Chapter 9

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Ryosuke:

I fell asleep with my head on the table when I heard someone knocking on the door. Could it be demons? I looked next to me and saw Mai sleeping on the floor. Since the apocalypse started we don't sleep in normal beds anymore. I heard someone knocking yet again. Now Mai also woke up. "Who's that?" she asked. "Ssst" I wishpered with my finger to my lips.

I grabbed my Iron stick that was under the table and went to the door. "Stay here" I wishpered to her. "Who's there?" I asked out loud while I was in the hallway. Instead of giving an answer they knocked on the door. I looked through the peephole that was in the door.  I saw one of the demons. I looked straight into his eyes and saw the same thing I always see when I look in a demons... eyes... I kept repeating that sentence in mind. Sayumi? Is she? No... that can't be... I just saw it wrong, right? She was so nice to me, just a bit strange... But that can have a lot of reasons, right?

Again they knocked on the door. 'Okay, I'm just going to open the door and then kill him with the stick' I thought. But this had to go fast. I opened the door as quick as I could and ed the stick into the demon's heart. He struggled to breathe. Blood spilled out of his mouth. I still had the stick in my hands. Then I pulled the stick out of the demon's heart. Why was he here? Was he trying to kill us? I think he was. They probably already knew about me in the demon world. I was the hunter and had to be dead.

Then I noticed there were two more demons in the front yard. I heard screaming. It was a girl that sounded like... Sayumi? "Sayumi?!" I yelled. Then I saw another demon walking from the hedge which was between my house and the neighbour's. "Sayumi!" I yelled again, as soon as I saw her. She was captured by the demon who was behind the hedge. I took out my stick to defeat them but then the demon put a knife on . I thought it was hers. She looked scared. I noticed she was almost crying. I already gave up the idea that Sayumi may be one of them, because she was too scared. Demons can't be scared, right? I thought the eye thing was just my imagination. I didn't believe it anymore. "Don't try anything hunter!" He said. "Or else she's dead". I put my stick away and was waiting for was was going to happen.