Chapter 6

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Sayumi:

I wiped the blood off of my face. The fourth demon I killed. Again a demon without a head. I looked around. Where was he? He already should arrived by now, right? I stood with another demon face to face again. "You know that you are killing yourself by killing us right?" he said to me. He made me mad. I took my knife again and cut his throat, just like I did with all the others. But I knew he was right. When they capture me and give to the devil, I'm dead. "You!" an other demon yelled while he was coming to get me. Though they wanted to get me alive. that's a good thing for me. "Who do y..." He couldn't finish his sentence, because he fell down on the ground. Dead. This time he still had his head.
"Hi..." he said while he was taking out his iron stick out of the demons body. I hoped he was getting that thing out of my way. Even if I'd only touch iron it could hurt me a lot.

There were a lot of  other demons coming yet again. We had to defend ourselfs and fought a lot. This probably was the biggest fight I ever had to endure, and I thought it was the same for him. It started to rain. We were fighting while the rain was pouring down on us. "Watch out!" I yelled to him. There was a demon behind him that wanted to get him. I took my knife out and put the it in the demon's body. I couldn't cut his throat because he was too big. But this would slow him down. As quick as I could I ran to Ryosuke  and cut the throat of the demon that was attacking him.

Ryosuke was struggling to breath. The demon smashed him down on the ground and squeezed his throat.  "Are you ok?" I said. He nodded. "Watch out" he said. I turned around and saw the big demon who was attacking me before I saved Ryosuke. He was just so big, I couldn't cut his throat. 'What should I do?' I thought. "Take my stick" Ryosuke said while he pointed to his stick that laid three meters away from him. "I can't just leave you here". I was lying. I knew I would kill this demon in five seconds after grabbing the stick. But it was iron, and as soon as I'd only grab the stick I'd already drop it again because it would hurt too much.

The big demon came closer. I stared at the stick on the ground that was lying before the demon's feet. Luckily he had no shoes on. If he'd only stand on the stick he would fall because of the pain. Then I would be able to kill him. Ryosuke saw what I meant and distracted him. "Hey! You stupid fat demon" he shouted while he stood up. I had to laugh. "Who do you think you are, that you just can posses people and kill them!" he was going further while he was walking around the demon. The demon smiled but also followed him. He turned around and... Just as planned he stepped on the iron stick. He screamed because of the pain. And then fell on his back. I had to dive away before he would fall on me. 'Now it's my turn" I thought. This had to be done fast or he would get up again. I took my knife and cut the throat of the very big last demon. 

Ryosuke took his stick from the ground and walked to the entrance of the store. "Lucky me, you were with me... otherwise I would be dead" he said. "Then lucky you that I met you" I smiled. He nodded and walked into the store. We were both soaking wet and I looked in the mirror who was in the store, I noticed that I was covered in blood. My clothes, my face... even my hair. I looked at him and he also was covered in blood. He took a plastic bag and filled it with everything he could take and then we left the store. Noticed that the rain already stopped.

"Are you sure you don't want to come in?" he asked. I nodded. "Then were do you live exactly?" another question he asked. Why did he ask me that? I don't have a home. What should I say? Again a lot of question came up in my mind. "What's wrong?" he said. I stared to the ground. I didn't know what to say. Most demons lost their feeling in Hell, but I escaped long before that happened. It still felt like I'm human, but  only that I didn't eat or sleep. I still had feelings and I wanted to protect Earth. I didn't even know what's really going on here, what's wrong with every demon here. "Sayumi?" he asked. I was surprised he remembered my name. He dropped the bag on the ground and walked to me. "What's wrong?" he asked again. I couldn't tell him. I couldn't tell what I am. He would think I'm just like the others and kill me. But I'm not. I helped him this day, right? Would he understand if I told him? I couldn't tell him. He laid his hand on my shoulder. "Sayumi?" he asked, not knowing what was going on with me. "Nothing" I said, thought it sounded like I was going to cry. On that moment I saw a little girl standing in the door opening. She looked shocked because we were both covered in blood. "Mai! Go back inside" he said to her. But she didn't listen. Instead of that she was walking to our way.