Chapter 15

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Sayumi:

“Here…” I said. He looked around. “Here…?” He asked. I nodded. “On the street?” He asked again. “Not actually here, but…” I said. I walked to the bushes next to me and looked around a little . “Here…” I said. “You wanna sleep in the bushes?” He said. Okay, that sounded really weird. I shook my head while he walked to where I was. Then he saw what I meant. Behind the bushes was a big grass field with a few trees and a bench. I looked to the sky and saw a full moon along with a million stars. It was beautifull.

We walked towards the field and went to the bench. Ryosuke sat down on the bench and I lied down on the grass to look at the sky. “You should see this.” I said. Ryosuke looked at the sky. “No, here…” I said. “…Come lie next to me”. “I’m not actually in the mood.” He answered. “Come on…” I begged him while sitting on the grass. “Okay, okay.” He said and went lying next to me as I lied down again. “It is… beautiful” He said. I just made an ‘uhuh’ sound. “Hey, Ryosuke…” I said, thinking this was a good time to ask. He looked at me. “Do you think it’s all my fault?” He looked like he didn’t understand. “I mean…” I was going further. “…I mean… what happened today.” He looked back at the sky. “Maybe I shouldn’t have told you I’m a demon.” I said. He still didn’t say anything.  “You know I’m right, don’t you? If I didn’t tell it then you were in your house right now together with...” “Don’t say her name!” He yelled madly. “You’re right… It IS your fault!” He said as he was standing up. 

“Where are you going?” I asked while I saw him walk to the bench again. He sat down and looked down to the grass. I also stood up and walked up to the bench too. I sat next to him. “I’m sorry…” I said, while I grabbed his hand. He quickly pulled his hand back. “Just go away!” he said madly again. “No.” I said. “I’m not leaving you. “ He didn’t say anything anymore. “Listen… Ryosuke… I am really sorry… really.” I said. “It would’ve been better to kill you when I first heard it.” He said while he let a tear fall on his lap. I was shocked. ‘Is he going to kill me now?’ I thought. “Why didn’t you kill me, anyway?” I asked. “Because you couldn’t, could you? You couldn’t kill me.” He looked back to me. He looked really mad. “I wish I could kill you now.” he said while looking at the skies. That’s right, his stick was still under the table in the living room. When Mai screamed we went to the hallway and then we ran upstairs, without his stick. “You need a new weapon.” I said. He nodded. “Give me your knife!” he said. “What?” I asked. “Give me your knife!” He repeated very loudly. He took out his hand. “You wanna kill me with my own weapon?” I asked. He nodded. “You can’t…” I laughed a bit, though I didn’t meant to… I only made him more mad. “You don’t know how to work with my knife” I said. “But okay.. here” I said and gave him the knife. He looked like he didn’t understand. I also didn’t know if he could kill me or not, I thought he couldn’t. He couldn’t just cut my head off. He took my knife and held it at my neck. I was a little scared. He looked into my eyes very seriously and I didn’t see any emotion.  He really looked very angry. Was he really going to kill me?