Chapter 21

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

 

Mai:

I ran into the forest. Hoping I was losing them. I couldn’t stop. I didn’t look behind. I also didn’t know if they were still following me. I ran and ran and didn’t notice the tree branch on the ground, I tripped over it and fell. I looked behind me and didn’t see them anymore. I stood up. Did I lose them? No, maybe they stopped trying to get me. Their leader was gone, maybe they gave up going for me. I walked deeper into the forest. ‘Should I go back to the house?’ I thought. ‘No… Maybe they’re waiting for me.’ I walked deeper into the forest. I heard something behind the bushes. I got scared and thought it might be some of the demons. I was as silent as I could be and didn’t even breathe. Then I saw a bunny come out of the bushes. I sighed. “It was just a bunny!” I thought out loud and I walked further along.

After a while I heard something again. Voices. I walked into the direction of the sound. “Hello?” I said. No reaction, didn’t they hear me? I walked further. My arm scraped past a tree branch, slicing my arm open.“Ouch…” I said. I was bleeding. I just walked further, as if nothing happened. Then I saw him.I almost wanted to scream his name out of happiness, but I didn’t when I saw her. ‘Are they kissing?’ I thought. They were. How could he kiss that . I felt betrayed. I wanted to walk away, but then he turned around and spotted me.