe entered the place and instantly the smell of bread and pastries hit him straight in the face. He looked around the place and notice it wasn’t that busy. He was glancing around when he saw girl sitting at a table of two. CAP pushed him towards her and sat him down on the seat. The girl looked up from her phone and smiled at him.

                L.Joe was confused but nevertheless gave her a smile, a very awkward one. He felt CAP pat him on the back. “Byunghun, this is my friend Gina. Gina, this is my dongsaeng Byunghun.”

                Gina gave him a smile and a wave. “Hi”

                “… Hi…”

                L.Joe was getting really confused as to why he’s sitting in front of CAP’s crush friend. So he turned to him for answers. CAP notice his distress and smiled. “You need help figuring something out. I won’t be able to help you because I’m not very helpful in these kind of situations. But Gina,” He turned to her and smiled and turned back to him. “Gina is great at these situations and she gives out great advice.”

                L.Joe blinked at CAP. He was shocked that he may found out about his inner conflict. “Hyung…”

                CAP patted his back. “You need another voice in this buddy. And Chunji isn’t really the person you should be talking about this to, no offense to him.” He gripped his shoulders for support. “I’m going to be in the back helping out, so if you need me just give me a holler.” He turned to Gina. “Take care of him.”

                Gina smiled at him. “No problem.”

                CAP smiled and gave L.Joe one last squeeze and left. L.Joe cautiously glanced at Gina and saw her smiling at him with her hands folded together while being tucked under her chin. “So… tell me about your girl problems.”


I updated this! Finally! I hope this is long enough for you guys. I tried to make it long because I was gone for such a long time so you guys deserve something special. I hope you guys like it!

Comment & Subscribe~