Chapter 7

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Ryosuke:

"Go back inside" I said again. Why wouldn't she listen?! "What happened?" She asked while looking at me. She probably saw all the blood. "We had a bit of a demon problem" I said. "Now go back inside". "Are you hurt?" she asked. "No, I have nothing..." I was a little irritated. Why whouldn't she just listen? "Who is she?" She asked while looking at Sayumi. "She's a friend, she saved me" I said. Sayumi looked a little nervous. What was going on with her? She said there was nothing, but should I really believe that? I wish I could help her... If only she'd tell me what's going on. Then I could.

"I am Sayumi" she said to Mai while greeting her. "I'm Mai" she replied. "Mai, can you take the bag with groceries to the kitchen please?" I asked her friendly. She agreed, grabbed the bag and went back inside. "Your sister?" Sayumi Asked. "Yes" I said.  "She's nice" sayumi said. "Yes... but Sayumi, can you talk?" She looked at me. With these eyes. I don't know what it was like but I saw something in her eyes. It was weird, but it was the same thing I saw at one of the demons today.

What was going on? "About what?" She asked, staring down to the ground again. "We're friends, right?" I asked. It was quiet for a while. Maybe she didn't know what to answer. Were we actually friends? I thought we were, but maybe she thought differrent about it. Maybe we were just hunters who are helping each other, and nothing more than that. "Yes" She replied. A smile came on my face. "Really?" I said a little too enthusiastic. She then looked in my eyes again and smiled. She has a cute smile. What was I thinking again?! I had to cut to the point and ask her again. "Well, if we're friends... You can tell me everything right?" I asked. Her smile disappeared and she started staring at the ground again.

"Sayumi? What's wrong?" I asked. I thought maybe it was because of the apocalypse, maybe she lost someone in the past? Someone she did care about... Maybe... I tried to ask. "It's because of the apocalypse right?" I asked. "I know it's all quite strange. Everything changed". She didn't say anything. "Did something happen to you in the past?" She looked shocked when I said that. "Do you still have family?" I was worried about her. I have my sister, but Sayumi... maybe she doesn't have anybody anymore. "Just leave me alone!" She said while walking back. She walked away from my house. I didn't know where she was going. 'Maybe I should follow here' I thought, but then skipped it out of my mind. 'No, this is something private... When she's ready, she would tell me' I thought.

I walked inside and closed the door. I sighed. I made my way to the living room with a thousand questions in mind. "Nice girl" Mai said while I walked into the living room. She was sitting at the table and already put the groceries in the kitchen closets. "What?" I was a little confused I still had my overfilled with questions. "That girl... That was with you... Is she a hunter? She's nice!" She said enthusiastic, smiling. "Erm... yes..." I said. "Jeez... where are you with your thoughts?" She said, still smiling. "Oh... erm... nothing" I said while opening the fridge to get us some drinks. Without asking I also poured in some milk for her. "Ah... now I understand" She said while I gave her the milk. "It's that girl, right?" she asked. I looked at her as if I saw water burning. "You're in love, aren't you?" I was shocked. What? Me, in love? That's impossible... I only met her this afternoon. 'Is it even possible for me to be in love' I though to myself. "We're hunters" I said "We can't be in love". "Why not? Then you could fight the demons together!" she said. "No, it's too dangerous and it's not even true, so stop telling these nonsense okay?!" I sounded a little mad. "Why is it dangerous, It's also dangerous now... so... why?". "Just stop about this, okay? Today was probably the first and last time I saw her" I was mad, but I felt a tear coming up. "Why?" She asked "Did you had a fight?" I didn't answer the question and went to the bathroom. First I washed the blood off the iron stick. Then I took my clothes off and washed all the blood of my body. I put on some other clothes and washed the clothes which were covered in blood. I hung them over the sink to let them dry.