Chapter 28

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Mai:

I was really happy that he felt better. But why did he want to go to the store? Was he really so sure he would find Sayumi again? That was probably already thinking about leaving when she said that she was going to the store. I was quite sure she left us behind. Above all she's a demon. And isn't lying something what demons do whole the time? Ryosuke told me that two years ago.

After he came home that day he was hurt very much. But he could still laugh. I asked him worringly what happened, but he only laughed and told me I had nothing to worry about. "Did you kill him? The demon who killed mom and dad...?" I asked him then. He smiled at me and nodded. I was happy, because I thought we could have a normal live again, but I was wrong. The demons stayed... of course. "Demons are only good at one thing, and that's lying. Remember that" He then said. 

We were almost near the store and both didn't say a word yet, since we left out of the forest. I looked at him. He didn't look happy. I was wondering why he cared about that demon so much. Was it love? We walked to the entrance of the store. "What's that?" Ryosuke asked wondering, while he ran to something what was on the floor. It was a plastic bag with stuff in it. Ryosuke took it off the floor. "Someone's been here and decided to go shopping but forgot to take the groceries home, isn't that weird?" Ryosuke asked. I nodded. He probably thought that Sayumi took this. Maybe she did, but only to misguide us. He examined the bag. "Blood..." He sad as he showed me the white plastic bag. There was blood on it. "Someone's been attacked here?" I asked. He nodded. "Sayumi..." He then said. I became mad. Why does he think of her first!? It could also be someone else, right? He walked inside as I followed him. "Okay... look if you can find something else..." he said. "You're looking there and I will go look there..." He pointed. I nodded. I went to the place where you can find the drink bottles, but I didn't look for anything. 'Why should I look for something we can't find?' I thought. I looked at some drink bottles. One of the lables was missing. "You found anything?!" I heard Ryosuke screaming at the other side of the store. "Nothing!" I screamed back as I looked at the ground. First I didn't notice... But then I saw it. Something was on the floor. I crouched and picked it up. It was the missing lable. I turned it around and shocked by seeing the backside. Someone wrote something on it... In red paint. Or was it... blood? They've got me -Sayumi It was definitely written in demon blood. Blood of that . So... she was really in danger. Or could this just be a trick of her to kill us?

"Found something?" Ryosuke asked from behind me. I shocked and turned around with the lable after my back. "Nothing" I said. I won't let that come near us again. "Okay... let's go" Ryosuke said as he walked to the door. I put the lable in my pocket and followed him out of the store.