Chapter 27

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Ryosuke:

I already made a fire with tree branches I found. It was hard to do that, because I almost fainted again. Perhaps I was too dizzy to look around for tree branches. I also didn't know how I made the fire, it just happened. But I was glad it worked. I heard someone breathing very fast. I turned around and saw Mai coming back. She was holding a spear in her hand with a fish on it. She must've made the spear by herself. I was glad she was back. I was really worried. I thought something happened. Did something happen? I tried to ran to her, but I was too dizzy, so I stopped running. "What happened?" I asked while she hugged me. She was really dirty and sweating. She shook her head. "Here!" She said while giving me the spear. I took it and walked to the fire. I was holding the spear with the fish above it. She didn't ask questions like "how did you make the fire?" and I didn't ask like "what happened?" anymore. She was quiet. I think because she was tired. She lied down on the grass.

"Hey... You want some?" I asked as I held the fish infront of her nose. It was done already. She refused. "But you also have to eat" I then said. She didn't answer. "Tomorrow... I want to show you something..." She said instead. Show me something? What could it be? We didn't say anything anymore and I ate the fish. Then we both fell asleep.

I opened my eyes, but was blinded by the sun. I was going to sit down on the grass. The fire was out. "Finally... you're awake!" Mai screamed behind me. I turned my head around and saw her walk towards me. "Do you feel better now?" She asked. I nodded while I stood up. "Much better" I said. She smiled. I walked to the bench and grabbed the iron stick, which was under the bench. I remembered when I made this when I first started hunting.


That day I was running and running for my life. There were demons after me, who killed my parents a few days earlier. I ran to the backyard of a house. I looked through the window. There were dead bodies lying on the floor. They must been killed by the demons. There was a girl my sister's age lying next to her parents. I thought about Mai; What if this also happens to her. I heard the demon coming and I ran away. I ran into the barn of the house and locked myself up. I heard the demons talking, they had no clue where I could be. I heard them looking around but then they gave up. I knew that they'd  kill me if they'd find me. I was the son of a hunter. I sighed. "I'm a hunter's son" I then said. That was the day where I decided to become a hunter. Not only because I'm the son of a hunter but also to protect my sister and the rest of the village. Maybe I could stop the apocalypse. I'm not really sure if I can still stop the apocalypse. Right now there are more demons then human in the village and theres more and more demons coming.

As quietly and careful as I could I opened the door of the barn again and stepped out of it. At the back of the house I saw an Iron waterpipe. I remembered when my dad made his weapon. "Demons are  afraid of iron and silver, pierce an silver object in the heart and the demon will die." he said. I tried to take the pipe of of the house but it was too strong. I almost gave up when I remembered the barn, maybe there's something useful in there. I walked back into the barn and found a saw. I sawed the pipe off of the house, which was really hard and tiresome to do. But after long work it finally worked. I dropped the saw on the floor and went back to the house. I remembered all the things father did to make a weapon. But he didn't make it from a waterpipe. There should be a sharp point on the end of my weapon. I bowed and sharpened the end of the pipe with a knife and hammer. It was really hard but finally it worked. Finally my weapon had an sharp point on the end. I took a bowl out of the kitchen and a knife and give myself a cut in my hand. I didn't care about the pain. I had to end this. Luckily Mai was already sleeping because I didn't want her to see this. I was holding my hand above the bowl and waited for the blood that was coming out. The bowl was almost full and I felt a little dizzy but still I didn't care. I took a towel out of another closet and put it into the bowl with blood, then I washed my new weapon in my own blood. I let it dry while I put some bandage on my hand. When it was dry I painted it with silver paint, so you couldn't see the blood anymore.

I looked at Mai, who was still sleeping and decided that I should test my new weapon and my hunting skills. I opened the front door of the house and looked around. I didn't see any demons so I walked to the street, with my weapon in my hand. "I smell human" I then heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw it was one of the demons who followed me earlier that day. The demon walked in my direction. I looked at my weapon and decided this was the test. I ran to him and pierced the sharp point through the stomache of the demon. He didn't die. Instead he laughed. Then I knew it. 'The heart' I thought. I had to pierce it through the heart. I took the stick out of the demon's body again and as fast as it left the body it went back. But into a different place. The heart. The demon looked shocked and I thought I saw blood coming out of his eyes and mouth. He fell on the ground and again I took the stick out of his body. This was the first time ever I killed a demon.

"Ah~ Come I want to show you something" Mai then said and grabbed hold of my arm. "Hey! Where are we going!" I yelled at her. She laughed and then let go off me. We walked further into the forest. "We're almost there!" She said while she started running. I was wondering what she wanted to show me. "Hurry!" She yelled at me while laughing. I was glad to see her so happy. I ran to her and came on an open place with grass everywhere. In the middle was a huge tree. "Is that an apple tree?" I asked. She nodded. "It is! Look!" She said while pointing to the fruits which were in the tree. "Awesome!" I said happily. "But we are never gonna be able to pick them out of the tree" I then said. "It's too high!". She shook her head. "We have to wait till they fall on the ground" She said while walking closer to the tree. "Look" She said as she crouched down. I walked up to her. She picked up the apple. "Are there any more?" I asked. She shrugged.


We looked around and found 6 more apples. We sat down under the tree and ate them all. I was still hungry and she must still be hungry too. "Hey..." I said when all the apples were eaten. "I want to go to the store today...". Mai looked surprised. "Why?" She asked. "We don't need to go there anymore, we have food here". "It's not for food.." I said again. "...Sayumi is in danger". Mai stood up. "You're blinded by love, Ryosuke" She then said. "She left you behind. Why don't you see that?!". She looked angry. I shook my head. "Maybe you're right, but it's too early to think that, right?" I said while I also stood up. "If she didn't leave us behind we must find something in the store, right? Something to know more about the disappearing..." I stopped for a while. "And... if we won't find anything, it means she really left... so... then I guess I should just forget about her." She nodded. "Okay! Let's go!" She then said.