Chapter 32

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Ryosuke:

"Mai!" I screamed her name. I saw how the whole ceiling fell on her. I almost cried. I couldn't lose her as well, I already lost Sayumi... Sayumi... I became mad when I thought about her. I thought this was all her fault. She burned down our house... Who else did this? She lied about everything, she was just against us... I should've known... She's a demon after all. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I had lost. I couldn't stop the apocalypse. We've lost. I only fought for of my sister. And if she's gone, I have no reason to fight anymore. I didn't care anymore. I already knew Mai was probably dead, but I wanted to be sure. So I walked carefully towards the mess, what once was the ceiling. I  tried to remove some of the mess. "Mai?" I asked while crying. I saw her hand and I removed more of the mess so I could see her head. It looked very bad. Almost her whole face was covered in blood. I removed more and more of the debris  so that I could lift her.

When I had her in my arms I saw she was still breathing. A smile came on my face. 'She's still alive'. I didn't understand how she survived the accident, but it really mad me happy. I walked away carrying her  out of the living room while I kept looking at her face. I walked out of the house and saw she was opening her eyes. "Mai?" I asked. She didn't say anything. I walked to the other side of the street, which has a field of grass, and I lied her down there. Her eyes where fully open now, but she still didn't say a word. It probably was a whole shock for her. I was wondering how she survived such a big clap. She was going to sit. "Careful" I said and helped her to sit a little. She looked at me with her big eyes and I smiled a little. I was just so happy that she was alive. She stood up like she didn't felt any pain. "Mai?" I asked. "I... I..." She stuttered. "I must go back". I didn't understand. "What?" I asked. But she didn't answer. Instead she went to the other side of the street again, to the house. I was wondering why. I followed her. We went back inside. "Where are you going?" I asked. She didn't answer. "Mai?" I asked again. "You don't understand" She said as she walked upstairs. "But..." I said. "...There's nothing there anymore, Mai... It all storted in". I just followed her and she walked to the bedroom. "There's nothin..." I said as she opened the door of the bedroom, but I stopped when I saw it. "Sayumi?" I said. I didn't understand, how did she know Sayumi was here? So it wasn't Sayumi after all? She didn't burn our house? She was caught and they tried to burn her? I saw brand marks on her skin. I only hoped there was a way to let her down. Her eyes were closed. Was she asleep or dead? "Sayumi!" I screamed her name, but she didn't opened her eyes. We were still standing on the floor. We knew it could also break very fast, just like the floor of the bedroom... but we didn't leave. "How can we let her down?" I asked. "There should be a way right?". Mai shook her head. "We can't save her...". "Then we should just let her die?!" I said a little mad. She nodded. I saw tears coming up in her eyes. I knew she didn't like Sayumi, but she was almost crying. I wondered why? "I'm sorry" She then said. I didn't understand what was going on. She walked away, back to the stairs. I looked at Sayumi again. Was she already dead? I felt a tear came up. I shocked as I heard a clap. I turned around. "Mai?" I asked. No answer. I walked to the direction Mai walked to. "Mai?!" I yelled as I saw her lying on the floor. I ran to her and sat next to her. I lied her head on my lap. She opened her eyes. "Wh... What happened?" I asked worryingly. "Sh... She... saved me..." She then said. I didn't understand. "What?" I asked. "Sayumi saved me".