Chapter 23

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Sayumi:

Mai was really mad. Ryosuke must also notice that. She blamed me. She hated me. And she was right, It was my fault. She was probably scared because I'm a demon. I thought about the kiss again. How long was Mai watching? Did she see we kissed? I noticed I get the warm feeling again. That I even can be in love... I didn't know it was possible for a demon to love someone. 'They probably blame me in Hell'. I laughed a little.

I was almost near the store and couldn't see any demons. "They didn't come back?" I asked myself. I walked to the back of the store. "No one?" It didn't felt good. I went inside. I tried to remember the things Ryosuke took last time we were here. "What do humans need?" I was a demon for a very long time, maybe too long. I didn't even remember what humans eat anymore. I saw a little bottle. -Vitamines- The label said. That's something I did remember. Humans need vitamines right? I grabbed the bottle. "Maybe he'll feels better when he takes this"

I walked deeper into the store. Maybe something to eat? Something for Mai as well. I thought they couldn't go home anymore, it would be to dangerous. I didn't want them to die. I grabbed some cookies... well, some? I grabbed a lot of cookies. I also took a lot of water bottles for them. "They also should drink a lot, right?" I grabbed a plastic bag and put everything in it. This would be easier to lift. I looked out of the window. "" I said as dropped the bag and ducked under the window, which was next to the door, as soon as I saw him. Did he see me? Outside was one of the strongest demons from Hell. I thought he was still stuck there. The leader must've send him. I wondered if I could kill him. I heard footsteps coming closer to the window and then I heard someone opening the door. "" I said another time. My heart beat as fast as it could. 'How did he find me?' I thought while crawling through the aisle. I hid behind some drink bottles. I saw the bag was still lying next to the door. I saw him walk inside. I ducked again, but while I did that one of the bottles fell. I closed my eyes. ', , , ...' I thought. My heart beated faster and faster. Did he noticed? "Come forward" I heard. Okay, so he did notice. "I know you're here" He said again. "Come forward and we'll talk about it" Talk? yeah, right! With talk he meant fight.

I was thinking. Maybe I should show myself and fight with him. I was almost sure I would lose, I will lose and he will send me back to Hell. I heard footsteps coming closer. I was worried. Worried that he would find me and I never could take the food to Ryosuke. They will die, we will all die. Then I came with an idea. It wasn't a good idea, but I had to try. Maybe I could escape if I'd just run and be smart enough. Maybe I can fight with him to distract him and then I can escape. I hoped it will work, though I was almost sure it would never work. "Come here, I know you're here!" I heard again. Just in case it won't work I made a note. I grabbed a bottle and removed the label as fast as I could. "I can hear you!" he said. I had to hurry now. I took my knife and cut in my own arm. I didn't have a pen, but this would also work. I wrote with my own blood on the back of the label. They've got me -Sayumi. I left the label on the ground, in a place where they will find it easily. I was quite sure Ryosuke will look for me if I won't come back. But I also knew it would take some time. "Where are you?!" I heard again. I took a deep breath. then I stood up. "You're looking for someone?" I said while I faced the demon.