Chapter 18

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Mai:

I already stood before the bedroom door whole the night. I felt a litle tired but couldn't sleep. Demons don't sleep, I noticed. 

“Where are they!” I yelled a thousandth time. The night before we went upstairs, we ran after them and they locked themselves up in the bedroom. When the demon yelled they didn’t answer anymore, no sound came out of the room. First it did. He answered all my questions. But then we didn’t hear them anymore. I opened door, but still couldn’t come in because of the salt. I looked into the room, but they were gone. The window was open so they must’ve escaped. I was glad that he was okay, but also scared. He left me alone. Why? I was worried about what would happen now.

“Where are they!” We left downstairs again and locked the door of the bedroom from the outside. He might be thinking that they were playing hide and seek in the bedroom. I stood in the living room now and looked around a little. I saw the iron stick under the table. ‘If I could just touch it…’ I thought. ‘Then the demon might leave my body.’ But I knew I could never touch it by myself. The demon was walking for me. I became more scared. ‘Can he also read my mind?’ I thought. “Where are they?!” I yelled again. The demon walked to the closet which had some photo’s taped to it. I looked at the photo’s. They were picture of me and Ryosuke. I was going to cry. It was weird, but you couldn’t see it on the outside. “I just miss him” I said… I really said something… and it wasn’t the demon who said that. But I could feel he was still inside me. ‘This is my chance!’ I thought. I walked to the table as fast as I could and grabbed the stick just in time. The demon was coming back again, but he couldn’t because I had iron in my hands. I heard him screaming and felt how he left my body. I didn’t know why I could control my body again, Maybe it was because of the pictures or just because I was scared. Or maybe because I miss my brother so much. I ran out of the house, with the iron stick in my hand, as fast as I could, followed by the demon souls. I ran and ran before some other soul could possess me. I didn’t know how I could lose them. I just ran and waited for what to come.