Chapter 25

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Ryosuke:

I felt really dizzy. I didn't eat for 24 hours. Sayumi didn't come back. 'What's going on?' I thought. This wasn't like her. She would've come back. Where was she? Mai thought she might have left us behind. Was she right? Did she actually left us behind? No, that couldn't be the truth! She was in danger. I felt it.

Mai was still standing next to me, next to the bench. "I wish I could get you something" She then said. Then I remembered the berries Sayumi wanted to feed me a while ago. She must've throw them away, but it means there must be more of them in the forest. Or maybe there's something else to eat. I remembered Sayumi talking about a river. She filled the bottle with water from the river. Was it possible that fish live in that river? We could always give it a try. I was trying to sit down. "What are you doing?" Mai asked. "I'm going fishing" I said quickly, but it still sounded like I'm sick. Mai looked at me like she didn't understand. "Fishing?" She asked. I nodded. "Sayumi told me there's a river in the forest" I said. "Where?" She asked. I shrugged. "She didn't tell me" I then said. I wanted to stand up but Mai stopped me from doing so. I looked at her. "Stay here..." She then said. I didn't understand. Why would she have me stay? "I'm going for you" She then said. I shook my head. "No, no..." I said. "Not on your own you're not". It was too dangerous out there to let her go alone. It was already becoming dark as well. "I can handle it, Ryosuke..." She said. "But you should stay here... You're too weak". "You too!" I said loudly just as I almost fainted again. I grabbed the bench just in time to sat on it. "You see?" She asked. "I'm stronger then you right now, Ryosuke...". In a way she was right. Right now I am too weak to fight. And in a world like this, you really need to fight. I sighed. "Okay, but if you see a demon- even when you're not sure if it's a demon, come right back". She nodded and then left. "Hurry!" I screamed at her while I saw her walk away. I didn't say it because I'm hungry, but because it's dangerous. I called myself stupid for letting her go alone. I wanted to give her the iron stick, but she thought I might need it more then herself. I was really worried about her. What if she disappears too. Just like Sayumi. Also; What happened to Sayumi?