Chapter 26

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Mai:

I made a spear of a tree branch and went to the river. I was still really worried about Ryosuke and mad at that demon...
I carefully walked towards the water. If I went too fast the fish might get scared and swim away. "Is it really okay to eat them" I thought out loud. I saw a fish swimming and held my spear ready to throw it at the fish. I missed. "This is harder then I thought" I said to myself. I looked into the water and saw another fish. I held the spear again and watched the fish while I tried to concentrate. "Concentrate" I said quietly "This can't be that hard". I was holding the spear, while it came closer to the fish. Then, when the spear almost touched the fish I quickly ed the spear. "Got'cha" I said while I took the spear out of the water. I looked at the fish. It was a very big fish. I felt sorry for the fish, but on the other side: we needed to survive. "I'm sorry" I said to the fish.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming closer. Ryosuke? But what would he do here? Maybe he was worried? I looked around but didn't see anyone. Maybe it was just my imagination. Then I saw it; On the other side of the river. Someone was standing on a big rock. I was shocked and took a step back. 'Demon!' I thought. His pose told me enough. I turned around and ran away. But it was too late; He already spotted me. "Hey!" he yelled at me. I still had the spear and the fish in my hands. I ran, but not into Ryosuke's direction. He was too weak to fight right now, so I ran as far away from Ryosuke's place. I was really scared: What if he'd catch me? "Hey!" I heard him shout again. I got tired but didn't stop running. Stopping meant dying. It was already very dark. I ran untill I came at an open place. There was a tree in the middle of it. A Big apple tree. I stopped running. I was wondering how big this forest was. I turned around. I didn't saw the demon anymore. Did he give up? I was really tired. I didn't even know where I was. 'Could I ever find Ryosuke again?' I wondered. I walked back to try to find a way back to my brother. Was I lost? I wanted to yell his name, but that didn't seem like a good idea as what just happened. I tried to find a way back, as I heard water. 'Ah~ The river...' I thought. I followed the sound of the water till I was back at the river. I kept walking while I looked around. I didn't want to be spotted by any other demon again. I tried to walk as quietly as I could. I thought I still had to walk a while. I just had to walk to the place where I was fishing and then I could find my way back. So I kept walking, untill I came there. I was really glad I found the way back. Now I only had to walk to Ryosuke.